• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

iNvid02

What is the GAF policy on streams?

There are some solid streams going at the moment, and the streamers have permission to stream as long as they don't do any story missions or show cutscenes, but I'm not sure if there is a GAF policy regarding livestreams.

they are ok

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't know if someone posted this but Alex Navarro who said he 'cant say anything about Sleeping Dogs until Tuesday' also said this
On a more positive note, I am currently reviewing three games which range from pretty good to awesome. Wish one of these had come in July.

RS4-

Lol, 7.5 hours played, 16 shots fired, 33% story completed.

When you level up your face, it makes finding things easier. Like the health shrines show up on your map, along with the melee upgrade statues.

When you level up your face, it makes finding things easier. Like the health shrines show up on your map, along with the melee upgrade statues.

Nice, 7.5 hours and only a third of the way through the story. Have you done a lot of side activities, or has that mostly been story?

Every time I hear "level up your face", it makes it sound like the MC goes from "ugly" to "slightly better looking"

RS4-

Nice, 7.5 hours and only a third of the way through the story. Have you done a lot of side activities, or has that mostly been story?

Every time I hear "level up your face", it makes it sound like the MC goes from "ugly" to "slightly better looking"

Side stuff and driving around to find the money chests and camera hacks.

Just had a go around with both console versions and yeah, they're pretty similar. Both have shitty frame rate when you're in a car/on a bike and reversing or looking anywhere but forward.

Or maybe its like really bad screen tearing.

edit - It doesn't happen all the time, but I've noticed it more than a few times.

Which version has the most screen tearing? I can't stand tearing, ugh.

Please let me know.

Please let me know.

I watched streams of the 360 and the PS3 version and they both tore quite a bit, but it could also have been the capture software.

Is the melee good enough to make up for the lack of gunplay?

My man! Feel free to shoot me a pm and we can trade notes.
Sure I'll try and send you a rough draft tonight, it's funny how many HK films are on YouTube in full versions, I never expected to see Nobody's Hero on there, such an absurd gem, a mix of Taxi Driver and The Killer, and also answers the question of what an industrial power drill does to the human face!

No and i am pissed. It is 15GB and they have not let us pre-load it yet and we are only 3 days away from release. At least i have a better connection now so the download wont take too long.
At least your computer is working!

SJRB

Gold Member
No and i am pissed. It is 15GB and they have not let us pre-load it yet and we are only 3 days away from release. At least i have a better connection now so the download wont take too long.

3 days, what? We PAL peasants have to wait 6.

There is no honor in that, Square Enix. You have brought shame upon your families. You know what must be done.

ekim

3 days, what? We PAL peasants have to wait 6.

There is no honor in that, Square Enix. You have brought shame upon your families. You know what must be done.

My retailer will dispatch my Austrian pegi copy on monday :)

Don't know if someone posted this but Alex Navarro who said he 'cant say anything about Sleeping Dogs until Tuesday' also said this

I'm guessing Last Story is the one that's OK, Sleeping Dogs is the one that's good and Darksiders is the one that's awesome. Although SD and DS could be the other way around.

Salsa

I'm guessing Last Story is the one that's OK, Sleeping Dogs is the one that's good and Darksiders is the one that's awesome. Although SD and DS could be the other way around.

He said he's reviewing Sleeping Dogs and then said "on a more positive note" ? I dont know the context but it could sound as he thinks Sleeping Dogs is bad

Im also surprised Jeff isnt reviewing Darksiders II

eshwaaz

In the Giant Bomb post for the Sleeping Dogs launch trailer, Alex commented, "A Tuesday embargo prevents me from telling you whether or not Sleeping Dogs is pretty good yet, so you'll have to wait until then to find out that it's pretty good. Maybe."

Sounds like a three star review is possible.

RS4-

Shooting is far better than what GTA had to offer. I don't mind the driving either.

One thing of note is that there isn't many consequences for driving recklessly when you're not in a mission. You can run over people, objects, etc as long as there aren't cops around (there aren't many).

But during a mission, you get penalized for it in terms of police XP.

No pre-load kinda sucks.
He said he's reviewing Sleeping Dogs and then said "on a more positive note" ? I dont know the context but it could sound as he thinks Sleeping Dogs is bad

Just checked and the tweet before it is about bioshock infinite having troubles with multiplayer not him reviewing Sleeping Dogs. So it sounds like he thinks Sleeping Dogs is at least pretty good.

Derrick01

Banned
No pre-load kinda sucks.

Yeah it's looking like I'll be playing Darksiders 2 first since that's already preloaded. I don't even have my key from GMG yet but since there's apparently no preload then that doesn't matter too much. It also sucks because I'm pretty sure this game is going to be in the 15gb range whereas DS2 was not even 6, so I'm going to be spending more time downloading this game on launch day and it's the one I want to play more.

Please let me know.

I've seen a good deal of tearing in the 360 vids from preview builds but I have no idea if these were ironed out.
CVG did a playthrough of the ps3 code and I didn't see any tearing what so ever, although most of the vid took place in doors.
It could be one of those common scenarios we see with many games where the ps3 game has vsync enabled but the 360 one has an unlocked framerate.

I read a post in this thread talking about Saint's Row driving and how bad it was. Does that mean the Saint's Row style of driving is in Sleeping Dogs? What's so bad about it?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So from reading the last page I gather that it's not very gun heavy?

Main focus is on the melee combat, but you can use guns at any time if you want. Personally I'm going to focus on slapping people with a fish as much as possible.

jyoung188

- You can date girls, including one who is voiced by Emma Stone!

ib2ehgqTdtFwR1.png

Day one ;P

If the game is on par with Saints Row 2, I'll be happy (hated SR3). Just want to have a city with cool missions and side missions and the ability to just go nuts. Sounds like maybe we won't be able to go quite as nuts as in SR2 with rocket launchers, shit cannons etc. though.

Teknoman

I really like open world games that focus on melee. This and Yakuza will probably be my tops for this gen, as far as open world/free roam games go.

Teknoman

This looks so much better than Saints Row 3 actually (not to say I didnt have fun with the game). Hopefully PC performance is really good since they are putting so much into it.

Top Bottom