• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

Saw this on a PS3 Slim thread while browsing the imageboards, I don't know if it has any relevance though.
219cepz.png

Anyone care to say what this is? My guess is either old, or future logos. I think I have seen some of these before, but others are just plain new to me.

zoku88

Judging by the picture, it looks like the order of revisions to the Playstation design before they settled on the last one.

Doubledex

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
Saw this on a PS3 Slim thread while browsing the imageboards, I don't know if it has any relevance though.
219cepz.png

Anyone care to say what this is? My guess is either old, or future logos. I think I have seen some of these before, but others are just plain new to me.
old

HUELEN10 said:
219cepz.png

creation of the playstation logo, from the first prototype to the final design.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
F#A#Oo said:
For those of us not following...

Can we have a summary of what's happening? :lol

In 2 days Sony will announce a Slim PS3
It will be $299 or $399 (if it's $399 gaf is going to explode)
It will be available on September 1st

none of this is comes with any proof. just accept it and jump join in.

pswii60

D4Danger said:

none of this is comes with any proof. Just except it and jump join in.
NNNNNNNG!

spwolf

D4Danger said:

none of this is comes with any proof. just accept it and jump join in.

what happens if it is $199? Nub Goblins come out? :)

-Winnie-

HUELEN10 said:
219cepz.png

I've always wondered... why red, blue, green and yellow? I would've thought using the colours of the main buttons, red, blue, green and pink would make more sense.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
F#A#Oo said:
For those of us not following...

Can we have a summary of what's happening? :lol

a long time ago some pictures purporting to be from an assembly line leaked.
a little while after a picture purporting to be a box for the ps3 slim leaked.
there were lots of rumours.
7/11 in japan got a discontinuation order for the current ps3 skus
a french retailer is taking pre-orders on the slim starting two days from now and is "selling" them on september 1st
many stores in many countries are running low on ps3s and sony has not reshipped in several weeks
existing ps3 skus are being discounted by several retails

basically the other shoe is about to drop.

yurinka

I think the slim will be announced in Gamescom, but won't be available September 1st and will be more expensive than 299$/€ (maybe 399€?).
Instead, I thinkthe phat will be oficially at 299€ September 1st until they clear their stocks.

noah111

Still Alive
-Winnie- said:
I've always wondered... why red, blue, green and yellow? I would've thought using the colours of the main buttons, red, blue, green and pink would make more sense.
They were going to make the square button yellow instead of pink, but it just didn't look right.

gofreak said:
Not posted? It's over 2 hours old at least so I'm kind of surprised.
Someone spotted this in a Harvey Norman:
http://i31.tinypic.com/dxfn74.jpg[IMG]
[url]http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=bANZ_PS3_general&thread.id=43374[/url][/QUOTE]
Probably because it looks like something my little cousin can make in MS paint.

Kujo

Stumpokapow said:
a long time ago some pictures purporting to be from an assembly line leaked.
a little while after a picture purporting to be a box for the ps3 slim leaked.
there were lots of rumours.
7/11 in japan got a discontinuation order for the current ps3 skus
a french retailer is taking pre-orders on the slim starting two days from now and is "selling" them on september 1st
many stores in many countries are running low on ps3s and sony has not reshipped in several weeks
existing ps3 skus are being discounted by several retails

basically the other shoe is about to drop.
Plus that prototype model or whatever it was that someone took a shitty video of and one picture (the console from the original leak).

Raist

Banned
-Winnie- said:

They copied Google. Damn Sony can't help but steal ideas all the time.

noah111

Still Alive
gofreak said:
That's not unusual for harvey norman :p
I suppose so. :lol Though it's not hard for a guy working at a shop to know that a new PS3 is incoming, wouldn't say it's anywhere near official, even though he said 'Sony' told him. Who knows though. :D

Raist said:
They copied Google. Damn Sony can't help but steal ideas all the time.
What are you talking about, they copied Microsoft Windows.

windows-logo.jpg

playstation-logo.jpg

Ettie

Sentry said:
They were going to make the square button yellow instead of pink, but it just didn't look right.

Probably because it looks like something my little cousin can make in MS paint.

Yeah, the playstation forums are scary.

buffi

Banned
Are there going to be live streams from the gamescon press conference?

I'd pay $10 to watch it live, for masturbation purposes.

BeeDog

buffi said:

The conference will probably be a dud, hence expect a sloppy dick. :p

buffi said:

buy a 10$ PSN game and play it until they upload the PC in (PAL) Home.
There, you can masturbate in public in front of the big screen.

g3nkie

Neo Member
Would they just announce it already?...... This is killing me... If the rumors hold up then we only gotta wait 2 days right? :D

Sentry said:
They are.. in PS Home IIRC.

but not live, YET (they want to achieve that in the future)

IIRC you could watch the same PK videos in the store and in Home at the same time, so there was little reason to visit home. Lets see if it is different this time.

