• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Malrend

Sol seems to be the most interesting of the bunch.
Admittedly I am somewhat biased. I already see too many Anubis and KKKs, no need to give more people a reason to play them, with a T5 skin.

Anubis is an easy pick out of those three for me which kind of sucks because he has plenty of skins. The Kukulkan one is a great concept but it's pretty generic in design and the final form is too close to Fafnir's dragon form. The Sol one is cool too but her later forms look like Tier 2 skins and aren't that much different from each other.

Basically my thoughts, although even Anubis doesn't seem all that spectacular (but at least has a different concept for each stage). In general terms, I guess it was a given they'd go with Thanatos' level up gimmick, but I was kind of wishing for a new one (like Thor is different from Thanatos').

Sol seems to be the most interesting of the bunch.
Admittedly I am somewhat biased. I already see too many Anubis and KKKs, no need to give more people a reason to play them, with a T5 skin.

Yeah, because we see people with tier 5 skins in every match... :p

We don't, but I certainly see Anubis and/or Kukulkan almost every match.
Hopefully, if Sol got a T5 skin, that might be reduced to every other, or maybe even every 3rd match.

I'm allowed to dream.

What I'm saying is that if less than 1% of players have T5 skins, the impact on character frequency will be negligible either way.

Strazyplus

T5 skin vote is now live: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T5Vote

Kukulkan:
3fe9a1c5-7ee6-432b-a9d2-0baf7e2df6a0.jpg

Kukulkan looks the most interesting :T

DeviantBoi

Not a bad haul from the weekend's free enigma chests:

some avatar
Wyrm Slayer (Ullr, 400 gems)
Red Vengeance (Nemesis, 250 gems)

Not too bad.

Susano still OP in 3.15 in seems.

I love how they tiptoe around these Susano nerfs but with new Rat they just blasted him over and over 4 patches in a row.

Demoskinos

Gogosox82 set up a clan a while ago, it's called Smitegaf [SMGAF]. Only a few of us in it (3 at the moment) so if you're looking for a bigger clan it's probably not ideal.

Eh, I'm not looking for something hardcore just want a casual sort of group. So that works. :D

Recall

I have on PS4 Underdog Tavern [Under] which is pretty much just my brother and I but anyone is welcome to join. I play pretty much daily.

DeviantBoi

That feeling when you're playing Bacchus and Loki has just gone invisible with only a sliver of health and you correctly predict where to belly flop to kill him... and you do.

Best. Feeling. Ever.

So I decided to give this game a shot.

I went through the tutorials and while I didn't really find the game hard, I did die a lot.

What do you guys recommended as a good starter God to get a good grip for the game?

gogosox82

I went through the tutorials and while I didn't really find the game hard, I did die a lot.

What do you guys recommended as a good starter God to get a good grip for the game?

Neith, Ymir, and Ra are all pretty straightfoward and easy to play.

DeviantBoi

Neith is fun to play and has a nice escape when you get into trouble. She's a hunter, so you'll need to keep in the periphery of the fight. She doesn't do much damage at the beginning, but you'll be hitting a lot of criticals towards the end.

Atilac

I just played a match on the PS4, this odin had to be cheating, he had his ult like every 15 seconds, from the start of the match.

gogosox82

I just played a match on the PS4, this odin had to be cheating, he had his ult like every 15 seconds, from the start of the match.

It has a short cooldown. If he built cdr like a jutonns and BoV, It would probably only have a 45 sec cd. That is pretty short for an ult. At the beginning of season 3, it had like a 36 sec cd before it got nerfed so it used to be worse. Felt like Odin was using that damn cage every 5 seconds.

clemenx

Banned
Getting that shit gets tiring :/ Always seem to happen when we're integrated to a server in any game. As someone from latam who stopped playing because of queue times in our server and just came back to Smite thanks of the server move.

I understand there's dumb kids who refuse to communicate in english or whatever but there's shitty people everywhere. Do people who start asking for that don't realize that akes them shitty as well? lol

Disxo

Its a parody petition but still, people believe that.
Btw, dude! I can finally play with gaffers!

Add me:
DisqueDisxo

Malrend

Haven't tried her yet on the PC (as with every new god release, she gets instalocked immediately, and I haven't bothered doing a practice round yet), but I do like the look of her and look forward to trying her out as well.

Demoskinos

The Camp Lazy Day Event was neat. Free skin! It's a good one too. The giant corndog that Baccus is carrying fucking slays me. Too good.

Played some Loki for the first time today. Stabbing people in the back is too fun!

Does anyone else get significant FPS drops when Fafnir, or Terra buff you? Everything seems nice and dandy then I get those buffs and FPS goes to shit

Susano still OP in 3.15 in seems.

I love how they tiptoe around these Susano nerfs but with new Rat they just blasted him over and over 4 patches in a row.

I hate Susano. Get's an escape/gap closer and also has a pull.

Also, I wish they'd remove Sanct from being able to be used in Arena. Ruins the flow of that game mode imo.

People who spam laugh at victory at a pair who were abandoned by a dick team mate and still manage to deicide the idiots, and hold them off for 20 minutes, deserve to have their tongues stapled. Classless pricks.

/breathe

People who spam laugh at victory at a pair who were abandoned by a dick team mate and still manage to deicide the idiots, and hold them off for 20 minutes, deserve to have their tongues stapled. Classless pricks.

/breathe

I don't get the laugh thing at all really. I just vgs good game and move on. I guess it's just the culture of online gaming.

Demoskinos

Wanted to try out Aphrodite tonight. 4 fucking siege games in a row within 5 minutes someone ends up leaving. Fuck man. I just want to try her out in an actual competitive game. Why do fucking idiots ready up and then instantly fucking abandon.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've never been bothered by laughing at the end of a game. It's... there. It's spammable during that moment. I find it much less annoying than the "You Rock! - Cancel That!" or "I'm Building Stacks!" x10 times in a row.

The game itself even has minions fist pumping and chicken dancing during victory screens... Makes it all feel kinda lighthearted.

During that last free chest weekend, I got Expelled Hel for free, so that put me in a bit of a good mood that a few laughs and taunts haven't been able to bring down!

Top Bottom