• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they did make one! :lol

Last time I went on a trip there 5 years ago, they had a (S)NES version of the Original PS2 and I've seen various other "consoles" when I used to live there as a kid.

HUELEN10

Zhuk said:
mr-burns-wallpaper-774616.gif

How deliciously evil of Sony if its true
I still think it is possible. Would a late September/early October launch be really that far fetched?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Dra-Q said:
A friend of mine from the Philippines send me a photo of the content of the PS3 slim's box.

http://i32.tinypic.com/o8rvyd.jpg

As you can see, Sony did everything possible to make the console cheaper. Wired Controller without sticks and rumble, external powersupply and they even removed the touch-sensitive buttons on the front. The biggest news but is, the PS3 slim will be DD only - like the PSP GO. But they're also increasing the value of the console. The slim will be bundled with a GunCon 4 by Namco and will be even smaller than a PSX.

The price for this slim bundle is rumoured to be
$499

amfqfs.png

AdvanS13

Neo Member
Dra-Q said:
A friend of mine from the Philippines send me a photo of the content of the PS3 slim's box.

As you can see, Sony did everything possible to make the console cheaper. Wired Controller without sticks and rumble, external powersupply and they even removed the touch-sensitive buttons on the front. The biggest news but is, the PS3 slim will be DD only - like the PSP GO. But they're also increasing the value of the console. The slim will be bundled with a GunCon 4 by Namco and will be even smaller than a PSX.

$499

with nes control ports!

DieH@rd

Banned
Dra-Q said:

o8rvyd.jpg

$499

1246911790588.gif

:lol Awesome, but this is not the same as one that was shown in that vid from Philiphines :D

Zhuk

Banned
God's Beard said:
Why does he take off his shirt? :lol

it seems to be popular amongst degenerate teenagers to take off their shirts when fighting to show their masculinity, which is usually non existant.

Redd

Dra-Q said:

So you can't put PS3 games that you buy at a store into this new model? That can't be real because if it's true.................wow.

Dra-Q

Banned
Redd said:
So you can't put PS3 games that you buy at a store into this new model? That can't be real because if it's true.................wow.

Sony preparing 'good will' Bluray program for PS3 slim owners, you heard it first.

PlayStation 3 Slim Madden Bundle Coming in August?

Just a few days ago we speculated about IGN's Podcast which referenced the PS3 Slim console as being real.

Today it appears 1UP wants their turn to add some PS3 Slim hype to the Internet in a Podcast of their own, as follows:

Download: Listen UP - 1UP Podcast

In this week's episode, David Ellis stated that the PS3 Slim is coming in August and that it will bundled with Madden NFL 10.

The transcript below can be heard at the 01:26:14 mark.

To quote: “It’s gonna be in August. Everything I’ve heard says it’s coming in August, it’s tied with Madden.”

Sony has previously confirmed Madden’s release date is August 14... once again only time will tell, eh?

Read more: http://www.************/PlayStation...madden-bundle-hits-this-august/#ixzz0LoHXM2NE

:O

Goldrusher

It's gamescom. All lowercase, and com, not con.

Also, Sony could announce the slim 4 days early, sort of like they did with the PSP go at E3.

Hydrargyrus

In August?
Why?
There are no games (except this Madden)!!

Isn't it better to make on October, for example? Very near to the Christmas, with plenty of games...

Wollan

Get it out at the earliest possible date. The 40gb started to take over X360 sales two months after it's release, it needs time to integrate.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hydrargyrus said:
In August?
Why?
There are no games (except this Madden)!!

Isn't it better to make on October, for example? Very near to the Christmas, with plenty of games...

I think there are 2-3 games in September too that are relatively high profile. And Madden is huge!

Dra-Q said:

o8rvyd.jpg

Out of everything, I think the DB-9 controller connectors are my favorite. Cross-compatibility with 2600 and Sega Master System will be a huge value-add :lol

amar212

Also feel free to expect 120GB and 250GB SKU's.

First for normal people, second for keeping the price high and making money on people that can't resist big numbers on boxes.

expy

Banned
jsnepo said:
I hate multiple SKUs. Just release one please. No more of this premium SKU stuff.

Backwards compatibility aside.

The 20GB was the only SKU with a hardware difference (no wi-fi). The 60GB also sported the card-reader bay. Every SKU afterwards had the same hardware. There was a reduction in the number of USB ports and the removal of the card-reader bay though, but that isn't major.

Pretty much every PS3 has the same core components. I wouldn't classify any SKU except the 60GB as "premium".

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I wonder if Ellis has heard something specifically or if he's just going on the same general feel that a lot of analysts etc. have. That Sony will pricecut in time for Madden in the US.

It mightn't be a huge leap of the imagination to see a Slim release coincide with that if they were going to pricedrop then, although that would be a little early compared to what we were hearing before.

rnwd

Banned
Doesn't really matter. By keeping vague, if he's right, he can take credit for it. If not, well, it'll just fade into the noise of so much other baseless speculation.

Dra-Q said:

http://i32.tinypic.com/o8rvyd.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Looks legit. I'd go for it.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have seen those EA Sports/PS3 ads a lot lately. Seems like EA and Sony are spending a good deal of money to advertise for the console. A Madden timeframe to announce/launch a new system and/or to cut the price on the existing doesn't sound all that far-fetched.

obonicus

expy said:
The 20GB was the only SKU with a hardware difference (no wi-fi). The 60GB also sported the card-reader bay. Every SKU afterwards had the same hardware. There was a reduction in the number of USB ports and the removal of the card-reader bay though, but that isn't major.

Didn't the NA/JP 80Gigs have software BC, while the 40Gigs didn't?

Every ps3 is the same outside of hdd nowadays, so multiple models doesn't make a difference. Actually I kind of wish Sony would offer a premium model with the ps2 chip on board.

H_Prestige said:
Every ps3 is the same outside of hdd nowadays, so multiple models doesn't make a difference. Actually I kind of wish Sony would offer a premium model with the ps2 chip on board.

You know, if they're really going to add PS2 software emulation on a firmware update. They just dont need to sell that kind of premium package.

jsnepo

H_Prestige said:

Then that I would call a premium. Honestly, I care more about PS2 backward compatibility than wifi or HDD capacity. This is why when news came out that the 60GB was going to be discontinued two years ago, I bought one. The backward compatibility of the early 80GB is not enough for me. Too bad my 60GB got YLOD that's why I'm hoping for a firmware update that will allow PS2 backward compatibility with a high rate. I can dream.

iceatcs

I'm starting think the media doing the anti-PS3 strike again. Seen they are all like knew it will come very soon even they don't have valid proof, it will make more blaming on Sony if it is nothing happen on the Summer.

jsnepo

caliblue15 said:
Think I found the answer (don't know if this has been discussed just hear me out).

Ok guys check this out. On the side of your PS3 games in the red box. Look at that font. Now look at the PS3 slim rumored font on the Top or Box. Its exactly the same. Does this mean its real or someone is really good at faking it. I'm leaning towards that its real.

(It is different from the PSP/Ps2 font, but since its the same font as the PS3 box cases it just pretty much makes it real for me.)

I'm looking at it. It's using the Spider-Man font.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom