• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Yikes, that is weak.

The faces have been really hit or miss recently. This one and Hel's recent skin aren't great in the face department.
But the remodel of Freya has a great face. Wonder if they have multiple people doing it cause it's hard to believe the same person could do faces this far apart on the scale.

Is there a Smite PS4 group that plays this I can join?

I did the first training mission and this game seems like it could be fun.

I'm still learning how to play this.

Edit: The game screen is slightly bigger than my TV. I need to figure out how to fix that.

Was looking at some of the T5 suggestions people have made, I really want this Janus one:

qtvywmhsjndx.jpg

Full thing with abilities here:
https://i.redd.it/74ses04992ex.jpg

Is there a Smite PS4 group that plays this I can join?

I did the first training mission and this game seems like it could be fun.

I'm still learning how to play this.

Edit: The game screen is slightly bigger than my TV. I need to figure out how to fix that.

I believe gogosox82 made a Gaf clan, I'd give him a pm, here is is gaf profile: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=449182

^^ Pretty cool, but Janus is the last god to need another skin lol.

The problem with Janus's skins is that they're all so similar, with nearly identical animations. It's basically the same robotic / floating piece composite, with different skins for the pieces. It would be great to have something that breaks that mold a bit.

The problem with Janus's skins is that they're all so similar, with nearly identical animations. It's basically the same robotic / floating piece composite, with different skins for the pieces. It would be great to have something that breaks that mold a bit.

True. I think it's really weird the rocky earth Janus skin still moves and sounds like a robot lol. That said, I don't think they give new animation sets to even Tier 5 skins beyond the transitions.

gugurlqk

Neo Member
I want to rise awarnes for this on going issue and High Rez total and absolute neglectance towards it. To many ppl start using cheat engines and they are ruing the game! I try to create a Thread but its nost so easy as it seams. If any one else wants to help just reply to this post.

To be honest I still don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at. :D Does this reference anything? Alice in Wonderland is the only thing it vaguely reminds me of but it's clearly not it.
Edit: Oh wait, I just saw the eggs on the wand. Sooooo... an Easter skin? In August? :D
Second edit: The rabbit (hare?) in the official art is holding a teacup. Alice after all? I'm confused!

To be honest I still don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at. :D Does this reference anything? Alice in Wonderland is the only thing it vaguely reminds me of but it's clearly not it.
Edit: Oh wait, I just saw the eggs on the wand. Sooooo... an Easter skin? In August? :D
Second edit: The rabbit (hare?) in the official art is holding a teacup. Alice after all? I'm confused!

Based off the timing of the link Indignate posted it does seem like it was intended as an Easter skin.
They could easily have altered the idea though to make it more Alice in Wonderland so they could release it anytime.

Sigh, we finally get a skin for the only sport I like and it's for a god I don't play.

I suppose Freya makes the most sense, but I'm gonna stay butthurt.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm rather enjoying Terra on XB1. She can't kill anything to save her life, but her amount of presence and team support feels fantastic. Going between playing scrawny Jing Wei and Meaty Terra is pretty funny; she's definitely a bit different looking for Smite itself.

I wish I could close the walls on her 2 faster, but I can live with how it is; it's just that At times I really want to get that distanced stun, but my the time the thing activates, they've backed out of it.

Oh, and since I never responded back last time, Thanks for the interesting thoughts how she compared to Syl and GEB, ThirtyFour! I've got a pretty different feel from much of the play I've given, or seen of her. Some play her like the masterful towerdiver, dropping heal monoliths in the middle of enemy terriroty to support for days. Others make that thing into a damage field instantly, all the time, never sustaining at all. I haven't seem nay who try to wall-shard shotgun very consistently, it's almost a non-factor to her kit. I really like it when I remember it's there, ha.

And then those first few games... I felt like everyone had a different expectation as to when I should pop her ult. I wanted to use it to get people OUT of situations, some seemed to expect it as a call to risky initiations. I actually wish the heal was guaranteed, rather than only proc'n if the enemy beats the 4 stones away. It'd be nice if they still gave SOME pulse (based on rocks left) at the end.

Many also seem to build her without cooldown items, since they act as if the ult is enough for this? I can't say I agree. I love having a new monolith ready to set as soon as the old ones are down. Though I could see trading cooldown to do some real damage, but I haven't tried that myself yet.

Very interested to see what kind of costumes they come up with for her. I kinda appreciate the green hulk re-color, but mostly I just want something different than her streaked hair, lol. Earthy tanned skin is nice, tho.

I wish I could close the walls on her 2 faster, but I can live with how it is; it's just that At times I really want to get that distanced stun, but my the time the thing activates, they've backed out of it.

There is a bug with her 2 where if you spam the 2 before the stones materialise it will actually stop you from pushing them together for an extra second. They will probably change the timing on the stones at some point to help that. Right now though your best bet is getting good with the timings of the stones, that will just come with experience though.

Oh, and since I never responded back last time, Thanks for the interesting thoughts how she compared to Syl and GEB, ThirtyFour! I've got a pretty different feel from much of the play I've given, or seen of her. Some play her like the masterful towerdiver, dropping heal monoliths in the middle of enemy terriroty to support for days. Others make that thing into a damage field instantly, all the time, never sustaining at all. I haven't seem nay who try to wall-shard shotgun very consistently, it's almost a non-factor to her kit. I really like it when I remember it's there, ha.

I actually haven't played her on live server yet (only pts) so I could certainly be off target. I've played against her once or twice and I still feel like she's a very supporty support like Geb but in a different style to Geb.
I actually just played against her in assault and her heal is crazy good early game. Made it very difficult to secure kills before we could get anti-heal online.

And then those first few games... I felt like everyone had a different expectation as to when I should pop her ult. I wanted to use it to get people OUT of situations, some seemed to expect it as a call to risky initiations. I actually wish the heal was guaranteed, rather than only proc'n if the enemy beats the 4 stones away. It'd be nice if they still gave SOME pulse (based on rocks left) at the end.

Many also seem to build her without cooldown items, since they act as if the ult is enough for this? I can't say I agree. I love having a new monolith ready to set as soon as the old ones are down. Though I could see trading cooldown to do some real damage, but I haven't tried that myself yet.

The heal only popping off after four instances of damage does allow you to counter play her though. Three burst abilities then you just hold your damage until it wears off. It also seems to have a short duration as well so its rarely that long.

Cooldown certainly won't hurt on her. I could see not going for max cooldown though, maybe getting Emperors armour instead of BoV.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
There is a bug with her 2 where if you spam the 2 before the stones materialise it will actually stop you from pushing them together for an extra second. They will probably change the timing on the stones at some point to help that. Right now though your best bet is getting good with the timings of the stones, that will just come with experience though.

Thanks, hadn't heard of it. And since they now have adjusted it even more in patch notes, I guess this will get much better feeling now. Awesome.

I actually haven't played her on live server yet (only pts) so I could certainly be off target. I've played against her once or twice and I still feel like she's a very supporty support like Geb but in a different style to Geb.
I actually just played against her in assault and her heal is crazy good early game. Made it very difficult to secure kills before we could get anti-heal online.

I'd imagine she'd be quite a boon in assault. I always love getting Syl there when I play it, as well. I love how her heal really does a nice job of negating mistakes, without having her in easily-gankable ranges. And even if she gets there, she can survive it well, too.

And she can get out once she's peppered the area with support! Naturally tanky and with a possible 2 dashes, slow, etc, etc... I've seen her walk out of quite a few situations. Have had too many times when a Syl or Hel would walk in, try to support the extended teammate, and end up swapping death with them / both dying... With her, I can at least say I tried, without having to risk my own character as much.

The heal only popping off after four instances of damage does allow you to counter play her though. Three burst abilities then you just hold your damage until it wears off. It also seems to have a short duration as well so its rarely that long.

Cooldown certainly won't hurt on her. I could see not going for max cooldown though, maybe getting Emperors armour instead of BoV.

Yeah, it sets up a situation where people are given more of a chance to escape, especially with the restored cooldowns and all. A thinking man's type of bonus protection!

I just feel weird about a healing technique having a situation where it doesn't heal at all for those who are retreating. I mean, at least it gives them skill use for escapes and such, but what does that mean for a unit with no dash or anything?

I tried playing her without much cooldown for a while, I felt like I was always missing the ability to enchant my pals, ha. And the Dash felt like it was always a few seconds away from use.

It's really nice how well she synergizes with items.

Is it just me or is Anubis' ult stupid as hell now? Like, before you actually had to have decent aim but now you just sort of look in someone's general direction and they melt away.

I think they might have made it a bit too easy to land consistently.

gogosox82

Anyone on ps4 down to play tomorrow? Gridlock wants to play and I figured it would be fun if we could get a group together to play. I have some stuff to do in the morning but I'm available in the afternoon if anyone's interested.

Navid

Gridlock wants to play and I figured it would be fun if we could get a group together to play.
Further to the conversation on comms during our games earlier I've added the Ability/Item builds that I use for the starting Gods:
Thor:
rIpK7bA.png
9Oq20iK.jpg

Ymir:
lBLr7oo.png
v6nMrHH.jpg

Neith: (I personally prefer quite a bit of attack speed on her, but you can go for more power/penetration/crit in place of the Asi/Executioner/Quin Sais)
IiAKGVu.png
VX9tJMo.jpg

Ra: (Currently have him quite support focused, if you want to do more damage go for the Chronos' Pendant in place of Lotus Crown)
wtjyXa5.png
heHvE0I.png

Guan Yu:
SBxjMCw.png
244M78q.jpg
Hope this helps a bit Gridlock. :)

gogosox82

Further to the conversation on comms during our games earlier I've added the Ability/Item builds that I use for the starting Gods:

Hope this helps. Dunno how helpful I was since I already know all the items and just buy them lol. I totally forgot what its like to play when you don't know anything since I've been playing this game for 2 years.

Hope this helps. Dunno how helpful I was since I already know all the items and just buy them lol. I totally forgot what its like to play when you don't know anything since I've been playing this game for 2 years.

Gogo, I sent a PM threw PSN. Kids are demanding family movie night so I won't be on for another 3 hours which maybe too late for you guys.

Thanks to Navid and Gogo for the pointers. I'm going to customize those builds Navid posted when the kids go to bed.

You two are down for some co-op tomorrow? I'm available all day just send a PM to me even if I'm not logged on (because I'll get it on my phone) when you too are ready and I'll get on.

DeviantBoi

Not a bad haul from the Odyssey chests being given out at the Epsilon Invitational. Missed the very first one, but I got all the ones after that:

Artemis VP
Chang'e VP
Colosseum ward skin
Space Monkey skin
Mortal Coil skin

That's like 1350 gems right there.

The rest of the chests were just 10 FP each.

Of course he's wearing crocs!

I really want his Elvis skin, but don't want to roll for it in a chest. I'm waiting for the Roman pantheon sale to get his Brynhildr skin and voice pack.

I'm a mastery 10 Bacchus but I still use his default skin because the Elvis and Santa ones are so hard to get and I'm not a big fan of Brynhildr.
From the datamining it's possible that this skin will be given away at the end of an event. Not confirmed though, the wording on it is very vague.

DeviantBoi

I'm a mastery 10 Bacchus but I still use his default skin because the Elvis and Santa ones are so hard to get and I'm not a big fan of Brynhildr.
From the datamining it's possible that this skin will be given away at the end of an event. Not confirmed though, the wording on it is very vague.

Hopefully it's part of the season ticket.

I already have all of the current rewards, so I'm looking forward to what they're adding next.

SPL starts up in two weeks, so that's some more easy FP right there.

DeviantBoi

http://www.smitegame.com/gamescom-party-week-aug-16th-21st/

In celebration of gamescom, we’re throwing a party in SMITE! From Tuesday, August 16th to Sunday, August 21st, play as any God for free, plus earn 2x Worshipers on all platforms! We’re also putting all of our Boosters on sale for 75% off during the event.

Then, starting Friday, August 19th, earn a free Enigma Chest roll after winning 3 First Wins of the Day!

gamescom Party Week

All Gods free to play
2x Worshipers
All Boosters 75% off
3 First Wins of the Day grant Enigma Chest Roll (Friday – Sunday only)
All Platforms

Free Enigma chests this weekend!

DeviantBoi

Didn't know that the Nemesis Leona codes could be redeemed three times, one time on each of the systems.

I got this back in May, so I dunno if it's still valid. Should be, but not sure.

I already redeemed it on the PS4, so it should be valid for the PC and XBOX.

Please let me know if you redeem it on one of the systems. If nobody wants it, I can give it away on Reddit.

PXJPF7C2A8B2051214

Didn't know that the Nemesis Leona codes could be redeemed three times, one time on each of the systems.

I got this back in May, so I dunno if it's still valid. Should be, but not sure.

I already redeemed it on the PS4, so it should be valid for the PC and XBOX.

Please let me know if you redeem it on one of the systems. If nobody wants it, I can give it away on Reddit.

PXJPF7C2A8B2051214

I have redeemed it on PC, thanks very much for this!

Load up the game, queue for Assault. Enemy team is Athena, Ah Puch, Susano, Scylla and Tyr.

If there was ever an argument for allowing surrender before 10 minutes.

DeviantBoi

Based on this leaked screenshot it seems the above Bacchus skin will be gained through some event. For some reason I can't link the pic itself so here is the page:

https://dd.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/4xz7hu/bacchus_skin_leak_camp_lazy_day_event/

Three quests:

1. 3 matches
2. 50 worshippers
3. 25,000 gold

No sign of any other purchase requirements.

It might really be a free skin if you put in the game time.

As someone who likes to play Bacchus, this is a real treat! Definitely getting that voice pack today!

Three quests:

1. 3 matches
2. 50 worshippers
3. 25,000 gold

No sign of any other purchase requirements.

It might really be a free skin if you put in the game time.

As someone who likes to play Bacchus, this is a real treat! Definitely getting that voice pack today!

Where are you seeing the other requirements? Is it in this picture, am I blind?

Top Bottom