• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyforge |OT| Thou shall not workship false prophets

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Why are u complaining about them scaling the lower prestige dmg up in party thats a goid feature that will stop randomd failing as much

Skulldead

Why are u complaining about them scaling the lower prestige dmg up in party thats a goid feature that will stop randomd failing as much

Risk vs reward..... If i want to do the impossible difficulty to get a bigger reward and not use the pre-made? Can I ? If they let me the option I'm fine with the scaling option. But from the patch note it's doesn't seem we have the choice....

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
econd, some have looked ahead at what the RU version has gotten in terms of class balance and have seen that we are not getting some of them in the Crucible of the Gods update. While we have gotten some changes ahead of time, some of the balance updates, like those for the Slayer and Monk, were not able to be pushed forward from a future version already being worked on and added to this update in time. But we will be actively looking at how soon we can get these changes implemented going forward.

Third, chat and portal problems are something many of you, and even some of us, have experienced so far. While the patch notes do not necessarily call out fixes specifically, many of the fixes we are implementing have a direct effect on the Portal and chat issues. We believe this will clear up many of the issues players currently face. For the issues that remain after the update is live, we will be collecting further information from those affected and work with the development team on additional fixes.

nice to hear

also for fun n crazy things i do :D

PoxDTZl.jpg

nice to hear

also for fun n crazy things i do :D
Nice hair colour!
Cannot wait for patch. I have had almost no issues thus far until reset this week and everything seemed to break. Did some stuff last night with another SkyGAF member and everything went smoothly again! So confused. Anyhow despite all that I have finally unlocked monk and am super happy with it. Will spend some time with it tomorrow getting skills etc.

Xilium

I thought same thing last week before I unlocked witch. In fact I did the math and saw I would be like literrally 1 node short. I didn't take into account that at like 7k and 11k prestige (I forget actual prestige but something like that) u get to open that package thing for 500x and 700x of each spark that isn't counted towards the limit. Made my day. Hopefully that lets u get to witch too.

You are a gentleman/gentlewoman and a scholar. I did just what you said and finally unlocked Witch. Now the game actually begins ^_^.

Uthred

So how important is joining a Pantheon in this game? Are you just missing out on some guild vs guild stuff or is a lot of endgame content locked behind it?

Cracklox

So how important is joining a Pantheon in this game? Are you just missing out on some guild vs guild stuff or is a lot of endgame content locked behind it?

Its pretty important, but arguably not vital. You'll miss out on distortions and anomalies which are like guild specific raids, but you can still take part in regular raids and invasions.

There is room in skygaf if you want somewhere to call home. We just finished building our academy that will help give us access to some of the end game stuff, and more upgrades hopefully won't be too far off

thundr51

How are you guys getting so much prestige so fast? I'm about ready quit this and move on. I think my mistake was I saw god mode so close and started working on that when I should have been using those sparks to get to monk. Now I'm stuck and can barely make it through story missions.
Btw, still playing as lightbinder

Ploid 3.0

How are you guys getting so much prestige so fast? I'm about ready quit this and move on. I think my mistake was I saw god mode so close and started working on that when I should have been using those sparks to get to monk. Now I'm stuck and can barely make it through story missions.

What prestige are you? If you're solo getting the nodes that increase your Impulse damage, and crit damage would be nice for your Spark of Anger spam.

https://i.imgur.com/RhJdpDE.jpg
*Impulse Intensity
*Maximum Recoil
*Ultimate Strength

Maybe Lucky shot too.

I started lightbinder and moved to Kinetic when I was able, but still went back to Lightbinder when my Kinetic would get too beat up for certain fights. When I'm uncapped on sparks I just farm them and spend them to progress and naturally increase my Prestige with the nodes and gear I acquire. I do some dabbling in the Order system which also give me prestige but I don't really go all out on it. I have 3 of the temple stat buffs (accuracy x2, crushing blows x1).

Sham Wow glitched out:
No idea what skill he was using but he was stuck in the air like this just floating around, found it funny :)

KqCTMCt.jpg

Yea you need to get to 30k before you can even unlock god anyway so best not to waist time on it yet.
Are you in the Gaf Guild?, will be more than happy to help you out running through missions/instances to gain some more sparks, what ever you need to get back on track.

Skulldead

Sham Wow glitched out:
No idea what skill he was using but he was stuck in the air like this just floating around, found it funny :)

KqCTMCt.jpg

Yea you need to get to 30k before you can even unlock god anyway so best not to waist time on it yet.
Are you in the Gaf Guild?, will be more than happy to help you out running through missions/instances to gain some more sparks, what ever you need to get back on track.

Happen yesterday too when we have done a dungeon and
Sham Wow was in the party. He/She is the curse !!

Cracklox

Sham Wow glitched out:

Haha. God mode yo

In other news I think my PC just died. Got a blue screen of death and now won't boot. Can get into bios, where everything appears to be in order, but thats about it. Get a disk boot failure after that. Early diagnosis (Dr Google) indicates possible HDD failure. FML

There's a few tools and things I can try but I'm not super hopeful. Its kinda late so I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Otherwise, I have a laptop, but I'm pretty sure it'll catch fire if I try running the game for more then half an hour.

I have a 1st world problem it seems

^^ haha curse confirmed I guess. But then, I was doing some co-op with boofa heads witch and their curse power is known to crash games. So.......... I blame him

Haha. God mode yo

In other news I think my PC just died. Got a blue screen of death and now won't boot. Can get into bios, where everything appears to be in order, but thats about it. Get a disk boot failure after that. Early diagnosis (Dr Google) indicates possible HDD failure. FML

There's a few tools and things I can try but I'm not super hopeful. Its kinda late so I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Otherwise, I have a laptop, but I'm pretty sure it'll catch fire if I try running the game for more then half an hour.

I have a 1st world problem it seems

Holy shit dude, was wondering were you went, thought you just fell asleep :(
Did happen to me once before, managed to connect the HDD up to another PC and have it fix errors on boot up. Ended up replacing the drive anyway once I recovered my data.

Don't really know enough about it to offer any worth while help, hope you do get it sorted out soon with little hassle though.

Cracklox

Holy shit dude, was wondering were you went, thought you just fell asleep :(
Did happen to me once before, managed to connect the HDD up to another PC and have it fix errors on boot up. Ended up replacing the drive anyway once I recovered my data.

Don't really know enough about it to offer any worth while help, hope you do get it sorted out soon with little hassle though.

Yeah was just waiting for you to come back and boom.

I'll suss it out more tomorrow. Too late and 1 too many beers to put too much effort in now. I am meant to know a little about this stuff so see what happens. Worst case, I think I have another hard drive lying around somewhere that I can re-install everything on. The machine is basically just for gaming so there's not really any data I need, other then the games I play and that'll just be a case of re-downloading those

thundr51

What prestige are you? If you're solo getting the nodes that increase your Impulse damage, and crit damage would be nice for your Spark of Anger spam.

https://i.imgur.com/RhJdpDE.jpg
*Impulse Intensity
*Maximum Recoil
*Ultimate Strength

Maybe Lucky shot too.

I started lightbinder and moved to Kinetic when I was able, but still went back to Lightbinder when my Kinetic would get too beat up for certain fights. When I'm uncapped on sparks I just farm them and spend them to progress and naturally increase my Prestige with the nodes and gear I acquire. I do some dabbling in the Order system which also give me prestige but I don't really go all out on it. I have 3 of the temple stat buffs (accuracy x2, crushing blows x1).

Prestige is currently at 3600. Going to get to work on that as well.

Ploid 3.0

Prestige is currently at 3600. Going to get to work on that as well.

Oh wow, you must have a lot of sparks then.

(mistakenly let drool seep out of mouth)

Oh um...

Yeah Lightbinder is good at getting the sparks, and it's hard to kill with all of those shields. My Lightbinder doesn't even have most of it's skill tree unlocked but I still would feel confident doing anything my now crazy Berserker does at 12000 prestige. Though I think it has better gear than my Berserker (darn Str + Spirit blue high end rings). If I was still playing Lightbinder though I'd probably be doing more things in party, though when it's something I can solo I always felt I'd get things done faster outside of groups as lightbinder.

nobuyuki

Is anyone on now that can invite? I've gotten a couple from Sham Wow but I was offline at the time they didn't work. I've tried sending tells but the search list is hard to tell who's online or not.

Cracklox

Yeah was just waiting for you to come back and boom.

I'll suss it out more tomorrow. Too late and 1 too many beers to put too much effort in now. I am meant to know a little about this stuff so see what happens. Worst case, I think I have another hard drive lying around somewhere that I can re-install everything on. The machine is basically just for gaming so there's not really any data I need, other then the games I play and that'll just be a case of re-downloading those

Success!!!!

Busted open the machine, and the SATA connection on the hard drive had come loose. Have no idea how, as the machine hadn't been moved but anyway.

Onwards to Godhood!

well, capped so slowly for the next few days :(

Uthred

Hit my cap for week 2, just managed to unlock Kinetic this week (after Slayer last week). Going to concentrate on finishing Cryo, unlocking Kinetic and Slayer stuff and the more generic Symbols on the Ascension Atlas as my character feels very "lopsided" in terms of development

Cracklox

Yikes. This 3.85 gb is taking about as long to download as the whole game. Had 80 k/bs for a while

Today is the big day ? They better not have screw the challenging gameplay with the auto scaling thing group finder....

The more I think about this, the more I'm not sure about it either. The scaling down to normal will lower the gear proficiency bracket, meaning with PUGs at least, that you'll just be finding dis-assembly fodder for gear. That's not great especially when capped. Pre-made groups can circumvent it, but thats always not readily available to do. I REALLY don't wanna have to ask in region chat for LFGs either.....

Also, I've done a few low level msm runs and the like over the last few days to help people out, and despite no loots or rewards it was still pretty fun getting though msm with 2 people in 20 mins. The struggle can get pretty real playing in the proper bracket, so sometimes its fun just to be able to nuke everything, knowing that at least someone else is benefiting. If I'm not mistaken, the way the new system works will prevent that from happening too

On the flip side, queue times should be less of an issue, and from what I know players in RU that have had the feature for a while now, seem to be pretty happy with it, so I guess we'll wait and see

On the flip side, queue times should be less of an issue, and from what I know players in RU that have had the feature for a while now, seem to be pretty happy with it, so I guess we'll wait and see

That's been my big dissonance in regards to this system. On paper it looks terrible but I've not really heard complaints from the RU side of the game and by all accounts it's still doing really well over there so maybe I misunderstand how it works or it's not as bad as it seems. I'm waiting until tomorrow to try it since i'm capped. I'm hearing people say they haven't really fixed the chat system in this patch which is a bummer. Hopefully with this new method of grouping we can get some more people using Discord to set up groups and run together.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Yikes. This 3.85 gb is taking about as long to download as the whole game. Had 80 k/bs for a while

The more I think about this, the more I'm not sure about it either. The scaling down to normal will lower the gear proficiency bracket, meaning with PUGs at least, that you'll just be finding dis-assembly fodder for gear. That's not great especially when capped. Pre-made groups can circumvent it, but thats always not readily available to do. I REALLY don't wanna have to ask in region chat for LFGs either.....

Also, I've done a few low level msm runs and the like over the last few days to help people out, and despite no loots or rewards it was still pretty fun getting though msm with 2 people in 20 mins. The struggle can get pretty real playing in the proper bracket, so sometimes its fun just to be able to nuke everything, knowing that at least someone else is benefiting. If I'm not mistaken, the way the new system works will prevent that from happening too

Was fun seeing u nuke it all hehe

Cracklox

Was fun seeing u nuke it all hehe

Dat Thais Temple boss. Poor bastard
deserved it tho. Dickhead

Early impressions of scaling system: Not good.

It essentially moves you back at least 1 loot bracket if you want to PUG. Given I'm capped with about 4 dungeons available I can do that give me loot good for my proficiency, its pretty shit. I have to make a premade in one of 4 dungeons with people around my prestige if I want to find any upgrades. Combine that with the fact I just waited 15 mins in a queue before giving up, I'm not really sure how its better. So far at least...

Yay for reset when I wakeup

Primus

Logged in just to do my Farmville...errr...Adept missions, was pleasantly surprised to find two Pantheon missions available, neither of which had a horrible difficulty setting on them. That was a nice change.

Skulldead

It essentially moves you back at least 1 loot bracket if you want to PUG. Given I'm capped with about 4 dungeons available I can do that give me loot good for my proficiency, its pretty shit. I have to make a premade in one of 4 dungeons with people around my prestige if I want to find any upgrades. Combine that with the fact I just waited 15 mins in a queue before giving up, I'm not really sure how its better. So far at least...

That was my fear..... Pre-made ftw then...

edit; i check the forum, not a lot of poeple are happy about that change... i don't know if they will listen...

edit 2 : they really fuck this up... it impossible for me to finish a dungeon, no way a 3k DPS even with scaled stat is able to finish this... Worse when they are 3... And 3 v 3.... i got 2-3 shot by a guy... this is bullshit

boofahead

Banned

Most probably haven't downloaded the patch yet. School just started as well for lots of people. Hopefully by about 7:00 tonight we can see some changes or even tomorrow when everyone rushes back for the reset.

But in the meantime I'm always down to form a group for 5 or 3 mans.

Just hit me up will be on tonight.

Xilium

Did the graphics change with the patch or something? My game looks like it came out of an episode of Reboot.

The game probably auto-adjusted your "3D Image Scale" option. Just drag the slider all the way to the right to fix it.

As for the new grouping system, I like it. You certainly do get paired with some inexperienced and very low prestige people sometimes but honestly, I find it's the high prestige people (20k+) that tend to cause all the problems. A lot don't seem to actually know how to play and apparently have been relying on their high stats or something. I don't know, but they tend to be the first ones to die and then proceed to rage quit.

That aside, I'm liking all the epic (purple) loot drops. Before this patch, even when I ran 5 mans on impossible, it was incredibly rare that I got an epic, it was usually a rare (blue). Now I'm getting epics from nearly every boss and while they may not be at the maximum proficiency I can use, their secondary stats/abilities more than make up for the lack of might/stamina. Can't really comment on rings yet because I have yet to get any.

5 man queues are still pretty long but everything else is a lot faster, including 10v10. With that said, if min/maxing your equipment is what you are interested in, PvP is the place to do it as the equipment rewards from there have gotten a massive proficiency boost. Of course, you can also still solo impossible missions (I thought that was what most people did anyway) or do pre-mades.

I think for the vast majority of players, the new system is better as the queues are faster and the equipment is better for anyone that wasn't solely doing impossible runs (and haven't the RU servers been using this system for a while with no complaints?). It really only hurts people that want the absolute best equipment for their prestige (min/maxers) and they still have options available to get said equipment.

nataku

Anyone else getting a lot of graphic issues since the patch?

Also, they changed the classic glasses in the style room to sunglasses. Now we've got three sunglasses options, but no glasses. :(

Cracklox

I think for the vast majority of players, the new system is better as the queues are faster and the equipment is better for anyone that wasn't solely doing impossible runs (and haven't the RU servers been using this system for a while with no complaints?). It really only hurts people that want the absolute best equipment for their prestige (min/maxers) and they still have options available to get said equipment.

Agreed that it will (and seemingly in RU ) does work better in most situations. My post was only after 2 PUGS queues (1 of which, I still waited 15 mins for . A 3 man btw) and I noticed pretty quickly the gear was under what I was looking for. Given I was capped and the mission reward was a few hundred bullets to go into my pile of thousands, it made the run a little pointless. Outside of pre-making and entering at the higher difficulty, or soloing I'm not able to get that gear. When capped that makes making progress that much more limited. Which is probably why the initial impressions weren't good

And yeah I know i could still solo them. Two things. I much prefer the group combat and feel like that's when the system really shines. Secondly, some solo runs as a squishy archer or DPS class can get really frustrating. Some I've tried really haven't seemed possible at all.

I even tried a solo Port Naori 4 skull the other day. Burnt through it, till the 3rd boss who's auto attack would slowly wear me down. I guess I didn't quite have enough DPS to force orbs to drop quick enough, despite having no problems with the rest of the level. Said stuff it after 4 or 5 attempts.

