• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

MRORANGE

is this game supposed to be ultra violent?

yes, check out some HK films in the triad/cop genre.

iWpkspOBezPer.gif

Riggs

Banned
lol one of comments "Be honest is the game going to suck?"

Response from dev "No :) "

I love it.

Any word if 360 pad is supported? If this has been confirmed already I apologize.

Hawk269

voucher for greenman gaming

PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR

That'll knock it down to $40.

Thanks man. I have not used GMG in a while and when I logged in I did not realize that they gave me a $15.00 credit for something??? Anyways, with that credit and the discount promo code it came out to $25.00 for me!!!!

Thanks again!

Dammit. Didn't realize I missed the GMG promo code. Now I think I'm going to have to wait for winter sale. At least it will be a nice gem for later.

Thanks man. I have not used GMG in a while and when I logged in I did not realize that they gave me a $15.00 credit for something??? Anyways, with that credit and the discount promo code it came out to $25.00 for me!!!!

Thanks again!

Probably from referrals! :)

LobLob

Banned
I wonder when the hell they are going to let us pre-load this game.

EDIT: i really want to test my new cable internet and be amazed at the speeds i get, fuck AT&T.

raebodep

Ugh, I hate the Saints Row type car and bike handling...

Would be awesome if you could choose between this turn-on-a-dime handling and a more realistic one like Mafia 2 or GTA IV (probably my favorite driving physics in an open world game).

Yeah, I don't understand why no one complains about the saints row driving but everyone complains about gta4 driving. Driving is one of the few things gta4 actually got right over saint row 3.

Nome

Ugh, I hate the Saints Row type car and bike handling...

Would be awesome if you could choose between this turn-on-a-dime handling and a more realistic one like Mafia 2 or GTA IV (probably my favorite driving physics in an open world game).
Weren't they saying they had NFS dudes working on the game? Kind of silly if they got the car handling wrong = /

ekim

With Dead Island and a few other games - I log in to a US VPN and open steam, the game will be unlocked and I can play. I log in without a VPN, the game is still locked even if I already played it / redeemed my CD key for it.

Not for me. I got a Dead Island key and had to activate it via VPN - but playing was always possible without VPN after activation.

JackEtc

PC players, will this run on my Retina MacBook Pro? It's got an Nvidia GTX 650m (I'd be running it probably at 1680x1050). Really would like to support the devs for making a good PC version, but my laptop is all I will have with me at school.

wow the developer just mentioned the Bully's lead designer worked on Sleeping dogs, plus a bunch of other team members from other studios.

DrBo42

PC players, will this run on my Retina MacBook Pro? It's got an Nvidia GTX 650m (I'd be running it probably at 1680x1050). Really would like to support the devs for making a good PC version, but my laptop is all I will have with me at school.

Can't see why not. I'm running all current games on my i7 with a GT 650M.

lol? You are allowed to do a stream, but not comment on what you are playing in the stream? Anyone able to explain that logic to me?

Yep to quote the email I got.

"We have no objection to live streams as long as you're not;

- playing the cutscenes (after the open they must be skipped to avoid spoilers)
- 'reviewing' the game - giving it a score or assessing a final verdict (positive or negative)"

M.W.

Is that the PC or 360 version being streamed? Appears to run fine.

edit: It's 360.

From what I've read, the console versions are pretty identical. I did hear the PS3 version performs better, but the 360 has sharper visuals. Not sure if there's more or not. Hopefully we'll hear more this weekend.

RS4-

From what I've read, the console versions are pretty identical. I did hear the PS3 version performs better, but the 360 has sharper visuals. Not sure if there's more or not. Hopefully we'll hear more this weekend.

Just had a go around with both console versions and yeah, they're pretty similar. Both have shitty frame rate when you're in a car/on a bike and reversing or looking anywhere but forward.

Or maybe its like really bad screen tearing.

edit - It doesn't happen all the time, but I've noticed it more than a few times.

This looks like it's going to be the game I wished SR3 would have been.

Just had a go around with both console versions and yeah, they're pretty similar. Both have shitty frame rate when you're in a car/on a bike and reversing or looking anywhere but forward.

How shitty? Sub-25? If so, this game is a no-buy for me.

RS4-

How shitty? Sub-25? If so, this game is a no-buy for me.

Sorry had to edit my post, forgot to mention that it doesn't happen all the time, but enough that I noticed it.

I'll have some more time with it tomorrow and post again with it happens in particular situations or what. I don't have any capture hardware to check out the fps but it was bad enough.

M.W.

edit - It doesn't happen all the time, but I've noticed it more than a few times.

Is there any difference you notice between the two versions?

Top Bottom