• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jax (old)

Banned
looks real to me. But I don't get why some shitty shop in the philippines would get it first + why the "video" is so badly shot. You'd hold it in shot so you can see it as a whole instead of the constant camera shaking and moving around like that.

wotter said:
taken from here:

Pic:
http://i25.tinypic.com/2crueis.jpg[IMG]

[B]Movie:[/B]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUBn3_5IbGE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fultimateplaystation.com%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D20%26t%3D3950%26sid%3Dd9ae31c9df02eb5cff937c057bc43a2c&feature=player_embedded[/url]

real or not gaf?[/QUOTE]

There must be a rule somewhere that states that if you leak something, it must be blurry... How hard is it to take a clear picture or video...

DieH@rd

Banned
At least its expensive. If it was some cheap knockout that plays Super Mario and Duck Hunt, it will be waaaay much cheaper than 410$.

Jax said:
looks real to me. But I don't get why some shitty shop in the philippines would get it first + why the "video" is so badly shot. You'd hold it in shot so you can see it as a whole instead of the constant camera shaking and moving around like that.
At least if the actual location of said "shitty shop" was mentioned (i.e. Greenhills), I could send some folks out to confirm it and get some better media.

Seeing how a lot of these places get their product via dubious means from China, it wouldn't surprise me terribly that a Slim would surface in Manila before anywhere else. Looks legit to me.

iceatcs

BelligerentOC said:
There must be a rule somewhere that states that if you leak something, it must be blurry... How hard is it to take a clear picture or video...
Not sure if you are leaker before. Yep it's true, you ONLY can take some pictures with Vaseline on the len. It is way of the rule.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
BelligerentOC said:

look like he used his phone's camera , the still photo is clear enough ( the thing is way close , if he put it on the table it will be better ) but the video was pure shit .

it , uh look real to me , I dunno , but I just can't believe Sony is that stupid to ship PS3 Slim to retailers before the actual announcement of the damn thing .

DMeisterJ

Banned
Totobeni said:
look like he used his phone's camera , the still photo is clear enough ( the thing is way close , if he put it on the table it will be better ) but the video was pure shit .

it , uh look real to me , I dunno , but I just can't believe Sony is that stupid to ship PS3 Slim to retailers before the actual announcement of the damn thing .
To have it there as soon as it's announced? Who knows what's real and not at this point.

I can't wait for the day that I get to scoop something, I'm going to take tons of pics and videos, and none blurry.

iceatcs

Totobeni said:

If real, I will more believe it was from black market not Sony sent to them.

Looks exactly like what was leaked initially, so I would say it's real. Still looks ugly as hell, but whatever it takes to make it cheap I suppose. And I'm not surprised some shop in the Philippines managed to get its hands on one illegally.

Wasn't there a recent rumor that two Chinese plants got orders from Sony to start shipping these out in July?

-x.Red.x-

DMeisterJ said:
I can't wait for the day that I get to scoop something, I'm going to take tons of pics and videos, and none blurry.
I know right, if I find something leaked i'll take SO many hd pictures in my 8gb MS:D

and video of course

Pachimari

It's not real, simple as that. I'm half filipino, half danish - living in Denmark but going on vacation to the Philippines a lot. There's this underground market everywhere, were they sell copied consoles in new cases. This is the case with this video yet again, i simply can not trust it, when it comes from the philippine market, as i know that underground market too well as my own pocket. That product is to me nothing official from Sony.

Why on earth would you not fucking buy it and sell the story to the press? How stupid can you get. Buy it, film an unpacking, sell the unit to the highest bidder. Well done, idiot. You just skipped out on money and actually making a story as opposed to "blurry picture #17 of PS3 Slim".

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Karma said:
Philippines first? This makes it seem like a fake now.
there's nothing 'first' there - it's not a legitimate merchant, they may have raided a cargo ship out of china, for all we know. the location is close enough to china to be a believable spotting.

i still don't get it what's with the ufology approach to internet documentation, though.

panda21

:O

so was this whole ps3 slim thing an elaborate hoax to sell knock off consoles in fake cases?!

wow

either that or its releasing like this month.. otherwise shit just wouldnt make sense...

Jeseus

looking fake??

24e9z6x.jpg

Paracelsus

panda21 said:

so was this whole ps3 slim thing an elaborate hoax to sell knock off consoles in fake cases?!

wow

either that or its releasing like this month.. otherwise shit just wouldnt make sense...

Unless Secret PS3 Game is actually Secret PS3 period, and it's getting unvealed at Leipzig (or Tokyo?).

Also, 403 error here too.

Banned
B-Rad Lascelle said:
At least if the actual location of said "shitty shop" was mentioned (i.e. Greenhills), I could send some folks out to confirm it and get some better media.

Seeing how a lot of these places get their product via dubious means from China, it wouldn't surprise me terribly that a Slim would surface in Manila before anywhere else. Looks legit to me.

You have people that do things for you? Lucky you. I wish I had people. Anyway, get them out there now.

DieH@rd

Banned
Paracelsus said:
Unless Secret PS3 Game is actually Secret PS3 period, and it's getting unvealed at Leipzig (or Tokyo?).

Also, 403 error here too.

Games Convention will be held from July 31 to August 2.

Zoc

The idea that this is just some knockoff (like the "Vii," "Wee," "Wu," etc) seems to me to be the most plausible.

Not credible until I hear someone has bought it and used it to play PS3 games, or Sony puts out a press release.

Karma said:
Philippines first? This makes it seem like a fake now.

Ya this is kind of the nail in the coffin I think. There simply no way an actual PS3 slim would end up in the Philippines in one of their dodgy markets.

This whole thing must have been a knock off product from the start. Probably just a DVD player or something.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Karma said:
You have people that do things for you? Lucky you. I wish I had people. Anyway, get them out there now.

but to where ? we don't know the shitty shop's name or location .

Zoc said:
The idea that this is just some knockoff (like the "Vii," "Wee," "Wu," etc) seems to me to be the most plausible.

clones like Vii , FunStation 3 ..ect will not copy design of unreleased System , they do that for famous system to fool some people , and they won't put huge ass " PS3 " on the thing , and won't use USBs .

also this shitty shop sell PSP , real PSPs , so it's not Zbox , Vii , PolyStation store .

Sage00

Once And Future Member
That store probably sells stolen merchandise, and thus got a hold of a shipment of the new PS3 Slims while they were being shipped (which is currently, since Sony placed orders for July).

Timbuktu

Vinterbird said:
Correction:

19th of august till the 23th of august.

But that seems like the place to announce the Slim right now.

isn' that gamescom in Köln? leipzig is cancelled this year and GDC europe is directly before gamescom.

Timbuktu said:
isn' that gamescom in Köln? leipzig is cancelled this year and GDC europe is directly before gamescom.

Köln is the new Leipzig show more or less. Leipzig is still around, but it is strictly mobile and web focused now. GDCEurope is the three days before the GamesCom show starts, but if Sony has a Slim to announce. It will be during the press conference day of the show.

reminder

Timbuktu said:

Well, Leipzig isn't cancelled, it's called Games Convention Online now and it focuses on online/browser games. But yeah, GamesCom in cologne is the new important european event.

Sage00 said:
That store probably sells stolen merchandise, and thus got a hold of a shipment of the new PS3 Slims while they were being shipped (which is currently, since Sony placed orders for July).

If someone really did steal unannounced & unreleased samples of a high profile product like the PS3, they would not just put it up for display out of the box in open market and let random tourists come up to touch it and shoot videos that end up on youtube.

This is simply an impossible scenario even in Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom