• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

1cesc said:
Why does every leak have to be "intentional"? Are you guys that dense?
1fvjf7.gif

Why I never!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
3borgman said:
Untitled-1-1-1.jpg

I tried to touch up the photo in photoshop and it looks like its going to be the same length as the original ps3

wow nice dude .

here the Slim look decent enough and not too damn ugly ,I guess other colors like White may be better on it than grey/black.

Totobeni said:
wow nice dude .

here the Slim look decent enough and not too damn ugly ,I guess other colors like White may be better on it than grey/black.
I'm feeling this look since I rock an MGS4 matte gunmetal gray model. Only thing I have an issue with is the... wait.

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe those odd circles over the touch-buttons are either a strange decision to blur em in Photoshop or like plastic cover stuff you pull off before using the device for the first time?

jts

...hate me...
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe those odd circles over the touch-buttons are either a strange decision to blur em in Photoshop or like plastic cover stuff you pull off before using the device for the first time?
Nice dude. Those things don't even look right. I'm going with that.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Would be very odd to have that both in the box shot and the image we just got.

Psychotext said:
Would be very odd to have that both in the box shot and the image we just got.
Looks pretty distorted on both ends. And who knows, maybe awesome backlit LED symbol action will be going on in those circles if they're really.

Loudninja

Psychotext said:
They just look like curved / raised soft touch push buttons to me. But I guess there's every chance we'll find out soon enough.

No I still see the same eject button that are on the other PS3 systems, it just blur out for some reason.

cakefoo

DoctorWho said:
Slimmer design might physically change the HDD placement in the system. That would be a huge selling point for me if I were to pick one up to replace my dead 60 gig.
According the the supposed anonymous tipster on N4G:
It's still replaceable and will actually be slightly easier as it has been relocated to the front of the console.

And I have no idea what this means, or if it's true either, but it's hdd-related, so...
Keep a very close eye on the hard drives shipped with newer PS3's. In a few months (or possibly sooner), something strange is going to start happening.

Machado

Tiduz said:
i wonder if its 299 if the new excuse is that it looks horrible :lol

I think it looks quite good, $399 will be its price which of course will make it look ugly, once ity goes down to $299 it'll look nicer and more appealing

Why do people still think the slim is going to be 399? There's no way that Sony would release a cheaper model, with cheaper parts, less features, no bundled games, for the same price. Remember when the 80GB was introduced at the same price as the 60GB it was a superior model with a larger HD and a game included (okay, slightly worse BC). The slim is not going to be 399, no way.

Machado

vicissitudes said:
Why do people still think the slim is going to be 399? There's no way that Sony would release a cheaper model, with cheaper parts, less features, no bundled games, for the same price. Remember when the 80GB was introduced at the same price as the 60GB it was a superior model with a larger HD and a game included (okay, slightly worse BC). The slim is not going to be 399, no way.

349 you say???

I firmly believe they'll cost $399 at least for 3 months to see how the public reacts to it, then they may lower the price, who knows...new slim model, new advertisement, a couple of chep-ass kids games and a white model could sustain the $399 pricetag for quite a while

Machado said:
349 you say???

I firmly believe they'll cost $399 at least for 3 months to see how the public reacts to it, then they may lower the price, who knows...new slim model, new advertisement, a couple of chep-ass kids games and a white model could sustain the $399 pricetag for quite a while

No. The entire industry, including the mainstream press, has been non-stop in berating Sony over the price of the PS3 for over a year now. If they release the exact same damn piece of hardware with a slightly larger HDD and smaller size (which is absolutely pointless on something that never moves) at the same price, it'll be a bloodbath.

Agent X

vicissitudes said:

They'll probably introduce it at a higher price so that they can clear out stock on the older models first. They want to blow those units off the shelves to make room for the slim PS3. Once the older model has disappeared from most stores, then you might see them drop the price of the slim PS3 shortly afterward.

The idea behind this is that people who aren't picky about aesthetics would naturally gravititate toward the cheaper model, while the person who feels that he must have the latest gadget can pay a premium for the hot new model (and Sony might make some extra money in the process).

Machado

Valkyr Junkie said:
No. The entire industry, including the mainstream press, has been non-stop in berating Sony over the price of the PS3 for over a year now. If they release the exact same damn piece of hardware with a slightly larger HDD and smaller size (which is absolutely pointless on something that never moves) at the same price, it'll be a bloodbath.

they will reduce the price, the phat PS3 will be $299, sony announces a slim, a pricecut and everybody feels happy, those who want the $299 get the abomination, those who want the slim with two shitty games packed in as a premium bundle fork $399

those who want the slim at $299, wait 3 months

for sony: win-win in a weird kinda way

Machado said:
they will reduce the price, the phat PS3 will be $299, sony announces a slim, a pricecut and everybody feels happy, those who want the $299 get the abomination, those who want the slim with two shitty games packed in as a premium bundle fork $399

those who want the slim at $299, wait 3 months

for sony: win-win in a weird kinda way

Which would have made sense up until the recent rumors that Sony will be taking delivery of the new units sooner than many had guessed, plus reports that the stock of fats is dwindling faster than anticipated. So even if the slim does debut at $399 alongside the regular ones at $299, the slims would have to drop to $299 even before the holiday season due to them being the only units available.

Core407

Banned
TheHeretic said:
It looks like one of those $30 console clones made in china, which is almost certainly what it is. The video is too low quality to discern anything useful.

It just looks bad. :\

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Core407 said:
It just looks bad. :\

but the question is

if you dont have a ps3, and this one is cheaper, would you pay more just for a bigger glossy console?

or would you buy the new one and complain about the high price?

:p

Machado

Valkyr Junkie said:
Which would have made sense up until the recent rumors that Sony will be taking delivery of the new units sooner than many had guessed, plus reports that the stock of fats is dwindling faster than anticipated. So even if the slim does debut at $399 alongside the regular ones at $299, the slims would have to drop to $299 even before the holiday season due to them being the only units available.

this makes no sense, they could drop the price to $299 for many reasons but not because it's the only ps3 in the marketI guess 399 with 2 shitty games 349 with no games or anything

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
oh damn, didn't see this until now.

I'm surprised at how thin the PS3slim looks in that video. nice.

but I am surprised there are still people who think this is all fake :lol

Zhuk

Banned
vicissitudes said:

I would agree but after the PSP Go! price debacle who knows what Sony is capable of, they seem adamant on raising their profitability.

HUELEN10

Honestly, I don't see how this WON'T be 400 USD. Maybe 350, but not 300, I mean really? A cheaper unit is a chance to make money, or at least lose less! If they keep the price, the image will help sell the product, how much so of course is to be seen.

But yeah, I really would be shocked if it didn't come out at 400 USD.

Rhindle

The fact that they seem to be pushing to release it during the summer indicates that they want to get at least a few months of $400 sales before they have to cut the price in the fall. Even if they just sell 500K units at $400 rather than $300, that's an extra $50 million in the bank.

HUELEN10

Rhindle said:
The fact that they seem to be pushing to release it during the summer indicates that they want to get at least a few months of $400 sales before they have to cut the price in the fall. Even if they just sell 500K units at $400 rather than $300, that's an extra $50 million in the bank.
BINGO

VegaShinra

Where's Sin with all the Slim information? :lol

Didn't Ars Technica say they would be shipping them during July/August? TGS will be the official announcement and Sony will have a price drop for Madden. They basically pulled the same type of thing with the price drop and then bigger HDD 80GB version right after E3.

Burai

shitonmychest57
TheHeretic said:
It looks like one of those $30 console clones made in china, which is almost certainly what it is. The video is too low quality to discern anything useful.
It really doesn't. Look at the attention to detail on it. I've seen shitty knock-offs first hand and they are all Genesis controller ports and composite AV ports and cheap plastic.

There's no way a nasty clone would come with USB ports, HDMI and that little PS family logo. That's just far too much effort for a Famiclone.

Tobor

TheHeretic said:

Were you one of the dudes claiming the Go was fake right up to the second of it's announcement as well? :lol

It's going to be absolutely hilarious watching you naysayers be wrong about about a Sony hardware leak twice in a row.

VegaShinra said:
Where's Sin with all the Slim information? :lol

Didn't Ars Technica say they would be shipping them during July/August? TGS will be the official announcement and Sony will have a price drop for Madden. They basically pulled the same type of thing with the price drop and then bigger HDD 80GB version right after E3.

Post 136 in this very thread:

Tobor said:
Were you one of the dudes claiming the Go was fake right up to the second of it's announcement as well? :lol

It's going to be absolutely hilarious watching you naysayers be wrong about about a Sony hardware leak twice in a row.

I never said anything about the Go, and I don't really care if its real or not. It looks fake to me, and if its real its not a very compelling design at all.

Burai said:
It really doesn't. Look at the attention to detail on it. I've seen shitty knock-offs first hand and they are all Genesis controller ports and composite AV ports and cheap plastic.

There's no way a nasty clone would come with USB ports, HDMI and that little PS family logo. That's just far too much effort for a Famiclone.

The origin of the leak is simply suspect. As for how it looks, never doubt the length hoaxers will go.

Tobor

TheHeretic said:
I never said anything about the Go, and I don't really care if its real or not. It looks fake to me, and if its real its not a very compelling design at all.

Sorry to single you out, your post was just massive deja vu.

This isn't the leak, by the way. The Slim was leaked and unofficially confirmed in May. This is just another nail in the coffin.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
TheHeretic said:

The origin of the leak is simply suspect. As for how it looks, never doubt the length hoaxers will go.

Dude, seriously, read the beginning of this very thread.

Thrakier

VegaShinra said:
The PS2 slim wasn't the hottest looking piece of hardware either.

WAT? The PS2 slim imo is the most sexiest console ever made, especially the new one. <3 I have to see this thing in real life to judge it, it's also smaller obviously. I'm fine with the shape and stuff, but the buttons look horrible and the "PS3" letters are too far to the right. Other than that it's ok. If you have a 60gig every other console will look like shit, even the 80gigs with their plastic front. So if my 60gig breaks again, I'll buy a slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom