• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

Wow, one more day. I can no longer afford the thing near launch anymore, but I am still excited! Whatever happens, we will know, and that's all that matters at this point!

cyberheater said:
I still don't think the slim is going to happen. It's either going to be a megaton or this thread is going to turn into a clusterfuck of epic proportions. I'm looking forward to either event.

i wonder if we'll get to 10,000 posts before i wake up for work tomorrow. :D

Sascha23

Banned
Sorry if someone already posted this, but I went back a few pages and couldn't find.

What's the official presser start time for Sony again?

Kaz will walk on stage and say nothing. Then, behind him on a large screen, Rick Astley's 'never gonna give you up' will hit and a video of Jack Tretton, Andrew House, and Yoshida dancing around Cakefoo's mock up will play.

Kaz will then point at the crowd, laugh, roll into a ball, and roll away off the stage.

dazed808

cyberheater said:
I still don't think the slim is going to happen. It's either going to be a megaton or this thread is going to turn into a clusterfuck of epic proportions. I'm looking forward to either event.

AND here we go again :lol
The thread = this

cyberheater said:

Well, everything you posted a few pages back turned out so well, why wouldn't this?

H_Prestige said:
There's no way it can't be happening tomorrow if this thing is launching 9/1. At any rate, the 80gb is done, and something has to be replacing it.

Sony will shortly be announcing a new 20 gig phat sku to compete with the discontinued pro 360.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
elrechazao said:
Well, everything you posted a few pages back turned out so well, why wouldn't this?

We'll see one way or the other tomorrow won't we...

XanatharDeath said:
And why exactly ? You don't want a cheaper and smaller PS3 to hit the market ?
He's probably going to laugh because of all the meltdowns and everything. I'm hoping for a PS3 slim announcement tomorrow but if it doesn't get announced, I'll probably :lol and then :(

Crisis said:
Co-signed. That's the one thing that bugs me. Fingerprints come off. Those don't.

You're doing it wrong. The fingerprint-fats combined with a thick dust-layer (the PS3 creates its own electromagnetic-field for this even on standby) are supposed to protect your PS3 from microscratches to chainsaw-attacks by jealous buddies.

@the people doubting the Slim, are you aware of all the hints/information? I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong, but I'm curious because I think it's hard to stand by this opinion if you have seen all this info to this point.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
D4Danger said:
I think that's a talk you need to have with your parents.

io2idl.jpg
2hs46cn.gif
1zqyaus.gif

spwolf said:
flood gates opened last week i believe.... it was tiring... i think quite few are gone though so its better now :)

ah ok mate, I thought there was more around than normal np.

Mr.NiceGuy

Banned
guys is the general consensus that the Slim will have a 120 HDD ? if the answer is yes that leads me to the next question, how is it possible with the rumored 299$ price ?

[Nintex]

SolidusDave said:
You're doing it wrong. The fingerprint-fats combined with a thick dust-layer (the PS3 creates its own electromagnetic-field for this even on standby) are supposed to protect your PS3 from microscratches to chainsaw-attacks by jealous buddies.

@the people doubting the Slim, are you aware of all the hints/information? I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong, but I think it is hard to have this opinion if you have seen all this info to this point.
They very first GamesCom rumor was that the PS3 would be announced together with something Madden related for PS3. That doesn't make any sense considering Europe doesn't care about Madden. There's plenty of evidence that there's something going on, a price drop a possible new SKU etc. But I haven't seen any proof that a PS3 Slim will actually be announced at GamesCom during Sony's yearly E3 recap for the European press.

Just to put another theory out there. Sony could launch the PS3 slim with the PS Wand and do a full system relaunch.

Mr.NiceGuy said:
guys is the general consensus that the Slim will have a 120 HDD ? if the answer is yes that leads me to the next question, how is it possible with the rumored 299$ price ?

Since both essential pieces of information in your post are the most basic conjecture with zero confirmation other than thousands of opinions on "what makes perfect sense", there's no real answer, beyond "we'll see".

[Nintex] said:
They very first GamesCom rumor was that the PS3 would be announced together with something Madden related for PS3. That doesn't make any sense considering Europe doesn't care about Madden. There's plenty of evidence that there's something going on, a price drop a possible new SKU etc. But I haven't seen any proof that a PS3 Slim will actually be announced at GamesCom during Sony's yearly E3 recap for the European press.

Just to put another theory out there. Sony could launch the PS3 slim with the PS Wand and do a full system relaunch.

Complete derailment, but does madden ever chart in europe at all, like in the top 20? I know fifa sells all right in the us, but nothing like europe. Any numbers anyone has offhand?

in before let me google that for you :(

Mr.NiceGuy said:

Yes. My understanding is that the hdd is a fixed cost for ps3, so the amount Sony pays for 80gb, 120gb, or 160gb hdd's is probably about the same they payed for 20gb, 40gb, and 60gb hdd's a couple of years ago, and that there isn't much of a difference in cost between the various sizes to begin, at least for Sony. Older, smaller hdd's apparently become more expensive to buy in bulk once they are outdated, hence sku upgrades like the 40gb to 80gb model.

[Nintex]

elrechazao said:
Complete derailment, but does madden ever chart in europe at all, like in the top 20? I know fifa sells all right in the us, but nothing like europe. Any numbers anyone has offhand?

in before let me google that for you :(
The question would be: "Does Madden release in Europe at all?" I've never found a copy of Madden on store shelves.

noah111

Still Alive
Mr.NiceGuy said:
Yes, it's almost certain at this point that the slim will be 120GB, but that's not to say there aren't two SKUs.. and no one really said anything about the price, all that is pretty much speculation, could be 299, 349, 399 who knows.

androvsky

elrechazao said:
Since both essential pieces of information in your post are the most basic conjecture with zero confirmation other than thousands of opinions on "what makes perfect sense", there's no real answer, beyond "we'll see".

Doesn't the original picture of the Slim box art say 120 GB?

Sentry said:
Yes, it's almost certain at this point that the slim will be 120GB, but that's not to say there aren't two SKUs.. and no one really said anything about the price, all that is pretty much speculation, could be 299, 349, 399 who knows.

There will definitely be two sku's. That seems to be the strategy for a lot of devices these days. 250gb is the alleged model that replaces the 160gb (sort of confirmed by amar IIRC).

androvsky said:
Doesn't the original picture of the Slim box art say 120 GB?

Yes it does.

As for the price. Sony said they reduced costs by 70% putting the cost of the system around $300. A lot of that cost savings have probably come from a smaller system. If it's around $300, Sony could sell it at almost breaking even for $300.

H_Prestige said:
There will definitely be two sku's. That seems to be the strategy for a lot of devices these days. 250gb is the alleged model that replaces the 160gb (sort of confirmed by amar IIRC).

I'm really annoyed @ the 2 SKU setup. But I guess I can let it slide for Sony to actually make profit on one system. Include an older game with it as well or something. As long as the cheaper SKU is $299.

spwolf

[Nintex] said:
The question would be: "Does Madden release in Europe at all?" I've never found a copy of Madden on store shelves.

lazy ass, yes it does... i think it was in the middle of top 10 this week in UK, there is PAL charts thread of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom