• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

hittman

Banned
also for the visual guys in here
does PC version offer:

AA? (not off or on amateur crap, but actual 2x, 4x, 8x etc?) or MSAA?
Adjustable shader settings?
Ambient occlusion?

edit: so basically, dx11

Nabs

How demanding will this be on PC? I have a PS360 and a decent rig with a quadcore processor, 4 gb and a Gforce GTX 560Ti which i can connect to my 55" and play comfortably from my couch with my Dual Shock 3, so?

You will probably want to grab the PC version. You can always wait until midnight to see what others say.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
also for the visual guys in here
does PC version offer:

AA? (not off or on amateur crap, but actual 2x, 4x, 8x etc?) or MSAA?
Adjustable shader settings?
Ambient occlusion?

edit: so basically, dx11
Copy/pasted from the press release:

Advanced PC Graphic Features
• Increased Small Object Detail
• High Resolution Texture Support
• High Resolution Shadows
• High Quality Shadow Filters
• Soft Particles
• High Quality SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)
• High Quality Motion Blur
• Super Sample Anti-Aliasing

DirectX11 Specific Features
• Contact hardening shadows
• HD-AO
• Use of Direct Compute

RS4-

Details?

Sorry, this is kind of a bullet point for me.

When you meet her:
It's basically the intro the to area where you upgrade your melee skills (when you find these jade statues around the city, 12 in all.

After that
I've only seen her once, haven't heard a peep and I think I'm 70% finished

Squire

Banned
When you meet her:
It's basically the intro the to area where you upgrade your melee skills (when you find these jade statues around the city, 12 in all.

After that

Somewhat dissapointed, but thanks!

*Cancels pre-order*

When you meet her:

After that

My 2 cents
It was the least favorite of my dates. She was quite a tourist, though it gave you ample opportunities to practice the photo taking. Each date pretty much lets you practice a specific kind of gameplay feature (foot chases, hacking, driving).
[/QUOTE]

Got the email around lunch time yesterday, about 16 hours later had the Steam key.

Don't forget to download Just Cause 2 for your costume etc.
Do you need to redownload and have Just Cause 2 installed or can you just have playtime/savegame in Steam?

I got an EU key, but I'm in Australia so I'm not to sure if we'd get the American one anyway?
We count as EU/PAL going by a discussion I had with customer support way back when Arkham City came out.

surprised they're having so much trouble with Sleeping Dog Keys, Darksider 2 keys went out on Friday/Saturday, wonder if it could be publisher error too?
Bingo. GMG Just let the publisher know what regions they are selling in and how many keys they want. Since everyone here has pre-ordered the game they would have told Square how many keys for EU/US they need. Seems like Square accidently sent them all EU keys rather than half and half (or whatever ration is needed).

Also the reason for the delay in getting keys to customers, until GMG recieve them they can't distribute them obviously.

Technically this game is released in 3 to 6 hours, depending on the timezone. Hopefully it comes by then.
Really? Damn, we have to wait another 2 3/4 days here! Means I might take Friday off and having a long weekend when it unlocks at least.

Squire

Banned
My 2 cents
It was the least favorite of my dates. She was quite a tourist, though it gave you ample opportunities to practice the photo taking. Each date pretty much lets you practice a specific kind of gameplay feature (foot chases, hacking, driving).
[/QUOTE]

Okay, that's actually
a cool way to handle tutorials!
Kinda wish I hadn't of spoiled it, even. Thanks a lot, though!

spk

Wait, so what happens when they send me a NA key after I've already activated the EU key? There was nothing to inform me that it was a EU key...I don't want to have problems with DLC or censored content or anything

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm curious is anyone playing on PC going to try keyboard/mouse like me?

I will likely be trying the M&K controls out first since I liked that control setup with the GTA and Saints Row games on PC, but if it becomes too cumbersome to use due to the melee centric battle system then I'll whip out the 360 pad.

Wait, so what happens when they send me a NA key after I've already activated the EU key? There was nothing to inform me that it was a EU key...I don't want to have problems with DLC or censored content or anything

From what it sounds like they'll remove the EU version from your Steam account and they'll send you a NA key.

mik83kuu

Banned
If I buy this from Steam's EU store with EU monie prices and just activate it through a VPN connection to play it, is that against the Steam user agreement? Or is it even possible?

lexi

Banned
If I buy this from Steam's EU store with EU monie prices and just activate it through a VPN connection to play it, is that against the Steam user agreement? Or is it even possible?

I'm going to see if I can play the game via an NA VPN after I get home from work.

How does a GTX480 compare to the recommended 560? SRL says I don't meet recommended settings.
Should do fine, I don't expect any issues with my 460 at 1080p. Most of the impressions on PC in this thread make it sound very optimised.

EU/US codes don't have any different content, pretty sure it is only Germany/Japan that have censored content.

It is possible, the steam user agreement isn't exactly clear on it though. Nobody who has been doing it has received a ban yet, I'm gonna try and vpn unlock this and darksiders 2 in an hour so I'll see how it goes.

That's something Valve would have to do, not GMG. Sounds like I'm stuck with the EU version

Well the message from GMG says they'll deactivate the copies so I'm assuming it's something Valve will do for them.

I believe it was mentioned a few pages back that this has happened before with Dead Island and they removed the wrong version from people's accounts.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I hate how segmented online stuff is because of bully tactics from B&Ms, publishers, recording companies, movie studios, etc.

Yeah, it's the price people pay to live in the burgeoning years of online/international commerce. Some publishers like CDprojekt are nicer though.

How does a GTX480 compare to the recommended 560? SRL says I don't meet recommended settings.

One reviewer was using a 6850 and said it ran fine on high (there were a few resource intensive options they had turned off) so you should be okay. They posted earlier in the thread if you need the specifics.

Karak

Yeah, it's the price people pay to live in the burgeoning years of online/international commerce. Some publishers like CDprojekt are nicer though.

One reviewer was using a 6850 and said it ran fine on high (there were a few resource intensive options they had turned off) so you should be okay. They posted earlier in the thread if you need the specifics.

That is Carazzzzzy! There is nothing in the game coming close to requiring that kind of GPU power damn.

That is Carazzzzzy! There is nothing in the game coming close to requiring that kind of GPU power damn.

The 6850 is weaker than the 5850. I don't really consider it to be a powerhouse GPU.

That would be me! Just for the record, the only options I had turned down were AA (I went with "Normal" which I think is just FXAA) and SSAO. The extreme SSAO option not only made my computer chug, it didn't quite... look right. It added weird lines across the screen and some janky shadowing, so I turned it down.

Teknoman

hope the 4870HD 2gb can work well with it. I know ts oen world, but im hoping if i can run max pane 3 at mostly 50 to 60 with most of the settings cranked to max, i should see similar performance here.

Karak

The 6850 is weaker than the 5850. I don't really consider it to be a powerhouse GPU.

Sure agreed. Still...after playing it I just don't see how a 6850 would ever have issues. But maybe the texture pack and its overhead is a fucking killer. Or its a bit more unoptimized than it appears.
Actually now that I think about it they do have some uber effects. But from what I have been seeing some of those effects cause weirdness.

Either way, still excited to play it even after already beating it 1 time:)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That would be me! Just for the record, the only options I had turned down were AA (I went with "Normal" which I think is just FXAA) and SSAO. The extreme SSAO option not only made my computer chug, it didn't quite... look right. It added weird lines across the screen and some janky shadowing, so I turned it down.

Are you running high res textures?

Top Bottom