• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Special C

Any chance of Crossplatform play when this drops for Xbox One? Controller wouldn't be at much of a disadvantage on a third person MOBA I would think.

Jandroid is super creepy.

Man, Janus is the best designed god in the game. Nothing even comes close. I don't care if they nerf him to hell and back some day, I would still play him. Everything about his kit, animations, and voice pack are perfect. He is a blast to play and everything you do feels satisfying.

Agreed. I used to dislike him but I tried him again and now he's probably my favorite god. He can be an absolute menace in the right hands.

Is he really the worst?

I tried playing Sobek again and he still feels inadequate. I don't really know what to do with him. I feel like he could use another buff, but I'm probably just shit with him.

EDIT: I just mean in general usefulness. He's great at countering certain gods, but when you're just playing casuals it's like. Eh? Feel free to toss me some tips though.

Indignate

He can't push the lane like he used to anymore since he doesn't heal creeps.

And if he tries to use wisps to hurt them, he'll have to get to close and just die.

Sylvanus is fine you just have to hit with your stuff and play properly now. You can't just camp wave and spam wisps to win.

Sobek is a bit tricky to play since his dash attack is blocked by minions and he burns mana like a warrior but without bluestone pendant. You have to buy tons of mana pots for a start. I guess that the main reason to pick sobek would be to counter a heal heavy team.

Xyber

I would not say that Sylvanus is trash. Sure, he can't push the lanes early game but he is still great at what he is supposed to do and that is to set up the kills for his team.

His whisps together with a Lotus Crown gives quite a lot of protections that can really help out in team fights too.

Herc is so silly. I just feel bad when I get him in assault. You just play him as if you give no fucks because you don't.

I'm sorry you guys wanted to hide under phoenix with Ra's heal? *tower dives with weakening*

Oh look a penta. So dumb.

Indignate

Trash is an exaggeration, but he's fallen on hard times compared to the other supports.

And crazy thing about Herc that he's always been this good. Like how is that even legal?

Xyber

Herc is so silly. I just feel bad when I get him in assault. You just play him as if you give no fucks because you don't.

I'm sorry you guys wanted to hide under phoenix with Ra's heal? *tower dives with weakening*

Oh look a penta. So dumb.

It's the best when you are against Herc in Assault that has a Stone of Gaia and some other support got Sovereignty and no one but you try to get anything anti-heal. No matter how much you poke he will almost never go below 50%.

People should know by now that Herc can be an unstoppable beast if he gets ahead a bit. He isn't that hard to counter if you try to build a little differently to fit in a Divine Ruin and Brawlers Beatstick along with a Weakening. But most people don't want to do that. *sigh*

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I need to start playing with you guys. Trying to knock out my daily bonuses across everything is fucking frustrating when so many bad players are playing now. Glad the game is more popular, but dyaaam the stuff that comes with that xD

Xyber

This game sure was something. https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=135120629

I really love Ymir and he is just so awesome in Assault. I was wrecking fools all over the place early game, but unfortunately our Ra thought it was better to never actually heal us. I had no real problems surviving, but because of the lack of heal I was basically forced to pick up Gaia when I could have taken a damage item and finish the match way sooner.

And then there's the active choices for pretty much everyone, but that can most likely be explained with the account levels. A Ra that rarely healed and me with the single Salvation. Woo!

It was a fun game, but Ra really got on my nerves. But what can you expect from Russians.. :p

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
ymir remodel and god reveal today on
http://www.twitch.tv/smitegame
B-J1mqrCEAAPfgI.jpg

Ymir looking like he's made of sapphires in that art work. I like it, though. His new club in particular is great looking. 'Was never a fan of the big ice chunk that Ymir used. It'll be nice to see the new skin in action.

Bellona looks amazing. The best part about her is she's not oversexualized. I am really happy with her aesthetic plus she's a female warrior, pretty cool.

She also looks like a blast to play.

Give sun wukong some of that disarm. thanks.

