• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Navid

Wow, Erlang Shen didn't get touched. That's surprising.
Yep, think what saved him for now is that you have people who don't know how to use him but in the right hands he is a real pain to deal with... once he sticks to you in melee range you are pretty much dead in a 1v1. Plus the Cripple and Root on his spear is real annoying with little to no risk.

Also surprised that the stun on Wrath wasn't removed, that thing is really strong (especially if paired up with the Ritual Dagger)... you can practically get a Artemis ultimate on your guardian with that in team fights.

Going from an amazing Chaac to something like 5 losses in the motd...
I'd like to blame the third teammate me and Indignate had and not the shit that is my Jing Wei play.
At least I finally mastered her and never have to touch her again!

Is there a particular reason as to why everyone that plays Bellona is absolutely horrible?

I think it's because she's in a weird in between of roles where her build can make or break her. You build her too tanky without getting much damage, it feels like you're just tickling the enemy even if it takes forever to die. You build too much damage and not enough tank, you get blown up every time you go in (against a decent team) which is a necessity with her kit. This is more or less true for every character, but I feel like the balance is not as easy to find with her as it is most others. That's my personal experience anyway. I'm no expert.

Ability icons for the next god Terra:

J56Euup.png

Used this double worshippers weekend to master Fafnir and Erlang Shen.

When I first played Fafnir on the pts I did not like him but I've come around this weekend. I'm still not entirely sure if he's good (probably won't see him in the pro scene for a bit) but he is quite fun.
Also I think he has a high skill ceiling. Maybe not as high as an Ullr or Tyr but higher than most Gods.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Terra does look pretty awesome. I find I love Jing Wei's art much more than her in-game looks, ha. New Freya redesign also looks pretty great, btw.

I'd love to see the T5 Mage skin go to a mage with not-so-many solid skins. I'd love to see an awesome Poseidon skin. Nice to see Vulcan got a nice new pirate skin, but I'd still like something even better for him, really.

I'd love to see the T5 Mage skin go to a mage with not-so-many solid skins. I'd love to see an awesome Poseidon skin. Nice to see Vulcan got a nice new pirate skin, but I'd still like something even better for him, really.

Vulcan's next skin needs to be the chef one shown on the previous page, also since he got the pirate one last patch it will probably be a while.

As Bananas said above, Scylla seems to be the most likely right now. No drawings (that I know of) have been made but a lot of suggestions for an aging Scylla skin since she is shown at multiple different ages in lore.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Terra sure does have breast.

Poseidon already has dope skins.

I was more interested in the fact she only seems to have Gauntlets as a weapon, and that she actually looks kinda mature, to be honest. An ample bosom doesn't even stand out in this kind of art; all of this type pretty much is like that!

Poseidon has... Dreadbeard? Then Pooly is a limited skin from ages ago, and King of the Deep has a great voice, but I remember much disappointment in the actual model itself.

Vulcan's next skin needs to be the chef one shown on the previous page, also since he got the pirate one last patch it will probably be a while.

As Bananas said above, Scylla seems to be the most likely right now. No drawings (that I know of) have been made but a lot of suggestions for an aging Scylla skin since she is shown at multiple different ages in lore.

I'd love to see the Chef still. He still feels sorely lacking in skins that change his voice though, especially compared to most.

I wouldn't be mad at a Scylla like that. The actress already does a great job with her voice, so getting to hear her age up and play different ranges within the same character would actually be a treat.

Seems Hi-Rez did little to no internal testing on the new power pots, the mana regen on them works insanely well with dots as can be seen here: http://plays.tv/video/5799bdd0d1dea778a4/-balance-hirez-anubis-best-god-in-the-game

Another thing, if you get it on Ares, the cd aspect along with the mana part of the pots means that Ares has infinite chains while he has a pot on. You now have to burn beads to get away from his 1 leaving you vulnerable when he comes back with his ult.

Hi-Rez have now nerfed the pots (still all on pts) however they are still incredibly strong.
Right now they are basically a T2 item for about a third of the price of a T2 item.
If you time it and use it well and can get a good lead and snowball out of control.

Most people seem to agree that the game is a lot less snowbally while the pots have been removed and that they should probably stay removed from the game.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, was I the only one surprised that on the first day of he Cutesy Freya promo, on X1 (maybe elsewhere), the first give away was for 500 free Gems? Brother and I both get it, and were able to get a Summer of Smite Skin + The Discounted Cronos skin out of it.

I rather like the idea of Terra, though her comparison to Sylvanus makes him magnificently underwhelming in kit design. I really look forward to her release on consoles. I really like her design a lot more in the art than in game, but her height helps sell her look more. I'd prefer some changes, but not so much that I HATE the current design or anything.

I don't mind the "bloated" kits per say, I just think they need to improve the old stuff some to fit. Power creep would worry me more if every player didn't have access to every character pretty easily. They feel a lot more like "gods: when their powers are so multi-faceted and complex.

So, was I the only one surprised that on the first day of he Cutesy Freya promo, on X1 (maybe elsewhere), the first give away was for 500 free Gems? Brother and I both get it, and were able to get a Summer of Smite Skin + The Discounted Cronos skin out of it.

That's actually a bug that popped up before when they were giving away the cutesy Khep icon. If you are able to get there fast enough you can get the gems. Sounds like not many people got gems this time before they fixed it so you got super lucky.

I rather like the idea of Terra, though her comparison to Sylvanus makes him magnificently underwhelming in kit design. I really look forward to her release on consoles. I really like her design a lot more in the art than in game, but her height helps sell her look more. I'd prefer some changes, but not so much that I HATE the current design or anything.

I can kind of see the comparison to Sylvanus but I'd say she's more a cross between Sylv and Geb.
I wouldn't say her kit is underwhelming in design. However they wanted to give her lots of options in terms of ability order, which they did,, but it seems super obvious which is the best order. Any other order is kind of underwhelming.
She is super supporty, like a Geb her damage will be really low at the end of a match. Right now though I'd rather have a Geb on my team than a Terra. She has nothing like a Geb shield in her kit adn her heal requires you to stay in one place unlike Sylv where you can move around. Also using the heal means she now loses a big chunk of her damage and cant root.
I agree so much with your comment on the art. In game her hair looks weird to me. It looks like she has standard brown hair and has badly dyed streaks of purple and green into it. I think having a hair a straight earthy green may have been better. Her card art is great though.

Well then.. Time for a new Ao Kuang skin!
Probably not, but I can be allowed to dream.

Chances are really low on that. They dropped assassins from the vote because the last two were assassins. Since Ao is basically a magical assassins there would be an uproar if they choice him.
Guess it depends on whether they care about a reddit uproar or not.

Pots have been changed to this before the patch tomorrow:

Potion of Physical Might
Increased level required from level 7 to 10.
Removed the 5 Penetration from this Potion.
Reduced the Passive damage scaling from 25% to 15%.

Potion of Magical Might
Increased level required from level 7 to 10.

The final potions for the 3.14 Patch will have the following stats and effects.

Potion of Physical Might
Requires level 10 to purchase.
Cost : 500 Gold
Passive : This consumable increases your Physical Power by 30 for 3 minutes or until you are killed. Additionally, your abilities now deal an additional 15% of your Physical Power.
Duration : 3 Minutes

Potion of Magical Might
Requires level 10 to purchase.
Cost : 500 Gold
Passive : This consumable increases your Magical Power by 60 and Cooldown Reduction by 10% for 3 minutes or until you are killed. Additionally, hitting an enemy god with an ability will restore 3% of your Maximum Mana.
Duration : 3 Minutes

From here: http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?138442-Potion-Adjustments-for-3-14&p=725152#post725152
Still not great.

Lassiz and Mattypocket are leaving ALG: https://clips.twitch.tv/mattypocket/StupidBeaverRaccAttack

That leaves Incon and Weaken. They've said they have an ADC but haven't announced who yet.

Also this video from DMbrandon where he basically suggests that Luminosity were stupid for not picking him up and instead going for ScaryD.
He also insults ScaryD, JeffHindla, Masked and says that he wants no team in the spl to do well: https://youtu.be/IuG5MXQzGYM
Also bigs himself up to crazy levels.

And you're in his guild Indignate? For shame.

Indignate

I like him cuz he's abrasive and makes other people mad.

That's the good stuff.

He has great game knowledge but he's nowhere near as good a top tier player.

But are there top tier players left?

But I guess he only slightly implies that cuz all he says is that he can make Andy a better player with his mad LEADERSHIP and that he's better than ScaryD. I don't even know who ScaryD is. Should I be scared of his d?

Also Masked is a douchebag.

Also his guild has no mads in it so it's a good place to pug when I get tired of carrying you.

Genuine question, why are there so many account level 30s that are absolutely atrocious at this game? I feel like every game I have one or two teammates that are completely clueless on how to build, completely clueless on how to play or both. It's really starting to wear on me.

Genuine question, why are there so many account level 30s that are absolutely atrocious at this game? I feel like every game I have one or two teammates that are completely clueless on how to build, completely clueless on how to play or both. It's really starting to wear on me.

I think that's the nature of a game that evolves so fast over time. I was account level 30 before Smite was out of open beta on PC. If I had jumped from then to now without getting caught up on changes, I'd be totally confused.

I think that's the nature of a game that evolves so fast over time. I was account level 30 before Smite was out of open beta on PC. If I had jumped from then to now without getting caught up on changes, I'd be totally confused.

This still doesn't account for the amount of atrocious players I play with though. Like, I can't imagine a quarter of the people I play with are just coming back to the game.

I mean, look at this, or this. That's just from the last hour. The hell am I supposed to do with these kind of people? It's like Hi-Rez expects me to carry entire teams single handedly. It's not like this is a rarity either, probably more than half my matches are like this and if it's not my team that gets these awful players it's the enemy team.

It's just really starting to put me off the game completely.

Top Bottom