• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceatcs

I want them to use PSN EU team to start open the tomorrow show with that:
1238512403_dancing_chimps.gif

Sentry said:
Umm, it is his name, it's not like they always type 'Kazuo Hirai' on all the press releases and whatnot..

Though that paper is starting to look more and more fake, may just be the Sony monkey making a typo.

Well, no its not his name at all. Kaz is a nickname for his full name, which would appear on official documents. I'm sure if my nickname got printed on an official document I would be a little annoyed at its lack of formality.

Doc Evils

Sentry said:
Umm, it is his name, it's not like they always type 'Kazuo Hirai' on all the press releases and whatnot..

Though that paper is starting to look more and more fake, may just be the Sony monkey making a typo.

I'm pretty sure they do.

LegoDad

caliblue15 said:
Ok, this one looks like more fun...

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/444/ps3baisseprix0903000400.jpg[/QUOTE]

The French means, From 17 August to 12 September 2009

Edit: Is that how long ads run in France? or that a google translate error? or is it fake?

caliblue15 said:
The French means, From 17 August to 12 September 2009

Edit: Is that how long ads run in France? or that a google translate error? or is it fake?

Sale lasts that long, but the PS3 has 1st September written in its description panel.

Shurs

I wonder about the possibility of Sony "only' announcing a price cut for PS3 without the slimming of the console. Sadly, in spite of all the complaining about the high price of the PS3, a $100 off of a "fat" console would be a disappointment to those with visions of a "slim" dancing in their heads.

noah111

Still Alive
Shurs said:
I wonder about the possibility of Sony "only' announcing a price cut for PS3 without the slimming of the console. Sadly, in spite of all the complaining about the high price of the PS3, a $100 off of a "fat" console would be a disappointment to those with visions of a "slim" dancing in their heads.
Yeah, that's a probability.. just because we are seeing price cuts across PS3s right now doesn't guarantee a slim SKU, it's been said before but GC could be a price cut announcement with TGS (late sept) being a slim debut.

At this point though, a price drop is 99.9% probable within the next 20 days.

Hanmik

iceatcs said:
I want them to use PSN EU team to start open the tomorrow show with that:
1238512403_dancing_chimps.gif

:lol :lol

And then they Introduce Kaz, and he sings (with a nice japanese accent) "Will the real Slim PS3 please stand up"...

LegoDad

demosthenes said:
While weekly sales are the big draw, some sales do last longer. Target has 'temporary price cuts' that can last upwards of 2 months.

Yeah but they don't have a huge ad for it... Most stores have monthly sales in a different hand out which is usually only available in store.. I was just saying, as we have seen so many fakes I wanted to be clear on every part of the description...

I can;t wait for the day someone fakes shit like this and then gets their entire life sued away.

Hopefully it will be playstation lifestyle....

crispyben

The French Toys'R'Us site also has that PS2-style PS3 logo here... :lol And they sell the same console with 2 games and with no game for the same price! (until September 1 at least)

Cowie

Pretty sure that isn't just a sale, since the starburst says 'New Price'. We already basically knew 299 euros in september, but it's nice to have an ad we can verify.

noah111

Still Alive
crispyben said:
The French Toys'R'Us site also has that PS2-style PS3 logo here... :lol And they sell the same console with 2 games and with no game for the same price! (until September 1 at least)
It's been like that for a while, im sure. :p I guess the "PLAYSTATION 3" spidey logo is too big for that box.

Machado

we shoud have a some sort of award-winning contest for this thread

OT: why no ps2 love so far??? what ould be in for ps2 in that conference?

Cowie

Machado said:
we shoud have a some sort of award-winning contest for this thread

OT: why no ps2 love so far??? what ould be in for ps2 in that conference?

My guess is some sales charts, if you're lucky.

Sigh, going to be helping a friend move on tuesday, will miss all the excitement. Gonna be searching for unsecured wifi in every free moment ;\

Violater said:
Introducing the PS3 Slim, smaller system same great price.
you know Sony is gonna pull a Sony :(
Yes, they once again won't be able to physically manifest the phantasy world of internet users into reality. They have no chance of satisfying everyone.

Donos

:lol i like this thread. We should rename the thread after gamescom into "PS4 ... good fake or ..." with cakefoo mockups to keep it going. We also need new "insiders" with fake E3 2010 schedule leaks of the PS4 announcement.

Violater

BobTheFork said:
Yes, they once again won't be able to physically manifest the phantasy world of internet users into reality. They have no chance of satisfying everyone.

I don't see knocking off the price a little as asking too much.
But with their recent PsP go pricing it just makes you wonder what will they think of next.

Jim

minus_273 said:
lets hope they dont pull a PSP go..

PSP go isn't replacing the PSP slim. Different products to be offered in parallel.

PS3 slim is replacing PS3 fat.

Apples and oranges.

pswii60

Cowie said:
Well at least they're using a regular ps3, but I'm pretty sure that ginger girl is a cakefoo mockup from another thread.
You don't get ginger haired people in France. Fake confirmed.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Baron Aloha said:
Agreed but we don't know for sure if he is pretending or not yet (or do we?). The only way to know for sure is if the info doesn't turn out to be true in which case I say ban him. All this does is scare people who are insiders from posting their info. If I were an insider and I saw this thread I probably wouldn't post any hints or info or anything now for fear of being preemptively banned for pretending.

He inferred he'd signed an NDA and a Gag Order, then later revealed that he had done no such thing. And was basing his predictions on statements by staff of "SCEA" who he claimed had signed NDAs, which doesn't even make sense.

So even if he was right, he misrepresented himself to garner interwebs attention and gaf fame. He also not-so-stealth edited his post after it got picked up elsewhere.

I imagine his details are either right, or close to it, because they're obvious, but his methods were bizarre to say the least.

onken

Jim said:
PSP go isn't replacing the PSP slim. Different products to be offered in parallel.

PS3 slim is replacing PS3 fat.

Apples and oranges.

I've been saying this for ages. PSP Go comes with 16gb internal memory (which would cost you $80-90 on its own) and is designed to be a premium product. Slim is designed to be as cheap as possible and has no additional features.

Don't worry, they'll ignore what we've said and post the same crap again in a page or so's time.

onken said:
I've been saying this for ages. PSP Go comes with 16gb internal memory (which would cost you $80-90 on its own) and is designed to be a premium product. Slim is designed to be as cheap as possible and has no additional features.

Don't worry, they'll ignore what we've said and post the same crap again in a page or so's time.

Didn't a few people say that 16GB of memory costs less than the UMD drive, though? I'm pretty sure the price of the PSP Go is for Sony and retailers to have higher profit margins - especially the latter, who're scared of losing money from game sales.

As for the slim though - I think the price really is up in the air. No-one knows how much it will cost to produce and whether or not Sony will 'go premium' or if they'll go to $299.

caliblue15 said:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/444/ps3baisseprix0903000400.jpg
The weird thing about this ad is that the PS3 is blurred out around the edges and is cutoff, whereas every other item in the ad is shown in full.

I'm not denying the ad since it's obviously on Toys 'R' Us' website - it just looks strange.

CrayzeeCarl said:
The weird thing about this ad is that the PS3 is blurred out around the edges and is cutoff, whereas every other item in the ad is shown in full.

It seems that the shops have information about a new PS3, but they don't have any information about how will be. Sony didn't bring any image, in order to avoid leaks about the final shape, before GamesCon. That's why in Toys 'R' Us put a zoom image of the PS3, showing only the logo, or other shops put a "fat" PS3, but explaining that the final console may be different to the one of the image.

onken

somuchwater said:
Didn't a few people say that 16GB of memory costs less than the UMD drive, though? I'm pretty sure the price of the PSP Go is for Sony and retailers to have higher profit margins - especially the latter, who're scared of losing money from game sales.

As for the slim though - I think the price really is up in the air. No-one knows how much it will cost to produce and whether or not Sony will 'go premium' or if they'll go to $299.

Knowing Sony, I'm not totally ruling out 349/399, I just really don't think it's likely at this point.

CrayzeeCarl said:

I'm not denying the ad since it's obviously on Toys 'R' Us' website - it just looks strange.

Yes I noticed that, maybe it's because they don't want to use an image that's drastically different to the product going on sale? *cough*

I sold my PS3 about a year ago and I'm in a better financial place now to be able to buy a new one. Did I read correctly that I won't be able to use my old hard drive on my new PS3 and keep the data on it intact? Before I sold it I took out the hard drive that was in it and replaced it with a different drive. What if I connect the old drive as a USB drive and transfer everything over? This would be crushing if I lost all of my saved games. Not only did I have all of my PS3 saved games on that drive, but I also have all of my PS1 and PS2 saved games on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom