• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Aphrodite is scary in 3v3 joust. Cooldown boots/Lotus Crown/Rod of Healing/mage spear thing/mage rod. Hits like an absolute truck late game, and early game ensures that you and your soulmate will never ever ever ever die.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Eh, I was probably just taking things too serious. Also I don't think witch hunts and calling people out is allowed on the smite subreddit.

In other news, I don't know why but I'm loving Neith right now. I'm like, mastery 5+ with every warrior and assassin, I've mastered every god in the game but hunters are my least touched. Really diggin Neith for some reason now.
Neith is just a load of fun in general. Her ultimate is amazing for picking people off and she does amazing damage through auto if you pick up attack speed or damage buffs. Plus her stun that passes through is amazing.

Just had the strangest fucking game ever. I was total ass with Khepri. I can't time his ult in a team fight. We were 29-49. Losing so bad. Yet we managed a huge fucking comeback and won.

Scylla got a super boss quadra or triple at the gold fury with her ult and stole the gold fury. That turned things around. We actually had a gold advantage despite the huge death gap. And we won fire giant.

http://smite.guru/match/hr/184533396

drotahorror

Just got in a random game with a gaffer. First time I think.

ThirtyFour.

I was that vulcan in assault. Not sure if you saw what i typed in chat about gaf. Anyways gg.

drotahorror

And then my following game, conquest, my support buys no pots and goes into the sash items. Dies at lvl 2 and then dc's and leaves me in my lane alone. I end up double the damage of everyone, win my lane, but no support gg.

I'm always down to try stackless builds on hunters. I've been doing that epsilon hunter build lately, it's fun. bluestone> warrior tabi> soul eater> ichiaval> executioner> rage > db

I always do stackless builds on hunters, and I usually do it on mages too. In Arena it can just get too frustrating when people don't let you build stacks, or when you have to compete with a mage/hunter teammate who's building stacks.

My typical hunter build:

Warrior Tabi >> Executioner >> Rage >> Deathbringer >> Asi >> Malice
Actives: Girdle of Support (for pushing/teamfight domination) & Beads

Pro: Late game you will absolutely demolish any non-tank god with crits very quickly.

Con: Lifesteal item comes pretty late, so you will be boxing at a disadvantage early/mid-game vs Devo Glove hunters.

brian!

been pretty into this game the past week

like it's stupid in a way that's endearing and really appealing to me
not that it's simple or anything, just that it's janky (like the animations and the jumping/straging) in a way that I'm not used to which I like, I guess it's like an mmo but I haven't really played those
really pleasantly surprised with the post-game stuff for the gods too

I tried watching some of spl on twitch but the spectator kind of puts me off, maybe it'll get better once I get more familiar w/ everything going on tho

creatchee

I always do stackless builds on hunters, and I usually do it on mages too. In Arena it can just get too frustrating when people don't let you build stacks, or when you have to compete with a mage/hunter teammate who's building stacks.

My typical hunter build:

Warrior Tabi >> Executioner >> Rage >> Deathbringer >> Asi >> Malice
Actives: Girdle of Support (for pushing/teamfight domination) & Beads

Pro: Late game you will absolutely demolish any non-tank god with crits very quickly.

Con: Lifesteal item comes pretty late, so you will be boxing at a disadvantage early/mid-game vs Devo Glove hunters.

My only concern with that build would be the placement of Rage/Deathbringer. Having those expensive crit items at 3 and 4 will allow others to have about an extra item on you by the time you've bought both. It's not horrible, but typically you want to be dealing a higher damage that the crit will be based off of to maximize its efficacy, which comes more naturally in the late game from level progression.

brian!

Hey ive been reading about an ao kuang mage build but i cant seem to find specific info on it, what would the item and skill path be?

Hey ive been reading about an ao kuang mage build but i cant seem to find specific info on it, what would the item and skill path be?

Pen Boots, Bancrofts, Spear, Tahuti/Poly, Tahuti/Poly, Soul Reaver.

You could replace bancrofts with pythags as it gives you a little bit of cd which means your ult is up more.

My only concern with that build would be the placement of Rage/Deathbringer. Having those expensive crit items at 3 and 4 will allow others to have about an extra item on you by the time you've bought both. It's not horrible, but typically you want to be dealing a higher damage that the crit will be based off of to maximize its efficacy, which comes more naturally in the late game from level progression.

Very true. I used to save Deathbringer as my 6th item, but in Arena I found this wasn't too practical because the match often ends around the time I finish building my 6th item. That's why I changed my build order to get the crits online earlier. I'll have to experiment more to see if it actually helps or not.

New Ah Puch Skin (very nice):

AhPuch_Alien_Card.jpg

Khepri T2 skin:

Khepri_Tier2_Card.jpg

Pirate skins and vps 25% off this weekend. Also some double xp/worshippers with curse on pc and if in a team on xbox: http://www.smitegame.com/talk-like-a-pirate-weekend/

Some updated god cards and other changes can been seen here: http://www.smitegame.com/new-in-smite-alien-attacks/

I like the change to Khepri's ult, it no longer stops gods from being executed.

Can never load smitegame after news.

What are all the pirate skins? tyr, pos, kali, neith, sobek, and does the vamana one count?

Yeah looks like Smitegame is getting hugged to death. Check out the notes on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/3l7lep/pc_16th_sep_2015_patch_notes_pts/

Mostly cool stuff. I'll be interested to see the new Zeus spell and how it affects his playstyle. Blink and Xing Tian got the nerf hammer pretty hard. The only nerf I really have a problem with is the Deathbringer one. At least make it a little cheaper if you're gonna nerf it. It's a very strong item but that's because it's one of the most expensive items in the game...

What are all the pirate skins? tyr, pos, kali, neith, sobek, and does the vamana one count?

I don't think it counts as a pirate one as the pirate achievement only needs the 5 skins you mentioned first.

Mostly cool stuff. I'll be interested to see the new Zeus spell and how it affects his playstyle.

Attack speed on Zeus seems like it could be even better now.

The only nerf I really have a problem with is the Deathbringer one. At least make it a little cheaper if you're gonna nerf it. It's a very strong item but that's because it's one of the most expensive items in the game...

It's aimed at Serqet but it's going to hurt Ne Zha and Merc more. Merc doesn't need anymore nerfs, it seems like it's going to be a long time until he's truly viable again...

creatchee

I think I need an intervention. I really play too much assault, lol.

Assault is my game mode of choice as well. All team fights, all of the time. I mean, a lot of the strategy found in the other modes gets thrown out the window, but it's very action-oriented and doesn't feature the monotony of early-game laning.

drotahorror

I'm actually getting pretty sick of having to play games like this -

The xbal and swk didnt call any roles. They both went to solo lane and got 2v1'd by bellona all game. Xing played duo lane by himself and did fine. I got camped in mid by the jungler and mid. 2 people on our team bought hog (1 dc'd of course at lvl 1).

I dunno, this isn't fair. This happens to me nearly every game of conquest. Low levels (I'm 30), people that don't know the meta, people 500-1000 elo below me etc. It's frustrating.

Assault is my game mode of choice as well. All team fights, all of the time. I mean, a lot of the strategy found in the other modes gets thrown out the window, but it's very action-oriented and doesn't feature the monotony of early-game laning.

Once you get past the fact that you can be screwed over by the rng aspect it does become one of the more fun modes.

I'm actually getting pretty sick of having to play games like this -

The xbal and swk didnt call any roles. They both went to solo lane and got 2v1'd by bellona all game. Xing played duo lane by himself and did fine. I got camped in mid by the jungler and mid. 2 people on our team bought hog (1 dc'd of course at lvl 1).

I dunno, this isn't fair. This happens to me nearly every game of conquest. Low levels (I'm 30), people that don't know the meta, people 500-1000 elo below me etc. It's frustrating.

Next time we team up we should run conquest, at least that way you'll know there is one other person on your team who can hold their own (just don't ask me to play jungle).

So should I ever intentionally die in assault to buy items?

That is a viable tactic but if you can you should try to die to the tower. If you wipe their team let the tower hit you and kill you. That way they won't get any xp or gold off of your death.

Certain gods like Loki (invis) or Merc (ult) can get behind the enemy team very easily and can do this at any point in the game.

I wouldn't do it if your team is struggling though or if it would leave a team mate alone against 2 or more of the enemy team.

drotahorror

I don't play on EU servers, I play US with no problems.

3 in a row on EU servers where everyone knew how to build and called roles, conquest. NA seems like a flip of a coin if you get scrubs or new people. I really need for my buddy to hit 30 and see if things change. Even at nights when we queue up (he's lvl 29 now) we get multiple low levels in our games.

3 in a row on EU servers where everyone knew how to build and called roles, conquest. NA seems like a flip of a coin if you get scrubs or new people. I really need for my buddy to hit 30 and see if things change. Even at nights when we queue up (he's lvl 29 now) we get multiple low levels in our games.

When I was low level there were often people who didn't speak English so it made communication difficult especially when most people (myself included) don't know the vgs system at those levels. Maybe things are different on the EU servers at higher levels or I was just unlucky.

You could check your friend's casual mmr. When I was in the low twenties I was getting matched with full lv30 teams. I think it's cause my mmr was high enough that the system thought I was on their level. It's possible your friend's mmr is a bit low so it's trying to match him with similar mmr. How low level people are talking about?

Special C

League on Xbox is pretty much flawless. Which is amazing considering how bad casual is. Not everyone knows the best picks but everyone calls and know roles.

So should I ever intentionally die in assault to buy items?
Generally no, unless you have a substantial amount of gold and can get away with dying without it leading to a deicide or a lost team fight. Basically if you need to die, try to die after a good team fight and you're pushing the lane, if you're quick you can get tower aggro and die to tower for free.

That being said there are times where I've had like 8k gold and have to suicide or I'd be useless.

Once you get past the fact that you can be screwed over by the rng aspect it does become one of the more fun modes.

+1

I enjoy the team fights and getting handed gods I'm not always prepared to use. RNG is the big ticket to assault, but it's not always about winning.

Also it's the only game mode aside from arena that I feel OK abusing VGS in. As VGS serves almost no purpose there outside of ultimate is ready/down and I'll attack.

It seems like that new Ah Puch skin is only going to be 400gems, I'm happily surprised at that, was expecting it to be 600 or in a chest.

Poor Ravana, bad and unfun at the same time. Never had a chance.

It's not like the other recent Gods either where they can just adjust some numbers to bring them into line with the rest, Ravana's kit is just terrrible.

The new Ah Puch skin is glorious. I just ran around jungle practice spamming everything. It's amazing. VVGH gave me a good chuckle. That ult is incredible.

Also Zeus has animation/delay bugs on his 1. Honestly, not hyped about Zeus rework at all. A shame cause he's one of my favorite gods.

There is no SPL this week as the COG invitational is going on.

Hi-Rez has added it ot the SPL ticket, just go to the drop down menu and it will be there. Gives the chance at some extra fp if you need it.

I just had a 6 minute assault game.

Anubis
Ah Puch (me)
Zeus
Artemis
Mercury

Other team, despite having a good comp, didn't build like any magic protections, lol.

I have finally mastered Ravana, now to never touch him again!

Poor Ravana, bad and unfun at the same time. Never had a chance.

I rented him earlier this evening so I could take advantage of the Curse event x2 worshiper bonus. I was expecting the worst, especially because I figured he'd be like Osiris, who is probably my least favorite god in the game to play.

ZkAQwoZ.png

o_O

...is this a fluke? I was curb stomping people once I got a few items. He has a slow, a root, and a slightly worse Chang'e escape that got me out of a ton of bad situations.

So what exactly is the new MotD other than 5v5 siege?

You mean the Bermuda Triangle thing? It's a random motd. I've only run it once but I got full cdr, infinite mana, all Sobek arena.

...is this a fluke? I was curb stomping people once I got a few items. He has a slow, a root, and a slightly worse Chang'e escape that got me out of a ton of bad situations.

He's been through buffs so he is better than he was but his main problem is that his kit isn't fun to use for most people. You can make it work, I can't loose when I've had him in Hyper Joust even when going against the op gods for that mode. But I feel like those matches you've had aren't an indication of anything. Those are pretty standard results for any good Bellona or Wukong player.

Also there's the fact that everything that Ravana does an be done better by another warrior. Want a tanky warrior with good control? Herc or Tyr (they have better sustain as well). Want a dmg dealing auto-attack warrior? Bellona or Osiris. Want a dmg dealing ability based warrior? Sun Wukong.

Ravana isn't really as bad as anyone says but you'll get better results with another warrior and probably have more fun doing so as well.

Top Bottom