• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
reKon said:
The thing though, is that there are still plenty of PS3s in the US...

yeah, I'm kinda wondering why we're not hearing anecdotal evidence of PS3 shortages in North America. maybe the Slim will come to Japan first and NA later in the fall?

Truespeed

Well, it's official. The fat PS3 is now a collector's item. There will never be another monstrous console with the girth and weight of the PS3. So seal it in a humongous zip lock and pack it next to the Dreamcast because junior is on the way.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Danthrax said:
yeah, I'm kinda wondering why we're not hearing anecdotal evidence of PS3 shortages in North America. maybe the Slim will come to Japan first and NA later in the fall?

Uh, a couple pages back someone posted a Best Buy inventory thing that showed the current models were supply constrained...

alternade

Does the BC add anything to the games? Upscaling, smoother textures, faster loading? I'd be willing to part ways with my 2 month old PS2slim if it was worth it.

Oh my god GAF you surprise me everytime i come back to this thread damn it really is:

gaf--->internet--->gaf---->sony----->gaf-----> every person in the world

wow gaf im not worthy :D

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Kagari said:
Uh, a couple pages back someone posted a Best Buy inventory thing that showed the current models were supply constrained...

thanks, I missed that. I apologize — it's a big thread. =)

with that bit of BB inventory sleuthing in mind, things make sense again.

alternade said:
Does the BC add anything to the games? Upscaling, smoother textures, faster loading? I'd be willing to part ways with my 2 month old PS2slim if it was worth it.

Trophies, 1080p and it many cases it will lock the framerate to 60fps. 3 of those aren't true.

KillerAJD

Sushen said:
I just sold my launch PS3. I'll still play my Persona 3/4 on PS2. PS4 with PS3 BC will do next time.
How much did you get for it? I'm looking to throw mine up on Craigslist for $450 with a couple games I don't play. Figure the extra cash would be nice. And I never play PS3 games on my PS3.

Machado

alternade said:

wireless controllers for example

Truespeed

alternade said:

They claim to upscale the PS2 games, but PS2 games look like ass when viewed on an HDTV. You would think they would allow you to select filters to smooth out the ass, but they don't and so you must accept and live with the ass. It's a pity, though, because the application of filters would have made them look tolerable, even playable.

dolemite

KillerAJD said:
How much did you get for it? I'm looking to throw mine up on Craigslist for $450 with a couple games I don't play. Figure the extra cash would be nice. And I never play PS3 games on my PS3.
Good luck selling it for more than 300

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Truespeed said:
They claim to upscale the PS2 games, but PS2 games look like ass when viewed on an HDTV. You would think they would allow you to select filters to smooth out the ass, but they don't and so you must accept and live with the ass. It's a pity, though, because the application of filters would have made them look tolerable, even playable.

datass.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
KillerAJD said:

No way man, I don't think you're getting that.

Either way just a few days now! We know it's coming no doubt, but the price is all I wanna know... either way one fo the models has to drop... right? I need a new one soon.

KillerAJD said:

Uhm maybe if it is in Canadian Dollars maybe you can sell it at $450:lol

HUELEN10

Truespeed said:
Truespeed, there ARE texture smoothing options, and the games look just fine. I don't have any idea what you're talking about.

LegoDad

Danthrax said:
thanks, I missed that. I apologize — it's a big thread. =)

with that bit of BB inventory sleuthing in mind, things make sense again.

Yay, my investigation helped.......... finally.. lol

HUELEN10

BenjaminG said:
Non disclosure agreement expires on Monday (Aus time).

Hold onto your hats children.

Amazing, less than a week to go! How I dream that we get some color announcements, I would kill for Matte White.

Paznos

HUELEN10 said:
Truespeed, there ARE texture smoothing options, and the games look just fine. I don't have any idea what you're talking about.
Exactly, right now I'm replaying Tales of the Abyss on my PS3 and with the smoothing off it looks horrible, turn it on and it looks much better.

BenjaminG

Banned
Retailer by day, investigative journalist by night, Blu-ray reviewer in the early hours of the morning, sometime gamer in between all these :D

Zhuk

Banned
Ashes1396 said:

All I know is that whoever made it had access to manufacturing facilities that can create mould injected plastic. It's also very interesting that while they took pictures of the plastics the components were not anywhere to be seen. Furthermore, I am still not sold on the font style on the Slim, it just doesn't make sense for Sony to use that font style when they have consistently used another in their advertising. Finally seeing the overall aesthetics of the device, I don't think it is up to Sony's usual standard in console design.

We won't really know until Cologne either way, but I still think it is plausible that this is not a Sony PS3 slim.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
alternade said:
there are menus that do things related to how ps2 games look.

i don't know how effective they are, but in general, i personally think 60gig BC ps2 games look better then ps2 games played on my slim ps2.

VegaShinra

:lol at Koku Gamer thinking the PS3 is fake.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony mentioned the Slim before their conference next week. Something minor, and then keep all the details for the hour conference.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ashes1396 said:
The “brains” of the team work at a factory and used tools their to make the fake PS3 Slim models, while the rest of the team spread the rumours through various internet aliases.

And the reason behind this? They wanted to sell the fake PS3 Slim models on eBay.

so.. uh. where did the mold for the case come from? or did they talk someone into making that too?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Pandaman said:

so.. uh. where did the mold for the case come from? or did they talk someone into making that too?

I don't care because the second comment on that page is awesome:

Christian Bale says:
August 14, 2009 at 3:00 am
No don’t just be funny, THINK for one fucking second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom