• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

GeoramA

Re-downloading Just Cause 2 for the outfit. Thank god for PS+

Lost my old save when I got the YLoD, hope it's worth it.

Try obvious things first. Power supply might have gone bad? Does anything happen when you hit the power switch? Is it connected to a power strip that might have tripped?

Yeah, a very brief powering on noise (like a second or more) no fan or obvious starting of the power supply though. Other things use the same power strip so it's not the reset being tripped and all the plugs are in the right areas. I hope it's just the power supply as fixing that is pretty cheap.

Man this game has me thinking. Now that Jackie Chan is getting up there in age. He really needs to be approached to be in a new game. Fucking Police Story the game! Sounds awesome, but would probably suck if a good studio didn't handle it.

I mean this is all we ever got...
Jackie_Chan_Stuntmaster_Ntsc.jpg

ironcreed

Banned
I hated to do it, but I went ahead and canceled my pre-order. It's still a definite buy for me down the road, but I have to exercise some restraint. As there are a bunch of games coming down the pipe that I want this year and I have stuff already that I want to spend more time with. Not to even mention I am getting Darksiders II. I know the game is going to be a blast, but I can't keep piling games up, especially with so many on the way.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That DLC list makes me sad. Cya in a year for the bundle, oh lovely game :-(

You let me know about all the Square and Eidos game of the year versions that get put out.
Oh and someone can show me that Saint's Row 3 GOTY everyone was talking up. Still waiting for that version too.

Derrick01

Banned
That DLC list makes me sad. Cya in a year for the bundle, oh lovely game :-(

I will never understand why people do this to themselves. Pass on a game they clearly want for as much as a year or more just because it has some DLC on the way, and in this game's case it doesn't even appear to be anything really important. It's like self inflicted torture for the sake of feeling pain.

DanielJr82

I will never understand why people do this to themselves. Pass on a game they clearly want for as much as a year or more just because it has some DLC on the way, and in this game's case it doesn't even appear to be anything really important. It's like self inflicted torture for the sake of feeling pain.
I'd argue it's more entitlement than masochism.

Just arriving in the OT ..it's great by the way ..I hope i'll be able to enojy this as much as i expect to .
I'm concerned by the amount of dlc ... i don't realy want a game in kit ..

amazon is offering the Martial Arts DLC pack and $5.00 in video game credit with the pre order of Sleeping Dogs

i might hold out for 1-2 weeks... Amazon might discount the game if the sales isn't what they expected

LobLob

Banned
Welp, i just pre-ordered the game. Here is to hoping it is money well spent and that Mouse and Keyboard control will be decent because i really hate to use gamepads/Joysticks unless it is a flight sim and or Sports games.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
If you buy the GMG version do you get the TF2 items since it's a SteamWorks game or is it buy on STEAM only for the TF2 items?

It is likely that the GMG keys will not be handed out until release date. The only way to get those TF2 items is by buying it through Steam. It's up to the individual as to whether they believe the extra $10 or so is worth items in another game with a sticker of Genuine quality on them.

DanielJr82

Where's the DLC list?
In the OP?

Game is going to get a ton of DLC:

Sleeping Dogs - HiRes DLC Retail (This is free, as far as I can tell)
Sleeping Dogs - Japanese Presell Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Prima Guide
Sleeping Dogs - Retro Triad Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Top Dog Silver Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Top Dog Gold Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Red Envelope Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The High Roller Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Swat Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Tactical Soldier
Sleeping Dogs - Street Racer Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Movie Masters #1
Sleeping Dogs - Police Protection Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Martial Arts Pack
Sleeping Dogs - GSP Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Deep Undercover Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Triad Enforcer Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Dragon Master Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Drunken Master
Sleeping Dogs - Nightmare in North Point
Sleeping Dogs - Square Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament
Sleeping Dogs - Transportation Terror Pack

Pezking

That's not good. I guess I'm switching my PO to the 360 version. Safer bet anyway.

According to the german Gamepro review, the 360 version has slightly sharper graphics, but the overall performance on PS3 is a little superior. So even without the Day-1-Patch, the PS3 version seems to be just fine.

I'm keeping my pre-order for the PS3.

SJRB

Gold Member
I've always been looking forward to this game, but the last week my hype levels have skyrocketed. Can't wait for next week.

By the way: Steam unlocks the game at 8pm, what the hell is up with that? Why would you do that? I can but a physical copy on Thursday, but for Steam I have to wait until 8 pm on Friday?

Top Bottom