• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
caliblue15 said:
Component is Red/Blue/Green/Red/White... Composite is Red/Yellow/White... you can't use one cable for the other.... Component goes up to 1080p but is useless on the PS3 as you can't upscale to HD on copyrighted items without the HDMI cable...

so you've never seen a 360 video cable then? It has this natty little invention called a switch.

BenjaminG

Banned
NinjaFusion said:
not sure why... it;s not like it'll actually be news by then.

Doubters will be harassed with "I told you so", quoting pages from 2 months ago.

Fanboys will be announcing their desire to buy another.

Fanboys will be announcing their pleasure with the price.

Haters will denounce exclusion of every first party game, as bonus.

There will be chest beating. There will be bannings. And oh yes, there will be blood.

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
BenjaminG said:
Doubters will be harassed with "I told you so", quoting pages from 2 months ago.

Fanboys will be announcing their desire to buy another.

Fanboys will be announcing their pleasure with the price.

Haters will denounce exclusion of every first party game, as bonus.

There will be chest beating. There will be bannings. And oh yes, there will be blood.

are Juniors always this overdramatic?

BenjaminG

Banned
dogmaan said:
are Juniors always this overdramatic?

Haha. Its a Gen Y thing. Also marks the first time referred to as Junior in potentially negative context. Been visiting the forum daily for the last year whilst waiting for account approval.

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
BenjaminG said:
Haha. Its a Gen Y thing. Also marks the first time referred to as Junior in potentially negative context. Been visiting the forum daily for the last year whilst waiting for account approval.

sorry buddy, Gen Y?

TheBranca18 said:
War has changed.

Are we ID Tagging the juniors now?

[Nintex]

BenjaminG said:
There will be bannings. And oh yes, there will be blood.
iqdc02.jpg

Donos

My local MediaMarkt (Germany) changed their PS3 prices from last week.
It's now 339€ for a 80GB PS3 (DS3) with GT5P and Ratchet & Clank Future bundled. I think there is no doubt that "something" is coming. Let's see.

Donos said:
My local MediaMarkt (Germany) changed their PS3 prices from last week.
It's now 339€ for a 80GB PS3 (DS3) with GT5P and Ratchet & Clank Future bundled. I think there is no doubt that "something" is coming. Let's see.

I've seen 80 GB standalone units for 329 € for a while now. It doesn't get a lot cheaper than those bundles, only that they're not official.

[Nintex] said:

Love it.

I hope somewhere does have videos of the conference either live, or recorded so we can watch them back later, like the Heavy Rain gameplay reveal last year. I don't know much about Andrew House so it will be interesting to see how he conducts himself on stage and in interviews at the event. Trettons the best 'presenter' they have out of the ones I have seen. They dearly miss Phil as the face of the 'team'. I was watching the GDC 07 conference last night and felt a little sad that he's gone.

The Slim of course will go down very well in Europe and Japan, but Sony really need to get more sales in the US. Other than GOW III do they have a system seller for the US? In the EU we have Gran Turismo still to come, GOW III, and in Japan they still have Final Fantasy XIII, Level-5's games, a potential new Wild Arms etc.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
g35twinturbo said:
nope, none of them have it.

Which is pathetic. It's sad that the console in third place is the only one with wifi AND ethernet built-in.

Loudninja

Sony and the PS3

The 80GB model is going to see some serious hardware constraints in the weeks ahead, and retailers have about 60 days worth of inventory before the systems will become hard to find. Expect to see many more 160GB units on store shelves. Those units have no constraints yet, but if the retailers sell through that supply as quickly as they did the 80GB, Sony is in a good place for the final part of its plan in 2009: dropping the price of hardware and launching the PS3 Slim in the fall.

So far this seems to be true,the article was posted in June btw.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/06/mole-exclusive-ps3-360-price-drops-coming-this-fall.ars

Kinan

Loudninja said:
A day before Gamescon.

its a day of Sony conference... Gamescom is starting from Monday actually, but open for general public only from 19th.

I'll be there at 19th...

Kinan

panda21 said:
i hope they streams this. do gamescom usually stream their shit?

Well, its first gamescom ever, :) so its hard to say. Previous Europe conference was in Leipzig, there was some streaming occasionally, but not consistently.

The hype for Sony conference is going through the roof though, so I would not be surprised if we get even multiple streams for that.

SolidSnakex said:
Nope. You have to keep an eye on live blogs.

I remember seeing the Sony pc from last year (and not the "cut"-version that appeared later on the store), but I don't remember if it was live, was probably just a video later uploaded by some news site.

I guess the Home-team is not ready for a live-stream yet? (and not just later showing the same video-segments you can download from the store)

Sony did a video recording at e3, but not their own livestream like MS.

LegoDad

NinjaFusion said:
so you've never seen a 360 video cable then? It has this natty little invention called a switch.

Did you read my post on how I responded yes but I wasn't talking about that when posting...

TheBranca18 said:
Actually you can.

If your going straight hookups yes, but not on a gaming console, as those cables are specifically made to output only in component or composite... Instead of just having the normal plugs coming out. Again unless you have the 360 cable which i state again with the switch are not the greatest, its better to just have one cable then two switched together.

And we already moved on from this subject... It also feels as though someone always has to come up with some smartass remark to prove everyone just the tiny bit wrong.. it feels as though I'm talking to myself.. lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
SolidusDave said:

Sounds premium-ish. Unless it's just oddly worded english. If true, I just hope they keep online play free. A content related subscription service (i.e. subscribe and get a certain number of PSN games per month or something) would interest me, if the math makes sense of course.

Lord Phol said:
Question, why is this thread 97 pages long, has there been a confirmation yet?

There's been enough dribs and drabs of info to keep this thread chugging along all this time :p

Loudninja

Mikey Jr. said:
"Now you can enjoy more value-added services such as online gaming, PlayStation®Home and exclusive membership offers."

I do NOT like the sound of that.

Then again, who the fuck would pay for Home?

Things like Qore are the membership offers.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Reading the whole thing in context I think they're just promoting upgrades to their website.

"Dear PlayStation®Network Member,

Sony Computer Entertainment Hong Kong Limited shall launch a new upgraded PlayStation®Network Membership service on 18th August, 2009.Now you can enjoy more value-added services such as online gaming, PlayStation®Home and exclusive membership offers.

Login the PlayStation®Network's "My Page", you can quickly and easily check your trophy lists and friend list with your PC. What's More! You can also get 90-day free warranty extension* by registering your purchased products* in your PlayStation®Network account. Don't miss it.

Sign in the below page with your PlayStation®Network account and register your PlayStation® consoles.
http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/support/p/productreg
(this link will be effective from 18th August, 2009)

For any enquiry, please call the Customer Service Center
Service hour:Mon – Sun: 9am – 8 pm

The second paragraph describes the 'new service'. It's coincidence it'll be available from the 18th.

agaru

Mikey Jr. said:
"Now you can enjoy more value-added services such as online gaming, PlayStation®Home and exclusive membership offers."

I do NOT like the sound of that.

Then again, who the fuck would pay for Home?
Well reading that sentence, it tells me that online gaming and Home will get some sort of upgrade while still being FREE. The membership part is probably for something else like Qore as loudninja said or maybe a new Home-related service.

gofreak said:
Reading the whole thing in context I think they're just promoting upgrades to their website.

The second paragraph describes the 'new service'. It's coincidence it'll be available from the 18th.

mhh makes sense :/ odd coincidence for the date (Sony themselves lay out these traps to win the bet for the most disappointing pc ever? ^^)

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
androvsky said:
I remember the same things from that interview. I think it would've been a GDC 2007 interview if that helps any.

Thx. Yeah, I was fairly sure it was a GDC 2007 interview, because I remember where I was when I watched it. I was at that particular office until May 2007, and I believe that was the only conf. of note that took place in the time frame I'm thinking of...

I went through a dozen of interviews, but I couldn't find the right one. I think it was a part 2 of a part one that I caught yesterday, but I couldn't find the sequel. argh.

qwerty2k said:
i adore the shiny finish of the current ps3's and would be sad to see it go :(

Me too.

I have a feeling the "Slim" is not going to be used widely among fans. The two Fat and Slims will going forwards be referred to as "PS3 Shiny" and "PS3 Dull".

AndyD said:
I also remember the same stuff. He even said that all models would swith to software to provide parity and easier support across the board which is weird I guess.

I wonder if we all caught the same interview, and it was the only one in which he let it 'slip'. Now, I can't find the interview. *Hmmmm*... Conspiracy!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom