• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

DeviantBoi

I've made good use of this double-everything weekend.

I think I got at least 300 fantasy points just on Saturday.

And I'm up to 18 FWOTDs for that Underworld quest.

Nyx

Didn't you read the patch notes? She got buffed. Her two got a cd reduction and her 3 now has 70% scaling (it used to be 40%). Her ults scaling also has 75% scaling. So people are playing her more which kinda sucks since I think she's one of the most unfun gods in Smite. Pain in the ass to play against and kind of difficult to play. The counter to her is beads the one and if those are down, don't get rooted. The root is the way she confirms all of her damage. If she can't land that root, Nox really can't do anything.

Not fun to play? Most fun to play if you ask me!
Didn't even notice the buffs tbh, good to know! :)

Have been doing quite well with her lately, lots of games with hardly any deaths and a shitload of assists.

Yesterday I noticed a teammate with low hp being chased by an enemy who also did not have much hp, but my snare was on CD. So I used her dash/escape and entered my running teammate, pressed R1 to get out of him, damaging the chasing enemy who I could then finish off with just 1 regular hit. Felt good! (The teammate survived too)

gogosox82

So been playing Jing Wei some more. I think she needs a rekit. Her abilities sound great on paper but don't work all that well together. I think she's only playable because the itemization for hunters is really good right now.

Did Ymir in Tilt Brush.

FEy4D0V.jpg

Based off this art.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So been playing Jing Wei some more. I think she needs a rekit. Her abilities sound great on paper but don't work all that well together. I think she's only playable because the itemization for hunters is really good right now.
If she could attack while popped in the air she would bring fine. But right now she has to cc herself to boost her attack

patchday

Did lots of Clash and Arena.

One Arena match I picked Nemesis for first time. Immediately a teammate says:
"Not Nemesis, she sucks in Arena!!!"

He was playing Basakura. By the end of the match I was in 2nd place. Granted, he was #1 in kills but wasnt bad for a first time Nemesis run ever :)

I wish Hi-Rez would just give in and change Khepri's ult so they can stop destroying him piece by piece.

Why? I lost count of the people I've saved with it. In fact my highest win/lose ration in the entire game is with Khepri.

Did Ymir in Tilt Brush.

That's amazing, great work. I tried VR with Tilt Brush a week ago and it was really fun.

Have been playing Smite this weekend.

Check out the final minutes of my last game. Check the score when the video starts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJtwVXR6J5M

Hahah, bloodlust will do that to you. I've seen players dive into enemy bases other times and it never ends well for them (I've yet to see one kill their prey before they die).

If she could attack while popped in the air she would bring fine. But right now she has to cc herself to boost her attack

You know, that's exactly what she needs. I find myself avoiding the self-buff because the few seconds of doing nothing is rarely worth it, and I don't want to waste the dash to get out of it. Perhaps attacking out of any pop up would be a bit much, but at least out of her own one.

Check out the final minutes of my last game. Check the score when the video starts:

That was a really stupid choice by that Freya.

I wish Hi-Rez would just give in and change Khepri's ult so they can stop destroying him piece by piece.

Without his ult Khepri would be a trash tier guardian.

He doesn't have the setup/initiation of Athena/Ymir, he doesn't have the damage of Bacchus/Ares/Khumba and, without his ult, he's not on the level of Geb when it comes to defense.

His ult is strong (and annoying to play against) but without it he would probably need a rekit/rework to bring him more in line with the other guardians.

Hahah, bloodlust will do that to you. I've seen players dive into enemy bases other times and it never ends well for them (I've yet to see one kill their prey before they die).

Kali is really the only one to get away with it, maybe Ao as well if he can get his ult off.

You can see a Kali fountain dive here during a pro match. It secured the guy a penta as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXvVGRdRvsg

It's not that I don't like Khepri's ult, it's just that people do nothing but complain about it so Hi-Rez ends up nerfing Khepri in ways he doesn't deserve. I love Khepri but he just doesn't feel that fun to play as anymore with the way he's been torn down over the course of several patches.

Kali is really the only one to get away with it, maybe Ao as well if he can get his ult off.

You can see a Kali fountain dive here during a pro match. It secured the guy a penta as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXvVGRdRvsg

Yeah, that video was posted a little back and it's awesome. I love Kali, it's the only assassin I have mastered (unless I also have Arachne).

Without his ult Khepri would be a trash tier guardian.

He doesn't have the setup/initiation of Athena/Ymir, he doesn't have the damage of Bacchus/Ares/Khumba and, without his ult, he's not on the level of Geb when it comes to defense.

His ult is strong (and annoying to play against) but without it he would probably need a rekit/rework to bring him more in line with the other guardians.

