• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

I think it looks decent.

I haven't been able to find my win/loss percentage though on my profile page and I gave it a good look, it's possible I'm blind.

That SmiteStuff site is interesting. I'm pretty average overall:

aeF1r21.png

But apparently I'm a beast when it comes to playing Hunters!

I've played 1 month 9 days. :(

Holy cow! Lol. Very impressive.

The Xbox One version of Smite is pretty neat so far, but it has a ways to go.

I didn't see if this was something I could change in the options, but my biggest problem with the console version is how the skillshot abilities just automatically activate if you push the button; you have to hold it down to aim the skill. Which, is kind of annoying if you just want to aim a "leap" type of skill toward you.

Other than that, it's pretty solid so far, but it'll take some getting used to. I'm still getting used to it, honestly.

Playing assault for most of the day can really change your opinion on some Gods. I now like and understand Kali (got her 3 times in a row), my interest in other Gods has increased but my interest in Ao Kuang has gone down.

I feel like I need to buy that God pack even more now.

Just out of curiosity what Bacchus all about? From what I played he seems like a Jack of all trades, not strong in anything, did I miss the point to him?

The Xbox One version of Smite is pretty neat so far, but it has a ways to go.

I didn't see if this was something I could change in the options, but my biggest problem with the console version is how the skillshot abilities just automatically activate if you push the button; you have to hold it down to aim the skill. Which, is kind of annoying if you just want to aim a "leap" type of skill toward you.

Other than that, it's pretty solid so far, but it'll take some getting used to. I'm still getting used to it, honestly.

It's in the control options. Right now it's defaulting to quick casting (which is a bug). What you want is normal casting.

This has got to be the most hohum patch in months. I don't even think the Serqet skin is that great either, but I also don't play her.

There's like nothing in this patch really, lol. Feel more like a hotfix for Bellona. I dunno why they put off Medusa.

This has got to be the most hohum patch in months. I don't even think the Serqet skin is that great either, but I also don't play her.

There's like nothing in this patch really, lol. Feel more like a hotfix for Bellona. I dunno why they put off Medusa.

Next one looks like a biggie. Medusa, achievements(probably) Ares mercenary skin..

Enordash

I feel like I'm starting to hit a wall on my improvement. I built up a pretty decent win percentage, but now I'm getting paired with people that are completely dominating. What's the best way people have found to practice without committing ELO suicide? Maybe I should just not care about ELO at all. That would probably be the quickest fix. If anyone is up for some games at any point, add me and feel free to message me: Enordash

I've lost the last 5 or so Joust 3v3's I've been in. Fuck -_-

I don't have the confidence to really try Conquest.

Edit: Agni is really fun. I want to buy that Swagni skin. I can't believe it isn't chest exclusive.

Edit: Agni is really fun. I want to buy that Swagni skin. I can't believe it isn't chest exclusive.
If you're interested in conquest at all, just play it. If you're below 30 just about everyone sucks in it unless they're smurfing. I've been smurfing a bit the past couple of weeks and it reminded me just how bad low level conquest is. People who don't know the meta, never rotate, don't use ults, etc.

You'll probably do better than you think. You won't learn the mode in any other way either.

That's if you're actually interested in it though.

drotahorror

I'll tell you right now, as long as you know the mechanics of conquest it's the easiest mode to win. Siege, 3v3 always parties of 3's and 4's. Me and a buddy play Siege almost exclusively when we play together (since they're short matches) and Siege and Joust are much harder than normal conquest.

I guess I just find it easier to carry in conquest. Also you can have more picks that are good in conquest than you can for siege/joust.

Watch some streams if you want to learn the mechanics. Watch what role they play, and how they play.

If you're not opposed to watching streams for learning I'll give you a list of who I like to casually watch a long with what role they (mainly) play.

Mid - http://www.twitch.tv/lassiz/profile (afternoon-late est)
Solo - http://www.twitch.tv/competitive_online/profile (afternoon-late est)
Jungle/Mid - http://www.twitch.tv/suntouch/profile (early morning EST)
ADC - http://www.twitch.tv/zap55/profile (kind of a scumbag but he's good, dunno when he streams)
http://www.twitch.tv/barraccudda/profile (evening, random)
Support - http://www.twitch.tv/runzelman/profile (random)

There's definitely more but these guys stream the most it seems, more of a schedule. You can check out their past broadcasts as well which I'd recommend anyway to skip the wait time between queues.

aite, nuff of my twitch talk.

I'm also hesitant to play conquest after one terrible attempt.

I've been watching a lot of championship matches which has increased my knowledge of conquest quite a bit.

That said you're probably right that I'll need to play it to actually get any true knowledge.

Edit: some good links above, I'll check them out later this evening.

If you're interested in conquest at all, just play it. If you're below 30 just about everyone sucks in it unless they're smurfing. I've been smurfing a bit the past couple of weeks and it reminded me just how bad low level conquest is. People who don't know the meta, never rotate, don't use ults, etc.

You'll probably do better than you think. You won't learn the mode in any other way either.

That's if you're actually interested in it though.

What happened last time is that I tried playing in the solo lane and the enemy decided to do a 2-1-2 formation rather than have a Jungler at all. I couldn't win my lane and my whole team just seemed to fall apart as well.

I feel like we could have possibly won had our Jungler made use of the fact that they had no Jungler, but our Jungler didn't.

I'll tell you right now, as long as you know the mechanics of conquest it's the easiest mode to win. Siege, 3v3 always parties of 3's and 4's. Me and a buddy play Siege almost exclusively when we play together (since they're short matches) and Siege and Joust are much harder than normal conquest.

I guess I just find it easier to carry in conquest. Also you can have more picks that are good in conquest than you can for siege/joust.

Watch some streams if you want to learn the mechanics. Watch what role they play, and how they play.

If you're not opposed to watching streams for learning I'll give you a list of who I like to casually watch a long with what role they (mainly) play.

Mid - http://www.twitch.tv/lassiz/profile (afternoon-late est)
Solo - http://www.twitch.tv/competitive_online/profile (afternoon-late est)
Jungle/Mid - http://www.twitch.tv/suntouch/profile (early morning EST)
ADC - http://www.twitch.tv/zap55/profile (kind of a scumbag but he's good, dunno when he streams)
http://www.twitch.tv/barraccudda/profile (evening, random)
Support - http://www.twitch.tv/runzelman/profile (random)

There's definitely more but these guys stream the most it seems, more of a schedule. You can check out their past broadcasts as well which I'd recommend anyway to skip the wait time between queues.

aite, nuff of my twitch talk.

Thanks. Will watch.

drotahorror

Think I just found my new love, and it's gotten me into Smite more for the time being. Time will pass quickly for Bloodborne.

The solo lane!

Having a great morning due to this. Just got my new G502 Proteus mouse too.

*Yes I bought hog on zeus that one time because I wasn't havin my blue buff stolen. I rekt that lane anyway.

AnatomyH - add me if you want to party up. I was in the GAF clan for a second but honestly I talk too much trash sometimes and rage and don't want to give the clan a bad rep. Siege and 3v3 bring out the absolute worst in me.

drotahorror

I want that scylla.

I spoke too soon about my winnings today. Next game I played, I start out 2-0, win my lane easily. Person rage quits on our team, they f6'd at 13min. Next game I go 5-4, lose my lane. I was the only person with kills on the team. All 5 of them were mine :/. Every time I died it was 3-4 man rotations and my team never rotated. f6'd at 10.

Joust 3v3 is my favorite mode I think.

edit: 5 fucking Siege losses in a row because of an unhelpful feeding teammate. 5 times in a fucking row.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Think I just found my new love, and it's gotten me into Smite more for the time being. Time will pass quickly for Bloodborne.

The solo lane!

Having a great morning due to this. Just got my new G502 Proteus mouse too.

*Yes I bought hog on zeus that one time because I wasn't havin my blue buff stolen. I rekt that lane anyway.

AnatomyH - add me if you want to party up. I was in the GAF clan for a second but honestly I talk too much trash sometimes and rage and don't want to give the clan a bad rep. Siege and 3v3 bring out the absolute worst in me.

if you level it a fist of the gods isnt bad on zeus pop your ult on yourself when someone jumps you and stun them in it

drotahorror

if you level it a fist of the gods isnt bad on zeus pop your ult on yourself when someone jumps you and stun them in it

It was kind of just nervousness as I don't normally ever play mages, let alone Zeus. It was unneeded though, I dumped on the xbal who was solo (which I wasn't expecting to be solo). Later on I fought a herc solo vs Zeus and pooped on him and went the normal solo build for a mage. It's just scary when you get a baka and another physical who have double hog and you're a mage without one.

Hades is really fun. Though he doesn't strike me as a Guardian. I almost always build damage on him and net early kills. Then late game I can terrorize the enemy team with my ultimate.

Hades is really fun. Though he doesn't strike me as a Guardian. I almost always build damage on him and net early kills. Then late game I can terrorize the enemy team with my ultimate.

Hades and Cabrakan are basically the magic version of warriors. Build them offensive with just enough protection to stay alive.

Hades and Cabrakan are basically the magic version of warriors. Build them offensive with just enough protection to stay alive.

I honestly have trouble figuring out how much protection that is. I usually end up getting Hide of the Urchin if we're dominating, or Spirit Robe. I sometimes will end up dying in my ultimate if the entire enemy team focuses me and I figure no amount of protection will save me from that. But the whole point of ulting the whole enemy team is to group them up and do as much damage as possible while allowing my team to easily focus them.

What's your typical build?

I honestly have trouble figuring out how much protection that is. I usually end up getting Hide of the Urchin if we're dominating, or Spirit Robe. I sometimes will end up dying in my ultimate if the entire enemy team focuses me and I figure no amount of protection will save me from that. But the whole point of ulting the whole enemy team is to group them up and do as much damage as possible while allowing my team to easily focus them.

The key numbers with protections are 50, 100 and 200. 50 will reduce damage by 1/3. 100 by 1/2. 200 by 2/3. So if you can get protections to 100 then items that add health or more damage might be better. When you get your 100+ protection then health items can be like twice as cost effective as they would be otherwise so something like that mage item with 600 health looks really good. But if the other guys are building penetration you could add more armour.

The key numbers with protections are 50, 100 and 200. 50 will reduce damage by 1/3. 100 by 1/2. 200 by 2/3. So if you can get protections to 100 then items that add health or more damage might be better. When you get your 100+ protection then health items can be like twice as cost effective as they would be otherwise so something like that mage item with 600 health looks really good. But if the other guys are building penetration you could add more armour.

Hmm what mage item gives 600 health?

I've really just been doing an all out attack power build with: shoes of the magi/warlock's sash/bancrofts/rod of tahuti/situational/situational.

Mind you this is for 3v3 Joust.

drotahorror

For Hades build an early Shield of the Underworld. Pop that before you ult. They now kill themselves while trying to kill you in your ult. They also can't lifesteal so it's great against ADC's. To me, Hades is the only god that this is mandatory on. It's also great if you're fighting Anubis since you can pop it during the stun. Granted Anubis picks are pretty rare.

For Hades build an early Shield of the Underworld. Pop that before you ult. They now kill themselves while trying to kill you in your ult. They also can't lifesteal so it's great against ADC's. To me, Hades is the only god that this is mandatory on. It's also great if you're fighting Anubis since you can pop it during the stun. Granted Anubis picks are pretty rare.
This. The item is really fucking good, especially on Hades.

It also has a relatively short CD so you can pretty much pop it in every engagement, ult or not.

Oh I forgot that item existed. Damn.

Also Aphrodite is INSANE in Joust 3v3. If you don't have a Thanatos that feed 1-9-0 in the first 15 minutes then they cannot win the lane unless they also have an Aphrodite. The heal on the birds is asinine. The mana regen for her and the soulmate is great with the mana buff.

I've been getting more comfortable with Bacchus but I'm having a lot of mana problems.

Are there any items I should spec into that give me some help there while still being able to keep relatively tanky (I've been going mainly for health items so far)?

I've been getting more comfortable with Bacchus but I'm having a lot of mana problems.

Are there any items I should spec into that give me some help there while still being able to keep relatively tanky (I've been going mainly for health items so far)?

Watchers Gift gives additional MP5 now.

Hmm what mage item gives 600 health?

I've really just been doing an all out attack power build with: shoes of the magi/warlock's sash/bancrofts/rod of tahuti/situational/situational.

Mind you this is for 3v3 Joust.

Warlock's gives you 600 health when stacked but I was thinking etherial staff which gives it to you straight away making is a bit better for a mid game bruiser.

The hades build I have saved is power boots/tank item/void stone/e staff/spear/tahuti but I don't play him much.

I'll keep it in mind when I next play.

I'm tempted to build for mana early and switch to health mid to late game.

To elaborate, Watcher's is basically 1 extra mana per second which means an extra spell per minute in lane. Could possibly make the difference between winning the lane or losing it. Or could help lessen the blow if you already know that you're going to lose the lane (since it helps you be less gold starved). A lot of people still prefer MoV though. Especially on supports like Sylvanus (of course Sylvanus doesn't need MP regen items during laning phase).

Also what do people use Aphrodite for in Conquest? Solo laner? Support? Her burst doesn't seem super amazing for a mage, but holy shit her sustain is amazing. And if you were to pair her with an ADC in the duo lane I imagine it would be pretty good. But I think I've seen her mostly as a solo laner which seems confusing since you can't get the bonus from her Smooch.

drotahorror

When I'm in a game and the server lags out, then I force close game and log back in and I'm at the main menu, that really annoys me. It's rare for it to happen but annoying none the less. I didn't lag on my connection, everyone in the game lagged. No 0% goodwill, no deserter penalty.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
used to happen a lot in beta i even had it happen once last week all i did was leave fountain then it kicked me back to lobby with no penalty

Top Bottom