• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowie

Thinking about it, what are the chances we'll hear anything about the US release at gamescom? All of the hype i've had building up is dying at the thought of me not really learning anything relevant. I mean, an official look at the slim would be nice, but at this point can anyone say they wouldn't be more surprised if it *wasn't* shown?

If they dont show a slim tomorrow this place will erupt. How funny would this be if it was all a pr trick after the pspgo leak, and we see a new sku a 500g phat ps3 for the same money and old stock sold off cheaper.:lol

Carl

Damn you lot had fun today whilst i have been out. Can't wait for the conference tomorrow. Meltdowns FTW :D

Ugh, i'm not here at conference time though, i have to go out with the family. DAMN THEM! They should know that gamescom is far more important...

Carl said:
Damn you lot had fun today whilst i have been out. Can't wait for the conference tomorrow. Meltdowns FTW :D

Ugh, i'm not here at conference time though, i have to go out with the family. DAMN THEM! They should know that gamescom is far more important...

Beat them. The rest of my family is going to a funeral service, yet I'll be sitting right here absorbing the news. (Its not a relative, don't worry. I'm not that evil).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Galvanise_ said:
Beat them. The rest of my family is going to a funeral service, yet I'll be sitting right here absorbing the news. (Its not a relative, don't worry. I'm not that evil).

:lol

Carl

Galvanise_ said:

Seems like a good idea...Hmmm....

I bet you murdered them didn't you? Crazy plan...Wish i had thought of that

carlosp

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
ever heard of mobile i-Net? :p

gtj1092

MightyHedgehog said:
I agree. I think it's just more needless and counter-productive confusion for the market to have more than one name for the system unless there is an actual feature/performance-based-difference between it and the other models.

So what do you think Sony did with those 3million unsold Ps3 phats?

ascii42

MightyHedgehog said:
I agree. I think it's just more needless and counter-productive confusion for the market to have more than one name for the system unless there is an actual feature/performance-based-difference between it and the other models.
At least the PSP 2000 and 3000 aren't called the PSPee.

lupinko

Meus Renaissance said:
I hope no Slim is revealed just to see the face of those silly fanboys declaring how many they were going to buy in a show of their loyalty

So many angry words. bsgguyshakinghishead.gif

Carl

Galvanise_ said:
We'll probably manage to recycle the whole thread in the day that remains. Like a recap at the start of Heroes.

I hear there have been leaks from a guy at a production factory, making the slim...

Hehehe

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Galvanise_ said:
We'll probably manage to recycle the whole thread in the day that remains. Like a recap at the start of Heroes.
And when the show's over, we'll be just as disappointed.

spwolf

Meus Renaissance said:
I hope no Slim is revealed just to see the face of those silly fanboys declaring how many they were going to buy in a show of their loyalty

24n44k4.jpg

:lol

Oni Jazar

supermackem said:
If they dont show a slim tomorrow this place will erupt. How funny would this be if it was all a pr trick after the pspgo leak, and we see a new sku a 500g phat ps3 for the same money and old stock sold off cheaper.:lol

Then MS and Nintendo would be the ones laughing the hardest.

Even though there are so many hints I'm still one of the believers that tomorrow only a price drop will be announced. If they did announce a slim, as stupid as it sounds, I will be pleasantly surprised.

D4Danger said:
It also gives Sony a small opportunity to re-brand themselves.

new console, new price, new Sony. Maybe people will stop and look at the PS3 and see what it has to offer instead of walking past with their preconceived notions.

I hope this is the case. At the store I work at, some dude was bashing the PS3 hard while touting the 360. Of all things, and argument he brought up was the fact that you can't change the battery on the PS3 controllers... even though you can always charge them up with the usb. Sad really.

Pagusas

Elden Member
so now with the PS3 Slim likely 24 hours away from being officially revealed to the world, what chance do we have of a 360 redesign? The old design is getting a bit boring and large.

-Pyromaniac- said:
Even though there are so many hints I'm still one of the believers that tomorrow only a price drop will be announced. If they did announce a slim, as stupid as it sounds, I will be pleasantly surprised.
Why would they just announce a price drop, when price drops have already taken effect on the 80GB Playstation 3's recently? Why also would many retailers just stop getting Playstation 3 systems if it was just a price drop coming? All these happenings are making me think that a new version of the Playstation 3 is coming, whether it's the Playstation 3 Slim or not will be known tomorrow, hopefully.

Shurs

lastinline said:
Why would they just announce a price drop, when price drops have already taken effect on the 80GB Playstation 3's recently? Why also would many retailers just stop getting Playstation 3 systems if it was just a price drop coming? All these happenings are making me think that a new version of the Playstation 3 is coming, whether it's the Playstation 3 Slim or not will be known tomorrow, hopefully.

It could be that retailers are getting the "fat" PS3's with a new HDD size or bundled software.

lastinline said:
Hence when I said "I know it sounds stupid". Like someone said before me, there is too much smoke for there not to be a fire but I guess it's just a natural pessimism. I like to be surprised.

Xenon

I am amazed this thing hit 7600+ posts.

your top ten posters
gofreak 206
HUELEN10 161
spwolf 134
Kagari 128
Machado 124
Sentry 119
Loudninja 119
Egmont 97
H_Prestige 96
JoJo13 75

Wollan is slipping (73)

Shurs said:
It could be that retailers are getting the "fat" PS3's with a new HDD size or bundled software.
Hmm... that could happen. Having a bigger hard drive come standard would be nice. That would probably make it more expensive, though, depending on the size of the hard drive. Right now the 160GB Playstation 3's are $499, and recently $450 on Amazon. So, most likely, if they would put a bigger hard drive than 160GB, the price would go up since the 160GB Playstation 3's aren't going away soon. I can see them putting 120GB in there, since it's between 80GB and 160GB. I just don't know what's going to happen, and Sony just might surprise us all tomorrow.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
"I wonder how many 500s this place will have when the slim isn't announced."

Fixed. :lol

No matter what happens tomorrow, my guess is that this place will have 500s all over the place come Sony's conference time.

Woo-Fu

Banned
TheBranca18 said:
None because it's going to be launched at 399.

You think that in itself wouldn't generate a hell of a lot of traffic? It doesn't matter what they announce, there will be blood(500s).

agaru

yellowjacket25 said:
Especially the day before the conference. I figured everything would be leaked today. Its starting to make me wonder.
What if there was nothing out there that could get leaked in the first place? :lol

xtop said:
i'm surprised too. almost makes me think the slim isn't happening at this conference

There's no way it can't be happening tomorrow if this thing is launching 9/1. At any rate, the 80gb is done, and something has to be replacing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom