• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

That feel when the Stargazer Anubis skin is on sale for 300 gems and you only have 273. :(

Oh well, hopefully they will have a big Christmas/New Year sale.

That Ullr skin. They should've sexualized him a bit more. There really aren't enough of those for the male gods. A lot of the Norse gods would do really well there.

Like I'd become a master at Tyr if he had a shirtless, hairy chested, skin.

This is one of the main reasons I like Zeus, lol. Most of his skins are on point.

Well if you're gonna sexualize a male god, Zeus is definitely the best choice. Nobody has laid more pipe than Zeus.

That feel when the Stargazer Anubis skin is on sale for 300 gems and you only have 273. :(

Oh well, hopefully they will have a big Christmas/New Year sale.

If you want the Stargazer skin the best way is through the Starter kit. For half the price of 400 gems you get 400 gems, Anubis, his vp and the stargazer skin.

Warriors are probably going to be nerfed for season 3 so I wouldn't bet on him. I think that "pro" players are really salty that they can't play pure damage mage/assassin in the solo lane or something. You know that most people would be happy if the meta was hunter in all lanes.

They've said they've wanted to do something to his ult since it is basically worthless atm. Even with that he probably won't be on the same level as other auto attack warriors like Bellonna and Osiris so an overall warrior nerf probably wouldn't need to touch him.

Probably the nerfs will be on items and will be really ham fisted if last year is anything to go by.

There was a datamine recently that seemed to suggest that a lot of actives would be going away and what they used to do would be put on certain items.

It didn't look to great from what I saw but it is a few months away. Still it would be really easy to mess that up.

There was a datamine recently that seemed to suggest that a lot of actives would be going away and what they used to do would be put on certain items.

It didn't look to great from what I saw but it is a few months away. Still it would be really easy to mess that up.

I remember them talking about trying out something like that ages ago. That could easily be something old they tried on a test server as season 3. I expect season 3 to be something that changes a lot of existing items. Especially nerfing most of the defensive items in the game.

drotahorror

They've said they've wanted to do something to his ult since it is basically worthless atm. Even with that he probably won't be on the same level as other auto attack warriors like Bellonna and Osiris so an overall warrior nerf probably wouldn't need to touch him.

They should make his ult a stance change like Tyr. He'd be the only melee auto attack based stance changer.

They should make his ult a stance change like Tyr. He'd be the only melee auto attack based stance changer.

It depends what the stance switch became I guess. His 1, 2 and 3 abilities aren't that bad can work well if you know what you're doing.

That said I'd personally prefer to just see them add an ult and buff the heal on his 3. That way he can actually do something in team fights and during laning a better heal will allow him to sustain along with the blue buff.

Queuing conquest. Twice people didn't accept queue. Then someone dodged lobby on other team. Then got a game and someone instalocked the role I called then went afk for the first 3 minutes of the game. Go on reddit and people are complaining that there are modes in the game other than conquest and every other map should be removed. Unbelievable.

I sometimes wonder how the reddit would react if Hi-Rez announced they were dropping conquest and making arena or assaut the official main mode of Smite.

They are the two most played modes so it would make sense from the casual player stand point. They would probably loose some income from the pro scene though...

Yeah, just playing assault I'm matched with people who have like rank 8-10 gods all with skins. Paying customers. The people who were queueing conquest were like people who were banned from League or something.

I often hear people say that league arena was boring as everyone was afraid to fight until only a few tickets were left.

You could remedy this by just implementing one of the recent motds where only kills would reduce the enemies ticket numbers (maybe also the big bomb carrying minions through the portal as well).

That way Hi-Rez could make a lot of money off the casual players and yet still push this mode to the pro scene and make money there. It would also give a different feel then just being LoL/Dota but in 3rd person.

Yeah, I kind of gave up on Conquest a long time ago but mostly because I didn't have time to stay up to date on the meta. I have more fun in Arena, Assault, and Siege anyway.

drotahorror

Tons of Anubis lines crack me up.

Rat's VRR "Run awwwaaaaayyy" and I hear his new VP is good with the skin
his VVGQ "Shutup Bigmouth!"
Hercules VDD "DEFENDD" he sounds so stupid which is why I love it
Scylla VER "You're fun"
Artemis VVA "Ok"
Neith VVC "cancel that" I get mixed up which one is be careful.

I like weird ones, lots of simple ones that I just enjoy hearing.

