• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Indignate

Just some advice, I think Poly is a bad pick up, but if you're intent on getting one make it your last item as that's where its passive actually comes into play. Early game, it ain't going to do much for you.

Good save though. Love seeing people kill themselves to Nox ult.

Xyber

Just some advice, I think Poly is a bad pick up, but if you're intent on getting one make it your last item as that's where its passive actually comes into play. Early game, it ain't going to do much for you.

All right, good to know. :)

Liberty4all

Banned

Agree re poly. Usually my last item on dmg Athena.

I really hate when a Bacchus builds two magical defense items against an enemy team that only has Sylvannus as magical. We should have won, but he did that and proceeded to dive the enemy team.

I gave in and bought all the remaining voice packs and now with this gem sale I might just pick up the 3500(+1200) and spend it all on chests to get the remanding 20 odd items.

I hate thinking about how much I've spent on this.

Liberty4all

Banned
I gave in and bought all the remaining voice packs and now with this gem sale I might just pick up the 3500(+1200) and spend it all on chests to get the remanding 20 odd items.

I hate thinking about how much I've spent on this.

I looked once months ago on my account. It made me feel sick do I've never looked again.

2Twnpw0.jpg

Finally got around to play some of the more recent gods. Ao Kuang is really the best designed god they've done since Janus. Really well done. He just feels fun. Not to say other gods aren't fun, but you can tell they really put in work with his design. It's not even his skills, none of them are really that unique or interesting, it's the animations and overall flow.

I've yet to play Awilix though.

Finally got around to play some of the more recent gods. Ao Kuang is really the best designed god they've done since Janus. Really well done. He just feels fun. Not to say other gods aren't fun, but you can tell they really put in work with his design. It's not even his skills, none of them are really that unique or interesting, it's the animations and overall flow.

I've yet to play Awilix though.
Awilix is amazing. So much burst potential with her combos, and an amazing escape.

Indignate

She's gonna melt if she gets hit and CC'ed up, not much stopping that. Her 1 and 2 give her a lot of mobility to avoid stuff though.

Building her like Loki is generally a good way to go. My starting items are usually Jotunn's/Tabi (whichever first depends on game mode) and Hydra's/Qin's.

The last two items are generally spur of the moment/counter-building stuff. You can always get a Shifter's if you feel she's too squishy. Bloodforge might help out a bit as well. Fatalis is alright if you want to go even more attack speed (although I don't think she needs the passive much since Feather Step (her 1)/Gravity Surge (her ult) usually keeps her locked onto her target long enough to blow them up) but it combines well with Bloodforge if you want to go the life steal route. The crit items (Rage/Deathbringer) and Titan's Bane are good pick ups as well.

Agni is one of those gods that I am super impressed with when I see him played well, and then I get inspired to play him... and then I remember why I never play him. His kit feels so awkward. And maybe it's just me but I feel like there's a weird delay on his 2 and his ult.

Bacchus is probably my second favorite tank. Athena being the first.

How do you build him? Item and skill-wise. I had no idea what I was doing.

She's gonna melt if she gets hit and CC'ed up, not much stopping that. Her 1 and 2 give her a lot of mobility to avoid stuff though.

Building her like Loki is generally a good way to go. My starting items are usually Jotunn's/Tabi (whichever first depends on game mode) and Hydra's/Qin's.

Been building her like this, guess I just need to be aware of the CC more. I'm really enjoying her so I'm looking forward to getting better with her.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Conquest league has the absolute worst atmosphere I have ever seen in a game. I picked thanatos and got BM'd for doing so saying thana sucks ect ect I then proceed to stomp the other team and we win. After which someone on my team says yea than still sucks. Greatest community ever.

Liberty4all

Banned
Conquest league has the absolute worst atmosphere I have ever seen in a game. I picked thanatos and got BM'd for doing so saying thana sucks ect ect I then proceed to stomp the other team and we win. After which someone on my team says yea than still sucks. Greatest community ever.

Regular Conquest is bad enough but when you add League into the equation you go from shitty to the shittiest in terms of attitude. It's worse when you want to experiment with something not deemed meta enough. People are so determined to run the meta ADC/jungle/solo/mid/support archtype that any deviation from that results in being insulted/told stupid/blamed for loss. It's gotten so bad that even when you DO run the meta if you are using a god not seen as "powerful/flavour of the month" enough you will still get trash talked by your own team. Then even if you DO pick meta and "flavour of the month god" through no fault of your own you may STILL find blame being shifted to you for losses (especially if you are playing support).

This is the reason I play Arena and Assault almost exclusively. I make it a point as well to tell off anyone that whines about meta or instalocking in Arena. Don't bring that crap from conquest to Arena. The arena/assault vibes in general are so much more superior to conquest that I've found it hard to ever go back. With that said I DO occasionally sneak in a conquest game here and there. I just call support then go dmg Athena. Typically the game is half over and we are crushing before anyone has realized I'm not following a meta support build.

Hi-Rez support fixed my problem of not being able to play as every god after I had initially purchased all the gods in early December. They actually fixed it a couple of weeks ago at this point, and I'm just now relaying this because I wanted to properly play these previously unplayable gods before posting that the issue had been fixed.

In any case, I'm having lots more fun now that I have access to the entire cast. I particularly love Cabrakan and Chaac, building a pure magical damage Cabrakan is fun; get a Mystical Mail, blink in and Tremor for big damage, and let your team finish them off. Chaac is just fun because he's so MANLY, I'm a big fan of his aethetic: big axe man who calls down the thunder.

I think I enjoy playing guardians and warriors the most, but there's at least one character from each class that I enjoy playing. Still very much loving Smite, gonna take some time to play some Arena and Assault before I really delve into Conquest.

drotahorror

Regular Conquest is bad enough but when you add League into the equation you go from shitty to the shittiest in terms of attitude. It's worse when you want to experiment with something not deemed meta enough. People are so determined to run the meta ADC/jungle/solo/mid/support archtype that any deviation from that results in being insulted/told stupid/blamed for loss. It's gotten so bad that even when you DO run the meta if you are using a god not seen as "powerful/flavour of the month" enough you will still get trash talked by your own team. Then even if you DO pick meta and "flavour of the month god" through no fault of your own you may STILL find blame being shifted to you for losses (especially if you are playing support).

I haven't played league much at all but I was doing qualifiers the other day and went 8w-3l. No one ever complained about meta really even when people weren't following it. I do think the matchmaking is bad, my 11th game I played with someone from masters, and a pro player.

I dig a thana pick, but I won't deny he's not that great. I pretty much only play assassins or warriors. Thana early is sick though and if played well in end game he can carry wins.

Looking forward to seeing Hou Yi soon. If it is soon..
Same. I also wonder if we'll see a big announcement at SWC. I haven't been following anything about it though.

This year is all about new pantheons right? Since we're nearly done with the current. Would be cool if they announced one of them.

Same. I also wonder if we'll see a big announcement at SWC. I haven't been following anything about it though.

This year is all about new pantheons right? Since we're nearly done with the current. Would be cool if they announced one of them.

I'd assume that they would at least show us the new conquest map somepoint during SWC.

dose the luigi jump where he kicks his legs looks pretty funny

I like the dangly legs too (and the icon lol). It's the awkward straight up launch in to 90 degree change in direction forward that bothers me. Would have looked better if it launched with forward momentum like the bird took off towards the enemy before he was ready.

How did the migration work for Warframe? Does it basically delete your PC account or can you share across?

my understanding is that it copies over everything at the time of transfer and then anything purchased afterwards will only be available on the version used to purchased. so essentially if you want a skin on both versions after the transfer, you will have to buy it twice.

I could be wrong though, that's just what I get from the article.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
if i can have my account on both then yeah id do it if not ill just make a new account on xbone to mess around with

my understanding is that it copies over everything at the time of transfer and then anything purchased afterwards will only be available on the version used to purchased. so essentially if you want a skin on both versions after the transfer, you will have to buy it twice.

I could be wrong though, that's just what I get from the article.

id be down for that

That first match of the World Championship was brutal. Cog Red smashed the shit out of DID after giving up first blood. 1-25 at 14 minutes is just silly.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
that fenrir was nuts all he had was a runeforged hammer and somehow the health from that was enough for him to just roam around tower dunking on apollo while taking tower shots and still make it out with 75% health

Top Bottom