• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

XenoRaven

Ah Puch in any game type that doesn't have an emphasis on multiple lanes and ganking is a giant pain in the ass. Hate that bastard.

I'm actually really close to swearing off 3v3 Joust due to the fact that camping towers is way too easy, and games devolve into farm fests where no one wants to make the first move.

I was hoping for a new Neith skin from the Odyssey stuff, but I'm not surprised they're doing Khepri.

Ah Puch can be so annoying to play in assault because if you play it right you're basically impossible to kill early yet eventually the other team will have multiple items over you and so can kill you.

As soon as this happens they wipe the rest of my team and end up taking two towers and maybe a phoenix because my respawn timer is so high...
Yup this is basically it. My first death happened when I wiped their team and decided to suicide to tower. My team still kept diving like crazy with me not there and they all died causing the other team to get two towers.

Though our Kali and Serqet being awful didn't help much either.

drotahorror

If anything the gold ticks evened things out a little but the snow balling gets out of control when some players get a level advantage. If anything xp ticks would make it snowball less.

The jungle camps could probably use some tinkering. They should really create some unique mechanic for the centre camp and not have it spawn in at the start of the game.

Though our Kali and Serqet being awful didn't help much either.

Most assassins are useless in assault anyway imo. I can play a decent Merc in it but that's just cause I've got a good amount of experience playing him. I don't see how Serqet can be played well in that mode at all though (that said Serqet is the only god I've never won a match with outside of motds).

Nice. Definitely my new favorite mode, and I was sad to read that it was going.

It's so easy in that mode to get fed and snowball outta control in that mode. So the gold per tick is a decent change I suppose since that outta control moment can happen on either team.

I'm not sure what the point of removing it ever was, any changes that needed to be made can probably be made on the fly on a week to week basis. It seems like they may be doing that now with the gold change.

The jungle camps could probably use some tinkering. They should really create some unique mechanic for the centre camp and not have it spawn in at the start of the game.

It definitely needs to be changed, personally I see little point in fighting over it early game. I prefer just splitting up and going for the xp camp and blue buff.

Going from Xbox Smite to PC is hard. I don't see how you guys move with WSAD and do abilities at the same time with 1234.

I've never really thought about it but I suppose your best bet might be to make sure most skills aren't on instant cast. Then when you choose them you can have a few seconds where you can concentrate on moving with wasd and aiming with the mouse.

Outside of that you could try rebinding, it would probably work if you have a mouse with the extra buttons on the side.

Indignate

It comes more natural to people who play PC games, specifically all dem MMO's and RPGish games.

I bounded my shit to QERF doe cuz I'm different!

I use 1,2,3,E. Space is like the easiest key to hit and hold so people often rebind it to primary attack. Pinkie keys are less useful because that finger is less reliable. E, C and F keys are quite easy to hit I think. For an FPS, for example, you might bind crouch to both C and Z because that way you can keep moving left or right and have a finger free to crouch.

Korosenai

What's a good mouse for gaming? I'd really like to play Smite on PC more, I hate waiting a month for content on Xbox. I played a clash last night as Bellona and had a lot of fun. I was severely underleveled though because I didn't know how to use vgs, open the store, retreat, etc.

XenoRaven

What does Hi Rez do to punish quitters?

It doesn't feel like enough because people quit way too damn often. Especially in Assault, where I assume they just leave because they don't like the god they got.

Korosenai

Had a guy in league conquest just now call Sol as carry, took Kukulkans spot mid so kukulkan had to come to the carry lane, and then she just sat there and got kicked out of the game 3 times and we lost because it was a 4v5. We even had 30 kills as four people to the other teams 26. Sol finished the game with 1,000 player damage. Really salty right now, fuck people who troll like that in league matches. /rant

Because of Sol I have another loss for my placement in league when that should have eAsily been a win.

drotahorror

What's a good mouse for gaming? I'd really like to play Smite on PC more, I hate waiting a month for content on Xbox. I played a clash last night as Bellona and had a lot of fun. I was severely underleveled though because I didn't know how to use vgs, open the store, retreat, etc.

Lots of good mice out there. I use a Steelseries Sensei Raw. It's cheap about $40. The g502 Proteus core is great and popular. There's tons. And it sort of depends on your grip on the mouse (claw, fingertip, palm). Look them up to see which one you use.

Buy menu is "i". VGS is...V followed by other letters. VRR is retreat. VSR is falling back. VVE is on my way. 3 commands I use non stop. VC1, VC2, VC3, is be careful left/middle/right lane. VR1, VR2, VR3, is retreat left/middle/right lane.

Most assassins are useless in assault anyway imo. I can play a decent Merc in it but that's just cause I've got a good amount of experience playing him. I don't see how Serqet can be played well in that mode at all though (that said Serqet is the only god I've never won a match with outside of motds).
Fair point. They mostly are pretty bad in Assault. Though I've always done well with Kali. She's fun with blink.

XenoRaven

Neith is my best god, and I got her randomly for an Assault game yesterday. I ended up not dying until I hit level 20. All I had for almost the entire game was Death's Toll and Cursed Gauntlet. I got pretty far ahead but once the other team caught up to my level my damage was pathetic. I had like 12k gold in hand when I finally died and just bought my entire build at once.

Tabby

Neith is my best god, and I got her randomly for an Assault game yesterday. I ended up not dying until I hit level 20. All I had for almost the entire game was Death's Toll and Cursed Gauntlet. I got pretty far ahead but once the other team caught up to my level my damage was pathetic. I had like 12k gold in hand when I finally died and just bought my entire build at once.
12k? Holy moly. You really should have suicided at like 4/5k. Usually my team complains I'm lagging too far behind in items to do damage and I agree.