Rat's VRR "Run awwwaaaaayyy" and I hear his new VP is good with the skin

Oh god, reminds me of a really funny Smite moment I had a while ago. Playing Arena as Ah Puch, and everyone on my team got killed in a teamfight except me and Ratatoskr. We retreated while spamming VRR so it was like this:

RUN AWAYYYY!!!
RUUUUUUN!!
RUN AWAYYYY!!!
RUUUUUUN!!
RUN AWAYYYY!!!
RUUUUUUN!!
RUN AWAYYYY!!!
RUUUUUUN!!
RUN AWAYYYY!!!
RUUUUUUN!!
RUN AWAYYYY!!!
RUUUUUUN!!

So childish but so funny.

Nearly every line spoken by Ah Puch and Ratotaskr are amazing. I love Ah Puch's long winded statements. People complain about his match start line, but I love it...

"I come from the darkness of the underworld... and all will tremble before me!"

I also have a lot of VVA's I love. Thor, Guan Yu, Ymir, Mountain Man Odin, Ullr. Most of them sound pretty sarcastic, which is why I like them lol.

Dezere

Neo Member
Not sure how i feel about the patch notes, Ne zha looks nice, and Ravana seeing some love is fantastic, but otherwise, idk about the other stuff, was kinda hoping for a Ne zha rekit and not just a remodel.

Regardless, will still play the heck out of the PTS and post my thoughts

Dezere

Neo Member
Nezha is one of the most fun gods in the game they would be nuts to totally rework him. Loki on the other hand should be deleted from smite.

A rekit would be nice, even if it's changing his 2 from an AS steroid, to something more fitting to someone who uses abilities for 95% of his fights

A rekit would be nice, even if it's changing his 2 from an AS steroid, to something more fitting to someone who uses abilities for 95% of his fights

The basic combo is ring, sash, ult but if you are playing experienced players they will use beads on the sash stopping the ult. So it's best to mix in some basic attacks I think and practice hitting the ult as an opener with no cc. Team mates who know what's going on will wait for you to land to secure the kill anyway so it's a good opener.

Indignate

Scylla's lines are great cuz people in here hate her voice IIRC.

But really, Athena's "sometimes power is needed" line is the best.

Dezere

Neo Member
The basic combo is ring, sash, ult but if you are playing experienced players they will use beads on the sash stopping the ult. So it's best to mix in some basic attacks I think and practice hitting the ult as an opener with no cc. Team mates who know what's going on will wait for you to land to secure the kill anyway so it's a good opener.
I do agree he basics a decent amount, but once again, it's in the middle of an ability chain, i just cant help but wonder what the 2 could be if it werent just an AS steroid and heal, yknow?

I hate to admit it, but I'm gonna become one of those bandwagon Ravana players. I always liked playing him, but I never did well enough with him for me to enjoy playing him long term. His design, ability animations, voice pack... love it. So now I can actually play a god I like.

Now if only I could find an assassin I like playing. Ne'Zha is probably the only one I have "fun" on.

Dezere

Neo Member
I hate to admit it, but I'm gonna become one of those bandwagon Ravana players. I always liked playing him, but I never did well enough with him for me to enjoy playing him long term. His design, ability animations, voice pack... love it. So now I can actually play a god I like.

Now if only I could find an assassin I like playing. Ne'Zha is probably the only one I have "fun" on.

My friend freaking loves Ravana, 80% winrate as him, over 1.2k kills and 1.3k Assists before even hitting rank X

Korosenai

I've got Ravana rank 2 and bought his skins as soon as I could. I love using him, he's just frustrating and annoying to play as right now because he has no damage output. This buff was much needed.

giphy.gif

I like Scylla's voice lines...

[VEW]: YAAAAAAAAY!

drotahorror

That should...cover my vital parts.

I think we can all agree Chronos 64 VP is awful. I also hate kawaii or w/e bastet's. And pixelbuster freya. I don't like the Nemesis season ticket VP either. "I'll cut you later" ugh so annoying.

That Kevin Sorbo Herc skin has that amazing "DISAPPOINTED" line.

I wish every game had the VGS system. It's one of those little things that puts Smite on another level for me.

Oh man, how could I forget about G.E.B. 1's [VEW]: Weeeeooooooooooo!

You're a LUNARtic

Awilix voice is best voice.

Fixed! And yes Awilix has a great voice pack.

"I'm proud of you! You're trying so very hard!" - devastating Neith taunt

God damn, Neith is a mean girl.

meanwhile Arachne has been in since beta and has one T2

I seriously think Hi-Rez forgot she existed in the game. She went so long without any tweaks, while the subreddit/forums had people constantly calling for a buff because she was weak. Her most recent bugfix is a nice buff though. So a step in the right direction!

Top Bottom