• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

My #1 peeve in this game is when people neglect actives. This is especially annoying in arena/assault.

I don't get why people in assault games think rank 1 boots is more important than beads. People just buy meditation, some item, and rank 1 boots. When you could instead get meditation, some item, defensive active.

Only time I really defer from this is when I'm playing a support. I usually ditch meditation altogether unless that support is mana heavy, but that's more a personal playstyle choice.

Maybe I'm wrong, rant over.

TLDR Unless I'm mistaken, an active is better than 6% movement speed.

Tabby

My #1 peeve in this game is when people neglect actives. This is especially annoying in arena/assault.

I don't get why people in assault games think rank 1 boots is more important than beads. People just buy meditation, some item, and rank 1 boots. When you could instead get meditation, some item, defensive active.

Only time I really defer from this is when I'm playing a support. I usually ditch meditation altogether unless that support is mana heavy, but that's more a personal playstyle choice.

I usually always start with rank 3 boots, rank 2 meditation, rank 1 of an item and some pots.

I don't get why people don't get beads if there's an Ares or something, it's usually just common sense.

drotahorror

As long as someone on the team has heartward I rarely get med any more in assault. Beads is always more important.

I actually can't stand it if the tank doesn't get heartward. It's probably my #1 peeve in assault.

I usually always start with rank 3 boots, rank 2 meditation, rank 1 of an item and some pots.

I don't get why people don't get beads if there's an Ares or something, it's usually just common sense.

As long as someone on the team has heartward I rarely get med any more in assault. Beads is always more important.

I actually can't stand it if the tank doesn't get heartward. It's probably my #1 peeve in assault.
Yeah good points. I don't mind if people do these things.

I think I just get frustrated when people complain about stuff, but they're dying to Ares/Ymir 20 mins into the game and still don't have beads, let alone a second active period. What???

drotahorror

I still see the odd lvl 30 buy med in modes not named assault. It's embarrassing and I always run my mouth when someone does.

I can't help it :/

drotahorror

Hopefully it gives the game a big push in player base, but I would guess they turned to this due to not liking the numbers they were seeing in activity, which doesn't bold well for Hi-Rez developed games.

The 1-20 population is abysmal. This will help that. Having leveled up a couple of accounts these past 2 weeks while playing with a friend new to the game, the early levels are FILLED with smurfs (like me), AFK'ers, trolls, and just plenty of people that push new players away. Also the queues are LONG. I'm talking 3-5+ minutes on most queues. My buddy is level 20 now and I'm back on my main account and he's doing just fine.

This is kind of worrying.

Hopefully it gives the game a big push in player base, but I would guess they turned to this due to not liking the numbers they were seeing in activity, which doesn't bold well for Hi-Rez developed games.

There was recent news that Smite esports has some of the highest rewards of any esports scene. Also, Hi-rez recently announced that they were putting effort back into Tribes, the game they dropped some time ago.

These suggest that Smite is doing well enough that they can afford to put large amounts of money into it plus develop a game who's population is probably mostly long gone.

Do we actually have numbers/statements to base these population claims on? Just wondering if I missed something.

No numbers that I'm aware of. The closest thing is that 10million accounts thing but we all know that has little basis in reality when it comes to the actual numbers.

Korosenai

Last two joust matches in a row I've had teammates quit out when we could have easily won.

First game we just finished destroying their Phoenix, our Hercules quit, and the enemy pushes us and wins.

Second game was a 40 minute long match. Our teammate quit about 30 minutes in. Me (Athena) and my teammate (Rama) pushed the other team back, almost killed all three, and as the Titan got to 300 health the Phoenix spawned and killed my teammate and the third guy killed me. The enemy team them spawned, pushed our base and killed our Titan before we could respawn. Easily could have won if our teammate didn't quit.

This is the stuff I'm talking about. Just had an assault match where the other team had Kumbha, Athena, Cupid, Xba, Chang'e.

No one on my team bought beads or defensive items. I even mentioned people should buy beads/spirit robe and someone said it didn't matter.

It didn't matter.

I can't.

I was the only one who went positive, as Zhong Kui. Zhong!

Indignate

Do we actually have numbers/statements to base these population claims on? Just wondering if I missed something.

I'm not saying there is absolutely a population/monetary issue, it's just speculation because I feel like there has to be something wrong there if they're willing to take the hit with Valve's cut for being on Steam.

But maybe I'm being pessimistic and they're actually doing so well that they don't care about Valve's cut.

I'm not saying there is absolutely a population/monetary issue, it's just speculation because I feel like there has to be something wrong there if they're willing to take the hit with Valve's cut for being on Steam.

But maybe I'm being pessimistic and they're actually doing so well that they don't care about Valve's cut.
I can see that.

Though it could just be that the "growth" has slowed enough that allowing it on Steam is going to only benefit them. I've been following the game on Twitch since I started playing shortly before launch and viewership grew a bit after SWC and X1 release, but has mostly stayed the same the past few months.

I think I even saw DM with just under 3k viewers not that long ago. Highest I've ever seen a Smite stream at that wasn't a professional event.

But who knows, maybe this is all a ploy for them to grab a few more players before they drop the game for Paladins. :p

Ok I'm not sure if I'm stupid or what, but Smite has a Summer of Smite promo and it says if you do 7 Summer of Smite purchases you get that special Anhur skin. But which things specifically are Summer of Smite purchases?

Ok I'm not sure if I'm stupid or what, but Smite has a Summer of Smite promo and it says if you do 7 Summer of Smite purchases you get that special Anhur skin. But which things specifically are Summer of Smite purchases?

Summer of smite is now over, it ended yesterday.

The skins you could buy for it though were things like Beach Geb, Pirate Kali and beach Herc.

drotahorror

Which patch added VVGF for Hun Batz space skin? That used to annoy me so much, lol.

A few patches ago they added some missing VGS commands for HB and Arachne, and maybe someone else. That VVGF is for all HB skins. HB's don't even sound anything like the person that did the old ones.

Getting Merc in an assault reminds me how much I love playing him. I wish he was more viable as I feel like people would question it if I picked him in other modes like Arena or Joust 3v3.

I may just only pick him this weekend and try to power level him as high as I can.

SMITE music performed by Mus'Art Wind Orchestra

Got a quadra kill with Ah Puch last night and my team got so pissed. My Xbal and Freya kept accusing me of kill stealing... dude I'm Ah Puch, I blow shit up. It's not kill stealing when I end up doing twice as much damage as you.

http://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=182880962

When I started I think there were 10 gods and Smite could be run on a Commodore 64. The days before Athena released were dark indeed. lol

My most haunting memories from those days are the bongo sounds from OP Guan Yu.

And who could forget the ultimate combo with Old Wa and Fenrir: The Shake and Bake!

SMITE music performed by Mus'Art Wind Orchestra

Got a quadra kill with Ah Puch last night and my team got so pissed. My Xbal and Freya kept accusing me of kill stealing... dude I'm Ah Puch, I blow shit up. It's not kill stealing when I end up doing twice as much damage as you.

http://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=182880962

My most haunting memories from those days are the bongo sounds from OP Guan Yu.

And who could forget the ultimate combo with Old Wa and Fenrir: The Shake and Bake!

lol. Kill stealing... that doesn't even matter if you get a quadra kill. The only way to ever get legit mad over "kill stealing" is early game support/adc. If the kill is secured, the kill should typically always go to the ADC.

tm24

Me and a friend bought into the game after playing about 2 hours. Seems really fun. Really loved my games with Nox and Mercury

Time to read guides i guess!

Any details on the next patch or anything? Seems like they'd have a little something this week.

Some tweets have suggested that the Zeus rework will be coming in the next patch.

Apparently one of his skills has had a major change while the other 3 are mostly the same. That big change does make a big overall change though they said.

Been using Hades on Xbone lately. So much fun!

Just bought the God pack to unlock everyone. On sale for $20 for Gold members. Is the spider God any good? The new one?

Is the spider God any good? The new one?

Arachne is mostly a pubstomping God. When you play with higher level players they will be able to deal with her very well. She can be pretty good in assault since she has a heal on her one but outside of that she ain't great.

The new God (Xing Tian) is currently very good. He can build tank and still do very good damage or build full damage and do insane levels of damage.

Like Ares he's a beads burning machine (pair the two together is so bad for the other team). As he currently stands he can be played very well in the support, solo or jungle. I'll be surprised if he doesn't see a slight nerf to his numbers.

Been using Hades on Xbone lately. So much fun!

Just bought the God pack to unlock everyone. On sale for $20 for Gold members. Is the spider God any good? The new one?

I mostly play Arena, where Arachne (spider god) is not so good IMO. She is an auto-attack god and can therefore be kited pretty easily. If the enemy team knows what they're doing they will CC you and you'll have a lot of trouble closing the gap without dying. That's why I prefer an assassin like Serqet in Arena — she is very mobile and can get in and out quickly. Bastet is also a popular choice for the same reason.

The new god Xing Tian is very good. ThirtyFour pretty much explained it all. He can tank with the best of them while doing high damage. Pair him with another tank like Ares, Ymir, Athena, Hercules and you will give the enemy team a lot of trouble.

Khepri is a beetle. He's good but he's probably your third or fourth best support right now (Xing Tian aside).

Geb and Athena being the top two with either Khepri or Sylvanus being next.

Khepri doesn't have the same kind of initiation that the other guardians have so it puts him at a slight disadvantage.

He does bring good wave clear so can help a weak clearing adc (like Xbal) early and of course his ultimate is very useful.

Outside of that though I feel like you can get more out of the other guardians. He's very good in assault although you will still feel that lack of initiation.

Korosenai

Just went 13/2/8 in joust and lost... Pretty heartbreaking. Our team in total had 22 kills and 20 deaths. Hate when teammates don't know when to push and when to retreat.

drotahorror

Gonna start posting all the negative BM shit I see everyday.

Btw, these guys are still queuing up every day. They sit in games AFK from the start and only buy an item or two.

Just encountered some genuine losers. Calling people the N word, retards, etc. They start the game off saying they're going to afk and that we need to carry them 3v5 and that we're spicks.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx?player=DonaldTTrump2016

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx?player=ByeahSimulator2

Look at their recent matches. All 0's, they haven't done shit in any matches. This is bad for your game hirez, I hope you read some of gaf sometimes.

Nearly 3 weeks of ruining low level and new players games. I'm sure they've been reported countless times.

Gonna start posting all the negative BM shit I see everyday.

Btw, these guys are still queuing up every day. They sit in games AFK from the start and only buy an item or two.

Nearly 3 weeks of ruining low level and new players games. I'm sure they've been reported countless times.

Post that stuff in the Smite subreddit. Hi-Rez employees regularly post there.

drotahorror

Post that stuff in the Smite subreddit. Hi-Rez employees regularly post there.

Eh, I was probably just taking things too serious. Also I don't think witch hunts and calling people out is allowed on the smite subreddit.

In other news, I don't know why but I'm loving Neith right now. I'm like, mastery 5+ with every warrior and assassin, I've mastered every god in the game but hunters are my least touched. Really diggin Neith for some reason now.

Xballer balls so hard in Arena. I've averaged over 40k damage in my last few matches. I don't like playing him in other modes because his wave clear is shit, but in Arena he is an absolute monster. If I'm not getting shut down by the 10 min mark, I will be hitting like a freight train and your mages/assassins are going down in a few hits (I use a crit build). All hail the king of Arena Ares Xbalanque!

drotahorror

xbal spaghetti build is fun

odysseus bow, ninja tabi, golden bow, titans bane, executioner, death bringer

Just did an arena game with that. You're right, very fun! Thanks for the build rec. 41k dmg (top), 11-6-18

Didn't even get to finish DB though.

I'm always down to try stackless builds on hunters. I've been doing that epsilon hunter build lately, it's fun. bluestone> warrior tabi> soul eater> ichiaval> executioner> rage > db

Top Bottom