• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Phades

Yeah, finally played some 4v4 Siege this weekend and I didn't think it was as fun as 5v5. It's one notch too far in to "serious" territory whereas I'd rather it be more crazy like Assault.

"Crazy" assault seemed like the launch party event (MOTD) where picks were made manually and unrestricted.

Regular assault can bog down into a staring match rather easily and drag out for nearly an hour as a result. It just depends on the picks and how much healing vs CC there is. Ra and hell showing up with little to no CC on both sides led to extremely short engagement periods and longer periods of waiting for the 1-2 healers to top everyone off. I'd rather play anything else where at least something is happening.

Man. I rolled Change and Aphro 3 times in a row yesterday in assault. Then I got Hel in a match soon after. I really don't know what the game was trying to tell me.

It wasn't fun either. People bitch and moan about heals all game. A lot of people don't seem to understand Chang'e either.

Phades

It wasn't fun either. People bitch and moan about heals all game. A lot of people don't seem to understand Chang'e either.

A weird dichotomy of seeing a weak enemy, but also having not enough HP to survive a dive and get reduced to watching the HP get brought back at about the same rate on both sides. This, when combined with self importance makes for impertinent players.

Indignate

So, are they fixing Arachne or...

10464230_771586659528099_1213612555621635492_n.jpg

"Crazy" assault seemed like the launch party event (MOTD) where picks were made manually and unrestricted.

Regular assault can bog down into a staring match rather easily and drag out for nearly an hour as a result. It just depends on the picks and how much healing vs CC there is. Ra and hell showing up with little to no CC on both sides led to extremely short engagement periods and longer periods of waiting for the 1-2 healers to top everyone off. I'd rather play anything else where at least something is happening.

True. It's a roll of the dice. 5v5 Seige was less so though. The nature of it made it engagements and team fights frequent and crazy due to the number of players and the matches were still short and sweet. In that way a better comparison would be Arena which I think is a great balance of fast, fun, and competitive even if you have guys annoyed at certain picks. Right now I feel like 4v4 Seige sits somewhere between Arena and Conquest in "seriousness". I'm sure a lot of people are cool with that and I don't begrudge them, but I had more fun with it when it sat closer to Arena.

I bet it's a console version. The only difference between it and the PC version will be that Arachne is the main and only playable character.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
they were talking about a ps4 version a few months back in the spoils section think if that were to happen with no competition in the way and with no big games releasing for a while it could hit huge

they were talking about a ps4 version a few months back in the spoils section think if that were to happen with no competition in the way and with no big games releasing for a while it could hit huge

That would help expand the community even further, so that would definitely be a good thing in my eyes. I suppose we will find out.

OsirisBlack

Banned

First of all that would be amazing just not sure how it would play with a controller or would standard USB KB and M work on PS4? Never tried using them on my PS4 so I legit don't know. Also this game gets more playtime than anything not named Mario Kart 8 right now. Anyone looking for matches my username is the same here and on smite.

Aaron

You can play Smite with a controller right now. That's how I play, and I like it better than KB / Mouse for nearly every god. Anubis is the one exception since his ult is hard to aim with a stick. Menus don't work with a pad, but they could easily be changed.

drotahorror

I tried Smite with a controller 1 time just because I could. That was it for me. M/KB is much better for any type of aiming in any game. Also the sensitivity was so slow and I don't think it could be changed.

That said, I would love to play this on PS4 with some of my friends. I would hope accounts would carry over though. But I'm guessing they wouldn't.

OsirisBlack

Banned
I tried Smite with a controller 1 time just because I could. That was it for me. M/KB is much better for any type of aiming in any game. Also the sensitivity was so slow and I don't think it could be changed.

That said, I would love to play this on PS4 with some of my friends. I would hope accounts would carry over though. But I'm guessing they wouldn't.

They should like final fantasy XIV does now even FFXI did on PS2

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
well they could optimize the console version to suit controllers better i just hope this is what the announcement is or a new game mode or *cough*5v5 siege is brought back *clears throat* what?

I think with sensitivity options and a reworked menu UI (like maybe a radial menu or something), Smite would work great with a controller. Hardest part really is the menu but it could be done.

Phades

well they could optimize the console version to suit controllers better i just hope this is what the announcement is or a new game mode or *cough*5v5 siege is brought back *clears throat* what?

You ok? That almost sounded like you had an arachne fix stuck in your throat.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
You ok? That almost sounded like you had an arachne fix stuck in your throat.

im down for arachne to get a little rework but only if there was a awesome mode to test her out in i just cant put my finger on it feeling like it should be set in south america and be good you know like a rad video game not slow and lame but good just cant seem to figure it out im sure it will come to me

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
god damn it bort why are they hyping esports nonsense anything esports related should just be a thing you throw in like oh yeah we got this thing going on check it out maybe not some giant mega hype thing unless your announcing like were giving everyone 20 jillion dollars and free golden rocket cars this shit is straight up cray cray

mkenyon

Banned
god damn it bort why are they hyping esports nonsense anything esports related should just be a thing you throw in like oh yeah we got this thing going on check it out maybe not some giant mega hype thing unless your announcing like were giving everyone 20 jillion dollars and free golden rocket cars this shit is straight up cray cray
Why?

mkenyon

Banned
That makes no sense. There's never a case where a mega hype announcement is going to benefit everyone.

I'm sorry you don't like esports. But, a lot of people do.

Though I think big esports announcements deserve more fanfare than just a side mention, I understand where he's coming from. This announcement seems to be more hyped than most and I'm not sure what they could possibly announce esport-wise that would come close to justifying it (Smite on TV I guess?). The Smite World Championship was already announced earlier today. They probably should have been more upfront that that was the focus instead of letting people get too wild with speculation.

No big deal though. I've been on the internet long enough to temper my expectations for hyped announcements lol.

Phades

So, "fantasy football" for a moba running parrallel to the actual game?

Or did I just read something weird/unrelated elsewhere?

Straw poll going on right now for a new Bacchus skin:

Elvis:

vs

Boozer of the Opera:

EDIT: Also all Gods unlocked this weekend:

And Gem sale which starts today:

Everyone loves free gems. Starting from Wednesday July 2nd until Sunday July 6th certain purchases will include free gems.

Purchase the Ultimate God Pack and receive 400 Gems free.
Purchase the 2500 Gem Pack and receive 400 Gems free.
Purchase the 3500 Gem Pack and receive 800 Gems free.
Purchase the 8000 Gem Pack and receive 1500 Gems free.

reFUXDu.png

So apparently more info about the SWC was the big announcement + the stuff I posted above :/ Even with tempered expectations, that was pretty disappointing. I'm not saying that it's not important, but they really should have just been up front about the esports angle. That's the nature of hype though.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm sploatee, surprisingly :)

Although I never see anyone online, UK timezone sadly.

I wish there were more British Smite players.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
i work the graveyard shifts here on the west coast so i should be on around your time usually just havnt played this week been busy with things

Spec Ops Bastet skin in the next patch to finally replace the night prowler skin.

tumblr_n8gr2fPhAu1rzofi9o1_500.png

I will be getting it day one. Bastet is one of my favorite gods, hands-down.

JordanN

Banned
That's why I love Smite. Developers got balls.

Now when will Mercury get a "Flash" skin. Or Janus with Iron Man.

Top Bottom