• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Medusa is dope.

I do decent with Medusa but she comes off as kind of boring imo. Also if the other team is paying attention she should never get her ult off unless she can time turning a corner really well or Athena.

It will probably be between Apollo, Neith, Hou Yi or Ullr.

Navid

Neith is the closest one to rank 10 for me, I also find Cupid to be fantastic as well... If anything I've had the most success with him compared to any other hunter I own/played.

Skadi is OK but you kinda have to be quite careful with how you position yourself unlike the above two which you can go in more aggressive with. Artemis and in particular Apollo are the two that I don't feel strongly about.

I've been playing since beta and don't have anyone above rank 3 lol. Though part of that is I've taken long breaks from the game here and there and the other part is I mostly play Assault which means I don't focus on any one God.

Neith is the closest one to rank 10 for me, I also find Cupid to be fantastic as well... If anything I've had the most success with him compared to any other hunter I own/played.

Skadi is OK but you kinda have to be quite careful with how you position yourself unlike the above two which you can go in more aggressive with. Artemis and in particular Apollo are the two that I don't feel strongly about.

Apollo has a really great passive and 1-3 skills but his ult...Outside of Conquest and Clash (and Siege but I don't like Siege) his ult is mostly useless. Mainly just free CC immunity to get you out of a bad spot.

Only have one rank 10 with Sun Wukong a large chunk of those points were from a match of the day that I was having fun playing him on. Probably many people with diamonds are people who grind ranked since they get bonus points and play the same one or two meta gods every match.

New Rat skin:

Ck16AZAXAAAKbaf.jpg

Also new Wukong skin confirmed, save those gems.

Edit: This short teaser shows the Wukong skin and the tiger transformation: https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/742421933250076672

gogosox82

What rank? I think I have 3 diamonds on pc but the only one even close to diamond on ps4 is Neith but she's at like 5 along with Art.

I think people underestimate Cupid for whatever reason. I always end up with around 40k damage in arena with him.

Edit: double post. My bad

Navid

What rank? I think I have 3 diamonds on pc but the only one even close to diamond on ps4 is Neith but she's at like 5 along with Art.

I think people underestimate Cupid for whatever reason. I always end up with around 40k damage in arena with him.
Level 8 on Neith, level 4 on Cupid/Artemis and level 2 on Skadi/Apollo.

Yeah, I definitely feel like Cupid is underappreciated... His heart bomb is so good for for starting and closing out fights (plus because it does damage on a delay it can trick people in staying in a fight for too long), his dash can be used for both offense and defence unlike Neith's backflip and his super is awesome for so many scenarios (as an engage/disengage/area deny/individual fights/team fights). And while he is no Guan Yu he has a self/team heal which can come in handy.

I just looked at my profile on Smiteguru and out of my 41 games with Cupid I have 33 Wins and 8 Losses...

If you log in now you can get the gay pride icon for either 1 favor or 1 gem because of what happened in Orlando recently: https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/742717255163744256

Hel skin teaser can be seen here, basically a schoolgirl in one stance, ghost schoolgirl in the other: https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/742797273302589441

New Anhur skin:

Nice of them to show support. Perhaps they should make that icon free with no time limit (not criticising them if they don't, mind).

Also that Hel skin is such a great idea. :D

Nice of them to show support. Perhaps they should make that icon free with no time limit (not criticising them if they don't, mind).

They the same thing with the French flag icon and Liberte Athena skin after the French terror attacks not too long ago. It's unlikely they'll change the format.

If you go here and don't mind linking your facebook account (or have a throwaway one) you can grab the Liberte Athena skin: http://www.smitegame.com/ni-dieux-ni-maitres/?lang=fr_FR

Just scroll to the bottom to see the link. Apparently choosing a console version will cause the page to hang but people have said that choosing PC/Mac will give a code that works on console anyway.

Thanks a ton! Got one each for me and the missus.

gogosox82

Looks like console are getting clans in the next patch. http://www.smitegame.com/smite-console-dwarven-corruption-3-10-patch-notes/

If anyone's interested. I could start up one for gaf whenever the patch comes out.

Level 8 on Neith, level 4 on Cupid/Artemis and level 2 on Skadi/Apollo.

