• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

we arnt getting any more gods til after the world championships so they have time hope when they do launch the japanese gods they release a few all at once to make up for the large no new god gap

On a more positive/sarcastic note, we are pretty spoiled by Hi-Rez. They have been super consistent with new god releases. Meanwhile, it has been 274 days since the last Dota 2 hero was released.

0132_hmhs.gif

Lol, I'm one of those assholes that picks skins like Baby Fuwa and Lunar Tango Chang'e just cause of how annoying the voice packs are. Probably why I'm so hyped for the wubwub Janus skin.

Azar

Those of you who've been playing Smite for quite awhile, how healthy would you say the community is right now? I haven't played much since February or March of this year, and was surprised how long I had to wait for Arena queues this evening. Was only a few minutes, nothing drastic, but I feel like I'd usually get matched within just a few seconds in the past.

Wondering if that was just a fluke, or whether the active playerbase has shrunk some this year given competition like HotS.

Those of you who've been playing Smite for quite awhile, how healthy would you say the community is right now? I haven't played much since February or March of this year, and was surprised how long I had to wait for Arena queues this evening. Was only a few minutes, nothing drastic, but I feel like I'd usually get matched within just a few seconds in the past.

Wondering if that was just a fluke, or whether the active playerbase has shrunk some this year given competition like HotS.

One to two minutes is a pretty standard queue time for me. I don't think it's an indication of anything.

What time and server are you queuing on?

Played a few games on the new map and have a few observations.

It's constant fighting from the start so don't pick gods that you can't keep alive.

You need gods that are good at early levels you are not going to get a chance to farm xp until you are ready to fight.

Don't worry about building luxury items or being very greedy with your build. There is lots of gold and chances to build stacks. Really consider building expensive items over value items.

^ Thanks for the tips.

That dubstep Janus skin is so awesome lol.

I think they changed their matchmaking to take a little longer but provide better matchups a while back. Smite's playerbase has been continually growing, so no worries there.

Played my first Clash game and no one picked Chiron so I took him (went 8-0).

He seems like a very very safe hunter. I find his clear a bit poor but he can box pretty well even early on.

Even though the other team had a lot of cc and burst damage it was very easy to avoid most of it. His three lets him travel a long distance so you can get away from enemies easily.

He's probably one of the easiest hunters to play in terms of skill level needed.

We should get some GAF Arena games going some time. Now that I finally got off my arse and got Smite onto my Steam, it'll even auto-update, hooray.

That all Merc motd! I went 26-4, Merc is so much fun to play, I wish he was viable outside of 1v1s a bit more.

I'm pretty much pure garbage as Mercury. I've only tried him twice I believe but I know I didn't do well.

I'm now at around 104 total matches played with around 75% of that in Assault. My win rate overall has improved greatly and is around 60-70% so that's a nice change. I still don't get a lot of kills but I'm typically more careful and don't get as many deaths either.

I finally got enough honor to get my first clan chest and I got the Shadow Isis so that was cool. But she's one of the 15 or so gods I've yet to play so now I just need to wait until Assault gives me a shot at using her to check out that skin.

Out of everyone I believe Sylvanus is the character I've used with the highest win-rate. I think I'm 4-1 with him now. I love when I get him in Assault.

I'm pretty much pure garbage as Mercury. I've only tried him twice I believe but I know I didn't do well.

That's just Merc though, if you don't know what you're doing you're going to get destroyed. My first match with him was in assault and it was one of the worst matches I've ever played, turned me off him for ages.

It seems like people hear about him 2 shotting squishies and assume he can do it right from the start which isn't the case. They also seem to value crit too highly on him. As a last item yes, but I was seeing people get 3 crit items before they got boots during the motd yesterday.

Out of everyone I believe Sylvanus is the character I've used with the highest win-rate. I think I'm 4-1 with him now. I love when I get him in Assault.

I find Sylvanus is a lot of fun in assault. Plus you get a tank and healer all in one so you can get some good dps on the rest of the team. If you can get good at hitting his 3 without using your root you can cause so many problems for the other team.

Finally got season ticket Sylvanus skin lol. I haven't been playing much lately, but I got a ton of FP from super regionals (Thanks Barra and friends).

Anyone playing Paladins? I wanna get the founder's pack, but I've spent too much money on Smite skins lately. :\

Finally got season ticket Sylvanus skin lol. I haven't been playing much lately, but I got a ton of FP from super regionals (Thanks Barra and friends).

Anyone playing Paladins? I wanna get the founder's pack, but I've spent too much money on Smite skins lately. :\

What is FP? I see people with it on the loading screen but I have no idea what that's all about. Fantasy Points for picking winners during the tournaments? Just guessing here. And something tells me I'd be a bit late trying to get into that to get a Sylvanus skin? With him being one of my favorites I wouldn't mind getting an exclusive skin for him but it's not the end of the world if I don't get it.

I started Paladins today. It's obviously very early on in development but I've been having a lot of fun with it after around five matches so far. Very fast paced and I'm not great at it. I'm looking forward to seeing it change and grow since right now there's too few champions and some people don't focus enough on objectives so it can go poorly quite quickly on a badly organized team.

Korosenai

I just need to say right now that Sobek is amazing. Like, really fucking amazing. I can count the number of Sobek's i've seen since I started playing this game (in August, Xbox One version) one hand, and i've been on a Guardian kick lately, so I decided to try him out... Here are my stats and some clips:

My current stats with him (smite guru doesn't factor in MOTD, so i've played more than 21 games with him):
7zKeufS.png

The build i've been using every game:
2VIbM6s.png

Deicide on the team while trying to initiate the team fight: http://xboxclips.com/Korosenai/efbae790-ca87-48a1-bce0-b29555ed9a7c

Clutch Siege victory where we were getting wrecked all game and down a person for half the game: http://xboxclips.com/Korosenai/bba8f8c3-b9a4-4026-bb35-e33991d5cf3b

Pluck Game too strong, poor Sun Wukong: http://xboxclips.com/Korosenai/eff1c755-132c-4a78-b1eb-874c2b062f22

My recent played games:

Basically what i'm trying to say is that it's a shame that I never see Sobek's, ever, because he is a really amazing God. His latest buff that he got where his abilities cost less mana to use really made him what I believe to be one of the best Guardians in the game. I almost consistently get top player damage on the team every game as well, which is crazy.

The recent buffs to Sobek definitely did wonders for him. It made him a top pick in the spl games. I played a of him in arena before his buffs and even then I thought he was undervalued.

It's a great feeling when you get a pluck on an enemy that was about to kill a teammate and you end up saving them.

What is FP? I see people with it on the loading screen but I have no idea what that's all about. Fantasy Points for picking winners during the tournaments? Just guessing here. And something tells me I'd be a bit late trying to get into that to get a Sylvanus skin? With him being one of my favorites I wouldn't mind getting an exclusive skin for him but it's not the end of the world if I don't get it.

Fp stands for fantasy points. You get Fp for correctly predicting professional games and for winning your own games. It ends just before the SWC in January so technically you could get enough points for the skin but it is unlikely.

The Sylvanus skin is unlocked at 10k points. Do keep in mind that you can buy your way to that point but it is 300 gems per 500fp.

I'd say that most guardians are super viable but people in casuals just want to go for pentas and stuff, you know.

I wonder if the clash map is going to be reworked and Japanese themed since most of the pantheons have their own theme. Although joust is just sort of medieval, china has no map and the Egyptian map was retired.

I wonder if the clash map is going to be reworked and Japanese themed since most of the pantheons have their own theme. Although joust is just sort of medieval, china has no map and the Egyptian map was retired.

The new joust map will be revealed during the SWC and it will be Chinese themed. There are even some videos with some small looks at it on YouTube.

I seem to recall the devs saying that the clash map was kinda thrown together using conquest assets so I wouldn't be surprised to see it change visually if they decide to keep it.

The new joust map will be revealed during the SWC and it will be Chinese themed. There are even some videos with some small looks at it on YouTube.

I seem to recall the devs saying that the clash map was kinda thrown together using conquest assets so I wouldn't be surprised to see it change visually if they decide to keep it.

I wonder why they didn't use the domination assets just to give us something different to look at. But I guess that map didn't have most of the conquest objectives.

Stick to the Overwatch homie.

Paladins looks wiggity wiggity wack.
:p I'm trying to give it the benefit of the doubt. It is a Hirez game and Hirez games are fun.

But yeah, that awful stress test weekend is over so I can play Overwatch again. Too many bad new players infested it. I'm awful at Overwatch, but I've seen some shit.

I'd say that most guardians are super viable but people in casuals just want to go for pentas and stuff, you know.

Did they ever say why they removed Domination from MOTD? I get why it was removed from normal queue (blah blah population something something bullshit), but to remove it entirely is a little silly.

I feel like the only reason Clash exists is because it's a desperate attempt to get people to play more conquest (and ultimately ranked conquest). I really want to see numbers on each game mode.

Did they ever say why they removed Domination from MOTD? I get why it was removed from normal queue (blah blah population something something bullshit), but to remove it entirely is a little silly.

I feel like the only reason Clash exists is because it's a desperate attempt to get people to play more conquest (and ultimately ranked conquest). I really want to see numbers on each game mode.

Domination is sort of annoying to play but I don't know why they wouldn't leave it in MOTD just so people could try it.

I'd like to see queue numbers. I wonder how popular siege is especially since that seems to be a sort of bridge between arena and conquest. But it seems to be a mode that is only really great for 4 man premades. And Joust is like the 1v1 map but it has a bunch of extra camps that it doesn't need.

Domination is sort of annoying to play but I don't know why they wouldn't leave it in MOTD just so people could try it.

I'd like to see queue numbers. I wonder how popular siege is especially since that seems to be a sort of bridge between arena and conquest. But it seems to be a mode that is only really great for 4 man premades. And Joust is like the 1v1 map but it has a bunch of extra camps that it doesn't need.
I did a little googling after I made the post, apparently this site has stats like that. I can't access it though. I think it's down.

http://smitestuff.com/statistics/

According to reddit and the official forums. That site put Assault at #1, then Arena, then normal Conquest. However one poster said that Conquest + Ranked Conquest would make it #1. This was in Julyish. So before Steam.

No clue about Joust and Siege though.

I did a little googling after I made the post, apparently this site has stats like that. I can't access it though. I think it's down.

http://smitestuff.com/statistics/

According to reddit and the official forums. That site put Assault at #1, then Arena, then normal Conquest. However one poster said that Conquest + Ranked Conquest would make it #1. This was in Julyish. So before Steam.

No clue about Joust and Siege though.

That site has closed down since Hi-rez gave you the option to hide your profile as they couldn't gain enough data.

Also I heard that even with conquest and league conquest combined it only reached number 2 on the most played map, assault still being number 1.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
LoL at Gaga Aphro, though wearing wraps and little else would make sense for Nu Wa too.

That Serqet skin looks very... western comics-ish. I like it enough for that reason. And the head adornment do look very Scorpion-like, which some of her outfits seriously lack. Hope she has a deeper, more mature voice, too many valley-girl style voices!

I've been playing pretty much only clash. At the start it was very chaotic and most games were complete stomps one way or another. But now there are more closer games and people are more used to the flow. Like it often comes down to late game fire giant fights like a conquest game. I like the faster pace and focus on team fights from the very start.

Dezere

Neo Member
Well, i buckled down last night, spent $80 Canadian on Gems

Got all the Odyssey items so far and the rest of the Christmas chest i needed

And now i wait.

Something similar happens if I get AP in assault too. I swear it's not my fault!

Ah Puch can be so annoying to play in assault because if you play it right you're basically impossible to kill early yet eventually the other team will have multiple items over you and so can kill you.

As soon as this happens they wipe the rest of my team and end up taking two towers and maybe a phoenix because my respawn timer is so high...

Top Bottom