• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Nabs

Nabs, iNvid02

thanks guys! Would purchasing now still yield a EU key or have GMG resolved the issue going forward?

I don't think you should worry too much about it. Just get the EU key if they send it, and download/play your game until they correct it.

anddo0

GMG better not screw me over.

I have to say, their CS is sub-par. I've been waiting almost five days now on a cancel request on Dark Souls. At this rate the game will be released.

philosoraptor-zoomed-out.jpg

Why didn't they launch the game simultaneously on steam for both EU/NA region?

I don't understand it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
lol That's what I did. Downloading TF2 so I get the items. Not much of a player in TF2, but I might try those out.

Yeah I'm kinda kicking my own arse now because usually I grab those games through Steam anyway. But since I started playing TF2 again (I initially quit when I hit 1300hrs), I miss out on them straight up.

Ah well.

Ridley327

Seems like I was one of the lucky NA players that got the correct code. All I have to put up with now is Steam being spotty right now when it comes to downloading.

Played a couple of hours of this tonight. Game is easily the real deal. I'm very pleased with what I've played so far. Combat is smooth without feeling like you're hitting the easy button all the time. Motorcycle handling needs work but I really like car driving in this. I've had a few good chases already.

First game I've been really excited about in a while.

hwy_61

Banned
Played a couple of hours of this tonight. Game is easily the real deal. I'm very pleased with what I've played so far. Combat is smooth without feeling like you're hitting the easy button all the time. Motorcycle handling needs work but I really like car driving in this. I've had a few good chases already.

First game I've been really excited about in a while.

That's good to know. How does this game stack up to GTA, in the sense of scope? One thing I love about GTA is how huge the landscape is!

lexi

Banned
B&M retailers pressure the publishers over digital releases on steam to retain later date release parity in the EU. Capitalism is awesome, yes?

I hate how segmented online stuff is because of bully tactics from B&Ms, publishers, recording companies, movie studios, etc.

hittman

Banned
the 5.5gb download is something i should have checked before purchasing

*sigh* more xbox and ps3 textures.

they going to release a hd texture pack for the master race?

comrade

I haven't received an e-mail from GMG yet with my key. I'd take an invalid one at this point just to know they're sending one.

Supposed to be a day 1 hd texture pack for PC.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

There is a ~4GB day one HD texture pack for PC.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I can "view my keys" and it says I have a key for it...but nothing...

Wanted to preload tonight so that i could play tomorrow...not download tomorrow and play the day after.

Derrick01

Banned

As stated the texture pack is almost the same size and it's releasing tomorrow. But I'm still willing to bet the actual game is bigger and it's just steam's new way of handling preloads because Darksiders 2 was also in the 5gb range and it's supposed to be 10-20.

hittman

Banned
thanks for the responses guys.

how will the texture pack be downloaded? thru steam or from their website and by extracting into the game directory?

Smash88

Banned
Well I finally got that email that others got 1-2 days ago about the pre-purchase being avaliable soon.
No key.

2 hours remain.

The only e-mail I've gotten is that they took my money. Don't feel bad.

Check your email, you may have just gotten the email, if you haven't already.

Also.... You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 14 Aug 2012 at 01:01 UTC.....

EDIT: Being avaliable at 01:01 UTC. It is now 02:10 UTC....

comrade

thanks for the responses guys.

how will the texture pack be downloaded? thru steam or from their website and by extracting into the game directory?
Through Steam I believe.
Well I finally got that email that others got 1-2 days ago about the pre-purchase being avaliable soon.

No key.

2 hours remain.

The only e-mail I've gotten is that they took my money. Don't feel bad.

Plumpman

Well I finally got that email that others got 1-2 days ago about the pre-purchase being avaliable soon. EDIT: Being avaliable at 01:01 UTC. It is now 02:10 UTC....

No key.

2 hours remain.

Same thing just happened to me. I was all excited too, GMG teasing me!

No key.

2 hours remain.

Check your email, you may have just gotten the email, if you haven't already.

Also.... You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 14 Aug 2012 at 01:01 UTC.....

EDIT: Being avaliable at 01:01 UTC. It is now 02:10 UTC....

Got this email just now, what shit.

alterno69

Banned
How demanding will this be on PC? I have a PS360 and a decent rig with a quadcore processor, 4 gb and a Gforce GTX 560Ti which i can connect to my 55" and play comfortably from my couch with my Dual Shock 3, so?

Top Bottom