Yeah, I definitely feel like Cupid is underappreciated... His heart bomb is so good for for starting and closing out fights (plus because it does damage on a delay it can trick people in staying in a fight for too long), his dash can be used for both offense and defence unlike Neith's backflip and his super is awesome for so many scenarios (as an engage/disengage/area deny/individual fights/team fights). And while he is no Guan Yu he has a self/team heal which can come in handy.

I just looked at my profile on Smiteguru and out of my 41 games with Cupid I have 33 Wins and 8 Losses...

Best part about it is when they fight you after you've already hit them with a heart bomb. Its like they don't know know it works. Heart bomb, auto 2 or 3 times, Heart bomb explodes, dead god.

Between that and the Executioner (I use it for my Neith build) change it'll make two of my favourite characters even better... Ymir is going to be nigh on impossible to kill and a even bigger presence/deterrent.

When they were showing the patch notes on stream they had the name Ymir but not what the change was I actually quite excited. Ymir isn't great on conquest but can control the game in other modes and a buff only makes that so much easier.

Depending how tanky it makes him you may be able to play him more like an annoying warrior. Walk in poke then walk out with no chance of you dying.

Thanks a ton! Got one each for me and the missus.

Btw yesterday I promoted your and you wife in the clan. I believe you need to have member status to have access to the clan chests. You should have that now if you want to buy a few.

Btw yesterday I promoted your and you wife in the clan. I believe you need to have member status to have access to the clan chests. You should have that now if you want to buy a few.

Thanks a lot! We could already buy clan chests (I got a couple already and so did her), though. :)

gogosox82

I have one too. Underdog Tavern.

Since there are so few Smite players who use this thread maybe we just make a clan for all of us?

Yeah that was the plan. I figured we could play together or just be in a clan and some clan rewards. The name of the clan is smite gaf. If anyone wants in you can just let me know either here or sending me a message on psn. My psn is the same as it is on gaf. Someone on xbox should start a clan for smite as well so we can all play together.

It's really sad that it took all of three patches for Ratatoskr to go back to being worthless.

I'd take pre-rework Rat any day at this point.

Edit: Alright maybe worthless is a bit hyperbolic but I really don't feel like he's as broken as everyone says he is/was, or at least he doesn't feel any stronger/weaker than the majority of the Assassin field to me.

If you're able to watch the Dremahack streams they are giving away chests via 5min codes.

The chest seems to be new and can give gems, fp or Twitch Ymir.

About to be a hopefully great game coming up @ Dreamhack.

EGR vs Panthera - https://www.twitch.tv/hireztv

Too bad I didn't wake up at the crack of dawn to nab those codes.

The codes have the best chance of giving fp, like a really high chance of fp.

Also the Egr-Panthera game is tomorrow I think. They've been having trouble and this game 1 between Red Candids and Kaos has been paused for about 40mins now. So that and the remaining games today will be pushed back further than originally intended.

gogosox82

So apparently I can't invite people to the clan. I guess it wasn't added and it is supposed to be added in the next patch. If you search for smitegaf the clan should come up and you can apply (again because theirs no invite system and I didn't want anyone joining if they aren't a gaffer hence why its set to allow applications).

You had one job, GAF. One job. Thanks to your failure to convince me otherwise, I'm now 60€ poorer and 13k gems richer. I hope you're happy. >_>

You had one job, GAF. One job. Thanks to your failure to convince me otherwise, I'm now 60€ poorer and 13k gems richer. I hope you're happy. >_>

All the exclusive skins are now yours! Don't actually buy the chests, I'd say grab stuff that you can actually get without gambling.

Only so much I can do.

It's like trying to carry 34.

1v1 me.

(I'm actually super interested to see who you'd pick in 1v1)

All the exclusive skins are now yours! Don't actually buy the chests, I'd say grab stuff that you can actually get without gambling.

Yap, I'm not gambling at all. Got the season ticket, the Vikings ticket, the 600 gem Awilix skin, the Ninja skin for Nemesis that's on sale... and I think that's it, saving the rest for the rest of the year. If the Expelled Hel skil is 400 (or even 600) gems as reported, I'll get it as soon as it releases.

Top Bottom