• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Enordash

Hey, guys. Add me if you would like. Tag is Enordash. I'm a little new to the scene, but I've been playing MOBAs for a while now so I'm not completely lost. I'm going to go and add people here soon as well.

Tabby

So like can we talk about how ugly the new UI looks?
5ShwGNO.jpg

Xyber

When is that?

No idea, they need to get all the new items somewhat balanced first. Maybe they remove that one OP starter item for now and release it next week. But that's just a wild guess, haven't read much about the patch apart from the release notes for the PTS one.

Liberty4all

Banned
Am I the only one that hates the new UI for telling enemy attack vs defence stats? I find it so annoying to check since it changed.

Xyber

Introducing: GEM STORM SATURDAY!

We are Pleased to announce a new promotion debuting this Saturday 1/31.

Players will receive 30 gems for completing each First-Win-of-the-Day.

Complete all the First-Wins-of-the-Day and receive a bonus 100 gems.

This gives each player a chance to take home a total of 280 gems at the end of the day!

Sweet, love them free gems.

Xyber

Only 1 loss to get all first wins today. Went way better than expected.

Bought 2 chest with my gems now but got Survivor skin for Ullr and some frost skin for Fenrir. Don't really like to play those gods. :p

I will keep buying chests until I get my damn Derpules skin!

Ferny

I'm having the worst problems getting this open after the last couple patches. It just instantly minimizes itself to my toolbar even tho I can hear the sounds. I tried an .ini adjustment but it didn't help. Anyone have any suggestions?

U2NUMB

So I am having this odd problem... I am on a brand new mac book pro.. i7 3.ghz with 16 gigs of ram... runs LoL and pretty much anything else I install but when I go to finish the install of Smite (Running Viruta Box with Windows 7 32 bit) and it gives me the error..

"Your video card must support shader model 3" ... now I find it hard that my brand new mac book pro will not run that when my 3 year old i5 windows laptop had no problem running Smite.

So what can I do here? Any suggestions?

Just started playing this game. I love the depth of Mobas but could not get into the camera and click to move style in LoL and Dota. This feels like a new addiction.

Xyber

Some players man.. Played assault against a Herc and Hel. I was ares so I used up my 2 active slots with Meditation and blink. Tried to get someone, just a single person to pick up weakening curse for their heal and they just flat out refused. We had the upper hand the first 15 minutes or so, then their heal got pretty good and we started losing fights.

I urged both Vulcan and Freya who both had 1 free active slot to grab WC. Freya just said flat out no, that she was ranged and it wouldn't do anything. Vulcan didn't respond and never got it.

I kept nagging on Freya and she finally picked it up when they took our phoenix and finished while she was dead. Ugh.

If just one of them would've picked it up when we still had the lead we would've won so easy, but nope.

Lmao, gotta love that Carnival Neith skin...

If you're gonna sexualize the gods then why try to be subtle, right Hi-Rez? It used to annoy me but I'm over it. Now it's just funny.

Btw, I feel the need to praise Hi-Rez again for the daily login bonus. I haven't been playing Smite lately but I log in every day, so when I start playing again I'll have enough favor to buy a new god and enough gems to buy a couple skins or 3 gods. That's pretty awesome.

Some players man.. Played assault against a Herc and Hel. I was ares so I used up my 2 active slots with Meditation and blink. Tried to get someone, just a single person to pick up weakening curse for their heal and they just flat out refused. We had the upper hand the first 15 minutes or so, then their heal got pretty good and we started losing fights.

I urged both Vulcan and Freya who both had 1 free active slot to grab WC. Freya just said flat out no, that she was ranged and it wouldn't do anything. Vulcan didn't respond and never got it.

I kept nagging on Freya and she finally picked it up when they took our phoenix and finished while she was dead. Ugh.

If just one of them would've picked it up when we still had the lead we would've won so easy, but nope.
Lmao, yes. This happened in my last arena game a few days ago. I needed a break from smite after that.

Enemy team was some nonsense like Ra, Chang'e, Chaac, Herc, and Sobek I think. I told the team 3 times early game for someone to build Weakening (I was Janus, I even bought a damn Divine Ruin).

No one did... We got wrecked. Hell at the end of the game I was only one with two full actives and the only one on the team with beads or aegis.

Actives give diseases or something I guess.

Strazyplus

I played on the new conquest map, and it does feel more polished but it feels like some detail had be lost

2015-02-02_1614.png

the flat cloud cover just looks poor and dated. as if there's no bumpmapping going on. i do not know why but feels like smite received a graphical downgrade but I really cannot pin my finger on it...

in preview the map looks really good but now actually playing in it just seems meh I will reserve judgment until completed and I bet most of it is to make it work on even poorer computers.

am I just being silly or is anyone else expecting a little more graphical appeal from this update?

Heartward Amulet sounds perfect for Ares.
Lotus Crown obviously perfect for healers. Especially Sylvanus.
Runic Shield great for Herc.
Noooooo @ Frost Bound Hammer change
Wtf @ Greater Aegis nerf... way to make mages even more vulnerable to Loki

lol Jandroid. I'm surprised they went for the obvious.

EDIT: I really need to start practicing conquest season 2 now. I want to get back into playing conquest now that it's basically been revamped on all fronts. Maybe it'll be enjoyable now.

Or I could just wait till patch and be that asshole that knows nothing about new items and feeds. That's fun too.

Man, Janus is the best designed god in the game. Nothing even comes close. I don't care if they nerf him to hell and back some day, I would still play him. Everything about his kit, animations, and voice pack are perfect. He is a blast to play and everything you do feels satisfying.

Does anyone else get really random and poorly timed lag spikes in this game?

I've had this problem from day 1. I will be initiating a team fight or just walking around and I'll lag for 3-5 seconds, everyone walks into walls, and then I usually come back dead or somewhere random. I've heard it's due to the servers, and forces out of my control. The only thing is that I live with three other guys, and when we play together, whether it just be one or two of us... I'm the only one who gets lag spikes. Were on the same internet. I have the best hardware in the house, I highly doubt it's my PC.

I honestly don't know anymore. I'm so sick of dying due to spikes.

I really need help :(

New map is so pretty.

Also going with Sun Wu Kong as the first hero I learn. What are some possible roles for him in conquest/Arena?

I'm pretty new to moba's in general so I'm learning builds and items from different websites just wanted some opinions from the people in here.

drotahorror

TNuspD0.png

First game back in months. Felt good.

Now imagine how you'd have done with a real build :p

Check out http://smite.guru/gods/i/1843 (fenrir linked) for some builds. Some of their builds are good, I don't recommend the fenrir one though. That's an easy way to die instantly with what they've got listed. Boots and Jotunn's are a must though.

Nice kda though. I'm gonna get back into smite as soon as the big patch hits.

Also going with Sun Wu Kong as the first hero I learn. What are some possible roles for him in conquest/Arena?

Support or solo and sometimes jungle. He's not great in any role at the moment. Fun to play though for sure.

Ferny

Now imagine how you'd have done with a real build :p

Check out http://smite.guru/gods/i/1843 (fenrir linked) for some builds. Some of their builds are good, I don't recommend the fenrir one though. That's an easy way to die instantly with what they've got listed. Boots and Jotunn's are a must though.

Nice kda though. I'm gonna get back into smite as soon as the big patch hits.

Support or solo and sometimes jungle. He's not great in any role at the moment. Fun to play though for sure.

Awesome thanks for that site. I just got the build from that game on smitefire or whatever that site is. Been running it for the last couple games and been wrecking with Fenrir, but that could be because I'm in a lower tier for MM or something. Fenrir seems to be a pub-stomper but can be easily downed if focused.

drotahorror

Awesome thanks for that site. I just got the build from that game on smitefire or whatever that site is. Been running it for the last couple games and been wrecking with Fenrir, but that could be because I'm in a lower tier for MM or something. Fenrir seems to be a pub-stomper but can be easily downed if focused.

I see others listing smiteguru a lot now but not tiermonster. I used to go to tiermonster when I was new.

http://tiermonster.com/god

Much better builds. Also it shows you the last games played by pros or atleast solid players and what build they used on that specific god. Keep in mind, with todays patch these builds are a bit obsolete.

And you're right, when you're low level you can pub stomp pretty hard with a lot of gods. It probably is best to go full damage on Fen with lowbies. Your attack speed and lifesteal was probably way too much for them to handle. For what you're doing I do recommend some crit as it would poop on them even harder. mix up a rage and deathbringer in there.

Top Bottom