• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow... just realised what an epic week it is... Sony, Gamescom, Shadow complex, lost planet 2 demo.

win all 'round.

A question...

How many phat owners are planning to upgrade?

spwolf

gofreak said:
It's been rumoured that it's being presented to retail as 'limited' - which IMO suggests they may be try to engineer (very) temporary shortages to fuel hype, before turning on the taps full flow.

IF they pitch it like that.

i doubt it, phats are going away, Slims will be at ful force... obviously there wont be 3 millions of them at start, but i doubt there ill be 10k either.

gofreak said:
It's been rumoured that it's being presented to retail as 'limited' - which IMO suggests they may be try to engineer (very) temporary shortages to fuel hype, before turning on the taps full flow.

IF they pitch it like that.

I can completely see them doing that. Let's hope they don't blow it and not have enough stock in for the holidays.

tanod

when is my burrito
g35twinturbo said:
damn Wollan got perm banned :(

thats crazay, I thought his illustration would have saved him.

I don't usually log in from work but had to comment:

GAF without Wollan seems wrong. Sorry to see that happen.

So this post isn't completely OT, conference starts at 1:30 PM CST, right?

spwolf said:
i doubt it, phats are going away, Slims will be at ful force... obviously there wont be 3 millions of them at start, but i doubt there ill be 10k either.

and supply isn't short.... they doubled component orders while sales are in decline...

tanod said:

it's a sad, sad day. communities live and die by their members. and everyone makes the odd mistake.

.... Not sure of the CST time.

Slimcom can't come soon enough.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
If it can happen to Wollan, it can happen to any one of us.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wollan's avatar is gone. I'm wondering if he wrote a message on his pic to communicate...that usually leads to a perma and removal of the avatar.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
tanod said:

I know right.

I'm not sure about that time, i recall seeing something that says 4:30pm EST but I could be wrong, I may have my numbers mixed around.

BeeDog

chubigans said:
Wollan's avatar is gone. I'm wondering if he wrote a message on his pic to communicate...that usually leads to a perma and removal of the avatar.

If that's true, great timing with the account-suiciding. :lol

Anyway, if indeed the Slim is revealed tomorrow, do you guys think the presenters will do another hamfisted attempt to joke about the leaks like Tretton did during the E3 conference? :p

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Well in any case, a salute to Wollan is in order before the day of awesome commences tomorrow. Godspeed, Wollan. Godspeed.

finalglory.jpg

BeeDog said:
If that's true, great timing with the account-suiciding. :lol

Anyway, if indeed the Slim is revealed tomorrow, do you guys think the presenters will do another hamfisted attempt to joke about the leaks like Tretton did during the E3 conference? :p
I doubt it. I'd love to see it happen though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
spwolf said:

New hardware always presents that reasonably rare and potentially lucrative opportunity to create hype-fueling shortages though. Companies do this all the time because it often works, if somethings got enough attention beforehand. You can never more credibly pull it off than at the launch of new hardware, and this would be the last opportunity Sony would have to do that before ...well...the next slim(mer) appears.

Anyway, it's just a thought, but one that immediately springs to mind with those rumours of retail being told it would be limited stock.

pswii60

NinjaFusion said:
Gaf with no wollan?

The shame. How can we let this stand?

Also...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL SOMEONE TELL US WHETHER AN OLD DEAR FRIEND IS GETTING A FACE LIFT AND LIPOSUCTION TOMORROW?

Can someone in the know at least confirm that? :D
I'm still waiting for DoomBringer to make a comeback!

agaru said:
About Wollan, I read a post here on GAF by a member saying he got a 1 or 2 weeks ban, and will be back. I think it was BeeDog who posted that.

Nope.

dundunndunnn.jpg

So your all pretty convinced the slim is being announced tomorrow right?

gofreak said:
New hardware always presents that reasonably rare and potentially lucrative opportunity to create hype-fueling shortages though. Companies do this all the time because it often works, if somethings got enough attention beforehand. You can never more credibly pull it off than at the launch of new hardware, and this would be the last opportunity Sony would have to do that before ...well...the next slim(mer) appears.

Anyway, it's just a thought, but one that immediately springs to mind with those rumours of retail being told it would be limited stock.

I wasn't paying too much attention, but didn't Nintendo purposely do that with the Wii and Wii fit?

Sascha23

Banned
I recommend whoever dares creates a "What did Wollan do?" thread.

I would love to see this thread stay relevant to its topic.

You know, so we can keep discussing the same topic ad nauseum until Sony feeds us tomorrow. ;)

jsnepo

Kagari said:
Repeat offending... topic derailments...

Ironic that he got to derail another thread by being banned.

I'm now subscribed to the EU blog in case they do a live blog of the conference.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The-Warning said:
I wasn't paying too much attention, but didn't Nintendo purposely do that with the Wii and Wii fit?

I'm not sure... the latest example I can think of is IIRC the iphone launch, were apple purposefully arranged things so there were people overnight queuing for the second day in some stores to generate more publicity,even though they actually had the stock to serve those people on the first day (this is what I read anyway in some book).

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Oh shit, so the epicness starts tomorrow? I need to shop for some junk food in the morning then!

BeeDog

chubigans said:
I don't get the appeal of white consoles. They're almost always ugly. Bah.

Well, at least you won't clearly see massive sausage-lard fingerprints on them, that is, if the surface of said console is shiny as fuck.

alternade

Wollan??? Probably one of the reasons i joined gaf after lurking for so long. sad to see him go ;_;

But a silver slim PS3 is all i want and if not that a matte black PS3.

I need to check my work today to see if eurogamer is black as i doubt ill be able to make it into this thread:lol

BeeDog said:
Well, at least you won't clearly see massive sausage-lard fingerprints on them, that is, if the surface of said console is shiny as fuck.

lol

my phat ps3 is covered in micro scratches.... even though i clean it with an air duster, microfibre cloth and car polish.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I still don't think the slim is going to happen. It's either going to be a megaton or this thread is going to turn into a clusterfuck of epic proportions. I'm looking forward to either event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom