• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtop

H_Prestige said:
There's no way it can't be happening tomorrow if this thing is launching 9/1. At any rate, the 80gb is done, and something has to be replacing it.

i completely agree, but i also find it very strange there has been no leaks. how did sony all of a sudden get good at keeping secrets?

Loudninja said:
What?:lol just because something did not leak does not mean its not there. are some of you serious?

I admit, it's crazy. Probably because Sony is such a leaky ship it seems strange the whole cat isn't out of the bag a day before the conference. But I suppose you could say they let the cat out of the bag several months ago when the first pics were leaked.

Loudninja

agaru said:
I kid, I kid. :p

Wasn't referring to you :)

H_Prestige said:
I admit, it's crazy. Probably because Sony is such a leaky ship it seems strange the whole cat isn't out of the bag a day before the conference. But I suppose you could say they let the cat out of the bag several months ago when the first pics were leaked.

Yeah you right it basically leaked already ,Jack Tretton is not please!

What about the European retailers who list and offer preorders for a PS3 slim @300€ and released on September 1st?
They can't be all faking it, can't they? Though Sony could think "FU guys" and spill the beans on the ps blog next week and say no word on the gamescom PC :lol

and as I said, If the real Slim is the same as the one from the OP, then why demand any last minute leaks, we would know everything since a few months :p

:lol :lol @ people talking about "no leaks".

We saw production shots from the factory it was first made at months ago, we saw its packaging before the PSP Go's packaging then confirmed it was certainly real and then an actual functioning unit gets out and sold somewhere on the market and videod briefly and you people talk about "no leaks" just because we don't have the HQ Press shots yet?

nlu7nn.gif

Edit: Wait what at Wollan perma-ban? That tag didn't offer much in the way of insurance :/

xtop

SecretBonusPoint said:

We saw production shots from the factory it was first made at months ago, we saw its packaging before the PSP Go's packaging then confirmed it was certainly real and then an actual functioning unit gets out and sold somewhere on the market and videod briefly and you people talk about "no leaks" just because we don't have the HQ Press shots yet?

when you say it like that, i guess it is kind of silly, huh :lol

SecretBonusPoint said:

nlu7nn.gif

I need those damn press shots :lol

The shaky cam footage was just too.....shaky. Couldn't get a good look.

SecretBonusPoint said:

This. The PS3 Slim is probably the worst kept secret ever. And I'm fine with that, they should have shown it at E3 anyway...

KillJade

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:

We saw production shots from the factory it was first made at months ago, we saw its packaging before the PSP Go's packaging then confirmed it was certainly real

Did you ever consider that the Slim packaging you saw was simply the PSPGo's packaging, photoshopped to look like a PS3?

noah111

Still Alive
mrklaw said:
any live streams expected/planned? Will sony have the conference up on PSN soon after?
No and yes. Live-blogs will be everywhere though, including the EU PS Blog. Supposedly will be up do DL a few hours after the event.

jsnepo

Why are you guys saying information about the slim PS3 hasn't been leaked? It has been leaked. There were pictures. There was a video. In fact, the leak started this whole thread.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
KillJade said:
Did you ever consider that the Slim packaging you saw was simply the PSPGo's packaging, photoshopped to look like a PS3?
there are more pics than just the box, and wasnt the pspgo box leaked before announcement as well?

androvsky

KillJade said:

I guess it's possible, though odd, since the Slim packaging picture was out on the internet two weeks at least before there were any shots of the PSP Go packaging.

agaru

SecretBonusPoint said:

There is a probablity that the packaging may look different. Hell even the console's look, we might see a slight difference than what's shown in those early leaks. We are talking about official screens leaks, like what happened with the PSP Go on Qore.

About Wollan, I read a post here on GAF by a member saying he got a 1 or 2 weeks ban, and will be back. I think it was BeeDog who posted that.

squall211

XanatharDeath said:
Did the PSP suffer from the PSP Go announcement ? This is a real question, I'm not in touch with sale numbers...

The PSP Go is more expensive than the current PSP. The PS3 slim is likely to be $100 less than current PS3s. It's not really a fair comparison.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
agaru said:
There is a good probablity that the packaging may look different, hell even the console's look, we might see a slight difference than what's shown in those early leaks. We are talking about official screens leaks, like what happened with the PSP Go on Qore.

About Wollan, I read a post here on GAF by a member saying he got a 1 or 2 weeks ban, and will be back. I think it was BeeDog who posted that.

and i heard that got changed to perm.

so ask him if you dont believe me:p

I haven't kept up with the thread but I'm going to go ahead and say there is no Slim PS3 announcement tomorrow. I'd be very surprised if there is one.

androvsky

VGChampion said:
I haven't kept up with the thread but I'm going to go ahead and say there is no Slim PS3 announcement tomorrow. I'd be very surprised if there is one.

So Sony's not going to sell any PS3s in Europe or Japan for a couple months, noted. ;)

Sascha23

Banned
Honestly, even if it wasn't the so-called 'Slim' model, it's fair to say that Sony is going to sell a new model. They've dried up the supply.

So, even if the new design doesn't show up, a new model and price point will most likely happen.

Guess we find out tomorrow. The tension is building.

Gaf with no wollan?

The shame. How can we let this stand?

Also...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL SOMEONE TELL US WHETHER AN OLD DEAR FRIEND IS GETTING A FACE LIFT AND LIPOSUCTION TOMORROW?

Can someone in the know at least confirm that? :D

I have a feeling that if the Slim gets announced at 299, when it's released it will be in short supply and will sell out very quickly. Then there will be a little bit of a frenzy to try and get one.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
NinjaFusion said:
Gaf with no wollan?

The shame. How can we let this stand?

Also...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL SOMEONE TELL US WHETHER AN OLD DEAR FRIEND IS GETTING A FACE LIFT AND LIPOSUCTION TOMORROW?

Can someone in the know at least confirm that? :D

Yeah he is permabanned.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The-Warning said:
I have a feeling that if the Slim gets announced at 299, when it's released it will be in short supply and will sell out very quickly. Then there will be a little bit of a frenzy to try and get one.

It's been rumoured that it's being presented to retail as 'limited' - which IMO suggests they may be try to engineer (very) temporary shortages to fuel hype, before turning on the taps full flow.

IF they pitch it like that.

g35twinturbo said:
damn Wollan got perm banned :(

thats crazay, I thought his illustration would have saved him.

Hey, that's a good point! He should ask for a refund on his membership fee. :lol

BeeDog said:
He was just going offtopic in one thread, wow.

Yeah, definitely nothing in Wollan's post history was ever considered in making a decision like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom