• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Do we have any statistics that show daily player counts and that sort of thing? I'm interested to see how big or small the community is, and if it has been growing or shrinking.

Do we have any statistics that show daily player counts and that sort of thing? I'm interested to see how big or small the community is, and if it has been growing or shrinking.

No. But they have supposedly being growing steadily and is the third most played moba behind Dota 2 a LoL which have a huge amount of players.

IGN's Godlike Debut

Welcome to the debut episode of IGN Godlike, a new show dedicated to covering the mythological mayhem that is SMITE. Hosts Brandin Tyrrel, Alfredo Diaz, and Kyle O'Connor chat about: how they got into SMITE and why they can't stop playing, why now is the best time to get started playing, and what we can expect from an Xbox One version.

Shield of the Underworld if I could marry you I would.

Season 1... *channels Pillar of Agony and walks away from keyboard* Yep, dead Hades.

Season 2... *channels Pillar of Agony can gets 3+ kills with HP to spare*

Bellona is awesome. Her skill-set makes me feel like I am playing a character action game where she is the main character...kind of.

Either way, she's loads of fun.

Nharox

Neo Member
Can someone invite me to the clan? My id is Nharox.

Also add me if you're playing on EU. I'm currently at lvl 26 and 23 masteries.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
sent you clan invite

been smurfing with bellona she is so broken with ninja tabi, ichaival, asi, insert best tank item for the situation, hydras lament, frostbound hammer

Indignate

Played a 30 minute game of assault that went back and forth pretty hard. We finally got the advantage and as we were just about to attack the titan, the servers go down.

bllllllllllllllllleh

Hopelessly addicted at the moment. Still torn on hunter or a jungler class. This game is amazing. It haunts my dreams.

Is there a guide on how to jungle? I always feel like I'm just wandering around uselessly and hoping to find a camp that hasn't been taken yet. And I inevitably fall behind in experience because idk what I'm doing.

OsirisBlack

Banned
sent you clan invite

been smurfing with bellona she is so broken with ninja tabi, ichaival, asi, insert best tank item for the situation, hydras lament, frostbound hammer

Shes really good but building her like you suggest would let any decent mage rip her apart. I build her sort of tanky .... shes absolutely ridiculous if she catches you off guard. I have jumped into duo lane and just killed the enemy adc and support building her as jungle.

Is there a guide on how to jungle? I always feel like I'm just wandering around uselessly and hoping to find a camp that hasn't been taken yet. And I inevitably fall behind in experience because idk what I'm doing.

Watching streams helps. One tactic that really helps is buddying up with the mid laner. You join them for their waves and mid camps, they join up for back camps.

OsirisBlack

Banned

I try to find the easiest victim then gank them a few times when they start playing safe or when someone comes to help them I pick on someone else. Then I go back to the first person when they get comfortable and start pushing again. Outside of that season 2 seems harder to jungle and support than season 1. People take all of your camps its really a mess right now.

Watching streams helps. One tactic that really helps is buddying up with the mid laner. You join them for their waves and mid camps, they join up for back camps.

Know of any good streams or recorded videos on youtube I can watch? Preferably with all the different roles covered at some point.

I try to find the easiest victim then gank them a few times when they start playing safe or when someone comes to help them I pick on someone else. Then I go back to the first person when they get comfortable and start pushing again. Outside of that season 2 seems harder to jungle and support than season 1. People take all of your camps its really a mess right now.

Yeah I've heard. Jungle is also my least favorite role in any MOBA. I wouldn't mind playing a Guardian, but I think that in Smite anyone who plays support is expected to Jungle?

Also what exactly is the difference between: Hunter, Assassin, and Warrior?

Assassins are powerful early and mid game? Warriors have diverse toolkits and act as a secondary damage dealers, and Hunters are for late game? Or is that wrong? And as far as mages go, how do I know if they excel in early or late game?

Please, please, please buddy the mid laner. If they got the early game down well it won't slow them down much leeching. I like having someone always around my lane to pressure mid camps.

It's really frustrating when I am in the most active lane, but have almost no support from my team.

It's especially frustrating when my lane gets pressured and pushed leaving me to to clear my lane late. Opposing mid rotates and I arrive late and people blame me for deaths. Despite me spamming VF2 VC1/3 over and over.

I had a guy yelled at me cause I called too late when I called VF2 the second agni left the lane.....

EDIT: My biggest peeve as a mid laner. The starting damage camp clear.... it always gets pulled toward long lane and I have to walk longer to mid lane. It's not cool.

dejan

It took 10 months and 1100+ conquest matches (about 90% of all gametypes played), but I managed to finally master all gods in the game.

Xyber

I have a question I've been meaning to ask for quite some time now. Why does some peoples health bar show up as yellow when they are far away and then fade back to green when I get closer? Like if you see 2 people (from your team), one can have a green bar and the other one a yellow.

And I do not have any colorblind options on.

I have a question I've been meaning to ask for quite some time now. Why does some peoples health bar show up as yellow when they are far away and then fade back to green when I get closer? Like if you see 2 people (from your team), one can have a green bar and the other one a yellow.

Doesn't yellow mean they are at middle/low health? It going back to green as you get closer could just be due to them regaining health from natural regeneration, putting them over some certain color threshold.

Xyber

Doesn't yellow mean they are at middle/low health? It going back to green as you get closer could just be due to them regaining health from natural regeneration, putting them over some certain color threshold.

Nope, happens at full health as well. Notice it a lot when going towards people at the start of the round in assault.

Here, found it in one of my saved clips. In the same clip, just seconds earlier when my other friend was next to Nox and I was in base he had yellow HP and Nox had green.

http://a.pomf.se/skyvpe.webm

Wowwowwow! Just had a super great game as Thor. Paired up with a great (for the skill level we are at) Athena. I think I got the hang of jungling. The wards Athena and I placed a;sp came in handy quite often (mostly Athena's). And I was even able to get the group to go after the Gold Fury.

Our team was either equal or winning so I pretty much just placed wards at the mid harpies or a bit around that area. Had no idea where to place them once we got to the point where we were focusing on a single enemy phoenix and the titan. Probably didn't need wards at that point.

Actual teamwork and communication with a group of randoms <3. This game needs a commend system.

Indignate

Probably just has to do with the fading. The color is probably fading into green and not just being green immediately, making it look yellow from afar.

Xyber

Probably just has to do with the fading. The color is probably fading into green and not just being green immediately, making it look yellow from afar.

But it's completely random if it happens. Two people can stand next to each other and one will have the normal green the whole time.

There must be some explanation!

I find it hard to watch him cover matches sometimes because instead of using a lull in the action to discuss anything he'll pause the game. And it gives me a headache when he constantly switches from paused to unpaused.

Well that is why streams are good because you can just watch someone play a match normally. It's not a super fast way of learning but you can get a feel for how people play.

gogosox82

Just played some matches first time in a few months and man this game seems totally different. UI is totally different and a lot of different items. I had a lot of fun with that new character. Bellona I think her name is? Pretty tanky, good aoe, and has a disable though the disable only works on auto attack gods it seems. Pretty fun god to play overall.

Just got wrecked in conquest. Was in solo lane as Chang'e, but the enemy had two in lane. Loki and Sun Wukong. I just didn't have the skill to deal with both of them. Especially since Wukong refused to ever die.

Enordash

Just got wrecked in conquest. Was in solo lane as Chang'e, but the enemy had two in lane. Loki and Sun Wukong. I just didn't have the skill to deal with both of them. Especially since Wukong refused to ever die.

Was this against real people? How'd your team do on the whole since the other team gave up the jungle entirely to hound you in solo? I would imagine that allowing the other two lanes on your team to do well since they could gank and grab buffs more effectively.

Also, Bellona can be so scummy. Pick up Heavy Hammer off the start and invade Speed. It's pretty much guaranteed to put you ahead.

Edit: Is there any love for GAF from Hi-Rez? Any chance we can snatch up some Xbox alpha codes? I really want to try it out. It's the reason I started playing in the first place.

Was this against real people? How'd your team do on the whole since the other team gave up the jungle entirely to hound you in solo? I would imagine that allowing the other two lanes on your team to do well since they could gank and grab buffs more effectively.

Also, Bellona can be so scummy. Pick up Heavy Hammer off the start and invade Speed. It's pretty much guaranteed to put you ahead.

Edit: Is there any love for GAF from Hi-Rez? Any chance we can snatch up some Xbox alpha codes? I really want to try it out. It's the reason I started playing in the first place.

Real people. And we were like 3-16 by the 14 minute mark.

Xyber

Man, this felt so good to pull off. This Nu Va was covering the ymir at all times to prevent me from hitting my ult with Neith. So my friend told me to ult him and then he flipped her away with Sobek. And it actually worked perfectly. :D

http://a.pomf.se/pbghor.webm

dejan

As far as I remember IGN will be doing some Smite live streaming today where they are going to give away Alpha codes. Check IGN's Godlike Episode 2 for details.

Anyone here not have the Godpack yet? They have a deal this weekend. Gift the godpack to someone and get a free 1500 gems. Looking to swap godpacks gifts with someone else so we can both have the gods and the gems. Asked a friend but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Enordash

Anyone here not have the Godpack yet? They have a deal this weekend. Gift the godpack to someone and get a free 1500 gems. Looking to swap godpacks gifts with someone else so we can both have the gods and the gems. Asked a friend but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

I have a couple of friends who just started playing. I'll ask them if one would like to swap gifts with you.

Really hoping to snag a code via IGN today. I won't be able to pay very close attention since I'll be at work. If anyone gets an extra or one they don't want, let me know!

I have a couple of friends who just started playing. I'll ask them if one would like to swap gifts with you.

Really hoping to snag a code via IGN today. I won't be able to pay very close attention since I'll be at work. If anyone gets an extra or one they don't want, let me know!

Thanks. I'm definitely looking to buy this weekend and this is a great deal.

Top Bottom