• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
cyberheater said:
Interesting. I hope they've made enough 60Gb PS3 with BC for future failures/repairs unless the slim will feature a robust software BC.

They probably stopped producing BC-models in 2007, not really related to the switch to the Slim-model.

edit: seems not to be common knowledge, but E3, GC and TGS take place every year ;P
At least follow these three big ones ^^

Himuro said:
3 days? Out of the blue?

I'll believe it when I see it.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

you know there's a sony conference at gamescom? right?

And that european retail has leaked preoder campaigns?

oh... and that multiple sources have confirmed something's going on... not least

1 - leaked images and video
2 - ps3 current model discontinued in japan
3 - price cuts and bundles for the current sku
4 - taiwanese manufacturers saying orders from sony have doubled... despite sony having poor sales this year
5 - ....and, despite these increases in orders, some sku's are getting hard to find...

despite all this.... you seriously think an announcement isn't imminent?

....doh.

Himuro said:
I didn't say an announcement wasn't imminent. But in 3 days?

Retail sources within Europe who have a solid track record have stated that slim launches at 299 on 9/1, with pre-orders beginning on 8/18, the day of Sony's press conference 3 days from today.

spwolf

NinjaFusion said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

you know there's a sony conference at gamescom? right?

And that european retail has leaked preoder campaigns?

oh... and that multiple sources have confirmed something's going on... not least

1 - leaked images and video
2 - ps3 current model discontinued in japan
3 - price cuts and bundles for the current sku
4 - taiwanese manufacturers saying orders from sony have doubled... despite sony having poor sales this year
5 - ....and, despite these increases in orders, some sku's are getting hard to find...

despite all this.... you seriously think an announcement isn't imminent?

....doh.

he didnt read any of previous posts in the thread obviously...

Himuro said:
I don't care about an announcement.

I want a release. I'm not some fruit loop following the progress of a product that hasn't been announced yet. I want it in my hands, fuck announcements. We already know it's coming.

When can I expect this to be plugged into my tv?

Gee, everyone who quoted what you actually wrote should apologize then.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wow, gaf is kind of ruthless with thread newcomers! Maybe we need an illustrated 10-post OP to bring everyone up to speed...

Himuro said:
I follow E3 and TGS, but I've always called Gamescon Leipzig.

Well I don't care about Europe. What about Amurikkka?

There haven't been any leaks for other territories. But both Japan and NA retailers are also on their last shipments of 80gb ps3s and they have been showing low supply. It seems logical the slim will show up around the same time everywhere.

Himuro said:
I don't need an apology, as I don't give a shit.

I merely want to know when this is coming out in the US of A.

Good one, come in here, try to back off what you wrote a bunch of times after it's pointed out over and over how wrong you are, but you got the junior comment in. That's a save.

nice edit

noah111

Still Alive
Himuro said:
I don't care about an announcement.

I want a release. I'm not some fruit loop following the progress of a product that hasn't been announced yet. I want it in my hands, fuck announcements. We already know it's coming.

When can I expect this to be plugged into my tv?
First week or so of September, now stfu or gtfo. :D

Himuro said:
How am I wrong? I merely asked for information. How can you be wrong for asking for info.

Take your head out your ass.

Then again, this thread is a guaranteed place for console warriors, so it's expected to be a giant cesspool.

What's console warrior about it? You got all incredulous that the slim would be launching in three days after replying to a guy talking about an announcement in three days, while acting like it was ridiculous that an announcement could come, apparently not realizing that a major convention was coming shortly. But whatever you want dude, it's all about console warriors <eyerolls>

Himuro said:
I don't need an apology, as I don't give a shit.

I merely want to know when this is coming out in the US of A.

There's still a lot of speculation about when the announcement itself will be made. Why would anyone know the exact date of when the product is launching?

Best guess, based on rumours, seems to be early September.

Himuro said:
My original question pertained exclusively to release, not announcement.

You're still a cock goblin.

So your reply to "3 days. Pray for the announcement." (that you quoted) clearly was about release, not announcement. Got it. I blame the console warrior conspiracy

Cock goblin? Better than the desperate junior bashing.

MechDX

I hope something gets announced soon. My 60gb wont read games/movies anymore. Instead of paying Sony $150 Ill trade it to Gamestop (still reads discs for a few minutes) and put the money down on a slim.

Himuro said:
Hey, better than losing my shit because a guy doesn't endlessly follow a 6000 post thread.

Cry more.

I ask a simple question, and typically, if you weren't a foul mouthed nerd, you would answer in a respectable manner.

Thankfully there's people in this thread with some class.

You had toread the one post you quoted, not 6000 of them, but whatever dude. The foul mouth nerd is the one not calling people fucking juniors and cock goblins?

k

spwolf

Himuro said:
Hey, better than losing my shit because a guy doesn't endlessly follow a 6000 post thread.

Cry more.

I ask a simple question, and typically, if you weren't a foul mouthed nerd, you would answer in a respectable manner.

yeah, it does get annoying though, when you and hundreds of others dont feel like you should trouble yourself with original post or previous page. Not classy at all.

TheExecutive said:
The lesson here? Don't waltz into threads and say something without previous knowledge of the subject or thread. You will usually get ripped to peices.

I hate to quote myself but I did type this out a page ago...

AndyD

aka andydumi
pharmboy044 said:
Does anyone know what the trade in value for a 2 year old 60gb phat is? Need moniez for slim.

They go for 350-400 on Craigslist where I live. More depending on what you include (games, controllers, cables...).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It's expected in September. But really - don't hurt me - the conference on Tuesday should have the info you want even if you're not interested in announcements ;)

AndyD

aka andydumi
Himuro said:

Cry more.

:lol :lol
Where did you come from?

All you had to do was read 1 page or so. Did you read anything before posting your crap questions/assumptions/doubts?

No one knows when its coming, no one knows when its announced, no one knows if a slim is even coming at all. Its all rumors and speculation.

Well if the Slim is announced at Gamesom then we'll have a new thread called "PS3 Slim announced! (insert your favorite price here)!"

And this thread will go in the history books. It's been a good one. A real page turner on occasion. And we have a fight on this page but eh, an epic thread isn't epic without a few fights.

I wonder what a cock goblin looks like? A goblin that loves cock...maybe I don't want to know.

Anyways I feel that Sony would kill it if they released a slim in time for the holiday season. If they don't announce anything at gamescom, it will be a meltdown... Unless they have good news on gt5.

DiGi-C

Banned
I've just got back from shopping, I'm in the Midlands, UK, and Out of 1 Game Station and 2 Game Stores only ONE of the Game stores has 2 PlayStation 3's in, and 1 of those is reserved for pick up before closing. The manager said that there aren't any deliverys due 'for a few weeks', he knew about the Slim but not through any official sources, he said he saw it on Kotaku when it was leaked

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Combichristoffersen said:
VERY NSFW:

the fuck is wrong with you, son
aww, lttp

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
plasmasd said:
LOL! I know should have built a new slim model out of foam or clay for it.
It works as a teaser, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom