• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Liberty4all

Banned
Why does it matter to him if you are playing support "properly" if you were wrecking shit? :p

If it works, it works!

In conquest the issue I guess is that if my hunter partner plays too aggressively they die. Dmg Athena is all about burst dmg she has limited sustain health wise compared to tanky Athena. I always tell my hunter partner to be ready to fall back quickly when I do especially early game.

Liberty4all

Banned
Finally mastered Tyr and Ao Kuang, so I don't have to play them anymore. Ao is too similar to Loki, at least in Arena. He only really shines if the other team isn't paying attention. Tyr is too difficult to justify, especially when I can just play Hercules and feed enemies to my team without having to blink or put myself out of position.

I've been playing more Poseidon and He Bo lately. I found out I had been leveling He Bo's skills in the wrong order, because I was told to max my 3 first (I had been maxing 1) and it is way better. I'm still not sure how to prioritize Poseidon's skills. His whirlpool is great, but leveling his 1 reduces the CD so I've been maxing that first. I've experimented with maxing his 2 second, but I never seem to do all that well when I play Poseidon as an auto-attacker. He has no escape so I often get killed when trying to fight up close. And have to basically be point-blank in order to land his 2's auto-attacks since they spread out pretty fast.

For pos I build CD items first, boots and chronos, followed by the magic wand one, then ring (forget the name the one that lowers Prot with each hit) then the attk speed item to then penetration item ...

Abilities i. Max whirlpool first and lvl 1 and 2 evenly.

Liberty4all

Banned
Also, Nox seems really good now.

Like too good.

Dat new ult will be so abused. Effectively shut down 3 gods ability to cast? Killer op ult.

Nox was already pretty good in arena, now she is going to be crazy good.

I think 2 would have made more sense ... 3 is OP IMHO

Ground targeter on meatball. :(

Whatever. I've been nice HiRez and never complain, and the one god I excel at you nerf. I QUIT.

Not really though.

Also are you guys sure the Nox ultimate hits 3 targets? It wasn't in the patch notes today or was that a change they already made? I haven't played the game in about a month now so maybe I missed it last patch.

Xyber

Dat new ult will be so abused. Effectively shut down 3 gods ability to cast? Killer op ult.

Ares pulls them in, she ults. GG.

For pos I build CD items first, boots and chronos, followed by the magic wand one, then ring (forget the name the one that lowers Prot with each hit) then the attk speed item to then penetration item ...

Abilities i. Max whirlpool first and lvl 1 and 2 evenly.

Thanks for the tips.

She's good but not OP. She has no escape mechanism and her shield ability is garbage, so she's really easy to kill. A good Nox is scary, but not nearly as scary as other mages (Janus, Agni, and Vulcan to name a few).

Indignate

She's good but not OP. She has no escape mechanism and her shield ability is garbage, so she's really easy to kill. A good Nox is scary, but not nearly as scary as other mages (Janus, Agni, and Vulcan to name a few).

I don't know if you saw, but it's 90% at lvl 1 with a 18 second cooldown. Coupled with her passive, she gets full mitigation.

Now, it's not exactly an aegis, which would protect you from CC and all damage for the full duration (while I think the shield comes off with the first ability) but I wouldn't exactly call it garbage.

Liberty4all

Banned
In a late game scrum where everyone attacks in a group (conquest) her ability to shut down 3 gods abilities .... We will see but I'm calling it now it will be OP

I don't know if you saw, but it's 90% at lvl 1 with a 18 second cooldown. Coupled with her passive, she gets full mitigation.

Now, it's not exactly an aegis, which would protect you from CC and all damage for the full duration (while I think the shield comes off with the first ability) but I wouldn't exactly call it garbage.

Holy shit you're right. I just read the patch notes:

Awilix Mount Up Patch Notes

Damn! They buffed the shit out of her. But by far the best change of the patch is the nerf to Vulcan's meatball. That move is some serious bullshit and I'm glad they finally did something about it.

If you say so. Why has Vulcan seen so much play lately anyway? I was one of the few that used him for a good while, people always said he was total shit. Then out of nowhere everyone was using him.

For a while people complained that he needed a passive. That all changed to, "what the fuck is this meatball bullshit?"

Metas.

(I'm joking.)

Well that's the thing: now that they balanced his meatball they can now (hopefully) give him a better passive.

With Vulcan its all about the scaling on his abilities. He does a shitload of damage, and has a combo similar to He Bo's (knock up + nuke to the face), except can do it from farther away.

Xyber

Ares, Agni and Hel together in 3v3 is just a slaughter. I pull them in, Agni stuns them and Hel just does a lot of damage and heals.

sKYZQQx.jpg

Xyber

Would they not initiate after your ult was down?

I would go beads, Magi's, SoG, and a Weakening Curse.

Because they were dumb I guess.Think I saw Magi's in 2 games or something. Most players are just bad at counter building. They have learned to get beads against Ares, some also got an aegis. But that just put them 1800 gold behind on damage and protection items they need to win the fights instead. So we still won fights we forced after a beaded ult.

Liberty4all

Banned
With ares I usually will buy lvl 1 beads. I don't like spending more than that and many gods have ults that can break ares ult too.

Lvl 3 beads is a waste imho if you already have an escape.

I DO get annoyed though in arena and assault when some gods with no escape go out without beads.

drotahorror

With ares I usually will buy lvl 1 beads. I don't like spending more than that and many gods have ults that can break ares ult too.

Lvl 3 beads is a waste imho if you already have an escape.

I DO get annoyed though in arena and assault when some gods with no escape go out without beads.

max beads is good on any god. On some gods it's almost like a CD reset on your skills (beads lowers CD on your skills by 5sec). Even if the other team had no stuns or anything I'd still buy them on certain gods. Thor, Thanatos, Serqet, Loki, all gods with short CD's, there's many more but I don't want to go through them all. Getting to dump 2 hammers at someone as thor, or 2 death scythe's as Thana is awesome and a ton of burst.

Liberty4all

Banned
max beads is good on any god. On some gods it's almost like a CD reset on your skills (beads lowers CD on your skills by 5sec). Even if the other team had no stuns or anything I'd still buy them on certain gods. Thor, Thanatos, Serqet, Loki, all gods with short CD's, there's many more but I don't want to go through them all. Getting to dump 2 hammers at someone as thor, or 2 death scythe's as Thana is awesome and a ton of burst.

Hmmm that's true. I didn't really consider the burst dmg factor of the CD reset.

Just played an assault game where the rest of my team managed to feed them 11 kills at the 2 minute mark.

It felt like it was just a game full of trolls or something, they all went in alone over and over again. *sigh*

A quite long webm showing the slaughter that never ended because going in 1vs5 is apparently a good idea. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BygyMltWY_VjYVdGVWFRMjR4bkE/view?usp=sharing

LMAO. "An ally has been slain" pretty much became part of the music you were playing.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
what do you mean your not supposed to engage 5 enemies by yourself when you have no health that dosnt make sense im rambo did you not see my bandana?

edit: archon thanatos card hype
B46bpjyCEAAl_rq.jpg

Nerd Rage Cabrakan looks pretty cool. I hope he some some awesome VGS shit you can spam when people QQ. I would switch to only playing him if so.

If his VVGT was just "QQ" that would be enough. Or something similar at least.

I need to find someone new to play now that Vulcan is the worst god in the game. Thanks Nox for being lame.

Hyperbole

For me, a lot of the Odyssey items were things I already wanted, and the things I didn't want I bought anyway to round out the purchases for the prize items. The joys of F2P markets I guess. Easy to spend those extra gems for the next tier of rewards when it's only a few more bucks.

At this point I'm so deep in Odyssey shit if I don't get the Thanatos skin it'd be dumb.

FML.

For me, a lot of the Odyssey items were things I already wanted, and the things I didn't want I bought anyway to round out the purchases for the prize items. The joys of F2P markets I guess. Easy to spend those extra gems for the next tier of rewards when it's only a few more bucks.

At this point I'm so deep in Odyssey shit if I don't get the Thanatos skin it'd be dumb.

FML.

Me too. I would be silly to not purchase the remaining 4.

I bought a lot of the skins, but I just can't justify to myself icons and ward skins. For favor sure. But not for gems. That's just me though. I don't begrudge anyone in to that and the Thanatos skin is an awesome thank you to anyone in that deep.

Liberty4all

Banned
The best odyssey award I feel were the announcer packs. I love changing it up every few matches.

I am sad though how they diversified treasure chests. I have an extra 21 now :( ... I had bought extra after unlocking everything assuming I could use them to open all new content going forward. Oops!

The best odyssey award I feel were the announcer packs. I love changing it up every few matches.

I am sad though how they diversified treasure chests. I have an extra 21 now :( ... I had bought extra after unlocking everything assuming I could use them to open all new content going forward. Oops!

My friend is the same boat, though he had all the previous content and is stacking extras from buying the odyssey items. They said they will reimburse 200 gems per chest once it's over.

http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite/l.../2014/10/15/new-in-smite-there-and-baka-again

So, what does everyone think of the new god?

It's kinda weird, I played 3 matches today and Awilix was only in 1 of them. Shit, when new Ao Kuang was released I think he was in every single match I played for a week straight. Nobody is talking about her on reddit either. Where is the hype?

Indignate

She's really great! No better feeling than bringing down a God to you with her ult.

But the reason why people don't talk about her is because she's not a mage.

drotahorror

I like when people blame me for the loss when I play Chaac ADC. Both games I did it I go 2 KD, top gold, to pxp, top damage. I get blamed. Not the solo who goes 1-7-0 and does least damage in the game. Not the mid laner who's never mid in his life or the jungle who's level 12 and I'm 20. Not the support who goes Loki and builds like a Loki should.

drotahorror

It's about as meta as Vulcan or Chronos ADC. It'll happen, can happen, and does happen.

If I'm carrying my weight and the rest of the team on my back, I believe it shouldn't matter.

Indignate

Yeah, definitely. Just don't see why they were blaming you. Maybe it was just people stacked together who were looking for anybody else to blame.

drotahorror

True.

Recently I've been playing Ranked conquest here and there, having a good time in it. But I just queued up and I've been waiting 25min now for the Q to pop. I'm still qualifying :/ Looks like I'll be qualifying til next year at this rate.

Xyber

I'm not much of a Geb player, but this assault game was pretty fun with him. I managed to save my teammates so many times with a nice shield. Pretty much tied in player damage with their Kukulkan (says more about him than me though). Also, 40 assist in a 18 minute game. :p

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=119780565

Edt: Got Geb to god rank 1 now, but wow at my team I got in arena. Me and the other guardian had the most player damage in the team and I built tank with some penetration. :p
https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=119790088

Top Bottom