• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
The closer it gets the more I have my doubts as to whether a slim sku will be announced, I hope I wrong, I can't be the only one having second thoughts now ?

lowrider007 said:
The closer it gets the more I have my doubts as to whether a slim sku will be announced, I hope I wrong, I can't be the only one having second thoughts now ?

There has to be SOMETHING.

The firesale, the discontinued 80GB in Japan, the constraint on Best Buy 80GB stock, and how many leaks/much info have we gotten from Europe?

Kujo

NinjaFusion said:
Noooo, silver is awesome. I would totally buy a silver PS3 Slim day one. Then I'll tape it onto my silver PS2 for 100% BC:

2rpv05h.jpg

Although a white PS3 Slim would look nice as well I agree.

noah111

Still Alive
lowrider007 said:
It's around 75-90% at this point, but if neither a price drop NOR slim SKU is debut at GC, meltdowns will go down in history. :lol Though it'll be at TGS for sure if not at GC..

dolemite

HisshouBuraiKen said:
I can't believe this thread is almost over. The mystery, the drama, the lies, the betreyal...it's been such an amazing ride.
Yeah, make sure not to miss the season finale airing tomorrow at 12:30 EST.

Sentry said:
It's around 75-90% at this point, but if neither a price drop NOR slim SKU is debut at GC, meltdowns will go down in history. :lol Though it'll be at TGS for sure if not at GC..

For the longest time I thought it would be announced / re launched @ TGS to coincide w/ the imminent FFXIII launch.

shinshero

vicissitudes said:
No offense, but what's the point of having "insiders" around anyway? Just let Sony announce stuff when they want to. Even if your info is correct, we won't know it's correct until Sony's official announcement anyway, so what's the point? Even "insiders" with good track records (such as the Ars mole) are doubted and their info are considered speculation/rumor. So can we just let Sony do their stuff and keep the "insider info" to yourself? Why deflate everyone's bubble by leaking everything ahead of time?

We are all here for leaks. I doubt that you would be in this thread if that was not the case.

Drame

I can't wait to see, what tomorrow has to bring. Will it be tears of joy, or tears of sadness?
Everything will be explained tomorrow, horay.

I really can't understand why I'm so excited about the Slim.
I still have my good ol' 60-gigger working like a dream *knocks the wood*, but still it's smaller atleast!

noah111

Still Alive
Drame said:
I can't wait to see, what tomorrow has to bring. Will it be tears of joy, or tears of sadness?
Everything will be explained tomorrow, horay.

I really can't understand why I'm so excited about the Slim.
I still have my good ol' 60-gigger working like a dream *knocks the wood*, but still it's smaller atleast!
It doesn't mater, either way there will be bitching, and a lot of it.. this is gaf afterall..

StuBurns

Banned
Sentry said:
It doesn't mater, either way there will be bitching, and a lot of it.. this is gaf afterall..
BC comes back thru hardware, Sony not pursuing software BC for other units, Sony releasing every PS2 game on the store for the PS3s that play them, GAF dies.

Sirolf

Well PS3 Slim am here ..

http://p l a ystationlifestyle.net/2009/08/17/sony-gamescom-document-reveals-new-ps3/

According to the document we just received, Sony has an unannounced PS3 product that is to be revealed during the Sony GamesCom Press Conference tomorrow.

The conference which is to be presented by Kaz Hirai and Andrew House, lists the following during the presentation:

2 x PlayStation 3 TOOL

1 x PlayStation 3 (Unannounced Product / Discretion advised by Client)

2 x PSPGo!

* 1 x White
* 1 x Black

2 x PlayStation EYE Camera (NOTE: Is not a Video Camera for recording Presentation, no fee required)

Since the unannounced PS3 is listed with the rest of the hardware, it’s obvious it’s some type of new PS3 SKU. Then again, this was sent in as by a tipster so we cannot confirm the validity of the document. However the tipster mentions that this is “100% legit” from a GamesCom employee.

We will find out tomorrow, stay tuned to PlayStation LifeStyle for our GamesCom coverage.

They have an official pic of the flyer on their site (No the slim is not pictured !)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Crackers said:
So who is Andrew House?

The head of SCEE. He was appointed back in April.

But yeah, that equipment form thingy would appear to confirm slim will be announced. Unless it's some stickered-up LE PS3 or something :p

I'm pretty sure they wil demonstrate their waggle tech again. Maybe they even disclose an official name and the final design of the wand?

Shiggy

Crackers said:
So who is Andrew House?

House joined Sony Corporation in 1990, where he worked in corporate communications for Sony Corporation (Japan) for five years. In April 1995, he was assigned to the marketing and communications division of SCEI, contributing to the marketing and promotion of the original PlayStation® computer entertainment system as well as its game titles. In March 1996, House was promoted to Vice President, Marketing of Sony Computer Entertainment America, where he led SCEA’s marketing efforts to establish the North American market for the original PlayStation as well as formulating and executing the market strategies which led to the successful launch of the PlayStation 2 and PSP businesses. House was also instrumental in developing the PlayStation brand into a household name in North America. In addition to his marketing responsibilities, he also

led the Third Party Relations and Developer Support divisions from 2000, making sizeable contributions in establishing and maintaining firm relationships with third party game developers and publishers in North America as well as growing content alliances.

Acknowledged for his invaluable contribution to the expansion of the PlayStation business and to the company’s marketing and brand management efforts, House was appointed CMO of Sony Corporation in 2005, with global responsibility for corporate marketing across all of Sony’s businesses with primary emphasis in building value in the Sony brand.

That.

iceatcs

pswii60 said:
Has the conference been delayed until September?

If you're going to fake something at least get the fucking date right!
Bingo
/

[EDIT]
Playstation Lifestyle owned again?

LegoDad

gofreak said:
The head of SCEE. He was appointed back in April.

But yeah, that equipment form thingy would appear to confirm slim will be announced. Unless it's some stickered-up LE PS3 or something :p

Why is the date 18/9/2009???

shouldn't the 9 be an 8?

damn beaten... lol

Sirolf

pswii60 said:
Has the conference been delayed until September?

If you're going to fake something at least get the fucking date right!

Well i didn't see that..:lol
A typo perhaps but a strange error on an supposedly official doc.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I think it might be possible it's a simple typo... :p

Assuming it's true, and I think it is, it suggests a conference running time of 75-80 minutes (from the recording request bit).

Anyway if I were sony/gamescom, I'd be trying to track down that mole asap. All he'd need would be a couple of seconds alone with sony's equipment to snap some shots and make some more leaks..

noah111

Still Alive
pseudocaesar said:
I didnt notice the date at first, but I thought it odd that they name Kaz, well... Kaz. Seems too informal.
Umm, it is his name, it's not like they always type 'Kazuo Hirai' on all the press releases and whatnot..

Though that paper is starting to look more and more fake, may just be the Sony monkey making a typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom