• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Indignate

She would turn into a snake like the current Nu Wa does during her ult, but you could actually walk around when that was happening and that was dope.

So someone fill me in here "classic" looks? Did they redo a the character designs at some point?

The devs have done reworks where they change the kit of a god and remodels where they only change the look of the god.

Nu Wa actually had both done to her. Her original kit was too good at tower push, she could take towers solo in a stupidly short amount of time.

You can have a look at which gods have been changed here: http://smite.gamepedia.com/Unreleased_and_Removed_Content

For some reason it seems Nu Wa is not on that list but you can see her old kit and skins here: http://smite.gamepedia.com/Nu_Wa_(Original)

Demoskinos

Ah gotcha. Only started playing like two or so weeks ago. Two more questions is if you own items that are in a premium chest can or can't you roll those items? Also do some of those chest only skins come back around to grab later on?

Ah gotcha. Only started playing like two or so weeks ago. Two more questions is if you own items that are in a premium chest can or can't you roll those items? Also do some of those chest only skins come back around to grab later on?

You can only roll stuff from chests that you DON'T own. Every so often Hi-Rez gives away free chests which are nice because they can increase your chances at nice stuff from later chests because they remove items from the possible list of items.

If the skin is tagged as limited that means you can never get it again. Skins like Archon Thanatos and Poolsideon.
Exclusive means they are only found in chests. Chests are on a rotation so eventually they will come back round. Some chests are seasonal so you obviously have to wait for the corresponding season before they're available.

Keep in mind some skins are exclusive but are actually purchasable for a limited time.

The Odyssey is coming up. Here you purchase skins and other items, after certain number of purchases you get a free skin on top. If you buy everything from the Odyssey you get given a limited skin (Archon Thanatos was the first example of this).
So during the Odyssey these skins will be in the store and not a chest. After it ends though the skins will go into chests and come around every so often (the limited skin will never come back though).

It popped up for a short time today but it's wasn't supposed to go live until tomorrow (apparently) but an Odyssey chest is coming, seems to have access to all non-limited Odyssey items:

906022758eaba05c0a86a2406a630a34.png

Keep in mind it will have wards and avatars in it as well.

Liberty4all

Banned
I don't have my PC since I moved haven't played for almost a year. How rare are limited skins now like Winter Olympian Athena, Poolsieden, German soccer Xbal, Ymir Cacadodemon, Archon Thanatos, etc?

I really need to get my PC shipped out to me

I don't have my PC since I moved haven't played for almost a year. How rare are limited skins now like Winter Olympian Athena, Poolsieden, German soccer Xbal, Ymir Cacadodemon, Archon Thanatos, etc?

I really need to get my PC shipped out to me

Oh, it's been a while since our early morning team ups, I miss your Athena!

Out of the S1 limited skins you're most likely to see Archin Thanatos and Cacadodemon Ymir. The rest you won't see so often. Pretty sure Poolsideon is the rarest skin in the game.

The ones from the most recent Odyssey like Dragon Knight Ao and Ragnorok Thor are quite common as are the limited skins from the S2 and S3 season tickets.

If you have a laptop you could probably run the game as long as you can live with everything set to the lowest settings. I run like that sometimes on my laptop.
At low settings Smite doesn't really ask a lot of your computer.

Liberty4all

Banned
Oh, it's been a while since our early morning team ups, I miss your Athena!

Out of the S1 limited skins you're most likely to see Archin Thanatos and Cacadodemon Ymir. The rest you won't see so often. Pretty sure Poolsideon is the rarest skin in the game.

The ones from the most recent Odyssey like Dragon Knight Ao and Ragnorok Thor are quite common as are the limited skins from the S2 and S3 season tickets.

If you have a laptop you could probably run the game as long as you can live with everything set to the lowest settings. I run like that sometimes on my laptop.
At low settings Smite doesn't really ask a lot of your computer.

I'm flying back to Toronto Friday and will be on around 3AM EST. Not sleeping because I have to go back to the airport at 7AM for a flight to Mexico. Hoping to play for an hour or two lol.

Think I'll talk to my brother to see if he can help my wife pack up my PC and ship it to me. Will probaly cost a fortune :(

No laptop sadly. I've been living off my iPad and ps4.

I'm flying back to Toronto Friday and will be on around 3AM EST. Not sleeping because I have to go back to the airport at 7AM for a flight to Mexico. Hoping to play for an hour or two lol.

Think I'll talk to my brother to see if he can help my wife pack up my PC and ship it to me. Will probaly cost a fortune :(

No laptop sadly. I've been living off my iPad and ps4.

That's about 7am for me so maybe a bit early unfortunately, i might be there 8am my time (gmt) but make sure not to miss your flight.

Oh wow that is cute. :)

There is a sample of the vp here as well if you want to hear it: http://smitedatamining.com/smite-datamining-retro-nu-wa-and-susano-samur-ai/

Liberty4all

Banned
That's about 7am for me so maybe a bit early unfortunately, i might be there 8am my time (gmt) but make sure not to miss your flight.

I'll be only on for an hour or two. Just to do some arena with Poolsieden and Winter Olympian Athena :)

Gotta jet by 6:30 - 7AM. Still debating if I should try to catch an hour or two of sleep. I literally get into Toronto at 2AM, heading to condo to pick up my swimsuits then have to head back to airport at 6:30AM.

Despite the schedule id still like to catch a match or two of arena lol

I miss smite so much

Soooo ... I'm on vacation without access to a computer (writing this from a tablet) and I forgot to vote in advance for the winning teams for the season ticket. Is there any way to do so from the website or it's only possible from the game itself? I've been looking for a while through the e-sports sections, but I'm finding everything but that.

Related, how does one change the language the site is displayed in? It's dead set on displaying it in Portuguese, for some reason.

Soooo ... I'm on vacation without access to a computer (writing this from a tablet) and I forgot to vote in advance for the winning teams for the season ticket. Is there any way to do so from the website or it's only possible from the game itself? I've been looking for a while through the e-sports sections, but I'm finding everything but that.

Related, how does one change the language the site is displayed in? It's dead set on displaying it in Portuguese, for some reason.

You can only vote in-game unfortunately. You could give your log in details to someone you trust but outside of that you're out of luck.

I assume you mean smitegame.com? Top of the page is a black bar, on the right of this bar are 3 links separated from the rest. Language options is the left link of these three. Just to check you're in the right area the middle of the 3 should give you a small drop down with pictures of each of Hi-Rez's games.

All Odyssey items are available until the end of the event right? So I can hold out for a gem sale?

Edit: Also, good lord these instalock Izanami's are beyond horrible.

Liberty4all

Banned
That new mode looks insane, I know what I'm doing come Tuesday.

It's gonna almost be like a new game having all those new Gods thrown at you.

So I'm going to roll out with Winter Olympian Athena and have no idea how to build her ... I'm assuming there's a shitload of new items and old item balance changes too

All Odyssey items are available until the end of the event right? So I can hold out for a gem sale?

The items will be released in drips and drabs but once out they will remain available until the end of the Odyssey so you should be good.

So I'm going to roll out with Winter Olympian Athena and have no idea how to build her ... I'm assuming there's a shitload of new items and old item balance changes too

Athena actually won't be too bad as she hasn't been touched. She's not top of the guardian list like she used to be but not cause she's worse, its just that other guardians are better.
Two problem you may face, max cd is harder to build now since they reduced how much each item gives and there has also been a lot of shifting around of the item trees. Might take you a game or 2 to find the ones you want.
Also ritual dagger, ritual dagger is great.

Edit: Actually after the patch notes yesterday there will be a big change to boots coming that could affect every god.

Health, cooldown reduction, movespeed. These stats are good on anyone, the 20% attack speed is just icing on the cake (great for Chronos).
But it is all about that passive. It's giving an extra 2.5 seconds on your team wide actives. More sprint, curse, shell. 2.5 extra seconds of those can make or break a game.
It even gives a longer aegis if pikced up on squishies. It's not the greatest pick up on most squishies but doesn't hurt.

34 is the only person in the world that I ever hear say how great ritual dagger is.

I'm like a prophet.

People don't know now, but they will.

You can only vote in-game unfortunately. You could give your log in details to someone you trust but outside of that you're out of luck.

I assume you mean smitegame.com? Top of the page is a black bar, on the right of this bar are 3 links separated from the rest. Language options is the left link of these three. Just to check you're in the right area the middle of the 3 should give you a small drop down with pictures of each of Hi-Rez's games.

Thanks a lot for the info. I'll have a friend do it then. I couldn't find the three options to the right that you mention, it might be exclusive to the non-mobile site. Come to think of it I can switch to the regular site, I'll try that.

I've done a number of runs of the new Xing Tian Mountain mode.

It is quite fun if a little bit frustrating at times.

Some of the modes are definitely harder than others. I'll spoiler tag the harder ones I've faced incase someone wants to go into it fresh.

Loki mode: Loki will spam multiple decoys that will spawn where you are even as you move. he will then ult the lowest health person, invis and start again. You need good lockdown although you can burst him down before his first invis if you team is setup for that. He has max defence so he can withstand a lot.

Nox mode: She will target one person and use her 1. It will not stop until that person is dead. You need multiple sources of cc to stop her from casting her one and you need to spread out the use of them. She also has max defence.

Chronos mode: Three Chronos' who will ult anytime they get near death.If you have no burst this mode is impossible. CC helps though.

Geb mode: Start off with one giant Geb, pretty easy to kill. When he dies however he will spawn 2 normal sized versions of himself, these will also spawn 2 tiny versions each when they die. All the versions of Geb will constantly use rollout. This makes them very hard to lock down and kill. Silences are great for this. Having someone with Ancile is also useful. This one sounds really easy but it is harder than you'd expect.

Arena Buff monster: One arena buff lion and four obelisks. The obelisks are powering up the lion. From what I can tell they are giving him increased damage and damage reflect. You have to kill the obelisks first otherwise you have no chance because by hurting him you just kill yourself. Good objective takers like Sol or Chronos would probably make this easier.
This is the one mode I haven't been able to complete yet.

This isn't all the modes just the ones I have most trouble with personally. There is also apparently a mode which I haven't faced yet, a
Zeus
mode.

Also this google doc shows everything that will be coming in the Odyssey that we know about, we don't have pics of a lot of the stuff yet though: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uJizqA5eVy9V3yn_DwZ5BtlpX2pQvFfgKebrmYyIYUs/edit#gid=0

Malrend

Yeeeeesss, Ao Kuang skin.
If the Erlang Shen skin is inspired by Pokemon as I think it is.. Then I'm looking forward to seeing it as well.

Man has the matchmaking been kicking my ass recently. Until today I was on a 12 losing streak across modes. Playing solo and with friends. Ouch :(

gogosox82

Love Izamani's design but not really feeling playing her. I just don't feel like I'm contributing much to team fights. I guess the slow is nice as it helps get your ult off but it still doesn't feel impactful enough to me for some reason.

Malrend

Love Izamani's design but not really feeling playing her. I just don't feel like I'm contributing much to team fights. I guess the slow is nice as it helps get your ult off but it still doesn't feel impactful enough to me for some reason.

Her ult also has a silly small radius and while the Silence is nice, the damage isn't really worth the careful targeting necessary.
As I understand it however, they are going to adjust her ult's damage, to adjust to that issue of impact.

Apart from her ultimate, I think she's pretty solid late game, with a great chase ability that also allows for some fun surprise attacks. She's not going to be my primary choice of Hunter any time soon, but she won't be far down the list.

gogosox82

Her ult also has a silly small radius and while the Silence is nice, the damage isn't really worth the careful targeting necessary.
As I understand it however, they are going to adjust her ult's damage, to adjust to that issue of impact.

Apart from her ultimate, I think she's pretty solid late game, with a great chase ability that also allows for some fun surprise attacks. She's not going to be my primary choice of Hunter any time soon, but she won't be far down the list.

I think her mid game is meh. Early she has pretty good clear and her late is quite strong but her mid game when your rotating for objectives and teamfighting, she feels so weak to me when you don't have your steroid up. If they are going to change anything, they need to decrease the casting time on her 3. I think the ult is fine for what it is. Its a useful but boring ult. Her 3 feels kind of useless to me right now. Its really slow, you can be pulled, stunned, etc out of it and the stealth doesn't even last that long. It kind of feels like how Jing Wei's 3 felt at her release. Just incredibly awkward and not that useful in a teamfight scenario.

Malrend

I think her mid game is meh. Early she has pretty good clear and her late is quite strong but her mid game when your rotating for objectives and teamfighting, she feels so weak to me when you don't have your steroid up. If they are going to change anything, they need to decrease the casting time on her 3. I think the ult is fine for what it is. Its a useful but boring ult. Her 3 feels kind of useless to me right now. Its really slow, you can be pulled, stunned, etc out of it and the stealth doesn't even last that long. It kind of feels like how Jing Wei's 3 felt at her release. Just incredibly awkward and not that useful in a teamfight scenario.

I agree for the most part.
The wind-up for the 3 would be nice if shortened a bit, although there is some satisfaction tied to timing it correctly in terms of avoiding interruptions.

If I recall correctly, the amount of time she's stealthed has been increased with the Odyssey patch, so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Man Xing Tiang's Mountain is no joke. Only was able to get to round 7 with a group that teamed up with me. Before that, I was only ever able to get to like round 4 max. I really like it though.

Allied truly is strong and I'm glad he's still pulling through it. I still rock my AlliedStrong avatar when I do play. By far my favorite person in the entire community. Hope he continues to recover.

Top Bottom