• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby_fox

Banned
You guys want it to be harder? Fine. Sakurai confirms he is never coming back to Smash after this installment. His hands have basically become too injured to play test, and because of that he doesn't see himself returning to Smash. Nintendo decides it will take its time to find a suitable replacement, so we won't get a Smash NX game and will have to wait 10 years for the next game. If that game ever winds up happening.

You can only choose 2 of the characters below for the final DLC characters. They may be the last characters ever added to Smash or returning to Smash. There are no problems bringing any of them into Smash, so there's no tech issues or legal issues.

3kTvrpE.jpg

Choose wisely.

It depends on what is the plan regarding the actual presentation topic-and-phase-to-thread handling... and the presentation's date. If it's December 30th, then, well, umm...

Golnei

It depends on what is the plan regarding the actual presentation topic-and-phase-to-thread handling... and the presentation's date. If it's December 30th, then, well, umm...

In that case, it might be easier to just start the thread for the December presentation a little earlier - even if it has to sit there for a week, it makes more sense than another speculation thread that'll die off immediately afterwards.

Choose wisely.

That's not exactly the most likely scenario, but in that context I'd pick the Inkling and Phoenix Wright.

Have you noticed that all the DLC characters are clones? It's amazing.

Lucas: Ness Clone
Cloud: Sephiroth "Clone"
Mewtwo: Mew Clone
Roy: Marth Clone
Ryu: Shoto Clone

Which only makes the pain of losing one of Brawl's clones forever even more unbearable...

TDLink

You guys want it to be harder? Fine. Sakurai confirms he is never coming back to Smash after this installment. His hands have basically become too injured to play test, and because of that he doesn't see himself returning to Smash. Nintendo decides it will take its time to find a suitable replacement, so we won't get a Smash NX game and will have to wait 10 years for the next game. If that game ever winds up happening.

You can only choose 2 of the characters below for the final DLC characters. They may be the last characters ever added to Smash or returning to Smash. There are no problems bringing any of them into Smash, so there's no tech issues or legal issues.

Choose wisely.

Easy. Wonder Red and Ridley. I would love Inklings but they would be a shoe-in for the next smash regardless of if Sakurai was doing it or not.

JazzmanZ

Choose wisely.

Banjo and Chibi-robo :)

Clov

Choose wisely.

In this case... I think I'd go with Wolf and K. Rool. Sorry Inklings!

Choose wisely.
Ridley + Bayonetta. Not even hard.

Azure J

Choose wisely.

This is hard mode. Holy shit.

Takamaru and Inklings free.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
He modeled himself after Zack, but he still technically is one of the Sephiroth clones/copies, since he did go through the experiments in Nibelheim.
I thought he only had J-E-N-O-V-A cells and was not an actual clone. It has been years since I played FFVII.

Zubz

Banned
Choose wisely.

Oh, yikes. I mean, Ridley and Wonder Red are hands-down my Top 2, but outside of Kamek, Paper Mario, and Young Link, I'd want them all! This means I have to be the guy who'd turn down Bomberman, Daisy, and Bayonetta; that's just evil.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
In that case, it might be easier to just start the thread for the December presentation a little earlier - even if it has to sit there for a week, it makes more sense than another speculation thread that'll die off immediately afterwards.

I'm not sure if we should start Decemember Presentation early because moderators are pretty strict about hype thread lately or view our thread as DLC Thread #2. I guess I will send the message to moderators and see what we could do.

Choose wisely.

Dixie Kong and Wonder Red. Save Inkling for the next game.

Golnei

I thought he only had J-E-N-O-V-A cells and was not an actual clone. It has been years since I played FFVII.

None of the Sephiroth clones were actual clones; that's just the term for the test subjects who went through the same procedure as Cloud.

Some people will wait 10 years for Inklings to maybe appear in Smash...interesting.

If the franchise is managed well, it could maintain or grow in popularity by then. Of course, there's just as much chance of it fading into obscurity - either way, 10 years without a Smash game isn't something Nintendo would ever conceivably let happen.

Though it would be an oddly fitting sort of symmetry, considering the Splatoon team's relationship to Animal Crossing; and how long it took for the Villager to get in...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
*nods* It's fitting for our thread.

Thank you for reminding me. I want to know what other people's opinions? Should we let this thread running to it's course then make OT2 or just stick with this thread until we get Decemember Presentation?

I meant there are some threads that made over 40,100 to 42,000 this year in Community so I don't think moderators mind.

I thought 200 pages = new thread was the default rule?

Only choose two: Ice Climbers, Banjo, Inklings, K Rool, Isaac, Captain Toad, Waluigi.

He says while laughing in his head.
Inklings and Banjo & Kazooie. Easy.

Edit:

Choose wisely.
Inklings and Shovel Knight. Also easy.

Clov

Some people will wait 10 years for Inklings to maybe appear in Smash...interesting.

I'd love to be able to play as Inklings in this Smash, and they're one of my most wanted newcomers... but I wouldn't want this Smash to cut Wolf, and K. Rool is still my most wanted newcomer. If I had to rank newcomers I want in the series, it would be K. Rool, Ridley, and then Inklings. I guess I just feel like if I could only pick two, Inklings can wait.

I do think that Inklings will make it as DLC for this one, though. I think we're going to get more than 2 more DLC characters after Cloud, personally.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I thought 200 pages = new thread was the default rule?

Usually, yes but there might be no point to make 2nd thread since next month might be last month for speculation-wise.

I just asked moderator and he said it's okay for us to use this thread for awhile until we hear more details about Smash Presentatikn (like release date or so)

Choose wisely.

latest

"Hmm, that's a tricky one."

I'd definitely go with Snake and Ice Climbers, but at the same time I'd also feel bad about not bringing Wolf back.

December 6 seems plausible to me. That's the one year anniversary of the Wii U version's release in Japan.

I was thinking December 3rd. The last huge Smash update happened on a Sunday, and I think it worked out really well.

Now, the timing might have just been because of E3, but I really enjoyed not needing to take a day off to play the DLC right away.

I find the Cloud plus two other characters scenario a worst case, so I guess:

Wolf, Ice Climbers, Cloud

But I think best case is that they've decided to release three in December and announce three to be released later. So in this case:

Wolf, Ice Climbers, Cloud (Available after the December Direct)

Inklings, Chorus Kids, Snake (Available in the future)

I don't expect one case or the other, but I could forsee three characters in December not being the end. Or it could be. I dunno.

I'd like for it to be on December 3rd, to be honest. Not just because it's earlier (lol) but because it feels kinda like an important date for Smash. It was when Melee was released in NA and it was also the original NA release date for Brawl before it got delayed.

RK128

I think the Direct will happen early in December. Give time to have the update settle and allow people to buy eShop gift cards for Christmas and what not.

I see that being the case too; it will be the big release for early December for Nintendo while the Wii U also gets Xenoblade X sometime mid-December (not sure about its release date).

I feel that we will get the following:
-December 2015: Cloud, Wolf and Snake all come to the game; two stages (Midgar and Shadow Moses Island) and three character slots filled + new Square Enix and Konami Mii Skins. Releases after Smash Direct and three characters are announced for early 2016.
-February/March 2016: The three upcoming characters are Inkling, Paper Mario/King K. Rool, and a third party guest (indie or big-name publisher). Coming with the characters is two more stages (Inkopolis and a stage for the newcomer; plus porting over Paper Mario's stage to Wii U and porting over a Omega version of the Pirate Ship level to 3DS). Last batch of Mii Skins and two Smash 64 Stages brought back (Star Fox and Saffron City) and/or Melee Stages added (Fountain of Dreams, Pokke Floats, ect).

Or this could happen instead:
-December 2015: Cloud, Wolf, Pichu, and Snake released (plus two stages; Midgar for Cloud and Brawl's Shadow Moses Island for Snake) + Mii Costumes based on Square and Konami characters
-Feburary/March 2016: Inkling, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers or Third Party Guest (two new stages; Inkopolis for Inkling, new stage for third party guest) in addition to a Pokemon Stage (Pokke Floats from Melee, Pokemon Stadium 1 from Melee, ect) + Mii Fighter costumes for Pokemon and Third Party Guest (Rare: Joanna Dark, Kameo, Rash/Shovel Knight: Plauge Knight, Enchantress, King Knight/ect).

Roo

Choose wisely.

Inklings and Ice Climbers, easily.

Except for Dixie and (maybe) Rayman, I couldn't care less about the rest.

Choose wisely.

I'm a selfish person, so that's what dictates the choices. Anyway: Rayman and Impa. Throwing my childhood hero in Smash is worth it no matter what. Impa is... radically less obvious to my heart, but she's the least popular/controversial of the characters I like here, I think, except Wonder Red maybe. Nintendo is going to push Inklings and such no mater what, so they won't get forgotten, and Wonder Red... well I heavily doubt it will help him anyway.

Choose wisely.

still not hard for me, but my choices depend on what the basis of the choice is.
For just pure me-ness I'd pick Inkling and Ashley (Midna was tempting though)
For 'best character game' roster I'd pick Inkling and Bomberman: a mix of old and new gaming representation (though I'd make some of the costumes pretty bomber and max alts as they're some of the few recurring characters in the series along with a hero bomberman aka caped version because why not) :3

Platy

lmao people thinking Cloud is a clone, holy shit

Look, I am not saying he is a clone, but that Up+B of his is EXACTLY the same as Kirby's ....

Choose wisely.

The most hilarious (read "sad") part about my "please Tetris character for smash" is that people don't even remember L Tetrimino for crazy rosters like this one!
YOU PEOPLE JUST LOST ALL RIGHTS TO SAY THAT SOME CHARACTER IS IMPORTANT TO GAMING AS A WHOLE OR NINTENDO AS A REASON WHY YOU CHOOSE THEM ><

For your question, I take Sukapon and Inkling

PK Gaming

Choose wisely.

After careful consideration, taking history, innovation and series importance into account I've decided on my 2 choices:

King K Rool & Bayonetta

lmao just kidding, I picked who I wanted

Ryce

Tetris blocks aren't sentient or personified in any way, so I don't know why they're so commonly suggested as a character. It's like wanting to play as a patch of Zelda grass or an NES controller. Tetris blocks would make a lot more sense as an Assist Trophy or stage element.

Platy

Tetris blocks aren't sentient or personified in any way, so I don't know why they're so commonly suggested as a character. It's like wanting to play as a patch of Zelda grass or an NES controller. Tetris blocks would make a lot more sense as an Assist Trophy or stage element.

Well, ROB is a toy =P
And something like Sega Kart Transformed's AGES would be awesome, why not ?
Grass is already an item xD
...well not exactly the Zelda one but works the same =P

Second, Tetris is possibly the biggest game EVER MADE and is basicaly responsable for Nintendo being the GIANT on handhelds that it still is, so it kinda is a LITTLE bit more important than some piece of grass ¬¬

Assist Trophy is too small for Tetris, and both Assist trophy and Stage is too weird for a 3rd party deal and Smash NEEDS a Tetris representation bigger than a song =P

Ryce

Still, if any non character (and if anyone can do it, is sakurai) must be in smash is there is ANYTHING more qualified than the FIRST Best Character Winne, representing the BIGGEST GAME OF ALL TIME and the one that pushed nintendo as the MASTER OF HANDHELDS ?
There's no doubt that Tetris is huge, but that doesn't necessarily mean it should get a playable character.

Platy

There's no doubt that Tetris is huge, but that doesn't necessarily mean it should get a playable character.

Which is why I said "if the most huge can't have a playble character, than you should stop using being huge as a reason" =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom