• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Played for the first time in a while this morning (I'm in the middle of another Skyrim binge).

That new scorpion girl is pretty cool, but seems ridiculously squishy. Anyway I did work as Ao Kuang, even though that Polynomicon nerf really hurt him. I haven't played since they nerfed it so I hadn't experienced it yet.

She is incredibly broken once she gets rolling. The amount of CC she has is insane.

Can you be a part of multiple clans at once?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Can I please have an invite to the clan? TriniTrin is the name!

Been playing as Ra, really liking this game!

Valygar

I usually play joust, and my friends only play mages so I'm usually rotating between hunter and guardian/warrior.

I have almost mastered all hunters, but I have problems finding a tanky god that suits me.

I played with vamana and he's great, I manage to do a lot of damage and survive but the lack of cc hurts my friends a lot. If I pick a very heavy cc hero, then we don't have enough damage because our hunter tends to suck. Help me GAF!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
cool down ymir frost breath every 6 seconds for hard cc and glacial strike for stupid damage and a slow every 4 seconds and if you get blink you can pretty much destroy anyone there is no escape from the destruction that is ymir

Anilusion

I tried this game a bit waaay back, like a few years ago. I just installed it again and played a few games, the game is very fun. So I have a few questions:

Would you recommend the all hero pack for a new player?
Do you have any tips to improve my play? I have played like 1500 dota games if that helps.
How do I join the GAF clan?

Thanks!

Liberty4all

Banned
I tried this game a bit waaay back, like a few years ago. I just installed it again and played a few games, the game is very fun. So I have a few questions:

Do you have any tips to improve my play? I have played like 1500 dota games if that helps.

Thanks!

Get the Godpack. Well worth the 30 bucks.

Play arena. You start with more money and scale up quicker over,a match.

Learn to build manually. Maybe use auto build for the first 10 levels or so, but read what the items do as it auto buys. Try to move to manual builds as soon as you can. Again arena is,good for this as you start with more money, get money quicker and scale in power faster.

Be ready at lower levels that players will quit mid match all the time. That goes away once you hit lvl 30.

Get the Godpack. Well worth the 30 bucks.

Play arena. You start with more money and scale up quicker over,a match.

Learn to build manually. Maybe use auto build for the first 10 levels or so, but read what the items do as it auto buys. Try to move to manual builds as soon as you can. Again arena is,good for this as you start with more money, get money quicker and scale in power faster.

Be ready at lower levels that players will quit mid match all the time. That goes away once you hit lvl 30.

Huh? Maybe if you have low Goodwill, but I haven't really had much of an issue with people quitting out before the match ends.

Liberty4all

Banned
Huh? Maybe if you have low Goodwill, but I haven't really had much of an issue with people quitting out before the match ends.

That's good if this hasn't been your experience. Alot of newer players I talk to complain about people rage quitting mid match. It certainly seemed to happen alot when I first started playing.

FireSol

Yesterday lan was great!! Sadly no one picked Tyr (((
And any recomendations how to get in to conquest? I'm not bad in Arena, but in conquest my positioning is awful

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

Thanks!

whats your name ill send invite

Aaron

Sucks. I have a few hours to play right now before I've got to do other stuff. Hopefully they're back soon.

Edit: Servers back.

Indignate

So, tomorrow Im gonna start shouting for Skirmish groups (after getting the warps of course).

Can anyone give me a run down on how things like pop costs and drops work for pug groups? Also what tiers should I aim for with Yorcia?

I looked all over reddit and bg, and while I can find guides on the Skirmishes themselves, I can't find anything about the general rule of thumb for Skirmishing with randoms. Seeing as how it costs money/time to enter.

Athena.

So, tomorrow Im gonna start shouting for Skirmish groups (after getting the warps of course).

Can anyone give me a run down on how things like pop costs and drops work for pug groups? Also what tiers should I aim for with Yorcia?

I looked all over reddit and bg, and while I can find guides on the Skirmishes themselves, I can't find anything about the general rule of thumb for Skirmishing with randoms. Seeing as how it costs money/time to enter.

I am not really sure that you are talking about Smite.

Strazyplus

I am not really sure that you are talking about Smite.

I assumed it was about smite but I dont know... I am confused.

I really hate when people feel the need to use voice commands in triplicate. If someone isn't going to retreat the first time you tell them too, they sure as fuck aren't going to do it the third. It annoys the fuck out of me and everyone I play with. All it does is make you seem like an asshole.

I assumed it was about smite but I dont know... I am confused.

There isn't anyone named Yorica. I also have no idea what he means by warps, and none of the matches in Smite are called skirmishes.

drotahorror

Just played against Rygar 8 Bit in a conquest game. I had to play ADC and I never play ADC. GG though, you're pretty good at Ymir. I was Rama on the other team.

speaking entirely on low levels Arena, it is sometimes more beneficial for me if someone does quit. A lot of the times, those are the times to feed points/kills to the other team.

added: it allows allows me more kills once I build up my items in Arena.

Strazyplus

I really hate when people feel the need to use voice commands in triplicate. If someone isn't going to retreat the first time you tell them too, they sure as fuck aren't going to do it the third. It annoys the fuck out of me and everyone I play with. All it does is make you seem like an asshole.

I am guilty of spamming the voices I try to keep the spam minimal but useful if someone listens.

But nobody does and keeps going and feeds the enemy.

Korten

Banned
Think I'm about to quit Smite. I don't know what happened, one day I was winning a lot, and then now... I can't even win a single match. Rarely is a game close, every game one side just fucking dominates the other...

Korten

Banned
I'm just convinced that due to my winning a lot in the past, the game has decided that I should be put on teams with people who have no idea how to play...

Just had a game with a 2 and 14 Loki...

Anilusion

DtplFAm.png

This game is fun :D

Anilusion

So this just happened:

cFL5Qc6.png

enriquelopez was a funny guy. He wrote "spain?" as soon as we got into the game, and when he got no response, he left. Still managed to win the game somehow though, OorotivoO was really good. I got the left lane for myself and got some good early xp and farm, and my spells were really strong up untill around the 30 minute mark. Zeus seems like a really strong hero. The one that gave me the most trouble was Tyreest, who had some spin attack that made it impossible to kill his hero. Fun game either way, and really close at the end!

Oh, and I had like 11k gold leftover at the end. What should I have spent that on?

Korten

Banned
Well I managed to win all of my first win of the days of the gems.

Man, I just don't know what was going on with my teams earlier today. At night I began to actually get good team mates.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I think Nu Wa is the girl getting a makeover (Freya needs an update more so though imo), dunno about the male god. Zeus is a good guess. It's probably someone who doesn't really need it, knowing Hi-Rez.

Also I'm just shy of 400 gems after doing everything today. I really wanted that new Bastet skin. :[

Indignate

Well from what I understand it is a "change" coming not a nerf.

Honesty, just nerfing down her 3 and not letting it (or your buff) affect towers would probably be fine. Maybe have her clay solders always die in one hit to a tower? Maybe give her less of them?

If they radically change the god, that's going to be upsetting.

At least I'll still have Athena.

Strazyplus

They've talked about Ao getting a remodel or swap or something. Nu Wa is pretty much confirmed though. Well, Nu Wa getting reworked. Ao is getting Sun Wukong / Hun Batz treatment. His skill set given to another god, and Ao getting new abilities.

errm ... what you mean by Sun Wukong / Hun Batz treatment.

and if they are going to change Ao model I hope it looks good, else I am gonna be disappointed on the change since I been playing him a lot. as for changes of skills I am not sure.

Top Bottom