• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Remove the DDOS and see what happens?

Though that "LAN" was a total mess, so much lag, awful lighting and camera work, and Hi-Rez really needs better casters. Today was the best day as they had pros there as analysts which is something they need to do much more often. Allied is a great caster and they really need to get him on board to being there for more games. He also has a great community presence.

I think this is where Hi-rez is dropping the ball on this game. The pro scene is messy and reeks of bad management and technical issues. They did fine at Worlds for the most part, but the SPL has been a joke so far.

The one good thing they've done lately is putting pros on the SmiteGame stream. Players like Incon and Barra sometimes get more viewership than dmbrandon and that's awesome.

Remove the DDOS and see what happens?

Though that "LAN" was a total mess, so much lag, awful lighting and camera work, and Hi-Rez really needs better casters. Today was the best day as they had pros there as analysts which is something they need to do much more often. Allied is a great caster and they really need to get him on board to being there for more games. He also has a great community presence.

There was hints by Incon that him, Weaken and Allied had a curse overlay bug that prevented them from auto-attacking or using abilities so the invational was certainly not without problems.

I agree about Allied though. He was on the analyst desk during the last Worlds and did a great job there. he has talked about retiring from professional after this season and going into casting. It would be great to see him as a more permanent fixture there.

Hi-Rez are after my gems with some of the stuff up on the store right now. That throwback bundle, the Ah Puch alien bundle and the Yeti Chest, I kinda want them all...

Under the special events tab in the achievements there is a new achievement called 2016 Odyssey Explorer.

It has been confirmed to be tracking how many leagues (unit of distance) you travel in-game. No mention of any reward attached to it yet.

First and foremost, I wish to express my utmost disgust with the current Zeus. He absolutely ruins Joust 3v3. As soon as the minions are cleared he can toss his shield near you, hit it with his 1, and even if you're running away it's still an easy 2 lightning stacks that he can detonate for over 50% of your HP (and any teammates who also happen to be near). At no point is he at any risk while doing this. People make the same complaint about Ah Puch, but Zeus is way more bullshit IMO. The speed of his 1 and letting it bounce back and forth between you and his shield is the most low-risk high-reward combo in Smite.

---

Odyssey website:
http://odyssey.smitegame.com/

From HiRezStew Twitter:
"Since lots of people are asking. Still finalizing all details, but expect that entire #Odyssey2016 should cost less than 5600 gems."

Video of new Kukulkan skin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=7&v=fEHG-j9Ao2w
Who's that Pokemon?
It's
Rayquaza
!
Brave of them... isn't Nintendo known to be pretty lawsuit-happy?

---

Their next skin should be:

kBRuBT9.jpg

Pierce the heavens with your axe!

I've been enjoying Anubis lately. I love his huge damage and his stun is awesome for offense and defense; I've saved a ton of teammates from certain death with a well-timed wrap.

The model for the enw God (Sol) can be seen here: http://i.imgur.com/I7gzAnx.jpg

you can also see the new skins for Loki and Ravana in the new skin section on the left of the pic.

She looks cool. Kind of a mix between Agni and Kali.

And that Loki skin looks awesome. Looks like a Día de los Muertos theme!

Omg that Awilix buff makes me very happy (*_*)

Cabrakan getting more buffs? I won't complain... but I don't really understand lol. He's already my best guardian.

Nox buff is WTF though. She did not need that.

I like the changes on the mage boots. Before it was pretty much a no-brainer to pick the Pen Boots. Now it's a tougher choice.

Sol's recolor skin is amazing.

Xing Tian came out today on Xbone. So do God's come to PC first and Xbox later?

Is it just me or does he suck? None of his abilities seem to hit for much.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Look at the PC patch, they lowered his damage! And yeah, XB1 is about a month later, but thus gets new god + better balance off the bat.

He's interesting, I've been using chronos pendant on him, among other non-guardian like builds. I say he thrives in teams that have solid CCs, so that people can't save beads just to ignore him.

I hate how much a cooldown focus it takes to make him feel useful. And they upped his ult cd more for PC? Ech. With proper anti CC stuff, I have yet to feel as if his ult Hurts, but hey, day 1 xb1 here...

Sol looks awesome though, and love cripple being added to Nox. Feels fair compared to crazy Anubis kills.

It depends if the xbox version has the nerfs that they've given to him. I feel like the ones that will be coming in the next PC patch have gone too far.

He's interesting, I've been using chronos pendant on him, among other non-guardian like builds. I say he thrives in teams that have solid CCs, so that people can't save beads just to ignore him.

I hate how much a cooldown focus it takes to make him feel useful. And they upped his ult cd more for PC? Ech. With proper anti CC stuff, I have yet to feel as if his ult Hurts, but hey, day 1 xb1 here...

I feel like the best thing for him is to be on a cc heavy team, your teammates burn their beads then you blink in and ult. If you put soul reaver on him his ult does insane damage.

Sol looks awesome though, and love cripple being added to Nox. Feels fair compared to crazy Anubis kills.

The difference is that Nox is very safe since she has a dash which can actually put er completely out of combat if she goes inside someone. Anubis doesn't have that, if you get to him he's probably dead.

Edit: New dataming showing some of the upcoming Odyssey skins, I won't link the skins in case someone doesn't want to be spoiled: http://smitedatamining.com/smite-pt...greek-and-norse-odyssey-revealed-chiron-info/

My win/loss chances in Joust 3v3 lately seem to hinge on whether or not I'm facing a Zeus player. Hirez pls

I'm kinda torn on it. When they said I didn't like it at all but Nox is not in a good place and needs a buff. Whether this is the right buff though is debatable.

Sometimes I forget they balance the game based on Conquest. In Arena Nox is a goddamn menace with that root + aoe silence combo. She completely shuts down certain gods (like Serqet).

He's really good in the right hands, but after trying him (post-nerf) a handful of times, I was underwhelmed too. Guess he's just not my style. Ares retains his title as the king of Arena.

Edit: New dataming showing some of the upcoming Odyssey skins, I won't link the skins in case someone doesn't want to be spoiled: http://smitedatamining.com/smite-pt...greek-and-norse-odyssey-revealed-chiron-info/

Damn, all of those are great.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It depends if the xbox version has the nerfs that they've given to him. I feel like the ones that will be coming in the next PC patch have gone too far.

I think we have all nerfs before the pc ones announced yesterday. I don't like the new ones either, ha.

I feel like the best thing for him is to be on a cc heavy team, your teammates burn their beads then you blink in and ult. If you put soul reaver on him his ult does insane damage.

Aye, agreed. Without his ult working, he loses so much utility. He loses significant damage if the grapple is escaped, buf if they get stuck, good times.

The difference is that Nox is very safe since she has a dash which can actually put er completely out of combat if she goes inside someone. Anubis doesn't have that, if you get to him he's probably dead.

It depends, really. Nox can't burst or infight as well as your Posideons and Anubis, and all her damage takes time. And she doesn't have the direct versatility of Scylla. She forces more precision for equal or less payoff. In exchange, she gets a great escape...which STILL requires precision to be at it's best. And is still weaker than Scylla's, without a buddy.

Anubis Vs titans can feel so unfair, lol. Soloing a titan im 3 seconds Through a wall in joust... he's just absurd.

Ooh at that Ao Kuang. Some good stuff there.

Got the free Odyssey chests from yesterday and today. Both avatars. :( I mean they were free so I can't complain too much, but I hope tomorrow I get a skin at least...

I think it's time for a break from Smite. Today's been one of those days. 6 games today all bad losses in Assault. And of course since I'm usually the support cause RNG, I get picked on for BM.

Got told just now to use my chains (1) as Ares. When I had top kills already because of chains....

Meh.

drotahorror

I felt that way last week. I dunno though, bounced back and I'm having fun again. Just mute people and/or stop playing the match, that's what I do. Maybe not the best thing but, if I'm not enjoyin myself and I'm getting destroyed I'd rather just move on to the next match. I do BM a bit though here and there.

I've been playin with ThirtyFour, from here on Gaf pretty often. He sees the way I am. I'm a baby sometimes but I'd rather be a bitch than get pissed off. I know I shouldn't take it so seriously and I really don't, but sometimes I just get angry.

I always recommend taking a break from competitive multiplayer games like Smite. Burnout is real and can make the game more frustrating than fun. It's a video game, so it should never not be fun. I have taken many extended breaks from this game. The best way to take a break (if you still wanna play games) is to play a long single-player game like Skyrim or Fallout or a JRPG.

I dislike Assault but I actually had a good experience today. My team comp was ridiculous: Nox (me), Ra, Zeus, Cupid, and Medusa. The enemy couldn't even get near us because they'd get nuked to hell. Ra and Cupid kept us healed up. The teamfights were seizure-inducing with all of the spells getting tossed around. We absolutely dominated the game from start to finish; super fun.

I think it's time for a break from Smite. Today's been one of those days. 6 games today all bad losses in Assault. And of course since I'm usually the support cause RNG, I get picked on for BM.

Got told just now to use my chains (1) as Ares. When I had top kills already because of chains....

Meh.

I've noticed that you're often online in the clan. As Drota was saying we often team up and it does make a difference knowing that at least one other guy in the team knows what they're doing. If you want next time I see you on I can shoot you an invite. I'm always happy to be support and Drota plays a mean Guan.

I've been playin with ThirtyFour, from here on Gaf pretty often. He sees the way I am. I'm a baby sometimes but I'd rather be a bitch than get pissed off. I know I shouldn't take it so seriously and I really don't, but sometimes I just get angry.

I just try to keep in mind that it's not really a big deal if we loose. Also I feel like we could easily go for cheesy comps in things like 3v3 and win a lot more easily (our win rate there isn't actually half bad though) so I don't feel like a loss is really an indication of anything.

Also random game modes like Assault and some motds can be decided by rng. In that case I just see it as an opportunity to have a bit more practice with a god I likely don't know very well (will I ever get Nox?).

Servers went down. I was winning a 3v3 too... :(

I should probably party with you guys sometime. I figured most of you mainly play Conquest so I have only played with bleeb and Bamelin who are Arena/3v3 junkies like me. My only rule is that I don't play with ragers. I play Smite to relax after work.

You all are always welcome to invite me to games. I never play conquest though so I can't say I'd be very good in that mode. I always mean to say hi in clan, but either forget or no one is on when I'm on. So I tend to miss who's playing.

Don't get mad, just tell people they're bad.

That's my motto.
Hah, I don't BM usually, but I am *really* bad about muting and usually respond BM with BM unless I really am playing badly. Then I just don't say anything and pretend I'm a mute.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
https://twitter.com/schisam/status/650851365426622464

The Odyssey weekend event is being extended to tomorrow due to the server downtime today. That means another possible Odyssey chest if you get 5 wins tomorrow.

Chest per each first win or riot! *ahem* That's not going to help everyone. Like 2 and a half hours of gaming if you WIN; much longer if you get hit with lots of poor assault or MOTD silliness.

Oh well, good to get one more go...

Finally got my 5th win. Won the Arachne voice pack. It actually made me kinda sad because I had completely forgotten about Arachne lol... she's probably the least-played god in the game. I used to really like her when she had her old kit with the awesome ult pull. Do any of you play her? How do you build her items/skills?

drotahorror

Finally got my 5th win. Won the Arachne voice pack. It actually made me kinda sad because I had completely forgotten about Arachne lol... she's probably the least-played god in the game. I used to really like her when she had her old kit with the awesome ult pull. Do any of you play her? How do you build her items/skills?

level the 1 then 3, level the ult last (never put one in after 5 unless you have to).

warrior tabi > jotuhn's/qin's (either one as second item is fine) > frostbound hammer > attack speed item > defense.

frostbound isn't needed but I like it, if you're jungling you can start with bumbas and short bow, first item boots, then finish short bow into ichaival and go from there. Eventually sell Ichaival for something better obviously.

really just jotuhns and qins are the main core items imo.

level the 1 then 3, level the ult last (never put one in after 5 unless you have to).

warrior tabi > jotuhn's/qin's (either one as second item is fine) > frostbound hammer > attack speed item > defense.

frostbound isn't needed but I like it, if you're jungling you can start with bumbas and short bow, first item boots, then finish short bow into ichaival and go from there. Eventually sell Ichaival for something better obviously.

really just jotuhns and qins are the main core items imo.

Thanks for the tips.

Arrrrgh I got home late so I've been playing for the last 2 hours trying to get the 5 wins. MM is not being kind to me tonight. So many losses... and not even close games — I'm getting totally blown out. :(

tm24

So why does the game keep asking me for a security question every time i boot up despite that i answered the question every single time?

^ No idea. You should contact Hi-Rez customer support. They have been good at getting back to me within a day or two.

Clock just struck midnight... here's the final damage:

aaDWHo2.png

Oh man, I was about to throw my PC out the window after that 5-loss streak. As you can see, I sold my soul to the devil and played Zeus because I wanted to win so bad. That 3-win streak at the end of the night was SO refreshing. The best part was that none of them were easy games either; the Arena was actually a last-minute comeback from a 30+ point deficit.

Got the Sylvanus voice pack in my free Odyssey chest. My 4 Odyssey items from the event were: Sestertius Coin avatar, Blood Eagle avatar, Arachne voice pack, Sylvanus voice pack. Not the best haul, but not the worst either since I really like the coin avatar and I actually prefer voice packs over skins (Sylvanus' is really good too).

drotahorror

There's gotta be something mentally wrong with people that have taunt and laugh macro'd to a button. I see this stuff everyday. They will even be getting crapped and still just spamming the whole time.

There's gotta be something mentally wrong with people that have taunt and laugh macro'd to a button. I see this stuff everyday. They will even be getting crapped and still just spamming the whole time.

That's what mute is for. As for why they, I assume the psychological edge they think it gives them. you hear them laugh, get mad and make a mistake which they capitalise on.

Top Bottom