It's not that I don't like Khepri's ult, it's just that people do nothing but complain about it so Hi-Rez ends up nerfing Khepri in ways he doesn't deserve. I love Khepri but he just doesn't feel that fun to play as anymore with the way he's been torn down over the course of several patches.

Ah, so the issue is that it's too strong, not too weak, I see. Khepri is indeed quite weak otherwise so I see how this would make for a balancing problem (it's not an ultimate that's easy to tone down without making it useless).

gogosox82

That would be a welcome change but I think the interaction between her 1 and 3 just don't work that well and needs to be changed. The one is really her only damaging ability besides her ult and its impossible to hit people with it so its basically just a as steroid which would be fine if I didn't have to cc myself to use it. I would rather it either be a bigger cone so you can actually hit people with it or make it a line ability and gave her the buff passively. Her 2 doesn't last long enough. Its really needs to be a duration and not 3 shots. Her 3 is just shit. Its way too short to be even called an escape. Its really weird that they gave her a movement ability only to have it be totally useless for escaping. It needs to either be longer or make it like Nem's dash where you can dash twice with in 2 seconds. Ult I'm ok with but still doesn't do enough damage. Right now, she just ok but that's due to hunter items being good not because her kit is good.

The greed is real with that Freya. I'm honestly surprised how many people have no problem diving fountain on ps4. Seen it way too many times and its always surprising. Only god I would try it with is Kali if they were my target and maybe AO.

Too late. They have nerfed him so much if they touched his ult he would be trash.

DeviantBoi

I'm done with the last Underworld quest!

30 FWOTDs in 7 days.

Now, back to Uncharted. I no longer feel obsessed to finish any quests in Smite (unless there's a new event starting tomorrow when the new patch hits).

I'm done with the last Underworld quest!

30 FWOTDs in 7 days.

Now, back to Uncharted. I no longer feel obsessed to finish any quests in Smite (unless there's a new event starting tomorrow when the new patch hits).

They have actually been teasing about a new upcoming Norse event. It will be shown off on the stream Wednesday (tomorrow).

gogosox82

I've been seeing a lot more Raigin lately. Not sure why. Also, I don't like him but the Grim Mariachi skin for Loki is pretty cool. If I liked Loki I would definitely try to get that skin.

DeviantBoi

I don't play with Chaac or Kali, but that Ymir AP might sound cool.

And you can't participate in the event unless you pay 900 gems, unlike the Underworld event.

Heads up for those of you with the SPL ticket you can now vote on the Aussie winter split which starts off on the 28th.

You were asking about this recently Deviant, well here you go!

If you're unsure of who to pick keep in mind that Pandamonium are probably the best current Aussie team with Tainted minds a close second.

Avant Garde and Dire Wolves are also decent.

gogosox82

Just read the patch notes. New Rat kit looks fun. He's got a ton of cc now. Don't know about the knockup on the ult he's got a ton of cc now. Don't really feel like he needs it with all the cc he's going to have.

I like the Valkali Kali skin. Don't care about the rest tbh. And I really don't see why people are complaining about Skadi's mastery cards. They look really nice to me *shrugs*.

I like the change to Soul Eater and it probably should've always worked that way but I'm not sure it will be picked up. Asi is still cheaper and has pen and devo gloves take longer to stack but the stacks never go away and it gives power (I think 50 or 55) which is a lot early game. Could be good on ability hunters like Neith who usually build a lot on pen and need lifesteal and as and don't have a steroid in their kit. I guess we will see.

I really don't understand why they keep giving these buffs to Gods like Agni and Pos. They are in a good spot right now and don't really need buffs.

Suprised at no nerf to Kali and Susano. I thought for sure they were going to nerf his one but I guess they are going to wait since they did just rework the jungle. Honestly if they just raised the price on Qins, Kali would probably be out of the meta. I know that would hurt a bunch of other gods that like Qins but that would probably fix it.

I am really hyped for that Ymir announcer pack.

Not sure how I feel about Rat changes. Maybe I need to actually play as him, but I didn't hate his old kit and it's a totally different kit now. I wish they had kept the dashes and multiple acorns, but oh well.

I really can't have an opinion though. I never played Rat much, nor was I ever good with him.

drotahorror

New Rat looks busted. His self healing is pretty crazy.

What are peoples thoughts on Susano? I feel like he sucks but I have only played 1 match with him (and still did top damage).

He seems more like a warrior with the way he's ability based, doesn't wreck shit like some assassins. Kind of just annoys people, sucks'em up, warps to them etc.

What are peoples thoughts on Susano? I feel like he sucks but I have only played 1 match with him (and still did top damage).

