• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoDad

yeah, i was thinking it was the PS3 trailer font at the end, then looked at the old pics and it was just rounded like the PSP, sorry i'm stupid. was just playing NCAA and it hit me. lol

noah111

Still Alive
That would be a really smart thing, releasing it so close to Madden. If they don't show the Slim at GC then it won't launch in August, though it pretty much confirms that they'll announce it at TGS and release it in late Sept/sometime in October.

If the slim will cost $400 why would it make people want to buy Madden along with it exactly? Or do they expect people to buy a $300-350 phat?

Gomu Gomu

caliblue15 said:
yeah, i was thinking it was the PS3 trailer font at the end, then looked at the old pics and it was just rounded like the PSP, sorry i'm stupid. was just playing NCAA and it hit me. lol

wtf junior? change your avatar.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
iceatcs said:
I'm starting think the media doing the anti-PS3 strike again. Seen they are all like knew it will come very soon even they don't have valid proof, it will make more blaming on Sony if it is nothing happen on the Summer.

what i was thinking too

if ps3 slim doesnt come so much nerdrage will be had :lol

rnwd

Banned
Sentry said:
If the slim will cost $400 why would it make people want to buy Madden along with it exactly? Or do they expect people to buy a $300-350 phat?
Because it'll be 299!

:- (

Kibbles

Shiggy said:
Sony seems great with announcement leaks. Another one happened with European releasedates just a week ago:
planning2009.bmp
Wow, way to exploit MJ's death. =\

lupinko

Kibbles said:

It's not real, already been debunked, and even if it was real, doing a Michael Jackson SingStar was a no-brainer, also taking into considering he's a SME artist, and they've already done SingStar ABBA and SingStar Queen, so is SingStar Queen exploiting Freddie Mercury's death too?

thejared

Kibbles said:

gotta strike while the iron is hot. personally i think they should've had this out yesterday. and how do you know all the money wont go into a Michael Jackson relief fund?

Sony has always been good to their artists, studios and game developers. Thats why everyone loves to work with them.

noah111

Still Alive
lupinko said:
It's not real, already been debunked, and even if it was real, doing a Michael Jackson SingStar was a no-brainer, also taking into considering he's a SME artist, and they've already done SingStar ABBA and SingStar Queen, so is SingStar Queen exploiting Freddie Mercury's death too?
Where was it debunked exactly? Also, I believe Sony has some connections/rights to some of his music, so it's not too far fetched to see it happen.

caliblue15 said:
There was nothing wrong with my pic. I use the same pic everywhere. there was no nudity, it was just a cheerleader..
Worse has been posted in certain threads, but still it was kinda NSFW for an avatar. ;)

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Sentry said:
Where was it debunked exactly? Also, I believe Sony has some connections/rights to some of his music, so it's not too far fetched to see it happen.

Worse has been posted in certain threads, but still it was kinda NSFW for an avatar. ;)

Damnit it missed it. Was it the one with the cheerleader on the bus?

LegoDad

Gomu Gomu said:
Well, it was NSFW.

Well I'm Sorry. I didn't think it was, and I've used it across the interwebz for years, never had a problem. I read the FAQ and didn't think it was bad at all. I could have just changed it with a simple PM.

I was too busy playing NCAA hoping to get platinum tonight.

lupinko

Sentry said:

SCEE already debunked it, and what I mean by that is, that release list stating SingStar U2 and SingStar Michael Jackson are planned. Not to say there will never be a SingStar Michael Jackson, but there isn't one coming out right away.

The only artist-specific SingStars coming up are SingStar Take That and SingStar Motown.

Massa

thejared said:
gotta strike while the iron is hot. personally i think they should've had this out yesterday. and how do you know all the money wont go into a Michael Jackson relief fund?

Sony has always been good to their artists, studios and game developers. Thats why everyone loves to work with them.

Well, as a record company they suck like all others. Just ask Fiona Apple for example.

Egmont

Neo Member
expy said:
I live in Quebec, and I'm pretty sure they write his name the same way in French.

It appears you are correct.

A recent headline from La Monde -- "Le roi de la pop, Michael Jackson, est mort - Culture - Le Monde.fr"

Maybe they misspelled it on purpose so they wouldn't need the license, like the Vii. :lol

sneaky frenchmen

expy

Banned
CookieChip said:
Names dont get translated :lol

Sometimes they do, but that's mostly for older names. Reference to historical names such as Christopher Columbus would be Christophe Colomb in French...

iceatcs said:
I'm starting think the media doing the anti-PS3 strike again. Seen they are all like knew it will come very soon even they don't have valid proof, it will make more blaming on Sony if it is nothing happen on the Summer.

I will laugh so hard if this was all an intricate stunt pulled by Microsoft.

iceatcs

vicissitudes said:
I will laugh so hard if this was all an intricate stunt pulled by Microsoft.
That will be awesome crazy but every companies even Microsoft & Nintendo are victim in past, for example next Xbox along Natal next year and Wii HD too. I mean why it is on topic first place. No one know.

If you mean rumour on August with Madden, I agreed with comment above. But this one is more seriously because PS3 slim shell and retail box leaked and early we got crappier video on market.

crist ostie de calisse de tabarnak!!!
wise words when dealing with Montreal traffic,
this reminds me of the time when I ran into town to retrieve my launch PS3 (Microplay on Mont-Royal ave) between my former suburban home to a mid-town retailer in between my path to work.
looking back at it, I was way too hasty :lol

expy

Banned
CookieChip said:
Whoa what? That's real? :lol

If you watch or hear about a lot of the "dubbed" movies that are released in French (I know from experience here in Montreal) you'll hear a lot of names being murdered by horrible translation... It's sad... :(

ajcastillo said:
it seems that uncharted 2 among thieves is coming out that day supposedly but its still rumors by now

Come on man, just change your avatar. Everytime you post someone calls you out for it. Just change it.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Itsintheairtonight said:
so 64 pages of nothing but pure speculation. Impressive .

a slim ps3 for 199 would be nice though.

32 pages. evidence was found and scrutinized in the first dozen or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom