• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

I don't like the new item builder system. It's much less intuitive than the simpler previous one. And I am very displeased that they deleted all of my existing item builds.

Aaron

I don't like the new item builder system. It's much less intuitive than the simpler previous one. And I am very displeased that they deleted all of my existing item builds.
Same here. It also wasn't properly saving my new builds, which hosed me in a game.

drgambit

Banned

I'm out of the game completely until this gets fixed. Auto-buy is pretty much a waste as well now that consumables are not purchased.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
should really be eased out of auto buy/level by level 20ish id say before that but yeah around that level you should already be counter building the enemy

This Slaughterhouse Chaac event, lol. I wonder if Hirez really thought people would hit 1 million kills, or if they intentionally set it that high.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Just go off recommended items or popular items.

That'll help somewhat until you feel comfortable with making your own builds.

Thanks. Sorry in advance if this is something which has been explained that I've simply ignored, but why are my items not appearing in the "HUD" at the bottom? I depend on the mana/speed/health potion things.

Liberty4all

Banned
It's come as a shock to me too to be honest.
Even as someone who doesn't play this game that much I don't use auto-buy.

I used autobuy up until lvl 10. It actually helped me to learn the game mechanics (running, initiating, skill shots, etc) first them get into item builds second.

JordanN

Banned
It's since been patched but 2 days ago, I got a glitched Xbalanque. It was very distracting to play.

i71AHQhgSoC3C.jpg

Funny thing is, our team still won.

I used autobuy up until lvl 10. It actually helped me to learn the game mechanics (running, initiating, skill shots, etc) first them get into item builds second.
Yeah I did this as well, but it didn't take me long to learn the item system. There really aren't that many items to keep track of. At least I didn't think so. Especially since a lot of items are staples in many builds. The situational items are very situational it seems.

Really, learning the item system is easy. It's learning what and WHEN to buy vs a team comp that is rough.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks. Sorry in advance if this is something which has been explained that I've simply ignored, but why are my items not appearing in the "HUD" at the bottom? I depend on the mana/speed/health potion things.

Hey...sorry to bump this, but I really have no idea about this - is it possible to use the item builder to pre-set something so I don't have to worry about item buying in-game? Does anyone know if there's a video tutorial on how to do this? (I couldn't see one in-game).

Thanks.

Indignate

From what I understand, auto-buy will only purchase a set amount of consumables per match now, instead of purchasing them every time you hit the fountain.

Honestly, there comes a point in a match, maybe 15 minutes in or so, where potions aren't worth it anymore.

If you're talking about stat increasing items. The auto-buyer should still be purchasing that for you.

Edit:

I don't like 4v4 Siege. It gives you less chance to get someone on your team that actually knows what they're doing and won't lock in a full mage team. That Neith fed, but at least she changed from a mage...into a hunter, but it's the thought that counts.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=72288451

drotahorror

^ That's just because you're playing at lower levels. @ level 30 95% of the time it'll be 2 phys/ 2 magic. 5% of the time people break the normal meta of the mode but it's not always disastrous.

My old account was level 18 and I played it on it a few weeks ago when I got a timeout on my main account. Playing Conquest was absolutely brutal. No one knew about the roles they should play, very rarely did I play a game at that level where everyone knew where they should go and whatnot. Luckily it was kind of easy to carry as jungle.

Aaron

Classes don't matter much in siege. You can win with any gods if your team knows what they're doing. I've won matches where our side had almost no kills because we were all push, and I've won games where our team was basically pure gankers. I won one game in under ten minutes because I was a kali with neith backup consistently rolling the other team, so it didn't even matter what our other teammates were. I don't think any towers were even lost in their lane. I feel that 4v4 is exactly what it should be. 5v5 felt cramped and unwieldy.

Wait, people were using auto-buy?

should really be eased out of auto buy/level by level 20ish id say before that but yeah around that level you should already be counter building the enemy

Of course. But I'm lazy and mostly play Arena, so I use the same or very similar builds 99% of the time. I would tweak my builds between games until I found my favorite one, so all of my builds had months and months of testing that went into them. And now they're all gone lol.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
From what I understand, auto-buy will only purchase a set amount of consumables per match now, instead of purchasing them every time you hit the fountain.

Honestly, there comes a point in a match, maybe 15 minutes in or so, where potions aren't worth it anymore.

If you're talking about stat increasing items. The auto-buyer should still be purchasing that for you.

Thanks.

I play Arena almost exclusively, and usually leave the auto settings on. This means I start with mana potion / health potion and the sprint boost. Now the autobuy will still purchase the upgrades but does not buy the consumables. When I switch autobuy off, I can buy consumables, but I also need to manually buy everything else.

Perhaps I'm more casual then most on this thread (at least for now), but Smite is my first experience with a MOBA. I'm getting used to it (and enjoying it an awful lot), but I have become dependent on just leaving the game to sort out all of that for me.

I hope they don't get flak for dressing up an Egyptian god as an American symbol.
Reddit's already a mess, but it's reddit.

I don't play Ra, but I'm buying it. Amazing limited edition skin coupled with the donation thing. No brainer purchase.

I really can't wait to hear the voice pack, hopefully they show it off tomorrow or Friday with patch notes.

Yeah, I kind of love it. Only thing I kind of wish it had was an Uncle Sam hat lol. Can't wait to hear the voice pack (assuming it's different).

I've been playing a lot of assault lately. Just got into a match where we had Ares and Kumbha. I felt bad for the other team lol. The rest of our team was Ra, Agni, Vamana.

Rama spoilied today, full patch notes and in game footage of the new skins (HirezKelly spoiled a second skin alongside Ramerica) tomorrow.

Anyway, Rama Hindu Hunter:

0zGr2ov.jpg

MnyBI1R.jpg

XR8ot8J.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
almost all smite skins are 50% off right now till the 23rd i dont need many more pretty much have all of them but ill pick up the few more that i need

Indignate

Trying to get that steam money.

It's all pre-launch skins, so none newer ones that have been released.

The only one I'm eyeing is Neith's, but I don't even use her that much.

has a pretty good video for the sale though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3EMMIkQoTU

edit: space monkey for hunbatz and darklord sun wukong made it before the cutoff both those skins are awesome

Haha, appreciate it. It was funny going pun by pun through the script and seeing which jokes could make it in the final video. The sale actually ended up going live this afternoon, so the deal's good to go for anyone interested.

Xyber

I've been playing this for about a week now, gotten to level 12. Did my second match with Vamana yesterday in Siege and managed to get a quad kill when they were attacking our guardian thingy and they surrendered.

Probably my best moment in a MOBA since I'm usually pretty bad at them.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
less then 30 minutes till patch notes and i read on reddit that they intend for the pts to go up right after so we should be able to play the new god today and i really need to buy more gems on my account so i can buy that ra skin during pts

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
its cool people relied on it to much the only people it really hurts is tanks but ill figure something else out to replace it

Liberty4all

Banned
almost all smite skins are 50% off right now till the 23rd i dont need many more pretty much have all of them but ill pick up the few more that i need

I went crazy and bought 5k gems.

Also, Patch notes: https://docs.google.com/a/hirezstud...ZWblgn7Uu3aFAptQzil0sNJgzNURrQsPgQSJV78vw/pub

edit: Poor Hades

edit 2: RIP Poly

edit 3: Every Warrior Packing Ancile confirmed. Not sure how i feel about that ... mages are the strongest in the game right now but the stats on that Ancile .... +20 Physical Power, +60 Magical Protection. PASSIVE - You permanently gain +.5 Physical Power and +.25% Cooldown Reduction per stack, and receive 5 stacks per god kill and 1 stack per minion kill. (max. 60 stacks). Cost: 2400.

Top Bottom