• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

my understanding is that it copies over everything at the time of transfer and then anything purchased afterwards will only be available on the version used to purchased. so essentially if you want a skin on both versions after the transfer, you will have to buy it twice.

I could be wrong though, that's just what I get from the article.

Oh cool. If it's basically a copy/paste of my current account and both exist separately after that, no reason not to do it.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Jeez this is harsh on Titan. They are an impressive team but are being way too head on when it comes to team fights. Prime know when to move out when danger hits but Titan will stick around for too long.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
cog red gonna take it USA USA USA
KZv5j7t.jpg

Indignate

Thor has played a big part in dictating a lot of the matches during this tournament.

Dude is just too good throughout the entire match.

Indignate

Too much focus on the tree in the beginning just let the dragon and monster come in and eat everything.

I mean, I understand the reasoning on taking out that healing, but damn.

Really impressed with how well the SWC went. Seeing Smite hit the the second highest viewership on Twitch brought a tear to my eye. I really hope the playerbase for this game explodes after this weekend. This game is just too good and Hirez is such an amazing company.

Oh right the matches were hype too. I'm still salty over the lack of Janus play though.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Smite is 100% here for eSports and I can not wait for 2016. Oceanic will have a team so my local pride will be sated and there will be both PC and Xbox One tournaments.

This tournament has been amazing and it was such a fantastic weekend organised perfectly.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
SWC Grand Finals has like 7 posts? ded gaem

Looked like everything was well put together tbh and got me interested in giving it another go (played 1 or 2 games in beta).

Special C

So I just downloaded this in preparation for the eventual Xbox One release. I played a little bit of league a while back. I've played about 3 games as Ra and have sucked it up as expected. Any good resources out there? Should I stick to Joust for a while?

Aaron

So I just downloaded this in preparation for the eventual Xbox One release. I played a little bit of league a while back. I've played about 3 games as Ra and have sucked it up as expected. Any good resources out there? Should I stick to Joust for a while?
Play arena instead where you can learn the gods, and not have to worry about objectives as much.

Xyber

A new player does not belong in league at all really. Just do normal games like arena, assault for more casual play to learn the gods. Siege is also fun if you are playing with a friend.

Indignate

He meant League of Legends, not Smite League.

But yeah, new players shouldn't be in league, thankfully the game has requirements for it.

As everyone has said, just play the more casual game modes until you get comfortable with a few gods. As for learning the conquest meta, I got that from watching said pros stream. A few of them have videos out there that explain specific roles as well. Smite Academy has guides for some conquest stuff and god builds you can check out http://smiteacademy.wordpress.com/category/guide/conquest-101/

Also, Smiteguru is good for checking a god's most popular build in a specific game mode.
http://smite.guru/gods

Don't ever let this game auto build for you. Some people think it's alright for the first few account levels, but I feel that it's better to start getting a feel for the items right away. Sticking to the recommend tab is usually good, just learn what you're building. All the tier 3 items have passives and it's good to know what they do. The sooner you can do this, the sooner you can get to counter-buildling effectively.

You won't have to worry about the meta for a bit though as most people you match with won't know what they're doing either (except for those occasional smurfs).

Keasar

People who pick Zeus, Ares and Hades into the same team in a Arena should get a automatic loss for being boring and predictable. :p

Aaron

Ares doesn't work in arena unless the other team is rock stupid. He needs lanes to push with. I've had good luck with him in assault even when the other team buys beads with how good he is at pressuring.

Bracket

Just started playing after having been in the beta so long ago. I'm learning all the heroes still and getting up to speed on the meta. Anyone want to party up some time? New or veterans, doesn't matter. Just wanting to learn the ropes while having fun.

Keasar

I just played against exactly that. We wrecked them. We all had CC immune ults and beads. I did 50k as Janus. Was a great game.

My team sadly wasn't as reactive with the beads. I know its stupidly easy to counter them, but when playing as a loner with randoms against a team that were most likely a organized group, it gets pretty boring.

Ronabo

I just started playing. Bought the $20 pack that was one sale. I have no idea what I'm doing LOL.

I need friends. Send me requests. Ronabo is my name in Smite too.

Top Bottom