He seems more like a warrior with the way he's ability based, doesn't wreck shit like some assassins. Kind of just annoys people, sucks'em up, warps to them etc.

That's exactly what he was designed to do. He's built as a harrasser who's hard to get away from but can't burst you. I've only played him once in Assault but I played with that in mind and did pretty well.

drotahorror

That's exactly what he was designed to do. He's built as a harrasser who's hard to get away from but can't burst you. I've only played him once in Assault but I played with that in mind and did pretty well.

I'm sort of drawing a blank (and assassins are my most played role) but what other assassins are just harrassers and can't kill well? Not sure why I asked that when I just looked....

There are none, short of Nemesis. Every other assassin has it's moments be it early game or late game where they can wreck someone.

If that is Susano's role, then I feel he should have just been a warrior.

You can say that some of the assassins transition into harrassers late game (thor, thanatos, fenrir, bastet) but besides nemesis (who used to be a warrior ha) there are no assassins that are full time harrassers.

There hasn't been a new assassin since Rat, I feel like Hirez just said F it and turned Susano into an assassin when he should have been a warrior.

Is it really? I haven't bothered to try him on the PTS yet but the heal that I saw during the stream was tiny. Maybe it scales up as you build more power on him.

He's good, I like him.

I don't feel like his damage is too strong, he just has the ability to stay with you no matter what or very easily get away.

His 2 also sets up a lot kills for his teammates if used at the right time.

I'm sort of drawing a blank (and assassins are my most played role) but what other assassins are just harrassers and can't kill well? Not sure why I asked that when I just looked....

There are none, short of Nemesis. Every other assassin has it's moments be it early game or late game where they can wreck someone.

If that is Susano's role, then I feel he should have just been a warrior.

You can say that some of the assassins transition into harrassers late game (thor, thanatos, fenrir, bastet) but besides nemesis (who used to be a warrior ha) there are no assassins that are full time harrassers.

There hasn't been a new assassin since Rat, I feel like Hirez just said F it and turned Susano into an assassin when he should have been a warrior.

I think they're just trying something different, but I do agree he's on the borderline of assassin and warrior along with Nemesis and I'd argue Thor (who iirc used to be a warrior too). Regardless, I think he's fun. Considering how easy it is for him to stick to people, I'd be hesitant to give him more damage.

drotahorror

Thor rips early game though. Up to level 11 or 12 he's an early game ability monster. And yeah, you're right he used to be a warrior. Osiris used to be an assassin, that was kind of silly. I remember when he came out people going full assassin on him with rage and DB.

I dunno, I just don't agree with the 'assassin' role for Susano. We haven't got a true assassin since rat, and here they are reworking him to be more of a harrasser it seems as well. Maybe his abilities do tons of damage, I haven't played him yet but from what I've seen he's more in line with Susano.

And yeah his heal is very good with some power, Rat's that is. I think a 10-15% heal off one ability is pretty bonkers tbh.

gogosox82

Yeah the heal on Rat is going to be pretty crazy. Like I said, seems like an awful lot of cc. He's gonna have a knockup, a stun, a 40% slow, and 24% protection shred. And he's going to be able to dash a lot because of the one's cooldown being lowered by using abilities(kind of like Guan Yu) and he's going to be able to heal on all of his abilites instead just one like he could with emerald acorn.

Haven't played Susano yet but people seem to think that his one does a little too much early game. It does have high base damage so that probably explains it.

MLC got benched. Disgusting. I only had a grain of interest in EnvyUs after the shitstorm of roster changes and poor attitudes going into S3, and it's all gone now. Really hope things pan out for MLC, he's my second favorite pro player.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I didn't like Rajin much when I first played him. I still think Ametarasu is a bit more underwhelming then I wish she was. Jing Wei is annoying, but ultimately kinda meh for me...

... but Susano, やれやれ, mattaku! LoL, he's so full of control, it feels more like I'm playing a mage or guardian. The thing I'm most surprised about with his 1 is that it's so much so quickly. I'm surprised you don't get, say, Part 2 at lvl 2, part 3 at lvl 3. He might seem bloated, but I prefer this, not because it makes him o-so-broke or anything, but because it makes the fact that people LOVE overpicking the same characters in Smite less of a problem, since he can feel bits of multiple roles.

Rat's Rekit sounds pretty nice, it's also bloated, but It's a nice compromise to the utility he was suppose to offer originally. Can't wait to see it in action personally.

I HATE XING TIEN'S NEW ULT SPEED. It feels SO , SO useless, people can WALK out of it, lol. Ares at least forces you to use your CC beads. He doesn't even do THAT.

gogosox82

I didn't like Rajin much when I first played him. I still think Ametarasu is a bit more underwhelming then I wish she was. Jing Wei is annoying, but ultimately kinda meh for me...

... but Susano, やれやれ, mattaku! LoL, he's so full of control, it feels more like I'm playing a mage or guardian. The thing I'm most surprised about with his 1 is that it's so much so quickly. I'm surprised you don't get, say, Part 2 at lvl 2, part 3 at lvl 3. He might seem bloated, but I prefer this, not because it makes him o-so-broke or anything, but because it makes the fact that people LOVE overpicking the same characters in Smite less of a problem, since he can feel bits of multiple roles.

Rat's Rekit sounds pretty nice, it's also bloated, but It's a nice compromise to the utility he was suppose to offer originally. Can't wait to see it in action personally.

I HATE XING TIEN'S NEW ULT SPEED. It feels SO , SO useless, people can WALK out of it, lol. Ares at least forces you to use your CC beads. He doesn't even do THAT.

Yeah XT ult is trash now. Impossible to catch people with it. I guess you can use the root on your 2 and then ult but they will just beads out of it. No idea why they made it so slow now. At least he got his root back though.

Not sure why they slowed down the wind up at all. It was already one of the easiest ults to avoid and he doesn't need any nerfs. It's odd they felt the need to do it considering how similar Ares' ult is while being an "instant" cast.

drotahorror

MLC got benched. Disgusting. I only had a grain of interest in EnvyUs after the shitstorm of roster changes and poor attitudes going into S3, and it's all gone now. Really hope things pan out for MLC, he's my second favorite pro player.

Word, MLC was one of my favorites. It sounds like it's for the better honestly, sounds like he wasn't having fun at all.

Was great seeing ALG beat Envy though, loved it. MLC is/was the only person I liked on new Envy.

Not sure why they slowed down the wind up at all. It was already one of the easiest ults to avoid and he doesn't need any nerfs. It's odd they felt the need to do it considering how similar Ares' ult is while being an "instant" cast.

Ares' is rather worse as it doesn't incapacitate enemies until the end, and only briefly. The better comparison, I think, would be Mercury, who has a very similar effect (incapacitates, lets other enemies hit you, throws you in a direction of his choice) as a _normal skill_; it's just single target, but otherwise very similar and, indeed, instant, if I remember correctly.

Ares' is rather worse as it doesn't incapacitate enemies until the end, and only briefly. The better comparison, I think, would be Mercury, who has a very similar effect (incapacitates, lets other enemies hit you, throws you in a direction of his choice) as a _normal skill_; it's just single target, but otherwise very similar and, indeed, instant, if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure you can really compare Merc's 3.

It's not instant as you dash to the enemy, then for a bout 1 second you run around them while picking your direction to throw them and then you throw them. The enemy you throw is held in place during the 1 second but once thrown there is no stun (there is a small window before they hit the ground for Merc to get a basic in though).

Also another difference is that Merc is not cc immune during it. You can't stop an Ares or Xing once they've started to ult but Merc is just as vulnerable during his 3 as the enemy he is about to throw.

DeviantBoi

That feeling when you use your Kraken ultimate right after Ares uses his ultimate and you end up with a Quadra Kill.

It was a very tight match at the Arena . We ended up winning by like 7 points.

Nyx

Had an Arena game yesterday in which our team got slaughtered by Ares, Hades and some other god(s) with AoE.
Ares used his chains to pull people in and then Hades and the other god(s) with AoE spells would kill off (almost) our entire team.
This happened 6-7 times in the game, felt bad man.

gogosox82

No boots build are legit on hunters. I've been running no boots on different modes with Artemis and it totally works. I go GB for the power and ms. Then Fatalis for the attack speed, ms, and the passive. Then either asi or devo gloves for lifesteal depending on whether I want to stack or not. I think devo gloves is better once fully stacked but you have to stack which is annoying and devo is more expensive than Asi and you do get some pen in Asi so I still tend to go Asi. Then I go into crits. If I'm ahead deathbringer, malice, and wind demon. If I'm behind, wind demon, malice, and a titans bane. If you get ahead, its probably gg because your going to crit like every other attack on Artemis and you have great boxing potential with the fatalis even if you don't crit. Only issue is no pen for tanks and objectives but you will two or three shot the mages or hunters on the other team. So you could get a titans last item even if your ahead but I'd rather get more crit. I haven't tried it on other hunters yet but I think this would work on Apollo and Rama and probably Amc since they have really high as steroids. I would probably still do the trans build on Neith, Medusa, and Ullr though.

Top Bottom