• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |OT| This Is Not Your Father's Spyro

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Found quite a bit of stuff. Need to find Wave 1 stuff now! If anyone happens to run across anything, PM me. :)

0d2c95ca882811e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

Got the PS3 starter, and the following:

Stump Smash
Flameslinger
Drobot
Sonic Boom
Stealth Elf
Wrecking Ball
Double Trouble
Drill Sergeant
Whirlwind
Dino-Rang
Hex
Zap
Legendary Trigger Happy

Ghost Roaster Adventure Pack
Slam Bam Adventure Pack

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Niiice. Have fun with all that.

Oh I will. :) I've played the game before, so I'm fully aware of how awesomely Gauntlet the game is.

Question for those who have played and finished most of the game - does it ever get DIFFICULT? Or is it mostly just a fun collection/upgrade based experience?

Zing

Banned
The only way it would be difficult is if you didn't mark any of them as "owned" in your save file, so you won't get the experience bonus. The first four levels of a character are the most fragile HP-wise.

Otherwise, no. The game is easy except the final battle.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is Wham-Shell the only single left? I'm going to try and track down the three packs for the stuff I don't have, but that one doesn't appear to be in a three pack (unless I'm missing something).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well, here it is. My 99.9% complete collection. I am only missing the final triple pack (Camo/Ignitor/Warnado) and any upcoming variants that are packaged in the original packaging (ie not Giants packaging).

Your collection has always amazed me in this thread. Looks good. :)

Does this mean that I can not freak out about missing some of the first run Skylanders? I really want to pick up the ones I'm missing, but some are hard to find (being from Wave 1 and 2), as well as the Pirate Seas Adventure Pack. If I'll be able to get them with the Giants packaging, I may stop fretting over my search.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Which ones are you finding difficult to locate? The stores are overflowing with all those wave 1/2/3 figures.

This is what I have left to find:

Bash
Chop Chop
Eruptor

Boomer
Prism Break
Voodood

Lightning Rod
Cynder
Zook

Camo
Ignitor
Warnado

And Pirate Seas is also completely invisible, haha.

The Cynder pack is Wave 4 and is probably just in low quantity at the moment.

The Warnado pack is Wave 5 and, well, probably just hasn't surfaced around here yet.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Boomer
Prism Break
Voodood

Lightning Rod
Cynder
Zook

Many many thanks to n8NMONSTER - he bought and is shipping me these two three packs. :) A++

Double D

Looks like the legendary 3 pack is going to be as easy to get as Legendary Trigger Happy now. I went to Toys R Us yesterday and they had a ton of them. Now all I need are Camo, Warnado, and Wham Shell. I'm hearing Walmart is the best for them?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Looks like the legendary 3 pack is going to be as easy to get as Legendary Trigger Happy now. I went to Toys R Us yesterday and they had a ton of them. Now all I need are Camo, Warnado, and Wham Shell. I'm hearing Walmart is the best for them?

Legendary pack an easy grab? Excellent - TRU trip incoming!

And I imagine every Walmart is going to be vastly different. Mine had a bunch of the Wrecking Ball and Stump Smash 3 packs, but that's about it.

GameMaster78

Neo Member

Indeed. Walmart is the best place to find Wham Shell, Camo, and Warnado, while Gamestop has seen some Camo and Warnados come in.

I was trying to post here to tell everyone that Amazon.com was taking preorders for them yesterday. 8.99 a pop. By the time I got nearly done posting the links here, they were sold out of preorders. :(

I think we need to start a campaign to get Activision to send GameMaster78 a Pearl Hex. That much dedication to the cause deserves to be rewarded.

Thanks for the sentiments. I appreciate it. It would be awesome if Activision did that. That would go a long way toward making the collection look more complete. Heck, then they could take pics, or I could take them for them, and they can use it to advertise, and try to get people to spend on this based on the pics. Sort of like building hype, ya know?

I have my eyes on -

- Pearl Hex
- Flocked Stump Smash

Wave 5 variants

- Clear Wham Shell
- Clear Stealth Elf
- Clear Cynder
- glow in the dark Warnado (rumor)
- glow in the dark Zap (rumor)
- glow in the dark ? (hasn't been seen yet; rumor)

GameMaster78

Neo Member
You are calling the glow-in-the-darks "rumors" despite them being listed on Ebay by various sellers?

Yeah. Infact, I am leaning more toward fake. I will say that on another forum, someone posted a pic of the supposed glow in the dark Warnado, along with a pic of the regular Warnado. The glow in the dark Warnado was turned almost completely around in the package.

That lead me to believe, maybe someone heated the package, to loosen it, took the figure out and painted it, before putting him back in and sealing it.

Two of the ones on Ebay, I saw, came from the same seller. I haven't seen anyone get lucky enough to find two variants at the same time.

I could be wrong, but I just need to see more confirmation, before I believe it.

I do believe the clears are real, however. I am just hesitant on the glow in the darks at this point in time. It would be cool to see them be real. I'd love to have them.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm hearing that on the 25th, the exclusivity on the Dragon's Peak Adventure Pack will lift. Hopefully that's true, then I can get it at a reasonable price online.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think we need to start a campaign to get Activision to send GameMaster78 a Pearl Hex. That much dedication to the cause deserves to be rewarded.

I looked to see who we could contact on Activision's website. If we can find a person, I'll gladly get something together/give them a call. He deserves it with a collection like that!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm going to go hunting for the last stuff I need after work today.

Bash
Chop Chop
Eruptor

Camo
Ignitor
Warnado

Pirate Seas and Dragon's Peak.

I should be able to find something, but we'll see! Some guy on CL locally is selling singles from wave 5 at 400% markup. And he recently insulted me for lying about the fact that someone sold me stuff I need for MSRP + shipping (thank you again n8NMONSTER!). -_-

Also, where does one discover these unique variants? I've never seen anything on them except through this thread. :p

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Yeah, Darkspyro has a forum showing the glow in the darks, which I now think are real. Another topic there shows the clear Stealth Elf, Cynder, and Wham Shell.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
If anyone wants to know the case breakdown for every case with new figures, or the topic creator wants to add this info to the front page to help others, here's how it goes.

SINGLE PACKS -

Wave 2 -

- Hex
- Dino Rang
- Wrecking Ball
- Boomer
- Zap
- Eruptor

Wave 3 -

- Cynder
- Double Trouble
- Whirlwind
- Drill Sergeant
- Chop Chop
- Flameslinger

Wave 4 -

- Zook
- Lightning Rod
- Ignitor
- Bash
- Stealth Elf
- Sonic Boom

Wave 5 -

Case 1 -

- Camo
- Warnado
- Zap
- Wrecking Ball
- Dino Rang
- Eruptor

Case 2 -

- Wham-Shell
- Cynder
- Stealth Elf
- Prism Break
- Stump Smash
- Whirlwind

TRIPLE PACKS -

Wave 2 -

- Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash x2
- Zap/Hex/Dino Rang x2
- Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom x2

Wave 3 -

- Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant x2
- Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash x2
- Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom x2

Wave 4 -

- Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook x2
- Zap/Hex/Dino Rang x2
- Prism Break/Boomer/Voodood

Wave 5 -

- Camo/Ignitor/Warnado x2
- ?
- ?

Double D

Legendary 3 pack (along with a whole bunch of other figures) are currently in stock at ToysRUs.com.

Edit: Nicoga - you can get a lot of those right now at gamestop.com

edit: Lightning Rod/Zook/Cynder 3 pack in stock currently at amazon.com

BatDan

Sooo I encountered the Lightning Rod Heroic Challenge glitch (where the mask doesn't show up). I'm hearing that I need to start a new game to fix this. Is that true?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got singles of Eruptor/Bash/Chop-Chop today, and also got the Prism Break/Boomer/Voodood and Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook 3-packs that n8NMONSTER sent me (came REAL fast!!).

Next up is:

Camo
Ignitor
Warnado

Pirate Seas and Dragon's Peak.

Then I'm done! The Legendary Pack from TRU is something I'll hunt for in my spare time, but since I'm not going for completion like our friend GameMaster78 here, I'll make due with the 1 of each. :)

TheGrue

Managed to find Zook and Lightning Rod in a 3-pack (with Cynder, but already had her). Now, I just need Wham Shell, Camo, Warnado, and the Dragon's Peak adventure pack to complete my collection. Wave 4 and 5 have been so, so frustrating to collect and since we started seeing all the earlier waves actually show up in stores, I would have thought they would have made more of the new ones. Ah, well...keeps me occupied, I guess.

BatDan

Sooo I encountered the Lightning Rod Heroic Challenge glitch (where the mask doesn't show up). I'm hearing that I need to start a new game to fix this. Is that true?

Never mind I figured it out. Start a new game, unlock the heroic challenges, transfer ownership of Lightning Rod to that file, after completing it then switch out until each one has beaten it. It's an easy one so it shouldn't take TOO long.

BooJoh

So I just put my clear blue Bash on my portal for the first time, and he's level 5 with 2100 gold. At first I thought it had loaded the stats from my other Bash somehow from my save file (this is the first "duplicate" character I've tried) but those didn't match. When I go to the menu and click Ownership, it says I'm already the owner.

I bought him brand new at TRU, the package was untampered. It seems like if someone else used him I wouldn't have ownership, unless they used him on 3DS, but then he wouldn't have any gold. Do special variants come preloaded with levels and gold or something?

fernoca

So I just put my clear blue Bash on my portal for the first time, and he's level 5 with 2100 gold. At first I thought it had loaded the stats from my other Bash somehow from my save file (this is the first "duplicate" character I've tried) but those didn't match. When I go to the menu and click Ownership, it says I'm already the owner.

I bought him brand new at TRU, the package was untampered. It seems like if someone else used him I wouldn't have ownership, unless they used him on 3DS, but then he wouldn't have any gold. Do special variants come preloaded with levels and gold or something?

Checking around online, it seems it's "normal" and it starts at Level 5 with 2,100 gold. Part of the "chosen by fans" line as a "thanks" for their support/feedback.

Also, because you can use the figures without removing it from the package; technically anyone can buy a figure, play the game and get bored or found it the figure was lame and return it. So, with that in mind you can technically buy a "brand new figurine" that has been used. :p

But in this case, yours is new as all Blue Bash are Level 5 with gold too.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Just thought I'd let everyone know I updated post #1585, to show updated pics of my extra cards and both open sets of Skylanders sitting on top of their spots in the Stanley Sortmaster Jr. cases.

I just need to update one more pic there, and that will happen when I find the final triple pack, which seems to have started filtering in to stores, as some have it on Ebay (yuck).

Again, it's post #1585, for anyone who has enjoyed looking at my Skylanders collection.

That gives me an idea. Why doesn't everyone here post pics of their collections? I would love to see everyone elses. We all owe it to ourselves to show off our collections, small or big, because we gave this game a chance when others would not. :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone know when TRU stocks it's shelves/gets new trucks in? I want to go see if I can find a Pirate Seas or Dragon's Peak tonight...

Zing

Banned
My local store stocks overnight. I have never seen them get new stuff in mid-day. It's always just there fresh in the morning.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Okay, post #1585 has a 100% complete collection on display. I found the final triple pack. Infact, I found lots of them.

The store you want to be hitting up, maybe as I type this, is Best Buy. It seems they are the store getting in the Camo/Ignitor/Warnado triple pack.

This also helps me compile some information for the topic creator (forgot your name, sorry TC) to update the first post with.

I already posted how wave 4 breaks down, but here is how wave 5 breaks down

Singles -

Assortment 1 -

- Camo
- Warnado
- Zap
- Wrecking Ball
- Dino Rang
- Eruptor

Assortment 2 -

- Wham Shell
- Stealth Elf
- Cynder
- Whirlwind
- Prism Break
- Stump Smash

Triple -

- x2 Camo/Ignitor/Warnado
- x2 Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook
- x2 Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash

So, yeah. My collection is 100% complete. It's post #1585 if anyone wants to take a look. Call your local Best Buys, if you need those characters. Chances are, you will find it.

RobbieNick

Has anyone posted the trade-in values for the Skylanders toys yet? Because a nice cashier at GameStop printed me out the whole list. The legendary figures are currently worth $10 store credit each and even the one-time-use playsets are worth some credit.

Top Bottom