New God: Bellona
Bellona
Master of War - Passive
Upon giving or receiving hits from basic attacks, Bellona gains +5 protections and +6% movement speed for 5s. (max 5 stacks).
Shield Bash
Bellona dashes forward and bashes with her shield, dealing 80/120/160/200/240 +40% of her Physical Power as damage and slowing enemies 30% for 2s. Bellona gains 1 stack of block for each enemy god hit. Block absorbs all damage from a single basic attack and reflects 30% of the damage in an area around her. Bellona then makes basic attacks with sword and shield until out of combat, and every 3 successful basic attacks she gains another stack of block (max 3). Cooldown: 15s. Cost: 60.
Bludgeon
Bellona summons a Hammer and spins, hitting every enemy around her for 30/60/90/120/150 +25% of her Physical Power, and then smashing forward in an overhand attack dealing 70/130/190/250/310 +60% of her Physical Power as Damage. Each enemy god hit in the spin increases the damage of the overhand attack by +30%. Bellona now makes basic attacks with her Hammer until out of combat. Every Hammer attack hits all enemies in melee range. Cooldown: 10. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80.
Scourge
Bellona summons a Scourge, dealing 60/100/140/180/220 +50% of her Physical Power as damage to all enemies in a line. Enemies hit are Disarmed for 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3s, and cannot make basic attacks. Bellona now makes basic attacks with a Scourge until out of combat, which has extended range (+4) and every third attack heals Bellona 30/50/70/90/110. Cooldown: 18s. Cost: 70/75/80/85/90.
Eagle’s Rally
Bellona plants a Roman flag, granting 15/20/25/30/35 protections and increased physical power by 10/20/30/40/50 to allied gods for 6/8/10/12/14s. Enemies directly under where the flag is placed take 100/200/300/400/500 +50% of her Physical Power as damage and are stunned for 1s.

New God Skins
Ymir New Model
This new model updates Ymir’s Standard, TwitchYmir, Nuclear Winter, Golden, Legendary, and Diamond skins.
La Roca Hercules
Daisy Despair Scylla
Battle Maiden Bellona
Awilix Golden/Legendary/Diamond

New Voice Packs
Bellona
La Roca Hercules
Daisy Despair Scylla

New God Rotation
Isis
Sun Wukong
Sobek
Anhur
Fenrir

Emotes
Ymir Dance!
Updated Cards
Ymir Standard

Misc
Match invite art has been updated.
Match invites will no longer block the user from browsing after accepting.
Gamma screen now closes when a match invite appears.
Booster tooltip over player icon now shows remaining time.
Clicking GODS button on top bar now always redirects to the god page.
Updated League requirement description to be more clear.
A separate HOME button has been re-added to the end of match lobby.
Single match god rentals have been removed.
Tutorials have had UI updates.
Back button has been added for GODS page.
Fixed more cases of the Home screen images showing while in match.
Fixed clan tags not showing on scoreboard in PvP matches.
Fixed the Scoreboard not being accessible during match after server is offline.
Fixed black areas shown when using special emotes that zoom out the camera.
Fixed typo on Profile tooltip.
Fixed the God Lore tab not initially showing scroll bar.
Fixed being able to simultaneously scroll Friends list and chat.
Fixed highlighting issues at the Loadouts Page when purchasing Wards and Icons.
Fixed parties not being able to switch queues after encountering queue join errors.

Items
General
Miscellaneous item descriptions have had grammer cleanups.
Bluestone
Disabled for purchase in Assault.
Heartward Amulet
Added to MP5 in store filter.
Added to Physical Protection filter.
Hydra’s Lament & Hydra’s Star
Fixed both old and new passives being applied to targets. Ouch.
Shield of Regrowth
Fixed speed bonus not working with Nemesis Retribution healing.
Sovereignty
Added to HP5 in store filter.
Added to Magical Protection filter.
The Crusher
Disabled for purchase in Joust.
Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes
As we are still fresh on the heels of Season 2’s release, there won’t be significant balance adjustments this patch. We want to give time for the previous changes to settle, and players to try out new builds and strategies.
Ares
Blessed Presence
Fixed typo: Changed Ares’ to Ares.
Chang’e
Crescent Moon Dance
Fixed tooltip to no longer say it affects allies.
Geb
General
Fixed some graphical issues with his hanging roots on Golden/Legendary skins.
He Bo
Steady Flow
Updated tooltip to be more general.
Hou Yi
Divebomb
Hou Yi can now glide over player deployables.
Janus
Portal
Corrected an issue where players falling through enemy portals could still use Aegis.
Thor
Anvil of Dawn
Fixed Thor being able to use this ability while dying in air.
Ullr
Switch Stance
Fixed additional cases where players would see Ullr in the wrong stance.

TxdoHawk

Oh great, we can't Aegis anymore out of those Janus portals? Getting dropped with the portal and popped with the projectile hurts, goddamnit (godsdamnit?)

I really love Ymir and he is just so awesome in Assault.

It is so fun building him for damage. People are like THAT HURTS WHY DOES THE ENEMY TANK HURT WHY

Sweet. I was hoping the Ymir we saw in the CG trailer wasn't just artistic license and was a tease at the remodel.

Bellona looks awesome though I was hoping for more armor like the concept art. She still looks cool though. Love the multiple weapons.

Xyber

I guess it's a bit hard to find a good match at 3am. Got matched up against a team with 4 complete noobs in assault. Didn't seem like they knew what Hercules could do. Went 14-1 in a 12 minute game and that death was so I could buy items and finish faster. :p

MightyKAC

Anyone from Japan-GAF or Aus-Gaf playing this regularly?

I've been thinking of jumping back into it and I was wondering if I could grab a group in my own time zone.

Damn. I finally got back to playing the first god I learned the game with, Hades.

He's so much fun now. I really enjoy a god that can bully the lane and he's always been good at that.

Xyber

I'm liking assassins. Bought Loki yesterday and doing these damn surveys for gems is killing me.

I really don't like assassins.

This shit just isn't for me. :(

For me it's Guardian > Hunter > Mage > Warrior (depending on god, Herc goes above hunters on this list) >>>>> Assassins

And I think it would be easier and less wasted time (IMO) to just save up for the god pack than to do surveys and shit just to afford a god every now and then. :p

What's the difference between Hunter and Assassin?
In short, Hunters are ranged auto attack focused gods whereas assassins are melee.

Assassins usually utilize a combo of abilities and auto attacks to get quick kills and get out asap. While hunters tend to to clean up team fights as their have crazy late game damage just from their basic attacks, and can attack from afar.

There's more complex differentiators but that's it really.

I really don't like assassins.

This shit just isn't for me. :(

For me it's Guardian > Hunter > Mage > Warrior (depending on god, Herc goes above hunters on this list) >>>>> Assassins

And I think it would be easier and less wasted time (IMO) to just save up for the god pack than to do surveys and shit just to afford a god every now and then. :p

Nah the surveys are for gems so i can get the good skins lol.

400 gems is 8 dollars or I can just do surveys for an hour or two. The surveys do get annoying though because sometimes they don't give you your gems or you keep being disqualified for them.

Xyber

The feels when you're mid and no one rotates to mid harpies but the other team has a full rotation.

Just take my lane, thanks.

Unless there's free gems on the line I usually stay away from conquest because of stuff like this. Pre-made or nothing really. Siege and Assault is good enough for me.

Unless there's free gems on the line I usually stay away from conquest because of stuff like this. Pre-made or nothing really. Siege and Assault is good enough for me.
Yeah I can understand that. I'm not a huge fan of conquest, but since season two started I've been playing it more.

I almost only play mid. I solo/support if I have to. Mid is really frustrating because you can be a great laner, but if your team doesn't have your back in the early game, it will pretty much ruin your fun.

drotahorror

Can't wait to play Bellona. I'm usually on top of things but I missed the PTS and didn't get to check her out. Reading her skills tho.....she sounds broken as hell.

Warriors are my favorite classes of Gods to play so I'm hype. And a female warrior at that...doap.

Mid is really frustrating because you can be a great laner, but if your team doesn't have your back in the early game, it will pretty much ruin your fun.

If you don't trust your team (and you shouldn't if you're just playing casuals and no one is on curse) play passive. After you back grab a couple wards and place'em around the mid harpies on each side, then you can be aggressive on your own. You probably know these things, just sayin.

Top Bottom