As for PvP.... well yeah. Not really my thing. Maybe I'll suck it up one day and give it a shot. Always much preferred co-op gaming then VS stuff.

Despite all that, I'm still happy to take a wait and see approach. We get sparks back in about half an hour so my main issue with the gear, won't be a problem. For a few days at least

edit - my previously mentioned stability issues, particularly in the observatory, seem MUCH better at this stage. Was able to actually zone into and hang out there for a bit with no d/c's. Haven't been able to do that for weeks

boofahead

Banned
Agreed that it will (and seemingly in RU ) does work better in most situations. My post was only after 2 PUGS queues (1 of which, I still waited 15 mins for . A 3 man btw) and I noticed pretty quickly the gear was under what I was looking for. Given I was capped and the mission reward was a few hundred bullets to go into my pile of thousands, it made the run a little pointless. Outside of pre-making and entering at the higher difficulty, or soloing I'm not able to get that gear. When capped that makes making progress that much more limited. Which is probably why the initial impressions weren't good

And yeah I know i could still solo them. Two things. I much prefer the group combat and feel like that's when the system really shines. Secondly, some solo runs as a squishy archer or DPS class can get really frustrating. Some I've tried really haven't seemed possible at all.

I even tried a solo Port Naori 4 skull the other day. Burnt through it, till the 3rd boss who's auto attack would slowly wear me down. I guess I didn't quite have enough DPS to force orbs to drop quick enough, despite having no problems with the rest of the level. Said stuff it after 4 or 5 attempts.

As for PvP.... well yeah. Not really my thing. Maybe I'll suck it up one day and give it a shot. Always much preferred co-op gaming then VS stuff.

Despite all that, I'm still happy to take a wait and see approach. We get sparks back in about half an hour so my main issue with the gear, won't be a problem. For a few days at least

edit - my previously mentioned stability issues, particularly in the observatory, seem MUCH better at this stage. Was able to actually zone into and hang out there for a bit with no d/c's. Haven't been able to do that for weeks

I ran one 3 man so far, queue was like 2 mins. It dropped two usable pieces of gear, both slightly higher prestige than i was using but the stats sucked so I didn't use it.

I don't understand the system yet. Some people get gear for their proficiency lvl and others don't.

The graphic optimization is immediately noticeable which is nice. No longer staring at 25-30fps sitting in the observatory with a 980ti. Getting 60 now with graphics maxed.

didn't know what they were for at the time but i donated 500 of those things you need to build pantheon buildings with. Seems kinda pointless since its just same thing as missions and I don't know if we can even move any faster with the buildings.

Also is guild chat broken for everyone? This is the worst it's been, hasn't worked all day for me.

Ploid 3.0

Thought I was going to be interested in playing this week, but after calculating if I would be able to get enough nodes to cap Berserker I figured I'd just wait until next week when I'll have enough points. The only reason to log on daily now is to get the ring and tablets and I don't really worry about those things. I can do the order for the guild missions from a browser.

My Proficiency is way above what it should be in comparison to my prestiged apparently. I tried farming gear on impossible maps before today arrived but no luck on the stats I needed.

Just got slaughtered in PVP.

I'm demotivated. - Vergil

I should see if there was something on the Ascension Grid I was close to unlocking. I'm probably just tired right now and I should just sleep.

Cracklox

I ran one 3 man so far, queue was like 2 mins. It dropped two usable pieces of gear, both slightly higher prestige than i was using but the stats sucked so I didn't use it.

I don't understand the system yet. Some people get gear for their proficiency lvl and others don't.

Also is guild chat broken for everyone? This is the worst it's been, hasn't worked all day for me.

I posted something similar I while back, but this ones probably easier to use. Shows you the best dungeons to run for loot at your prestige. Just need to cross reference that you have the right proficiency, punch your prestige in and wallah!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...WUFjPiH3ltQWl3_0eB9eG6xpw/edit#gid=1884268596

And yeah, I don't think I've seen guild chat since the patch

Clearos

No Guild chat for me either so think it is safe to say that someone's adepts failed the server upkeep quest.

So far I am liking the prestige toning for lower level players. I am able to run with my friends now (~4k prestige) and still get sparks while helping them out.

PvP Ques a lot faster as well which is enjoyable. Just a week or two more before I have the Monk up and running.

boofahead

Banned
anyone seen a list of the best talents?

Gotta be some must haves and must nots.

I got that talent between slayer and archer that spawns some little robot to fight with you for a bit....it's terrible skip it.

Xilium

anyone seen a list of the best talents?

Gotta be some must haves and must nots.

I got that talent between slayer and archer that spawns some little robot to fight with you for a bit....it's terrible skip it.

Depends on your role (tank, dps, support) and build. That said, the symbols that seem to be universally liked are:

Divine Intervention (max paladin symbol)
Cold Calculation (max archer symbol)
Strength Serum (max alchemist symbol)
Impulse Intensity/Ultimate Strength/Mobilization/Maximum Recoil (Get the 2 that are relevant to your build)

For dps, most spec into luck and either strength or valor (I went strength/spirit but that's another story). Given that:

Under Cover of Darkness (max slayer symbol)
Gravitational Perturbation (max kinetic symbol)
Lacerated Wound
Lucky Shot
Mark of Death
Double Discharge (for use with Gravitational Perturbation)
Element of Surprise and Rapid Attack (apparently good for raids)

Tanks just take all the defensive symbols (Tactical Defense, Balance, Defense Reflex, ect.). Bloodiness (max berserker symbol) would also be good for them. Support just go for the same ones that dps go for since there are not support-centric symbols.

thundr51

Ok, so I think I'm about done with this game...mostly due to frustration than anything else. I'm about 16 orbs away from the class I want to unlock...unfortunately every one of those orbs requires OVER 450 sparks each. Is there anyway to respec? I spent a ton of orbs trying to do the god tree which I found out later that that's mostly for endgame/completed characters. Apparently I've been playing this game wrong so I figure I need to cut my losses before wasting any more time.

boofahead

Banned
Ok, so I think I'm about done with this game...mostly due to frustration than anything else. I'm about 16 orbs away from the class I want to unlock...unfortunately every one of those orbs requires OVER 450 sparks each. Is there anyway to respec? I spent a ton of orbs trying to do the god tree which I found out later that that's mostly for endgame/completed characters. Apparently I've been playing this game wrong so I figure I need to cut my losses before wasting any more time.

U just lost some time to get to a new class not really screwed your character. Just gotta wait another week to get to the class you want it sounds like...but once u get 30k prestige, you will be back on track as you already are close to god mode node. The nodes aren't wasted...just the time it's going to take you to get to a new class. Take a week break, then u will have plenty of sparks when you come back. You should really be wanting to lvl up one of the starting classes first anyway. Going straight to a new class can be tough. Maxing a class quickly gives you 2 more symbol slots for your new class.

Kalentan

So... I wanted to unlock Berserk after playing it's tutorial, but I guess I went past Paladin's: "Path of the Paladin."

Does that mean I can't go back? :(

Cracklox

So... I wanted to unlock Berserk after playing it's tutorial, but I guess I went past Paladin's: "Path of the Paladin."

Not at all.

Now you have the paladin path unlocked you will start earning class sparks from mobs and bosses to progress that, while missions will still reward you with colored sparks. So you can still progress the paladin tree on the way to zerk.

Zerk takes a little while to get to, so there's a good chance you will max paladin before getting there. That's something to aim for anyway as they have quite a powerful symbol that you earn when maxing

boofahead

Banned

You should be able to click ascension atlas and see the upper atlas now which will show how to get to berserker.

You actually have to unlock path of the paladin before you can see the upper atlas so you are all good.

I'm really enjoying some of the features in the new patch. The prestige scaling isn't that bad, I get into adventures a lot quicker and I still get gear upgrades (though it seems a bit less often.) Having a audio notification when your queue pops is also really nice so I can alt -tab.

Clearos

I'm really enjoying some of the features in the new patch. The prestige scaling isn't that bad, I get into adventures a lot quicker and I still get gear upgrades (though it seems a bit less often.) Having a audio notification when your queue pops is also really nice so I can alt -tab.

Agreed, I've been able to help my brother who is about 5k prestige under me while still building up my character.

Top Bottom