• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Indignate

Yes, because every spy/spec ops character in history is Black Widow. I hope you were joking, in which case I apologize.

I am, it was a call back to the Catwoman controversy.

Of course it's not something that I think Marvel/Disney can go after, as it is a fairly generic look, but let's not deny that black leather suit with guns does not invoke images of Black Widow, particularly since she's gotten relatively more popular in the mainstream lately.

Of course it's not something that I think Marvel/Disney can go after, as it is a fairly generic look, but let's not deny that black leather suit with guns does not invoke images of Black Widow, particularly since she's gotten relatively more popular in the mainstream lately.

Indeed. I don't deny that it doesn't have allusions to it, however, black leather and guns alludes to all sorts of spies and such.

Phades

Pretty sure they are safe with this one, since she isn't wearing stun gloves and dual weilding pistols... I mean, if we are going with this line of thought, they could have done a C&D over how thor uses his ultimate and hammer throw...

It does make me wonder what her cats are going to be changed into, in order to fit the theme.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
bet with that mail box ward skin well be seeing mailman mercury soon also cant wait for these skins to come out bought a shit ton of gems during the gem sale

JordanN

Banned
New Gawd: Serqet

iE7Cu4eFcM45o.jpg

pl8vV7a.png

ib111iaAcAHIjP.png

41aYllM.png

She was suppose to have a real scorpion tail but it was considered gross (by Tencent?). It's now robotic.

So this is our female warrior right?

Even though she looks like an assassin.

I didn't catch if they actually said, but her kit seems much more like an assassin to me. It looks like it's all about mobility, ganking, and burst. Might be a Nemesis situation again though.

New Gawd: Serqet

She was suppose to have a real scorpion tail but it was considered gross (by Tencent?). It's now robotic.

Interesting reaction to it on Reddit. People are worried we're getting too many humanoid Gods with armor or whatever as opposed to stuff like Bakasura or Arachne due to Tencent interference. I don't know how true that is though considering she's an Egyptian god who tend to be very humanoid (apparently she's usually depicted as a woman with a scorpion on her head) and it's not like Geb or AMC aren't relatively recent Gods. Not to mention Geb specifically is usually just depicted as a dude, so they monstered him up if anything.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I was. It is very annoying that they are all pretty much that. That being said, they are goddesses.

Yeah, but goddess doesn't automatically mean looking like that. It's not a massive deal (still love the game!) but come on, Hi-Rez - it's not just straight men who play this game!! Fan-service for everyone :)

P.S. Bamelin - sorry I missed you, I'm U.K. time so usually have a couple of games when I get in from work. - so about 8 - 9 pm GMT

Yeah, but goddess doesn't automatically mean looking like that. It's not a massive deal (still love the game!) but come on, Hi-Rez - it's not just straight men who play this game!! Fan-service for everyone :)

P.S. Bamelin - sorry I missed you, I'm U.K. time so usually have a couple of games when I get in from work. - so about 8 - 9 pm GMT

The thing is, almost all ancient gods and goddesses were hyper-idealized humans.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The thing is, almost all ancient gods and goddesses were hyper-idealized humans.

I guess so. I think it's pretty clear though, looking at the roster, where the character designers are coming from. I could be wrong, but that's just my impression of it.

Phades

Funny that she has huge breasts. I guess they like huge breasts in Georgia. :/

On a scale of scylla to aphrodite, she sits somewhere between artemis and neith. The two questionable aspects of the design are really the V cut top and the cyborg tail.

... but come on, Hi-Rez - it's not just straight men who play this game!! Fan-service for everyone :)
Throw Hi-rez some suggestions to throw in Min or something else male related then. Although I think Jormungandr could be a possibility if they are rotating pantheons.

Min is not a serious sugestion as I'd see him more of a "joke" character/suggestion than anything given that god's description/background

Edit, nope not Jormungandr, but most likely Kukulkan. https://twitter.com/schisam/status/487397863337762816

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11cOJuSZDleMNtVHK0mKRVn9J5hBuc8PhQS_8B1c3MuU/pub

Technically, it can be 650 damage to several enemies, not to just one.

New God: Serqet (Egyptian Assassin)

Catalyst - Passive

Serqet's Basic Attacks apply Catalyst, which consumes her lingering Poisons. If the target is affected by two different poisons they are dealt 10% of their maximum health has physical damage. If affected by three different poisons they are dealt 20% of their maximum health has physical damage.

Deathbane

Serqet dashes three times from side to side, dealing 60/80/100/120/140 +30% of her Physical Power as damage, and applying Deathbane Poison to each enemy hit. This ability can critical hit, and Serqet is immune to knockup while dashing. Deathbane Poison reduces a target's physical protection by 25% for 3s, after which it remains in a lingering dormant state for 20s. Cooldown 10s. Cost 60.

Cobra’s Kiss

Serqet launches her two blades forward, dealing 50/70/90/110/130 +40% of her physical power as damage and applying the Cobra's Kiss Poison. Cobra's Kiss Poison drives gods to madness for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s, forcing them to attack nearby allies, dealing 50/60/70/80/90 +30% Physical Power scaling per basic attack hit, or walk harmlessly towards Serqet. After the madness, Cobra's kiss remains in a lingering dormant state for 20s. Cooldown 18s. Cost 70/75/80/85/90.

Ambush

Serqet enters stealth, rooting herself in place. She may leap to a target location, dealing 80/140/200/260/320 +50% of her physical power as damage to enemies. She will stay hidden until she leaps or cancels this ability. Enemy gods within range 12.5 will reveal her. Cooldown 15s. Cost 70/75/80/85/90.

Last Breath

Serqet leaps to an enemy, stunning them for 1s, applying the Last Breath poison, then pushing them 30 units away. The Last Breath poison deals 150/275/400/525/650 true damage over the next 5s, and prevents healing. If an enemy dies while infected with Last Breath, they will explode, applying the poison to all nearby enemies. Cooldown 90s. Cost 100.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Blimey. A particularly bad bunch of randoms tonight.

How many times do people use the word "noob"? Randoms have generally been OK up to now. Guess Friday night on the EU servers is when the kids come online. Stops it being fun tbh :(

MightyKAC

Me and 4 other rando's just went Team All Ra'Merica on some poor guys in the MOTD which was BIG FUN!!!!

And also thanks for the game XT Vengeance too bad our 3rd decided to dip :(

Me and 4 other rando's just went Team All Ra'Merica on some poor guys in the MOTD which was BIG FUN!!!!

And also thanks for the game XT Vengeance too bad our 3rd decided to dip :(

Indeed. If he had not bailed out, we would have stomped those guys, especially considering how long just the two of us were keeping them stalled.

The reveal video is up.
Serqet Goddes Reveal

Isomac

Wow this game is really fun. I played couple online arena matches and had really good time. I am surprised, I think I'll get that character pack.

Aaron

gooble gobble gooble gobble
I've been dominating with Ao Kuang lately. Nearly carried an entire team in a siege match, but my teammates were just too lousy. Had a three level lead over everyone else in the match at one point, but couldn't quite take on the other team all by myself.

I've been dominating with Ao Kuang lately. Nearly carried an entire team in a siege match, but my teammates were just too lousy. Had a three level lead over everyone else in the match at one point, but couldn't quite take on the other team all by myself.

I know that feeling all too well. The thing about siege is that it can go either way.

dejan

So is anyone playing Conquest League here? I've more than 300 Conquest matches under my belt and mastered 19 gods (4 hunters, 4 guardians, 5 mages, 4 warriors, 2 assassins) so far and I have a feeling it may be still too early for League. I think, I have a good grasp on the current Conquest meta, but I probably need a bigger pool of gods to choose from.

Yeah, in the end Serqet is much less OP than she seemed at first. They key is how the dash is her main source of damage, so you can't use it to escape lots of times, the leap is "slow" needed a bit of time to jump, and the ult also needs one second while you are doing it so it can't be used in the middle of a teamfight without care. And mainly, she is super squishy.

Indignate

After my long absence, I decided to play a match of Siege tonight.

One guy instalocked the new character and then told us not to be mad at him if he sucks...

He proceeded to give 5 deaths (cuz his squishy ass just kept going in on Janus) before disconnecting. Then our AMC started to intentionally feed by rushing their fountain.

Still came out on top. Nu Wa and Freya cleaned up.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=80723460

I couldn't even play after that. Even though we won, the whole thing just left me sour.

EDIT:

Looking at their history, the AMC was on his seventh game. I don't know if it's sadder if that was a smurf or a actual new account.

The leaver has a great record of 149 wins and 173 leaves...

So what's the point of reporting people?

Xyber

Haven't seen a good Serqet yet. Did have a guy on my team who had mastered her though. I figured he'd put up a decent fight

He did 1k damage and claimed we stole his kills haha.

Hah, those are the best.

I've only tried Serqet 2 times now, both matches ended before they even started so I have no idea how good she can become late game.

rv2pqw.jpg

I like her so far, squishy as hell though. It's fun to do combos where someone pulls/throws an enemy in to our tower then I jump on with my ult and push the guy further in. The tower damage plus my tick pretty much always kills them.

The leaver has a great record of 149 wins and 173 leaves...

So what's the point of reporting people?

Fucking hell.. I'm going strong with my 112 wins and 0 leaves and I intend to keep it that way when it comes to leaves.

Top Bottom