Indignate

Yo dawgs, let's play. It's been MONTHS.

Indignate is my name I'm pretty sure add me.

Also, since we were talking about key bindings earlier. I'm sometimes hitting 1-4 for abilities even though I've always had this game bounded to qerf. Something happened to me while I was away from this game.

Dezere

Neo Member
Yo dawgs, let's play. It's been MONTHS.

Indignate is my name I'm pretty sure add me.

Also, since we were talking about key bindings earlier. I'm sometimes hitting 1-4 for abilities even though I've always had this game bounded to qerf. Something happened to me while I was away from this game.

Sent a request

creatchee

Assassins aren't useless in Assault - they have to be played in a different manner than normal. Kali and Bakasura can and will end a game almost by themselves if allowed to get to level 20 full build and in reasonably capable hands. You just have to pick your spots and survive to get there.

Season 2 League Rewards have been announced: http://www.smitegame.com/preview-season-2-league-rewards/

idRooXV.jpg

Also a some stats on the spl ticket, xbox compared with pc:

To support the developer I've been keeping up on the Odyssey stuff so last night I got on and spent the 300 gems for that Bellona skin and the Odyssey chest gave me the new Aphrodite diva skin. That was a pleasant surprise.

I haven't actually played any matches for a week or two as I've been playing other stuff but now I have more neato skins to use.

Oh, and it appears there's a GAF clan (or whatever term the game uses, can't recall if it's different?) under SMGAF? I just joined some random group awhile back because I didn't see what looked like a proper GAF clan but I guess I overlooked that one. Oops!

New Artemis loading card for her mastery skins:

Oh, and it appears there's a GAF clan (or whatever term the game uses, can't recall if it's different?) under SMGAF? I just joined some random group awhile back because I didn't see what looked like a proper GAF clan but I guess I overlooked that one. Oops!

The GAF clan isn't that active. If your clan is active then you're probably best off staying there.

Just add anyone here to you friends list if you want to team with them.

The Calydonian boar was a major monster in Greek mythology. Like as big as a horse and could breath fire that sort of thing. Think it's a big episode in the Argonauts journey.

Man, the build-up to World's is crazy. I'm still trying to get Dr. Vanus, but I'm happy with just Iron Crow. Kinda wished they made rewards for the other tiers in between the blue frame and Dr. Vanus. At least some more chests would be nice.

This explains so much.

One of the biggest BM'ers actually works at Hi-Rez and it has come to a point where he even encouraged it. They won't do anything about him because it keeps them relevant and he casts for them in tourneys. One of the most well-known pro players even spoke out against his bs because it paints Hi-Rez in a bad light, but then again they just don't care.

Here are some videos from two people that put things in a better manner

SpiffSinister
Lazzis (pro player for Team EGR)

XenoRaven

Man, the build-up to World's is crazy. I'm still trying to get Dr. Vanus, but I'm happy with just Iron Crow. Kinda wished they made rewards for the other tiers in between the blue frame and Dr. Vanus. At least some more chests would be nice.

One of the biggest BM'ers actually works at Hi-Rez and it has come to a point where he even encouraged it. They won't do anything about him because it keeps them relevant and he casts for them in tourneys. One of the most well-known pro players even spoke out against his bs because it paints Hi-Rez in a bad light, but then again they just don't care.

Here are some videos from two people that put things in a better manner

SpiffSinister
Lazzis (pro player for Team EGR)
I'm barely engaged in the community and I already knew this was going to be about dm

Korosenai

I started playing League Conquest 4 days ago for the first time and I'm in love with it! It's the true Smite experience imo.

I placed in Silver 1 and just won my promotion rank game and skipped all the way to Platinum 3! So now I get the Ullr skin and loading card :)

Indignate

The DM shit gets spinned so out of proportion. At best, the dude is a tame ass blamer for shit that is his fault in a game and he gets heated in the moment about it. I say tame, because it hardly compares to the shit toxic ass people actually say.

And I like Laz and all, but right after he put that video out he was on twitter threatening DM with physical violence cuz he had said he didn't care what Laz had to say in that video or whatever. Maybe not the best person you should be using to try and show up DM's BM.

Dezere

Neo Member
If anyone wants to play, my in game name is the same as my Neogaf name, Mainly play Clash, Siege, and Joust, but will play Arena/conquest if you want me to

I'm barely engaged in the community and I already knew this was going to be about dm

The DM shit gets spinned so out of proportion. At best, the dude is a tame ass blamer for shit that is his fault in a game and he gets heated in the moment about it. I say tame, because it hardly compares to the shit toxic ass people actually say.

And I like Laz and all, but right after he put that video out he was on twitter threatening DM with physical violence cuz he had said he didn't care what Laz had to say in that video or whatever. Maybe not the best person you should be using to try and show up DM's BM.

While I acknowledge that is behavior is tame in comparison, the fact that he is a face of Hi-Rez still make this an issue. The last thing they need is someone like him amongst their ranks.

That Ullr skin. They should've sexualized him a bit more. There really aren't enough of those for the male gods. A lot of the Norse gods would do really well there.

Like I'd become a master at Tyr if he had a shirtless, hairy chested, skin.

This is one of the main reasons I like Zeus, lol. Most of his skins are on point.

Top Bottom