• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Smash88

Banned
Green Man Gaming said:
Sleeping Dogs NA customers and incorrect keys.

It has come to our attention that some customers in North America appear to have received EU steam keys for Sleeping Dogs. We apologise for this and we are in the process of distributing the correct keys to customers. We whole heartedly apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, please bare with us while we get the correct keys for your game to you!

Thank you for your understanding, and please be aware that any keys distributed in error will be deactivated at the first available opportunity.

Thanks again for your understanding.

https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/entries/21851953-sleeping-dogs-na-customers-and-incorrect-keys

Feel bad for those people. That means they'll lose their games on Steam.

_woLf

"Sleeping Dogs NA customers and incorrect keys.
tengushee2 Aug 13
It has come to our attention that some customers in North America appear to have received EU steam keys for Sleeping Dogs. We apologise for this and we are in the process of distributing the correct keys to customers. We whole heartedly apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, please bare with us while we get the correct keys for your game to you!

Thank you for your understanding, and please be aware that any keys distributed in error will be deactivated at the first available opportunity.

Thanks again for your understanding."

Feel bad for those people. That means they'll lose their games on Steam.

And they'll instantly be able to get their game back.

This happened with Dead Island, it's not a big deal.

Flunkie

Banned
Just got Sleeping Dogs from Green Man Gaming for $36, with the voucher:

PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR

I know it's been posted before, but, yesterday Sleeping Dogs was $40 in the US. I'm glad I waited another day to see if it would go on sale again.

By the way, when I redeemed my key on Steam, it said, "Sleeping Dogs Digital (ROW)".

What does the ROW mean?
Rest of world? And it wasn't that price for me yesterday.

Wish I had a PC strong enough to play this, but fuck it:
2D755D81-A58E-4B51-9AF5-DE4C17527EA4-26341-0000015BF1A8B140.jpg

PS3 version looks and plays damn good.

Also for GAF touting Green Man Gaming so much, I am extremely disappointed.

Good price or not, it's not worth the hassle and unreliability.

I wasn't aware the game was ready to play yet? Don't we have a few more days until it unlocks? For the $27 I paid after coupon code and trading in the free games they have been giving out I am more than happy to wait a few more hours for the pre-load for a game that isn't even available to play for another 2 days!

Quick

Banned
I've heard little to nothing about this game, and all of a sudden, I look at the OP and Emma Stone is just looking at me.

Day One.

Gameplay looks cool too, I suppose.

lexi

Banned
How do you actually tell which version you have? Bought through GMG, got key a few hours ago, preloading now. Don't really mind either way, I can wait till Friday if necessary.

trinest

How do you actually tell which version you have? Bought through GMG, got key a few hours ago, preloading now. Don't really mind either way, I can wait till Friday if necessary.

GMG sent out EU keys. Though it would of said what region it was when you redeamed the key.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I activated my EU key. I don't mind, as long as it isn't censored. It shouldn't be, unless by EU they mean German. That would be super dumb.

Plumpman

I still haven't received these updated emails people were getting last night, let alone one about the keys. They won't even give me the wrong key :(

I'm in the same boat, no updated emails or any news regarding a NA key. I'm not in a huge rush, as long as we at least end up getting keys BEFORE the launch so we can start preloading, however brief that preload period may be :p

I think that's the trade off for going with GMG. You get it cheaper but you might have to wait a bit longer.

I'm okay with that as long as they don't hand out wrong region keys that cause problems. Or at the very least they correct the issue, which it appears they're doing

for those of you living in North America that received an EU key it should still unlock at midnight, GMG stated that they will resend North American keys

same situation occurred with Dead Island, now if you already redeemed your EU key don't worry.. they aren't able to deactivate it (same thing happened with Dead Island)

now... who would like to sell me the NA version when they get it? =P

Labadal

Have both this and darksiders II pre-loaded. Now I just have to wait for them to unlock. I wish we didn't have to deal with this crap when we buy digitally, but it's not the end of the world.

I still haven't received these updated emails people were getting last night, let alone one about the keys. They won't even give me the wrong key :(

I'm in the same boat, no updated emails or any news regarding a NA key. I'm not in a huge rush, as long as we at least end up getting keys BEFORE the launch so we can start preloading, however brief that preload period may be :p

Same here. Haven't received anything. Kind of a bummer as I was pretty excited to play this tonight.

Have both this and darksiders II pre-loaded. Now I just have to wait for them to unlock. I wish we didn't have to deal with this crap when we buy digitally, but it's not the end of the world.

well just sit and laugh at console gamers that have to wait for UPS or drive all the way to a store and drive all the way back and go through updates and installs and what not.

when you are done laughing, it would be midnight!

:p

I'm still waiting for my code T_____T

pikablu

Going to get this at Walmart tonight at 12am. I shoulda preordered earlier but I was afriad I wouldn't have it as soon as possible If I had.

Labadal

well just sit and laugh at console gamers that have to wait for UPS or drive all the way to a store and drive all the way back and go through updates and installs and what not.

when you are done laughing, it would be midnight!

:p

I'm still waiting for my code T_____T

I'm in Europe, August 17 and August 20 are the release dates. It's okay, still have lots of games to play.

surprised they're having so much trouble with Sleeping Dog Keys, Darksider 2 keys went out on Friday/Saturday, wonder if it could be publisher error too?

Got my key from GMG a while ago and pre-loading on Steam now! I guess I'm not one of the unlucky ones who got an EU key? They say they're sending out the correct keys right now anyway so I don't really see what the big problem is...

Apparently, and for my understanding, usually response time is anywhere from 3-6 days......

OH JOY!

The last support ticket I sent in was resolved to my satisfaction within 8 hours.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Got my key.

Yay.

Feel bad for the US guys, hopefully the situation will be resolved soon. The EU for once isn't the one getting screwed over.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A quick search shows only the Japanese and German versions of Sleeping Dogs are cancelled. Everywhere else (US, EU, AU, etc) is uncensored. I suppose the main difference with the EU/US keys would be available languages maybe? Otherwise they should be the same game.

Pennywise

A quick search shows only the Japanese and German versions of Sleeping Dogs are cancelled. Everywhere else (US, EU, AU, etc) is uncensored. I suppose the main difference with the EU/US keys would be available languages maybe? Otherwise they should be the same game.

The German version was delayed for "some weeks" to adjust the cuts,still the Pegi version is also available on time.

I didn't even get one key from GMG, EU or otherwise.

Between this, not being able to buy anything from them for two months, and having my ticket sit unattended to for 6 days, I'm pretty unhappy with their service lately.

moowear

This is the first game that I'm considering buying via a download service; Which service are you guys mostly going with? I'm in the US and am considering steam, any drawbacks?

Nabs

This is the first game that I'm considering buying via a download service; Which service are you guys mostly going with? I'm in the US and am considering steam, any drawbacks?

GMG (Greenmangaming.com) has a 20% off coupon somewhere in this thread.

Here we go:

Just got Sleeping Dogs from Green Man Gaming for $36, with the voucher:

PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR

I know it's been posted before, but, yesterday Sleeping Dogs was $40 in the US. I'm glad I waited another day to see if it would go on sale again.

By the way, when I redeemed my key on Steam, it said, "Sleeping Dogs Digital (ROW)".

What does the ROW mean?

(btw row is rest of the world)

iNvid02

you need steam to play anyway because it is a steam works title. so you can buy from steam itself or find another dd service who will sell you the key which can be activated in steam.

I would just go for the best price which is probably greenmangaming

Top Bottom