• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Aaron

Sure, you can do fine with a pad. I won't argue with that. But you are still handicapping yourself to a degree by limiting your turning speed, pro level or not.
Overall I respond faster and can juke incoming attacks easier. I've always found lateral movement stiff and less natural on the keyboard. It's pretty rare for the turning speed to be an issue. I can think of maybe two times in 100+ games.

Also, is there a way to map callouts to the pad somehow? Being able to call missing and stuff is also important in pub games with random people.
I have to tap with the mouse for that. Much like there's no proper mapping for the voice commands, but this is stuff they could add for a console release pretty easily.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
This game is fun. Is it worth it to buy all gods for $30? Or do you unlock em all reLatively fast?

its one of the best deals in mobas to get the $30 dollar pack buying the gods from favor at this point would take a ton of time if you plan on playing for a while it is super worth it

Aaron

This game is fun. Is it worth it to buy all gods for $30? Or do you unlock em all reLatively fast?
If you really like the game it's worth it. There's already a ton of gods and they add new ones regularly. I find it a lot more fun to go into a match, and not being forced into a small selection.

I just started playing the game and I have to say I love Arena. I haven't bothered with the other game modes because from what I hear, they seem very conducive to angry players.

When I started playing, I hated neith, now I am trying to get neith first. Late game in Arena she kicks butt once you get your attack speed as high as possible.

ADDED 2: Nothing is worst in late endgame than a terrible Neith player, Neith can completely turn away a game in the hands of an average player. This only applies to lower levels since I am only at level 4, I don't know how good she is at higher levels.

ADDED 1: I might just buy all the gods, so I don't have to worry about grinding them out from now and in the future. Even if I don't play much, it seems like a good deal, to have so I can dabble in the game once in a while.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
neith is amazing at all levels good clear and high escape make sure to always pop your weaves on players to get that stun and go ham on them and if they get in your grill use your back flip and spam your laugh at them

neith is amazing at all levels good clear and high escape make sure to always pop your weaves on players to get that stun and go ham on them and if they get in your grill use your back flip and spam your laugh at them

How does weave work? I still don't fully understand it. So when a god dies, he leaves a glowing field, how do you use the glowing field? Or how to you use a broken Weave?Do you just stand on it and attack? Do you walk on it?

added: never you attack through the weave, I think.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
How does weave work? I still don't fully understand it. So when a god dies, he leaves a glowing field, how do you use the glowing field? Or how to you use a broken Weave?Do you just stand on it and attack? Do you walk on it?

when they die or you do your back flip you drop a weave all you have to do is shoot it with your 1 and it will go off and if they are in the area of it they will be rooted can also use your 2 to break them as well i just like using her 1 to break them though for the extra damage and root

Strazyplus

As for controls no thanks... sounds like a bad idea to clutch yourself, but its your decision.

I still use auto level and items... I have looked at build guides but just fail to understand what I am doing. XD

I've posted about it before, but as someone who has always despised WASD movement, this thing is a godsend:

seyvzLM.png

Logitech G13

Let's you keep the precision aiming of the mouse, while giving you a joystick for movement and still giving you plenty of customizable keys to work with. Razer makes their own version as well but I can't vouch for it.

gogosox82

Any recommendation on control schemes? Hitting numbers while moving with wasd isn't fluid.

I use a razer naga mmo gaming mouse. It has 12 programmable buttons on the side of the mouse so I just rebind everything to 1-12 and use f1-f4 to level up. Was thinking about switching the upgrade keys to something q,e,r,f or something but I've never had an issue using the f keys. I tried a game pad but it felt really uncomfortable to me for whatever reason. Didn't like it at all.

Aaron

I still use auto level and items... I have looked at build guides but just fail to understand what I am doing. XD
Stick to auto-level until you've got a better feel for the game. Just pay attention to the sorts of items its buying for you. Different gods have different needs, and you'll want different things as the match goes on. Getting hit too hard? Get a defensive item. Not hitting hard enough? Go for a damage item. It comes simple once you get into it.

I've posted about it before, but as someone who has always despised WASD movement, this thing is a godsend:

Logitech G13

Let's you keep the precision aiming of the mouse, while giving you a joystick for movement and still giving you plenty of customizable keys to work with. Razer makes their own version as well but I can't vouch for it.

Whelp...I have to buy one of those now. Not for Smite, but for MMOs and such.

Well, I never feel at a disadvantage when it comes to WASD, I just think that it would be incredibly handy when it comes to PvP.
Well, I am always at a disadvantage with WASD because I find it extremely uncomfortable and it's a terrible control scheme and it should feel bad. I meant at a disadvantage with a controller though, like if I was playing PvP in a game that needed precise aiming.

phinious

I can't stop playing this game. Jungling and ganking with Hercules feels so good. Just went 32/4 in conquest. Only been playing for 4 hrs total

Indignate

Apparently feeding is really fun cuz everyone is doing it, I should try it sometime.

At least none of them were intentional today (at least I think).

Indignate

Have you guys tried Curse yet?

I'm running it now and I've yet to run into anybody using it.

Doesn't seem like Hi-Rez has given it much promotion either.

Whatever, free gems.

EDIT:

Ugh, my internet decides to drop just as I'm joining a match (going into the picking phase) and I get leaver status. I'm done for now.

Strazyplus

Have you guys tried Curse yet?

I'm running it now and I've yet to run into anybody using it.

Doesn't seem like Hi-Rez has given it much promotion either.

Whatever, free gems.

EDIT:

Ugh, my internet decides to drop just as I'm joining a match (going into the picking phase) and I get leaver status. I'm done for now.

I have it and disappointed people are not using it as much.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
really big gem promotion this sunday

Everyone loves gems. Log in this Sunday and earn 40 free gems for every First Win of the Day Bonus achieved. With so many modes available, players can earn up to 320 gems free!

This event will run from 5:00 AM EDT / 11:00 AM CEST Sunday July 27th all the way until 5:00 AM EDT / 11:00 AM CEST Monday, July 28th.

alazz

Tonight against my better financial judgement I bought the ultimate god pack. Totally worth it. This is giving me some Guild Wars 1 vibes and I can't put it down. I should've played it when I got a beta key back in 2012 but I didn't even activate it.

I've mostly been playing Arena. While Zeus remains my favorite I'm really surprised by how much I enjoy Odin after only two games. But getting 25 kills and only 4 deaths against a solid, coordinated team as Zeus felt amazing.

Anyhow I'd love an invite to the GAF clan! My username is alazz

Strazyplus

Tonight against my better financial judgement I bought the ultimate god pack. Totally worth it. This is giving me some Guild Wars 1 vibes and I can't put it down. I should've played it when I got a beta key back in 2012 but I didn't even activate it.

I've mostly been playing Arena. While Zeus remains my favorite I'm really surprised by how much I enjoy Odin after only two games. But getting 25 kills and only 4 deaths against a solid, coordinated team as Zeus felt amazing.

I would add you however I cannot do it, only Leaders and Officers can add and I am merely a member.

Contact OP or Rygar 8 Bit to be added!

Strazyplus

I like all the modes, and I am still trying to master an certain god so I become good.

I am getting about even kills and deaths... like to lower those deaths have more kills :p

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

sent

So I changed our clan tag to NGAF just to see if you could have 4 characters, (for some reason I thought it was 5 only)...

So, were stuck with NGAF for 7 days lol

Played for the first time in a while this morning (I'm in the middle of another Skyrim binge).

That new scorpion girl is pretty cool, but seems ridiculously squishy. Anyway I did work as Ao Kuang, even though that Polynomicon nerf really hurt him. I haven't played since they nerfed it so I hadn't experienced it yet.

Indignate

So I changed our clan tag to NGAF just to see if you could have 4 characters, (for some reason I thought it was 5 only)...

So, were stuck with NGAF for 7 days lol

NGAF is fine. I still think 1LOVE is better but whatever. I've started to preface every match by telling everybody in the lobby to be best friends with each other and ending that with saying "1 love" and so far I've yet to run into any flamers.

So it's really like an inside joke for me.

Played for the first time in a while this morning (I'm in the middle of another Skyrim binge).

That new scorpion girl is pretty cool, but seems ridiculously squishy. Anyway I did work as Ao Kuang, even though that Polynomicon nerf really hurt him. I haven't played since they nerfed it so I hadn't experienced it yet.

Poly nerfed everyone.

My Nu Wa isn't as destructive as she used to be. I mean, she still blows every non-tank up, but still.

Indignate

All the voice packs are currently on sale at 100 gems.

Kind of stinks that the sale ends on Saturday while the free gem day is on Sunday.

Strazyplus

All the voice packs are currently on sale at 100 gems.

Kind of stinks that the sale ends on Saturday while the free gem day is on Sunday.

I just bought a voice pack a few days ago... wasting 200 gems from the curse thing. not mad I got what I wanted and theres nothing else I want from the store... jokes on them!

Top Bottom