• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

DeviantBoi

I was rooting for Enemy cause I had them picked on my season ticket. They lost, but someone at HR must have made a mistake cause they gave the win to Enemy and I guess everyone got 40 fantasy points once they corrected it.

That was enough to get me to 8000 points. The Enigma chest gave me the new Sobek skin (Nile Stalker).

Funny that when I got the season ticket, I figured I would get around 3500 points and enough rewards to make it worth it. Never imagine I'd be at 8000 points after a couple of months.

Also decided to open one Electro Chest. I only wanted the Xbalanque skin cause I've been having fun playing him. Bought 800 gems to open three at most (had 1000 saved). Got him on my first attempt.

This game, man. It enfuriates me sometimes, but I've been playing it almost exclusively.

Ended up getting 400 gems out of the codes given out on the stream taking me to just over 900, might pick up the new Janus skin or wait to see what chests pop up after the patch Tuesday.

Oh, and who do you see winning Dreamhack?

I'm rooting for Panthera.

People always underestimate how much fp they can get, it's really not that hard.

I also picked Enemy to win the match against Soar but I was hoping Soar would win it.

You still have to give the final to Panthera, Soar showed weakness in that match and Panthera have shown none. Also Soar is probably a slightly weaker Egr who Panthera already beat.

gogosox82

I was rooting for Enemy cause I had them picked on my season ticket. They lost, but someone at HR must have made a mistake cause they gave the win to Enemy and I guess everyone got 40 fantasy points once they corrected it.

That was enough to get me to 8000 points. The Enigma chest gave me the new Sobek skin (Nile Stalker).

Funny that when I got the season ticket, I figured I would get around 3500 points and enough rewards to make it worth it. Never imagine I'd be at 8000 points after a couple of months.

Also decided to open one Electro Chest. I only wanted the Xbalanque skin cause I've been having fun playing him. Bought 800 gems to open three at most (had 1000 saved). Got him on my first attempt.

This game, man. It enfuriates me sometimes, but I've been playing it almost exclusively.

So your not happy? You would think you would be happy that you didn't waste all your gems on skins or vps or ward skins you don't want. I would like that Arpho skin, but I only have like 17 of the 55 in that chest. Never got the Odin panda skin either. Feelsbadman

DeviantBoi

So your not happy? You would think you would be happy that you didn't waste all your gems on skins or vps or ward skins you don't want. I would like that Arpho skin, but I only have like 17 of the 55 in that chest. Never got the Odin panda skin either. Feelsbadman
I'm extremely happy. Now I have nice cache of gems for the summer event, which should be coming up real soon.

I also have two Viking chests I haven't opened. I still need to buy two more of the Norse recolored skins to make sure I don't get them. Hopefully those give me something nice.

Log in after the patch and get the Wukong skin from the spl ticket. The win one match unlocked me the next undying chest and I got the Rama skin from it.

Good start to the patch I'd say, still need to decide what to spend my free gems from yesterday on.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask this. I got the season ticket this weekend with the gem sale, when do I get to pick winners? I think there are matches this weekend but I assume you had to pick the winners before?

BTW, I've been meaning to ask this. I got the season ticket this weekend with the gem sale, when do I get to pick winners? I think there are matches this weekend but I assume you had to pick the winners before?

If you click on the season ticket button top right then go to schedule you will be able to pick matches there.

There is a drop box top left of this screen which will allow you to scroll between the different leagues and tournaments available.

Looking at it you can currently pick the games from OCL Wintersplit Week 5 and SCL Summer Split week 2.

It's a good idea to check it every so often to update your picks based on the teams standings. When you have a new match to pick though a small green number will show over the Ticket button like the one that shows over the rewards button every item you have a a new log in reward.

If you click on the season ticket button top right then go to schedule you will be able to pick matches there.

There is a drop box top left of this screen which will allow you to scroll between the different leagues and tournaments available.

Looking at it you can currently pick the games from OCL Wintersplit Week 5 and SCL Summer Split week 2.

It's a good idea to check it every so often to update your picks based on the teams standings. When you have a new match to pick though a small green number will show over the Ticket button like the one that shows over the rewards button every item you have a a new log in reward.

Thanks a metric ton! I had missed the dropdown and the default selected tournament was the completed spring one. :)

tosu

Neo Member
If anyone would like to play conquest on PS4 please add me. PSN Treyarch_J. I am usually on around 9 pm to midnight est.

All the instalocks are starting to get to me.

Indignate

Casually Carrying 34

casual34.png

Well, never thought in a million years it'd happen but I got my first penta kill. Did it in Clash as Xbalanque, last guy just kind of stood there and let me have it but whatever, still proud of it lol.

gogosox82

Missed this earlier, please send me a invite if still available.

Unfortunately, I can't add people right until next patch (probably Tuesday or Wednesday) because its only set up to have open joining or applications. You can just send an application and I'll add you. Just to go clans, then search, then type in smitegaf, then send your application. Next time I'm on I'll add you to the clan. Hopefully they add invites next patch so I can just send them out to people on here.

So, would it be worth it to buy skins I like at 50% off even if they're for gods I don't play that often? Seems like 50% off is as good as deal as you can get.

So, would it be worth it to buy skins I like at 50% off even if they're for gods I don't play that often? Seems like 50% off is as good as deal as you can get.

You might want to see if they're in a lot of chests. Things like Zues Stormbringer and Ra Solar Sentinel aren't great skins but they are in a lot of chests.

If you buy them when cheap it will remove them from the chest rolls.

Whether you want to do it depends on how often you roll chests and whether you think the 200 gems now (i think thats' how much they costs) is worth it.
it wouldn't hurt to go through the chests on the smite wiki and see if the ones you're interested in have some of the current cheap skins in them.

http://smite.gamepedia.com/Treasure_Chests

You might want to see if they're in a lot of chests. Things like Zues Stormbringer and Ra Solar Sentinel aren't great skins but they are in a lot of chests.

If you buy them when cheap it will remove them from the chest rolls.

Whether you want to do it depends on how often you roll chests and whether you think the 200 gems now (i think thats' how much they costs) is worth it.
it wouldn't hurt to go through the chests on the smite wiki and see if the ones you're interested in have some of the current cheap skins in them.

http://smite.gamepedia.com/Treasure_Chests

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense, although looking through it doesn't seem like there's much crossover in the exclusives skins I want and some of the ones on sale.

I think I'm just sort of conflicted on, say, something like G.E.B. 1. I don't really play Geb that much but I do like the skin so I'm not sure if it's worth it just pull the trigger while it's 50% off or just not bother. It's probably very rare for these skins to hit 50% off right?

DeviantBoi

I've been playing with Apollo. I like him, but he's really squishy and weak at the beginning. He doesn't really shine till the late game.

Tried out Ra this morning and I had so much fun with him. It was non-stop casting everywhere. I have his R'America skin and voice pack, so it was hilarious just playing him. Got like 3 kills with his ult during an Arena game. Not bad for a first time.

Disxo

It's Erlang Shen, Chinese Warrior. It sounds like Terra will the God released after him. Here is that above pic with higher brightness and contrast:

I'm looking forward to seeing how his 3 works. It's a transformation power like Wukong's 3 except Erlang transforms into mink or a turtle.
Looka sweet, my brother will love it.

(I dislike warriors :l hope this makes me change my opinion on them)

Looka sweet, my brother will love it.

(I dislike warriors :l hope this makes me change my opinion on them)

I'm actually quietly excited about this guy, we already know his 3 is similar to Wukong's so I'm hoping overall he is too.

I do really like Wukong.

I thought they were going to alternate between releasing a Japanese god and a god from another pantheon, to flesh out the Japanese one more quickly, but if the next gods after Fafnir are Erlang Shen and then Terra, it clearly seems to not be the case. Kind of odd having a pantheon with three gods and getting two more gods (Jing Wei and Erlang Shan) for the rather large Chinese pantheon instead.

Top Bottom