Another reason they don't want to do it live could be the fear of one of the Sony executives pulling of a Nipple-Gate.

noah111

Still Alive
Ah, I see. If they will have a video of the event a day or two afterwards than that's fine, since all the info will be out via live-blogs and whatnot anyways..

Galvanise_ said:
It'll be a couple of hours after the event.

They said 1-2 hours at e3 and it took them quite a bit longer IIRC. :/

Though basically we only need one of the blog-journalists to know how the leaked Slim looked like and to confirm if it is indeed the one Sony will show on the PC.
New trailers etc. should go live immediately after the PC like it was at e3, surprisingly even in the PAL stores (it was already in the late evening in our timezone).

So you would only really *need* the videos of the PC as fast as possible if they show some live gameplay-Demos.

SamBishop

Banned
°°ToMmY°° said:
creation of the playstation logo, from the first prototype to the final design.

Indeed, and one of the coolest evolutions ever. The final result is seriously one of the best logo designs I've ever seen. I founded a web design firm way back in the day and if we'd come up with something that amazing, I think I would have hung up my hat as I doubt I could have done anything better. The PS logo is hands-down one of the best I've ever seen. It's essentially timeless -- even (especially?) when done monochromatically.

-Winnie- said:

Serious answer? A combination of primary graphic and printing colors (RGB + CMYK); primary colors plus another for simple reproduction in any medium with minimal tweaking and a logo that would stand out on nearly any background. It really is one of the best logos ever created.

Elios83

Sentry said:
Ah, I see. If they will have a video of the event a day or two afterwards than that's fine, since all the info will be out via live-blogs and whatnot anyways..

The conference will be available in HD resolution on the european store shortly after, it was announced on the european blog.
Of course Slim and price drop will be key news but I think this show will bring important announcements on all fronts (video store, PSP Go launch, PSN, firmware, games, applications). Could be better than E3 really =)

offshore

SamBishop said:
The PS logo is hands-down one of the best I've ever seen. It's essentially timeless -- even (especially?) when done monochromatically.

It looks better now that they're using it in black and white...the coloured PS logo looks a bit outdated now IMO.

DiGi-C

Banned
I like how it appears on the PS3 boxart, kinda metalic outline but with the colour still showing. Its also funny how the colours used in the logo have kinda come back into fashon (UK nu rave wise anyway, pastel colours etc)

SolidusDave said:
They said 1-2 hours at e3 and it took them quite a bit longer IIRC. :/

Though basically we only need one of the blog-journalists to know how the leaked Slim looked like and to confirm if it is indeed the one Sony will show on the PC.
New trailers etc. should go live immediately after the PC like it was at e3, surprisingly even in the PAL stores (it was already in the late evening in our timezone).

So you would only really *need* the videos of the PC as fast as possible if they show some live gameplay-Demos.

More than likely. I'm more interested in new game announcements etc. Thats why i want the videos.

mackaveli

NeoUltima said:
Sony will fix/send you different ps3 for $150. $150 is less than $300 but I guess it depends on how much you value the slim's features over the 20gb's.

wondering will they send me a different/fix my ps3 that doesn't turn on or read discs?

i know it doesn't read discs cause i swapped the blu-ray drive into another ps3 so it would work. Now it has YLOD and doesn't read discs. It would be awesome for $150 if they fixed it or sent me a diff ps3.

It might even be an original 60gb ps3 i forget.

Cowie

just to toss a little fuel on the fire, It's currently Monday(albeit damn early) in Australia.. an undetermined NDA is supposed to be expiring today.. wonder what'll happen?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
gofreak said:
Not posted? It's over 2 hours old at least so I'm kind of surprised.

Someone spotted this in a Harvey Norman:

dxfn74.jpg

http://community.eu.playstation.com...age?board.id=bANZ_PS3_general&thread.id=43374

Someone? You mean the Australian Retailer on this board who claims he signed a Sony NDA that expires Monday? And then later edited that post because sixthaxis linked to that post? (see above)

I am not suggesting shenanigans, but I think I just listed some shenanigans.

And let me guess, Harvey Norman is an Australian chain?

If that's the case then our retail leak claims Sony made Harvey Norman employees sign an NDA, but that putting out flyers about it in an exceptionally crazy font, with PS3 game spine art down the side, somehow does not violate that NDA.

Interesting note: BenjaminG, the retail leak/NDA-signing/Sixthaxis-rebutting investigative journalist, has only ever posted about this thread/subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom