• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

____

pseudocaesar said:
What the hell do you do to your ps3 to warrant two replacements?!

1st one (launch 60gb) had the YLOD, the replacement they sent me wouldn't play the Killzone 2 demo. Other than that, I didn't have any problems with that one, but I had to play that demo so I sent it back and they sent me a 3rd one. That one (which I still have) hasn't given me any problems, although I've only had it 3 months. JUSSSSSTTT passed the warranty. :lol *knocks on wood*

Paracelsus

Goldrusher said:
Why suddenly go back to just "PlayStation" even though the game only releases on the PS3 ?

Because US are shunning PS3 as if it's bundled with Swine Flu, so they sort of want to remind them that's still a "prayshtashun"?

Methinks.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Goldrusher said:
Even worse. Or will there be an inFamous for PSone ? Or at least for PS2 and PSP ? The "PlayStation family" ?

As I said, every system had its own voice. Why suddenly go back to just "PlayStation" even though the game only releases on the PS3 ?

Americans aren't buying the thing, so it's obvious SCEA is upping their marketing.

From another thread... seemed more appropriate here given all the amatuer detective work that's gone on so far. :lol

gofreak said:
There's a french ps3 fansite here that claims the whole slim PS3 thing is a fraud, that they've spoken to someone claiming to have made it all up.

http://www.ultimateps3.fr/news-ps3-2493-exclusive-ups3-ps3-slim-pictures-are-fake.html

Dunno if you should believe that or not, but figured sceptics might appreciate a link to it :p

(One thing mentioned that I don't think is true is the claim that Li & Mo Associates isn't an actual law firm. Googling around you can find legal directories with people who are now working at ' Li & Mo Associates ' in Taiwan, so I don't think that's true).

-WindYoshi- said:
I agree. It's so much more appealing... smooth and sleek like the PS2 logo - the way the PS3 logo should have been from the beginning. I find the spiderman font to be kind of tacky and EXTREEEME! if you know what I mean.
Agreed. But honestly, I wish they would have just stuck with that squared off PS2 font. IMO that was the coolest looking and had the most impact as far as setting themselves apart.

playstation2logo.jpg

gkryhewy

Psychotext said:
From another thread... seemed more appropriate here given all the amatuer detective work that's gone on so far. :lol

Then they made a motherboard on the basis of an old Atari console, and managed to make it work on a TV with RCA cables. So this was just a PS3 that could play old fashioned Atari games. Total cost : about 280$.

SOLD!!!

Burai

shitonmychest57
WickedCobra03 said:
Agreed. But honestly, I wish they would have just stuck with that squared off PS2 font. IMO that was the coolest looking and had the most impact as far as setting themselves apart.

playstation2logo.jpg

Which is nice and all, but the PS2 and PSP logos look the same at first glance as it is. Adding another logo to the mix isn't going to help.

-viper-

Banned
WickedCobra03 said:

playstation2logo.jpg
yeah that logo looks good.

Turk

I call bullshit on the French article.

Article seems to be talking about this POS:
2vuy843.jpg

The leaked images looked way to accurate in little details like outputs and inputs.
PS3_Slim_Back_comparePS3.jpg

WickedCobra03 said:
IIRC Kutaragi picked the Spider-Man font over that one because of the shape of the console. He thought that the squarish font would only fit a rectangular console like the PS2, and the PS3 needed something sleeker and rounder...

The "slim" PS3 logo fits that line of thought.

Midas

Turk said:
I call bullshit on the French article.

Article seems to be talking about this POS:
2vuy843.jpg

The leaked images looked way to accurate in little details like outputs and inputs.
PS3_Slim_Back_comparePS3.jpg

Yeah, that what was came to my mind when reading this. But you never know, do you? :)

Boss Man

This thing looks like it was made in China. It looks extremely cheap. Before the PSP Go reveal, I figured this was just a cheap knockoff.

What are the chances that this will have PS2 BC (zero, I assume)? I've got a launch 60GB PS3 with a 250GB HDD that I love, but it's a damn furnace and I'm starting to get weird graphical problems that aren't looking very healthy.

Sapiens

StateofMind said:
This thing looks like it was made in China. It looks extremely cheap. Before the PSP Go reveal, I figured this was just a cheap knockoff.

What are the chances that this will have PS2 BC (zero, I assume)? I've got a launch 60GB PS3 with a 250GB HDD that I love, but it's a damn furnace and I'm starting to get weird graphical problems that aren't looking very healthy.

Yup, zero.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
StateofMind said:

Where the fuck do you think they make the PS3, 360, and Wii? Japan?

Boss Man

Raist said:
You mean like any other PS3 out there? (or at least a good proportion)
Well, notice the emphasized looks. I realize that pretty much everything is made in China, but this thing looks like something you'd buy on the side of the road. Maybe better photos will change my opinion.

Raist

Banned
StateofMind said:
Well, notice the emphasized looks. I realize that pretty much everything is made in China, but this thing looks like something you'd buy on the side of the road. Maybe better photos will change my opinion.

O would expect much from grainy photos taken by a crappy cell phone or something. I don't think it'll look any different than the current PS3 models. Only tinier.

Bernbaum

I have no take on the matter, just re-posting from Kotaku:

Kotaku said:
According to Chinese site UDN, Sony have signed production contracts with two companies to begin manufacture of the rumoured PS3 "Slim", with a delivery date of...oh, next month!

Now, with a PS3 price cut heavily expected around August, and with stocks of the existing 80GB PS3 supposedly dwindling, a July delivery date for the "new" PS3 makes sense. Ship it out in July, have it ready to sell in stores for August.

That is, if it's real. Which, remember, it may not be!

StateofMind said:

:lol
Ether_Snake said:
Where the fuck do you think they make the PS3, 360, and Wii? Japan?

Let me check where my HP(an American company) keyboard was made it must be made in America..... WTF This Cheap Piece of Shit was Made in China!?!?!?!?

Shins

Banned
InterMoniker said:
:lol

Let me check where my HP(an American company) keyboard was made it must be made in America..... WTF This Cheap Piece of Shit was Made in China!?!?!?!?
Following his unnecessary explanation (though, people who need italics explained are morons), you really look stupid.

Shins said:
Following his unnecessary explanation (though, people who need italics explained are morons), you really look stupid.
Fuck off forum bot maybe i don't post hear as much as you guys and I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not douche bag.

Wollan

I went to a local store today and there was no PS3 consoles to be seen. The X360 and Wii had plenty in stock. Came home and checked the store website.
It's Elkjøp which is Norway's (and I believe Scandinavia's) biggest electronic franchise and the number of PS3's in stock are 0. Nation wide (you can check individual stores). Not in any of the capitol locations, none of the larger cities, none at all anywhere. Not even the online store. Completely dry.

The August PS3 Slim release rumor sounds very likely right now to me, at least in Europe.

Banned
Wollan said:
I went to a local store today and there was no PS3 consoles to be seen. The X360 and Wii had plenty in stock. Came home and checked the store website.
It's Elkjøp which is Norway's (and I believe Scandinavia's) biggest electronic franchise and the number of PS3's in stock are 0. Nation wide (you can check individual stores). Not in any of the capitol locations, none of the larger cities, none at all anywhere. Not even the online store. Completely dry.

The August PS3 Slim release rumor sounds very likely right now to me, at least in Europe.

When does Sony release their April-June Quarter results? If they are clearing the channel we should see a very low shipment number.

wotter

taken from here:
So here's the deal.

I was walking around this underground marketplace in the Philippines, hoping to get a good deal for a PS3. Lo and behold out of nowhere i saw the PS3 slim. It looked EXACTLY like the rumored photos. I asked the guy and he said it was brand new and that our country had it first. I have a video and a few details.

What I know:

- It has a 120GB HDD.
- Two USB Ports
- The 'touch' button for eject and on seems to be gone, and there are now these random buttons.
- The ps icon is now white instead of colored.
- No more card reader
- PLAYSTATION 3 is gone, rather its PS3. It says this on the bottom as well for some reason.
- The guy was selling it with a Dualshock 3. Whether it is compatible is another matter.
- The guy was selling it for 20,000 pesos, which is roughly £250, which is roughly $410

Pic:
2crueis.jpg

Movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUBn...2eb5cff937c057bc43a2c&feature=player_embedded

real or not gaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom