• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slide Card for PS2

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
From what I've gathered, modchips is the way to go...slide card/swap tricks will just damage your PS2 in the long run, or they just suck period

Auron

Wario64 said:
From what I've gathered, modchips is the way to go...slide card/swap tricks will just damage your PS2 in the long run, or they just suck period

The problem is I've never soldered anything before, so I can just see myself frying my PS2. Also, I had my Playstation 1 modified and some games wouldn't run. I'd like to avoid that if I can.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
soldering is actually really easy.

Yusaku

I should get a slide card/swap magic next week. I only plan on doing it once for the memory card exploit, then I should be able to run imports off the HD.

Auron said:
The problem is I've never soldered anything before, so I can just see myself frying my PS2. Also, I had my Playstation 1 modified and some games wouldn't run. I'd like to avoid that if I can.
pay someobe to do it for you... and all the good ps2 mods have a disable/off option

Auron

So it sounds like that DMS3 plus modchip is the best one right? It even has region-free DVD playback so I could pick up Advent Children soon :D

mosaic

go eat paint
All I'm gonna say about the slide card / swap magic discs is that they've worked just fine every time I've needed them to... which admittedly isn't often. I had a modded PS2 die on me and got an unmodded replacement, and I just didn't feel like chipping the new one.

I play an import now and then... sometimes a company sends me a preview build... this solution works for my needs. I'd say go for it if you don't think you'll get your money's worth from a chip. But if you're an import hound or have more warez than Cap'n Hook, a chip is probably better in the long run.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Wario64 said:

What? I don't believe that for one second. The theory and application behind using a slide card to pop the CD tray is no different than using the manual eject hole with a paperclip on your computer's CD tray to pop it out. If you have someone show you or find a good place online that gives details on exactly how to use the card(where to insert, etc.) its incredibly easy to use.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I plan on doing the MC exploit as well. I just need to be able to get the files on the memory card.

Isn't there a more ghetto, McGuyver-esque method? A butter knife or something?

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm looking to mod my PS2, what's the best mod chip to use and who may I get to do it, since it's illegal here in the U.K. I'd really like to know, especially with the upcoming MGS 3. :(

Yusaku

DaCocoBrova said:
I plan on doing the MC exploit as well. I just need to be able to get the files on the memory card.

Isn't there a more ghetto, McGuyver-esque method? A butter knife or something?

Yeah, you can use a knife, but you're still gonna need something like the Swap Magic disc or GameShark.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
What Game Shark specifically? There are numerous versions.

What about Shark Port?

XS+

Banned
I heard about the PS2 card trick from some snotty gamer knowitall nerd (he'd fit right in at GAF), but I never believed his claims. I'm glad to hear that it works for those who've tried it, I've never been interested in breaking open a machine to play imports.

If you don't want a modchip, then a fliptop is a lot safer bet than a slidecard. With a fliptop, you won't be wearing down the dvd tray forcing it open all the time.

Isn't linking to sites that encourage game piracy against the TOS? Where's the moderators now? Say something bad about the Village, I get banned in a fucking nanosecond. Directly link to modchip.com, 2 page discussion. WTF.

Bog

Junior Ace
DJ Demon J said:
Isn't linking to sites that encourage game piracy against the TOS? Where's the moderators now? Say something bad about the Village, I get banned in a fucking nanosecond. Directly link to modchip.com, 2 page discussion. WTF.

How about calming the fuck down? I'm pretty sure imports were the main talk here.

Top Bottom